Suspect SV AAA Suspect #9: Triage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screenshot 2024-01-07 at 11.22.39 AM.png
Funny gouging fire stall team i used (sorry its not regen registeel).
- :gouging fire: :deoxys-defense: :skarmory: :clodsire: :great tusk: :empoleon: -
Not entirely optimal but Clodsire Skarm Tusk + spdef steel feels pretty good basis for a stall team if you were gonna make a more real one.
The Skarm should be defense but i accidentally did the run with spdef.

Here is an actually pretty good team ive been using lately (the last slot is pretty interchangeable)

As for triage, i mean cant ban belly drum shrug. All other use cases are fine or dare i say healthy.
Enamorus-T can be kinda cheap though (though i think it can pull off similar things without triage).
Sad to see it go but this day was coming and im at a bit of a crossroads between liking it and also recognizing the downsides, probably ban vote
Funny thing is between both deo forms being added theres a lot of counterplay to triage rn but thats not always gonna be the case for future developments

1704826162057.png
:great tusk: :corviknight: :swampert: :gholdengo: :hydreigon: :azelf:

started out with some SFLO roaring moon + psychic spam HO but then missed dragon rush three times in a row so switched to the fairly standard team above for the rest of the run. as LordBox said, dragon's maw dreigon is a massive nuke.

triage is nowhere near broken right now, but still uncompetitive and fishy especially alongside belly drum, which pretty much either does nothing or auto wins. yes psysurge and unaware are great, but they shouldn't have to be necessary. it's not a massively warping force, but I think its absence only stands to benefit the meta and doesn't have much chance of hurting it (unless it permanently unleashes magearna). likely voting ban.

Last edited:
Screenshot (123).png

First time actually completing a suspect test, so lemme know if im doing anything wrong here. I had a blast laddering this though.

This is the team i used for most of the games https://pokepast.es/b29f7c1300b95570
It definitely has its problems, especially hazards, but overall it performed pretty well, and yes the Incineroar set is insane thank you for noticing.

For now i think I'm leaning towards ban, Triage doesn't inherently break the format in my opinion but i think overall that its unhealthy for the meta, its pretty restrictive in teambuilding and with the large variety of mons that can use it there's no real catch all solution to counter it. my vote definitely isnt set in stone though and I'll take everyone elses opinions on it into consideration when its time to vote.

DuGuo

Just say love me.
is a Tiering Contributor
`74G8%IU{G1}~SLHAXR@JAB.png

The time when i missed twice to a Bright Powder Necrozma but anyway i got it disposable.
Don't really be annoyed by Triage but i must recognize that this really has influence and competitiveness on the meta and restrict our click and team building. So even though I'm not quite sure yet, i will vote ban.
Btw i stole teams from this post to finish it thanks.

LordBox

you should love yourself... NOW!
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
1705059220402.png

Bit late around because I am in NDAAA cycle and will be back to SVAAA once I've run out of ideas to fiddle around with in NDAAA. Stole a bunch of teams from the suspect thread and also a team I made with pannu because I was too lazy. Run was smooth until the last three games where I got dunked on by two crits in a row, a twave miss, 5 full paras in a row and no Scald burns despite clicking it into Manaphy 10 times and then suffering proceeded.

Personally I will be voting Ban on entry hazards and Unban on Iron Valiant.

Last edited:

Blitz

Mightiest of Cleaves
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Discord Leader
1705207001981.png

:pecharunt::swampert::chien-pao::great-tusk::enamorus-therian::latios:

Wanted to build around the newly released Pecharunt, and Corrosion was rly cool to play around w/ breakers that appreciated bulky Steels being weakened. Just don't face offensive Fire-types...

FUCK Triage. I will not elaborate further.

I refute this suspect test. triage ain't even that bad. there are so, so many counters to it. if aeraliate espeed dragonite can exist. so should triage. Don't ban it. it's not a good precedent. and there are so very many counters to it. primordial sea, which a lot of mons who like rain/ are water types use anyways, dazzling, pretty easy to get dazzling. well baked body, there are a lot of mons who use that or flash fire. even just mons that resist fire type, like dragon types, or any water type, means bitter blade is pretty well countered. also there are mons with just high defense. when paired with fire resistance, means ceruledge can't do much. especially if they also can outspeed. which even if they cannot at first, they will if they run speed boost. like garganacl. also hazards. hazards are run so very much, and they can completely harm ceruledge a lot if you don't run a hazard remover.

View attachment 592089
:pecharunt::swampert::chien-pao::great-tusk::enamorus-therian::latios:

Wanted to build around the newly released Pecharunt, and Corrosion was rly cool to play around w/ breakers that appreciated bulky Steels being weakened. Just don't face offensive Fire-types...

FUCK Triage. I will not elaborate further.
just run primordial sea, or dazzling, or a fire immunity ability, or ceruledge's MANY OTHER Counters. swampert with sap sipper is kinda weird IMO. like yeah you get no weaknesses. but then people will just run neutral moves. not the hardest to do. and it's pretty predictable.

Do not ban triage.

Wanted to use Regenvest Iron Crown and laddered 85% with this team https://pokepast.es/3ffe3b2151e334ac which is an okay balance but struggles hardcore versus adapt Garchomp with Draco/Eq/Fire Blast. I tilted pretty hard around 18-2 and eventually I gave up using this team and used https://pokepast.es/1defbfa00636df7a, which is basically dragon spams (4 dragons, MB Gouging Fire, Adapt Latios, Dmaw Wake, Sor Scarf Roaring Moon, with a small defensive core of Swampert + Corviknight.

Dunno what I will vote, on one hand hate how fishy it is but as TL of OM I am honestly hardpressed to say that it is broken and deserving of a ban.
it's not that broken. tbh pretty sure your og team would've worked with well baked body or something. maybe gholdengo with it. idk, both ground types or fire types will be common, either way.

I will vote for the ban. It is not an impossible ability to beat, the problem is that from now on it will be used a lot and I have already seen that it is not so easy to beat if you don't have the right countermeasures.
pretty sure a dark type move with stab, so long as no focus sash, would OHKO ceruledge. or even a ghost or water move. depends on the move tho.

(edit: sorry my bad, new to this site isiah. just don't want triage to be banned, as it's the one thing ceruledge really has in this meta, and triage ain't even that big of a threat, from what I've seen.)

Last edited:

spidget

formerly Lifeismyth
is a Top Tiering Contributor
1705286548308.png

Probably couldve forfeited the last 2 or 3 instead of just the last one but whatever
I thought this was gonna be my 30th suspect, but a couple days ago I realized I've actually been miscounting my suspects and I was already at 31, which took away any emotional catharsis from getting top TC. So I'm just gonna pretend this is my 30th suspect and you all should too, yippee! woohoo! top tc! please clap
voting ban on triage free hariyama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)