SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes it does

e: to be quite accurate, i tested this with drizzle pelipper calling in another one, but i see no reason why vulpix would act differently

e2: can now confirm that vulpix triggers snow warning just as expected, same for ditto's impostor

Last edited:
I don’t have a Happiny to confirm this, but when you select the Oval Stone from your bag, it has the option to “Use this Item” like a regular evolutionary stone, and all my Pokemon, which didn’t include Happiny, have “UNABLE” written next to them in red. Could it be that you no longer level Happiny with the item, but rather you use the Oval Stone on it?

I don’t have a Happiny to confirm this, but when you select the Oval Stone from your bag, it has the option to “Use this Item” like a regular evolutionary stone, and all my Pokemon, which didn’t include Happiny, have “UNABLE” written next to them in red. Could it be that you no longer level Happiny with the item, but rather you use the Oval Stone on it?
It evolves by level-up while holding the Oval Stone during the day.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Happiny_(Pokémon)

1: Anyone knows if there's some progress in getting a pickup table for this gen? I'm assuming that you can really get destiny knots as low as lv 1-10, but is this chance present on higher levels? I don't want to overlevel my meowths and have to breed more.

2:It is true you need to defeat a pokemon in order to triggerr the pickup chance of the whole party, or just running away from wilds work?
1. I just caught 5 Meowths with Pickup and battled wild Pokemon with EXP Share off (so they don't gain EXP and evolve to Fur Coat Persian), took a while (20 minutes?) but one of the level 8 Meowths eventually picked up a Destiny Knot.

2. I'd say yes, mainly because none of my Meowths ever picked up anything if I ran away from battles.

1. I just caught 5 Meowths with Pickup and battled wild Pokemon with EXP Share off (so they don't gain EXP and evolve to Fur Coat Persian), took a while (20 minutes?) but one of the level 8 Meowths eventually picked up a Destiny Knot.

2. I'd say yes, mainly because none of my Meowths ever picked up anything if I ran away from battles.
I have found so far 2 leftovers, 2 balmmhushroom, 1 nugget, 3 moon stones and 4 beauty scales, but still not destiny knot.

Maybe its on the 1-10 bracket, but not into the 11-20 bracket, so I'll get more meowths and test again with the exp share off

Can Johto balls be passed down via eggs? A friend of mine claims she hatched a ton of eggs with a Moon Ball parent and none of the eggs had it.

So I'm at Mount Lanakila, and I'm surprisingly underleveled and have no trainers left to battle, are the Mount Lanakila wilds with Exp Share On my best hope for grinding 5 levels?

So I'm at Mount Lanakila, and I'm surprisingly underleveled and have no trainers left to battle, are the Mount Lanakila wilds with Exp Share On my best hope for grinding 5 levels?
You could try this process:
1. Spend all your money
2. Fight E4 from easiest to hardest
3. If you lose, go back to 1 and repeat
4. Eventually you will be strong enough to win

Is Knock Off or Crunch generally a better attack?

Basically do trainers start to have items on their mons later in the game ?

Is Knock Off or Crunch generally a better attack?

Basically do trainers start to have items on their mons later in the game ?
for in game purposes, Crunch is the way to go. Very few trainers use items and the most common item used (z crystals) can't be knocked off and give no power boost to knock off.

obviously the battle tree.battle royal is all items all the time

Another question - for people who have used the Magnemite line, did they prefer using Eviolite Magneton or Magnezone?

Not sure if the extra power Zone affords is worth losing all that bulk and a bit of speed.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Another question - for people who have used the Magnemite line, did they prefer using Eviolite Magneton or Magnezone?

Not sure if the extra power Zone affords is worth losing all that bulk and a bit of speed.
I didn't even grab Eviolite and Magneton worked great until evolving. Magnezone meanwhile outsped what it needed to.

I think further questions like this are better off in the in-game experience thread.

Just out of curiosity, is it possible to get more Beast Balls after catching the final Ultra Beast?
I believe so. If you have no beast balls in your bag (so you can give them to pokemon to hold) you can talk to looker for another ball. You can keep repeating that so long as you can put the balls elsewhere.

Looker never actually stops giving you beast balls even if Necrozma is caught and shown to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)