Format Discussion Super Staff Bros 4 Discussion Thread

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
honestly, you should really make it so every team has at least one hazard remover, as webs are absolutely busted in almost every situation
SSB team generation is very shallow, as it only rejects pokemon once the team has 3 weaknesses in a certain type, and the rejected pokemon also has a weakness to it as well. Trying to get as inclusive of a format where everyone appears close to the same amount is a higher priority than better team generation. So yeah, so times you get bad RNG and get curb stomped, it just happens. If you want better team generation play something else lol.

I'm just playing, trying to get the quote for Kaiju Bunny, enjoying the game. So I do this one battle, and then realize at the end that it was Instruct and I'm just like thinking "oh wow thats cool. like really cool."
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8superstaffbros4-1309824806 if ya want
But from what little experience I have in this format, I am a bit confused what it means by "vaguely competitively viable moves". Do we perhaps have a list of the moves it accepts?

But from what little experience I have in this format, I am a bit confused what it means by "vaguely competitively viable moves". Do we perhaps have a list of the moves it accepts?
I don't know for sure, but I would assume a random move which isn't in the 'usually useless moves' section of the teambuilder

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
At a high level, what's different about Wii U? Is it just a more thorough teambuilder, or are the sets changed and less random?

And more importantly, does it contain an unnerfed Talonflame set?

Last edited:

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)