SPOILERS! Sun and Moon SQSA Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I want to chain Riolu for Battle Tree, but it knows Final Gambit. Will it still faint if it uses it on a ghost type?
According to Bulbapedia, it fails to work, but in case it does faint the user, you can always run Imprison + Final Gambit (Smeargle with False Swipe and a damaging move) to prevent Final Gambit from being executed at all :P

And talking about Smeargle... what is the best way to reliably Sketch moves this generation? Since wild double battles got the shaft...

And talking about Smeargle... what is the best way to reliably Sketch moves this generation? Since wild double battles got the shaft...
Luckily, when a smeargle learns a move by Sketch, the new move has full PP. So, find a wild Smeargle, teach it the move you want to learn, then switch to your Smeargle, and sketch the move the new Smeargle uses.

Final Gambit is an oddball, as it kills the user upon use. I don't know how to sketch it (was it even possible pre SM?)

According to Bulbapedia, it fails to work, but in case it does faint the user, you can always run Imprison + Final Gambit (Smeargle with False Swipe and a damaging move) to prevent Final Gambit from being executed at all :P

Another method would be to make a pokemon know only the move you need sketched and have a wild ditto transform in it then switch to smeargle and sketch the move.

Is AZ's Floette in the game data still? I just want to know if there's still a possibility of it being released.

Will Ditto chinese apply masuda method? I'm curious since I have 11 box full of popplios (with Shiny Charm).

For SOS chaining, can you leave the original Pokémon intact and just keep KOing each new pokemon that comes? I finally got a Skill Swap Reuniclus and I'm Hidden Ability hunting now so I'd really like to know.

For SOS chaining, can you leave the original Pokémon intact and just keep KOing each new pokemon that comes? I finally got a Skill Swap Reuniclus and I'm Hidden Ability hunting now so I'd really like to know.
As long as it doesn't run out of PP for its moves and start Struggling, you can leave the original alone and keep knocking out the new Pokemon to come to its aid. (you kind of have to for Mareanie since it only comes when Corsola rings the dinner bell calls for help)

I have noticed a few times the background for the evolution screen/egg hatch screen changing and the music changing to an instrumental remix of the evolution/egg theme. Why does this happen?

A friend of mine shockingly got a shiny flawless Ditto on Wonder Trade yesterday. Everything is fine and dandy... until we noticed it's at Level 100.

Does the IV judge tell you the Pokemon's original IVs or it will tell you that Hyper Trained stats are "Best"?

(He got a perfect Rowlet from it so it seems those IVs are genuinely perfect, though)

A friend of mine shockingly got a shiny flawless Ditto on Wonder Trade yesterday. Everything is fine and dandy... until we noticed it's at Level 100.

Does the IV judge tell you the Pokemon's original IVs or it will tell you that Hyper Trained stats are "Best"?

(He got a perfect Rowlet from it so it seems those IVs are genuinely perfect, though)
First off, that Ditto is, in all likelihood, hacked. Having said that, If a stat has been Hyper Trained then the judge will say "Hyper Trained!" instead of "Best" because hyper training is only superficial and doesn't actually change the IVs.

First off, I hope this friend of yours know that that Ditto is, in all likelihood, hacked. If a stat has been Hyper Training then the judge will say "Hyper Trained!" instead of "Best" because hyper training is only superficial and doesn't actually change the IVs.
Yeah, I've been suspecting that. Well, at least that answers my question :P

I guess he shouldn't use the Pokemon he bred with it online, right?

Yeah, I've been suspecting that. Well, at least that answers my question :P

I guess he shouldn't use the Pokemon he bred with it online, right?
I mean honestly if anyone has a 6IV ditto (and everyone has a 6IV ditto) that's not hacked I'd be extremely surprised

I mean honestly if anyone has a 6IV ditto (and everyone has a 6IV ditto) that's not hacked I'd be extremely surprised
Well, I guess there's a difference between a 6IV Ditto and a shiny 6IV Ditto with Pokerus that was somehow sent through Wonder Trade :P

And I was curious about how the Judge told about Hyper Trained stats BTW, to confirm whether it was the hacked Ditto he suspected or a bad IVd Hyper Trained Ditto.

We don't know, that's why we're asking in the first place.
Using the offsprings of that Ditto online, even if it is hacked, won't lead to any problems so you can rest easy about that. Feel free to use it however and how much you'd like if your moral compass is fine with it.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Why would this be an issue?
We don't know, that's why we're asking in the first place.
Using the offsprings of that Ditto online, even if it is hacked, won't lead to any problems so you can rest easy about that. Feel free to use it however and how much you'd like if your moral compass is fine with it.
Just going to put it out there that if you try and trade anything on Smogon (As in a Wifi Thread), while using a Potentially hacked Ditto as a parent, you can be Wifi Blacklisted from here. Even unknowingly using a hacked parent can sometimes be enough for a Wifi Blacklist. If you aren't going to be giving away mons/trading a lot on here, then don't worry about it.

TheMantyke Might be able to explain better than I can.

Rules are rules so understood. I just would like to know if there really is any notable difference about Pokemon bred with something like a hacked Ditto, the idea that such a thing can be noticed intrigues me.

Whether it's that or a matter of principle I accept the rules, though.

Plausible deniability my friend~ Me and my totally legit 6 IV ditto that I got via gts are laughing all the way to the bank! Innocently, of course.
Why would this be an issue?
Hi. Quoting you all for the sake of clarifying this all.

The dittos is hacked without a doubt unless you can trace the OT to someone who's caught a legitimate Ditto and is giving them away.

Do not use hacked Pokemon as parents. Hacked parents have led to innocent people getting into trouble from people using their offspring, most notably the famous Dream Ball Aegislash fiasco. We don't allow people to trade Pokemon generated through third party devices on Smogon or any Pokemon resulting from their existence. If we figure out you've been using hacked Pokemon as parents, you'll be wifi blacklisted.

To address Nighty's question, discussion on this sort of stuff simply isn't allowed on Smogon. Pretty much don't discuss hacked Pokemon unless you're explaining to someone why something is hacked.

I would only use Pokemon that you find on wonder trade for breeding that are obvious breeding spitbacks.

Tried to make everything as cut and dry as possible here. Hope I don't come off as an overly stern jerk, this is just reciting Smogon's decade old policies on this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)