Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

In just a few hours we're almost certainly going to get a blockbuster character reveal. It feels like Christmas Eve. The anticipation is to die for. I can't wait for the internet to shit itself with the reveal of Ridley / Mewtwo / Pac Man / Shadow / Some other character that would make everyone go nuts.
Part of me is hyped to see who it's gonna be. Another part of me has no idea what would match Megaman in both surprise and satisfaction. Unless they put in Sora or something, but that's never going to happen.

At this point I don't care what they reveal unless it's Ganondorf/Falcon. Thats all that matters to me any more. Follow it up with F-Zero GX HD reveal or something. Make my life, nintendo

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Oh man this pic (these pics?) of the day is (are?) awesome! Collect 100 coins to turn into a gold fighter?! WITH BOOSTED STATS?!?!?!

It appears to be that every stage that isn't a series staple like FD is most likely version exclusive, and all stage aesthetics are exclusive I think??

Pic of the day. New Super Mario Bros. 2 is a game where you collect tons of coins. Thus, it's only natural that many coins will appear in this stage… Wait, is this really Super Smash Bros??

If you collect 100 coins, you transform into a gold fighter! For a short period of time, your attack power will increase and you won't flinch when you receive attacks. This unique stage's name is Golden Plains and it's exclusive to the 3DS version.

Last edited by a moderator:
Palutena was missing the starman on her belt that was present on the "leak".

Might just mean her character model was changed, might mean it was fake and the leaker just had a (predictable) lucky guess, but we'll never know.

I was really dreading Miis making it into the game, but honestly they look like a great addition with the variety of movesets they have. I can't wait for someone to do a frame-by-frame of the game modes Sakurai showed, there looked like there was a lot of interesting stuff crammed into that clip.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was only wrong on timing > : D

But still calling a reveal after tournament, maybe even third party.

"Oh, you wanted a big trailer with a bunch of characters like last year? Too bad, here's something that a lot of you were afraid of and another that's not even remotely surprising."

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
"Oh, you wanted a big trailer with a bunch of characters like last year? Too bad, here's something that a lot of you were afraid of and another that's not even remotely surprising."

Mii is three characters in and of itself, and unlike the regular smash characters they seem to have very different custom specials as opposed to variations. Yeah we all saw Mii coming but the choice of three styles is really cool.

if I understood correctly, each mii type has 12 different attacks (3 different choices for all 4 specials), meaning that it's 3^5 = 243 different combinations to choose from.

Mii is three characters in and of itself, and unlike the regular smash characters they seem to have very different custom specials as opposed to variations. Yeah we all saw Mii coming but the choice of three styles is really cool.

I still really don't like what they did with the Miis. It still looks like their normal moves are custom, and their specials look really generic and uninteresting to me.

if I understood correctly, each mii type has 12 different attacks (3 different choices for all 4 specials), meaning that it's 3^5 = 243 different combinations to choose from.
No, it's 3^4 and it's 36, as Sakurai said in the video.

No, it's 3^4 and it's 36, as Sakurai said in the video.
I just rewatched it, Sakurai said each type can choose 4 special moves from 12 options for a total of 36 special moves (3 classes, 12 moves each). Since you can presumably mix and match from each directional special, that's 81 different combinations for each class.

I feel like that inclusion of variety makes the Miis feel far more unique and personalized, which is kind of the entire point of them in the first place. Each individual special might not be particularly exciting, but the variety is what makes them particularly unique and potentially a great inclusion to the roster.

"oh look Palutena, nice"
"wow she has some good moves"
-black hole-
other than kokonoe PTSD this reveal was good, adding those squid things to my short character wishlist

Personally, I think that the Mii's are kinda cool. They don't have some random moveset using dumb objects or something like I thought they would, and the class like system is pretty cool. They really are going all out this time around.

The annual roundtable is going to focus entirely on Smash this year, and is going to start any minute.

There's no stream, but you can find a live blog here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)