Sun Offensive Trick Room Team

Hey guys, It's been a long time since I joined that forum, but recently I've been busy as hell: Dokidoki PreCure came out and I feel excited because of it, plus I'm finishing watching Smile PreCure and some other animu. School is killing me literally while irl friends are forcing me to go out, also tfw no gf.
Anyway, I'm back (for now). As some of you remember, two months ago I built a Trick Room team based on rain (http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3476834). So, here you go, its sun variant.

(Cresselia) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 192 SAtk / 52 SDef
Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Trick Room
When you think about a defensive Pokémon who could place the Trick Room, you'll instantly think about Deoxys-D. Sadly, that's not the case. Cresselia was my first choice because of its high HP stat, its defensive stat, its immunity to spikes, toxic spikes and ground attacks in general. The Trick room is most of the time granted if there's Cresselia alive. Moonlight's boost under the sun is mostly reliable as Chansey/Blissey's wish, restoring almost all her HP. Psychic and HP fighting are just for coverage, but I rarely use them, since I got better attackers here.

(Ninetales) (F) @ Fire Gem
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
- Dark Pulse
- SolarBeam
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Fire gem Ninetales might sound weird, since there are better Pokémon who abuse of that gem, but... Trying doesn't hurt for sure, since its STAB sun-boosted Fire blast deals loadsa damage to many treats who resist it. Solarbeam obviously takes down water, ground and rock Pokémon. HP ice mostly for flying types and dragons. Dark pulse is just a placeholder since I didn't see many moves in its movepool. But y'know, just in case I see Reuniclus, I know what to do.

(Jellicent) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 156 SAtk / 100 SDef
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam
When you think about TR setters, you always think about Porygon2 and Reuniclus, two powerful Trick room abusers. But sadly, none of those can take the power of water type attacks, and convert that in HP. So here comes Jellicent. It's the second setter in my team, since I didn't have better choices as water TR setters. Even though Scald/surf/hydro pump is always useful, I saved up for that. Unlike Cresselia, Jellicent is more like a bulky-implying Pokémon, even though I never use it in the offensive case, but Shadow ball, Energy ball and Ice beam are just to deal some damage, mostly to Gastrodon and Rotom-W. But usually those aren't a problem in a sun team. But you might never know.

(Sunflora) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Solar Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power
When you read the ability "Solar Power" you always think about Charizard, and unlike that stupid flower named Sunflora, he's the hero of the children, but its weakness to Stealth Rock and the inability to recover fast will cost his life. Carrying 508 of special attack under the sun, it reachs the levels of Mewtwo and Deoxys-A respectively. its very low speed will let move first unless cursespam Pokémon, Ferrothorn, Bronzong and Reuniclus are facing it inside the Trick room. Sludge bomb might see a weird attack at first, but Sunflora's movepool is meh, I didn't have better choices. Solarbeam stabbed and boosted from Solar Power might be scary, but since it loses 20% of its HP every turn, I prefer Giga Drain, so I don't have to lose a turn every time I need to cure it. HP fire is something wonderful when boosted by sun and its monstrous Sp. Attack stat. Plus I haven't got enough fire moves. Earth power lets me take down powerful treats like Heatran (if it hasn't got the air balloon), electric Pokémon and such. tbh I used Giga drain and HP fire mostly.

(Darmanitan) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- U-turn
Darmanitan might see a weird choice inside the Trick Room, but its potential is really dangerous. Boosting the most powerful fire move in the game, pretty much like Kyogre's water spout inside the rain. Flare blitz 1HKO many treats, but since Darmanitan's underated (pretty much like Sunflora), nobody could expect a huge Flare blitz coming right to their Pokémon. Rock Blast helps a lot against flying/Fire/Charizard/Volcarona. Superpower takes down Chansey and many other special walls in no time. U-turn's function is like an escape pod when the TR is almost over, so I can switch to Jellicent/Cresselia and activate it again.

(Dragonite) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
- Outrage
- ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
Like my previous rain team, Dragonite's function didn't change much. Since this one relies a lot on the TR as well, priority moves are a such, and a Cbanded Dragonite was the right choice. Well, nothing to say, ExtremeSpeed is used to take down "faster" treats than me, Outrage takes down many treats and of course, fire punch (I never use this tbh) and earthquake are for more overage.

Well, suggestions?
btw, sorry for my English, but I've been up all night because I was studying. When I'll come back I'll fix all my bad typos. :V

Dark pulse is a pretty bad move to use on ninetales. Sun boosted fire blast are going to do more than a super effective dark pulse and dark pulse has no significant coverage. I recommend changing dark pulse to sunny day. Sunny day can help you win weather wars against tyranitar and politoed and makes solar beam more reliable.

Flare blitz is not strongest move in game. V-create has much superior damage.
Volcarona is fire/bug, not fire/flying.
This team has no flow, I would recommend stronger pokemon and a better stall. Sun flora is not all that good of pokemon. I can easily see you are a shit player, any rain dance what fuck this team up. Good luck losing.

Dark pulse is a pretty bad move to use on ninetales. Sun boosted fire blast are going to do more than a super effective dark pulse and dark pulse has no significant coverage. I recommend changing dark pulse to sunny day. Sunny day can help you win weather wars against tyranitar and politoed and makes solar beam more reliable.
Uhm, alright then, I'll change it the next time I open PO.
Flare blitz is not strongest move in game. V-create has much superior damage.
Volcarona is fire/bug, not fire/flying.
This team has no flow, I would recommend stronger pokemon and a better stall. Sun flora is not all that good of pokemon. I can easily see you are a shit player, any rain dance what fuck this team up. Good luck losing.
Where did I say that Volcarona is fire/flying?
Though, you can't compare Victini to Darmanitan, they're quite different, and Darmanitan has much more attack than Victini, plus it has Sheer force. A Cbanded Darmanitan deals much more damage than a CBanded V-create from Victini under the sun.
If you're here to cause a shitstorm please go, your insults aren't helping nobody and you're just showing how ridicoulus you are.

Hey! I Liked your Team because I too have been thinking about making a Trick Room Sun Team. Unforutunately, While I really Like the concept I'm afraid to say that you need to make a lot of changes to make it work.

First of All, I think that you should change Cresselia's EV Spread and Moveset to something like this:

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spa
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Ice beam
- Trick Room

This way you have an answer Against Terrakion, Landorus and Garchomp, some three Pokemon who can give eevery Sun Team trouble and you still have a Trick Room Setter.

Next One is Jellicent. I think this is a more effective set:

EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spa
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Will-o-Wisp

The Reason I think this is a more effective moveset is, first of all, Recover greatly improves Jellicent's Survivavily, letting you set up multiple trick Rooms while Will-O-Wisp Burns any Tyranitar and Scizor trying to Pursuit trap you.

Now, I really want you to reconsider switching Darmanitan for Victini because not only you get a third Trick Room Setter, but you can abuse V-Create to the fullest.

(Victini) (M) @ Flame Plate
Trait: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
- Trick Room
- V-Create
- Fusion Bolt
- V-Create

This is the first time I rate a Team, But I hope I can be of help...Oh and Also, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who likes Precure in this forum n_n

Hey! I Liked your Team because I too have been thinking about making a Trick Room Sun Team. Unforutunately, While I really Like the concept I'm afraid to say that you need to make a lot of changes to make it work.

First of All, I think that you should change Cresselia's EV Spread and Moveset to something like this:

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spa
- Moonlight
- Psychic
- Ice beam
- Trick Room

This way you have an answer Against Terrakion, Landorus and Garchomp, some three Pokemon who can give eevery Sun Team trouble and you still have a Trick Room Setter.

Next One is Jellicent. I think this is a more effective set:

EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spa
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Will-o-Wisp

The Reason I think this is a more effective moveset is, first of all, Recover greatly improves Jellicent's Survivavily, letting you set up multiple trick Rooms while Will-O-Wisp Burns any Tyranitar and Scizor trying to Pursuit trap you.

Now, I really want you to reconsider switching Darmanitan for Victini because not only you get a third Trick Room Setter, but you can abuse V-Create to the fullest.

- Trick Room
- V-Create
- Fusion Bolt
- V-Create

This is the first time I rate a Team, But I hope I can be of help...Oh and Also, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who likes Precure in this forum n_n
The principal problem of sun TR teams is that there aren't many strong sun-abusers fire types, the only Pokémon that have chances are Torkoal and Sunflora. Anyway, I'll test those when I come back from school, I'll let you know if they work properly (even though you didn't mention the 4th move for Victini). Jellicent's Will-o-wisp seems a bit turn-wasting since I need to attack and nothing else inside the Trick Room, but I'll give it a try.
Also, thanks ahah, I watched almost every season of PreCure (the first one I watched was Max heart, plus my country is of the lucky ones that is getting the series dubbed officially)

Oh! Sorry about the mistake >.<

- Trick Room
- V-Create
- Fusion Bolt
- Brick Break/U-Turn

Like I said before, under Trick Room Victini can take Full advantage of V-Create's Insane Power under the Sun since the Speed Drops only made him "Faster" Fusion Bolt is for coverage against Water Types but you don't really need it since V-Create does massive Damage even when resisted. Now for the Fourth move I still haven't decided between U-Turn and Brick Break.Brick Break helps you against Heatran and Tyranitar while you can use U-Turn the same ay you did it with Darmanitan.

And, as a Bonus...Let me suggest you another Pokemon who I think can take Advantage of Trick Room...

(Trapinch) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Arena Trap
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Def / 44 SpD
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Superpower

Ttrapinch fulfills a role simmilar to Dugtrio by Trapping Tyranitar, Heatran and some other Threats to your Team...Unfourtunately, Trapinch's Defenses are...Well...Horrible so I really Doubt yu can switch him in succesfully...But I guess it's worth a Try...Maybe...

Also, You can check out my "Sunny Fire" Team if you want some Ideas for a Sun Team: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4622618

Good Luck with Your Team, I'll be checking it to see if I can help you

Your team has no real way to setup entry hazards. That is why I recommend camerupt. Camerupt gets a boost from the sun, has high special attack and low speed making in an excellent candidate for your team. I recommend swapping Darmanitan for it.

Camerupt @ Leftovers
Trait: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Calm Nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Earth Power
- Roar

If you're using Victini I recommend going with Life Orb as you want to hit as hard as possible, you should also use Bolt Strike instead of Fusion Bolt. Also it's a bad idea to have all your Pokemon really slow since Trick Room is not always going to be up and you could easily be swept by something like Choice Band T-tar. So I recommend changing Dragonite to Adamant with max speed EV's and IV's and do the same with Ninetales not max speed EV's but enough where you can outspeed things like Tyranitar and Politoed.

Seems too reliant on Sun to me. If you can't set Trick Room or get your sun down for some reason, aggressive Ground/Rock Pokemon like Terrakion, Landorus and Garchomp are be able to do a lot of damage to this team. So in general, I think it's either a bit hard to use both of those strategies in one team, while being able to stand ground against the usual threats in the metagame. But if you manage to pull it off correctly, you have a fun team. I made my Trick Room team myself and plan to post it soon. It's really entertaining to see the opponent not knowing what to do.

Alice

The worst taste in music
A friend of mine used a similar team, and Victini is definitely better than darmanitan, not only as a third TR setup-er, but also because v-create speed falls do help him under TR.

Also you may consider Lunar dance on cresselia; not only it is like an encore for V-create spamming, but also helps bringing the tini safe to wreck havoc.

I guess nite is fine being brave + hp, but tales should definitely invest in speed; you need something to prevent cbscizor spam uturn like there's no tomorrow...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)