Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Stratos

Banned deucer.
You call yourself a Magnus fanboy and, in the same breath, compare him to Malkovich?
just in terms of how ridiculous it would be to expect them in smash (the long-ass-shot third party metroid rep i am personally still rooting for is Rundas)

just in terms of how ridiculous it would be to expect them in smash (the long-ass-shot third party metroid rep i am personally still rooting for is Rundas)
We can only dream

edit: they kinda teasted Game and Watch in the Pacman trailer. He better be back.
In fact there's still a fair few characters from the last game yet to even be referred to...

Last edited:
We can only dream

edit: they kinda teasted Game and Watch in the Pacman trailer. He better be back.
In fact there's still a fair few characters from the last game yet to even be referred to...
when they were showing the amiibo or whatever it showed the game and watch symbol, I think it's safe to say that the bignosed awesomeness is: CONFIRMED!

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
What the damn hell is this? I go to sleep and they randomly announce Pacman like 10 hours after the Nintendo conference @_@

He looks okay, and hopefully the end of that trailer does highlight a new design for Game & Watch (even though I much prefer is more blocky appearance) and that he returns too. Its strange that they've announced Pacman but didn't say anything about G&W? Has that happened? Every other character that appears in a trailer has been announced...

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
During the off-screen Q&A with Sakurai (where Pac Man was confirmed), G&W was shown as a veteran fighter who returned and starred in a fight. Unfortunately, no photos could be taken during this time. The "teaser" at the end of the trailer is just confirmation at this point.

During the off-screen Q&A with Sakurai (where Pac Man was confirmed), G&W was shown as a veteran fighter who returned and starred in a fight. Unfortunately, no photos could be taken during this time. The "teaser" at the end of the trailer is just confirmation at this point.
That's nice to know. Though I never really doubted his return.

So that brings the known roster to... 34. How many do you think there'll be? Brawl had 39, so I expect it'll be at least a little more than that. There's also bound to be at least 1 or 2 more newcomers, and there's still 14 Brawl (or earlier) characters yet to be confirmed.

Personally I'm guessing there'll be about 45, with 1-3 more newcomers and about ten more veterans.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was rooting for Dark Samus or Anthony Higgs.

I've hoped for this moment for years. All in all, any of the hunters would be amazing additions. I'd prefer sylux to rundas, though. The one issue is that they're just not widespread enough across the universe. This problem could be solved by THERE BEING MORE METROID GAMES

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Definitely gonna check out Bowser as a a main after seeing some of the matches. Bowser Bomb seems to have a LOT bigger area upon impact, Fire Breath is now insanely large, at least on startup, and it looks like Koopa Claw and its resulting grab and body slam also have a much larger area of effect and knockback.

Bowser's weakness was always that he was a big target with some range problems. It now appears he's got more range on his fire breath, and if you can't zone him out effectively, he's going to punish quickly and be able to knock most characters out at fairly low %s.

Welp,no Shadow or Silver for me.

I'm quite surprised at the inclusion of the Mii here,since the only people I know outside of Smogon that wanted the Mii in are those 5-6 year little kids.

Pac-Man seemed like an obvious decision to put into the game,with the lack of 3rd-party characters and all.

Also quite happy about Palutena making it,since the Kid Icarus series needs more love these days(based on personal experience).

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Something fun I found.

Smash at least does know how to treat characters right

We can't always say the same for the companies that make them

Reactions: Spy

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
No, Namco treats Pacman more like a pimp treats an old drug withered prostitute, whoring her out night after night trying to stretch her marquee value as thin as possible, even as he killed off all female characters who could make it to 30 to replace them with underage girls (this is a Soul Calibur reference now).

This is a crappy picture, but

Pic of the day, and a surprise announcement. A milestone of video-game history--PAC-MAN joins the battle! He's even older than Mario!!

(The Comment)
How does he fight? Check out the Super Smash Bros. official website for more details. (www.smashbros.com)

Last edited by a moderator:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If based on the demo character roster I am thinking the game has to have 49 playable characters, five rows of ten, then random.

Here is the e3 roster and my rough prediction

(ignore toon link highlighted I forgot oh well)

The orientation by series is horizontal this time which is quite helpful, nine per row wasn't enough to fit all veterans , and I doubt we will go past 5 rows. With ten we know a Mario/DK/Wario rep is happening to be unlocked. This also makes me believe we won't get another FE rep. Post-pokemon gets hazy but I'm relatively sure that last line will be retro/one-off/third-party. The only thing that makes me hesitant is that there aren't as many new unlocks (not that brawl didn't have many either).

Last edited:

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
At Dedham Best Buy. Crowd is massive. Looking forward to my 2 mins. Gonna FFA Bowser for maximum fun.

Stratos

Banned deucer.
About 300 ppl in my best buy. Talked to the guys who got here first, they left at 11:00 and drove for 1.5 hrs.

At Dedham Best Buy. Crowd is massive. Looking forward to my 2 mins. Gonna FFA Bowser for maximum fun.
About 300 ppl in my best buy. Talked to the guys who got here first, they left at 11:00 and drove for 1.5 hrs.
In Atlanta, showed up late and there's easily 400 people here wrapped around the store

Edit: official count is around 220, shows what I know. We're doing 2 2-minute FFA matches each.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)