Resource SV OU Bazaar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double Koraidon Protosynthesis + Fire Spam

https://pokepast.es/1569e8f336a8863b
(Don't mind the title this is part of a challenge I'm doing which is making a team each week with certain cores.)

This team has helped me climb ladders super easily (up until about 1400 where it got somewhat harder). I love using this team because if I lose one Koraidon and I have no more sun, I simply switch to the second one.

Team Roles

The first Koraidon you should send out should be the scarf one, since scarf Koraidon basically outspeeds everything, such as scarf Cyclizar. It also acts as an early game killer, and I have sometimes found it sweeping entire teams. Both Koraidon have the same movesets, they just have different items. Collision Course is Koraidons powerful signature move that deals more damage when it's super effective, so obviously you want to utilize that against Chien-Pao or Ting-Lu. Flare Blitz helps cover Gholdengo and other steel, ice or grass types such as Chien-Pao when Collision Course is unavailable (because of Choice Scarf). Dragon Claw helps against Dragonite, Dragapult and Cyclizar, and U-Turn is good for immediate pivot.

The second Koraidon has a Life Orb (just because I didn't want two choiced Koraidon on one team). This Koraidon is mainly used for switching in and using U-Turn or just immediately switching out when you need more sun. If the other Koraidon is dead, make sure this one doesn't faint (unless you really need to sacrifice it).

Flutter Mane is definitely the best paradox form (in my opinion), so obviously I wanted to use it on this team. With base 135 Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed, this thing is clearly meant to be a fast attacker, and with Protosynthesis and not one, but two Koraidon, this thing can be a monster.

Great Tusk has a lot of Physical Attack, and with the Protosynthesis Attack boost, this thing can OHKO almost anything (trust me). Great Tusk is really good on sun teams with Torkoal and other stuff, so obviously this isn't any different.

Roaring Moon started off as a leftovers guy, but then fairy types became a problem and someone recommended Focus Sash, and boy it worked so well. Being able to Dragon Dance on fairy types without dying and then killing them afterwards feels so good, especially with Roaring Moon. However the moveset can't really OHKO fairy types which makes me sad. Not only does it have Dragon Dance, but Protosynthesis Attack, making it a monster on the field.

Skeledirge is only here because I didn't want to use any of the other paradox forms. I never used Slither Wing, I'm not good at using Scream Tail, and Brute Bonnet is too bad. So Throat Sprat Skeledirge was my replacement. This thing gets an immediate +2 from Torch Song, and under sun it gets boosted too.

And that's all. Feel free to change tera types or give me feedback on what to change, how good or bad the team is and whatnot.

Enjoy the team!

(Don't mind the title this is part of a challenge I'm doing which is making a team each week with certain cores.)

This team has helped me climb ladders super easily (up until about 1400 where it got somewhat harder). I love using this team because if I lose one Koraidon and I have no more sun, I simply switch to the second one.

Team Roles

The first Koraidon you should send out should be the scarf one, since scarf Koraidon basically outspeeds everything, such as scarf Cyclizar. It also acts as an early game killer, and I have sometimes found it sweeping entire teams. Both Koraidon have the same movesets, they just have different items. Collision Course is Koraidons powerful signature move that deals more damage when it's super effective, so obviously you want to utilize that against Chien-Pao or Ting-Lu. Flare Blitz helps cover Gholdengo and other steel, ice or grass types such as Chien-Pao when Collision Course is unavailable (because of Choice Scarf). Dragon Claw helps against Dragonite, Dragapult and Cyclizar, and U-Turn is good for immediate pivot.

The second Koraidon has a Life Orb (just because I didn't want two choiced Koraidon on one team). This Koraidon is mainly used for switching in and using U-Turn or just immediately switching out when you need more sun. If the other Koraidon is dead, make sure this one doesn't faint (unless you really need to sacrifice it).

Flutter Mane is definitely the best paradox form (in my opinion), so obviously I wanted to use it on this team. With base 135 Special Attack, Special Defense and Speed, this thing is clearly meant to be a fast attacker, and with Protosynthesis and not one, but two Koraidon, this thing can be a monster.

Great Tusk has a lot of Physical Attack, and with the Protosynthesis Attack boost, this thing can OHKO almost anything (trust me). Great Tusk is really good on sun teams with Torkoal and other stuff, so obviously this isn't any different.

Roaring Moon started off as a leftovers guy, but then fairy types became a problem and someone recommended Focus Sash, and boy it worked so well. Being able to Dragon Dance on fairy types without dying and then killing them afterwards feels so good, especially with Roaring Moon. However the moveset can't really OHKO fairy types which makes me sad. Not only does it have Dragon Dance, but Protosynthesis Attack, making it a monster on the field.

Skeledirge is only here because I didn't want to use any of the other paradox forms. I never used Slither Wing, I'm not good at using Scream Tail, and Brute Bonnet is too bad. So Throat Sprat Skeledirge was my replacement. This thing gets an immediate +2 from Torch Song, and under sun it gets boosted too.

And that's all. Feel free to change tera types or give me feedback on what to change, how good or bad the team is and whatnot.

Enjoy the team!
I think you got the wrong thread homie.

https://pokepast.es/10a541fa00d85f0c

This is a team I built a few weeks ago and is one of the best running around in the current meta imo. Decided to post it now because there's about to be big changes to the tier and it's been passed around so much already. It's peaked #1 multiple times and is all around extremely solid. Not much to explain about it, you Tera Garg 95/100 times, except for vs teams with the broken ostrich or azu. Mental Herb is a pretty good option on Pex as well to ease certain matchups like Annihilape and avoid Black Sludge damage if you Tera. Black Sludge is still pretty good especially in a ladder setting where you'll play a ton of trick Gholdengo, Valiant, Rotom etc. Speed on the walls is for Hatterene.

https://pokepast.es/f5e3a2ef699d6c23
:masquerain: :glimmora: :gholdengo: :meowscarada: :iron valiant: :toedscruel:

Team Hazard Stack
:glimmora:
-Physical wall Glimora to be able to always be stacked toxic spikes, spyki shield will make it able to mitigate the maximum damage and make the toxic spikes cause more damage. gholdengo having the best ability not only in the game but also the best ability for this composition in addition to being a ghost type which makes rapid spiners impossible.
:meowscarada:
-Meowscarada being a very strong pokemon in this one due to the fact that it easily hits bulky ground types that cause a lot of glimora problems because of its typing that takes 4x super effective from ground like (Great tusk, iron thread, garchomp, clodsire)
:masquerain:
-Masquerain being a very ultility stick weber support, whilrwind being a good move to use if you have already set up toxic spikes, if you haven't set up toxic spikes whirlwind is still interesting to prevent sweepers from setting up in front of masquerain, air slash to cause damage before masquerain dies in addition to a 30% chance to flint which increases the possibility of you causing more damage to the target before dying
:iron valiant:
-Iron valiant being an almost unstoppable sweeper after setting all hazzard (mainly stick web) and calm mind set, aure sphere and moonblast being its most powerful stabs being able to take down walls with its calm mind very easily. psyshock, thunderbolt, shadow ball are player choice (Psyshock) If you want to hit walls more easily when sweeping, use psyshock (Thunderbolt) corvinigth bugging you, preventing your swipe or spamming u-turn on you? Thunderbolt is your ally for this problem (Shadow ball)
:gholdengo:
-Gholdengo has been one of the most used pokemons in OU being top 1 in usage, shadow will help you against him.
:toedscruel:
-Toedscruel being the team's hazard remover, with its ground grass typing, in addition to resisting physical damage of the same type, it is a good entry for gholdengo that can cause problems for this composition.

Português

https://pokepast.es/f5e3a2ef699d6c23
:masquerain: :glimmora: :gholdengo: :meowscarada: :iron valiant: :toedscruel:
Time hazard stack OU

:glimora:
-Glimmora wall física para poder estar sempre stackado os toxic spikes, protect fara com que ela possa mitigar o maximo de dano e fazer com que o toxic de toxic spikes causem mais dano.
:gholdengo:
-Gholdengo tendo a melhor habilidade não só do jogo mais tam bem a melhor habilidade para esta composição além de ser do tipo ghost oque impossibilita rapid spiners.
:meowscarada:
-Meowscarada sendo um pokemon muito forte neste pelo fato de que ela bate facilmente em ground types bulkys que causam bastante problema glimmora por conta de sua tipagem que leva 4x super efetivo de ground como (Great tusk, iron thread, garchomp,clodsire)
:masquerain:
Masquerain sendo um suporte stick weber bem ultility, whilrwind sendo um bom move para se utilizar caso ja tenha colocado toxic spikes, caso não tenha posto toxic spikes whirlwind continua sendo interessante para evitar com que sweepers possam setupar na frente de masquerain, air slash para causar dano antes de masquerain morrer alem de 30% de chance de dar flint oque aumenta a possibilidade de vc causar mais dano no alvo antes de morrer
:iron valiant:
-Iron Valiant sendo sweeper quase imparável pós settar todos hazzard (principalmente stick web) e calm mind setado, aure sphere e moonblast sendo seus stabs mais poderosos podendo derrubar walls com seu calm mind com mt facilidade. psyshock,thunderbolt,shadow ball ficam a escolha do jogador

(Psyshock) Caso queira acertar walls com mais facilidade quando estiver em um sweep use psyshock

(Thunderbolt) corvinigth enchendo saco, impedindo seu swipe ou spamando u-turn em você? Thunderbolt é seu aliado para este problema

(Shadow ball) gholdengo é uns dos pokemons mais ultilizados em OU sendo top 1 na usage, shadow ball ira lhe ajudar contra ele.
:toedscruel:
-Toedscruel sendo o removedor de hazard do time, com sua tipagem ground grass, além de resistir a danos físicos do mesmo tipo e uma boa entrada para gholdengo que pode causar problemas a essa composição

Last edited:
Team I made to beat Chi-Yu and is surprisingly good at doing everything else other than beating Chi-Yu
https://pokepast.es/4e40d19eb9f0e548
:roaring moon::ceruledge::scizor::espathra::grimmsnarl::iron treads:

Roaring Moon was the starting point of this team. I wanted to try out an acrobatics set since scale shot wasn't working on my previous team, and it worked surprisingly well IMO. If I need to I can tera flying and pick up 1 or 2 kills with a boosted acrobatics against something like Great Tusk
Ceruledge was originally tera fairy, then I realised that does not beat Chi-Yu and switched to Close Combat. It can switch in on a fire type move (since no way they'll dark pulse scizor) and kill it with CC. If it is choiced it will be forced out, and if it is not choiced it will trigger the sash on ledge and still die (or switch out).
Scizor was placed on the team to bait Chi-Yu, and deals a lot of damage with bullet punch. It can beat Chien-Pao and do a lot to dragonite, or clean up a game if needed.
Espathra is my win-condition. I can set up screens with Grimmsnarl, and use the added bulk to live long enough to sweep. This won me the game most of the time I use this team, and could even switch in to a +6 defence Garganacl (if screens are up) and beat it.
Grimmsnarl sets up screens to help with Espathra and Roaring Moon set up, I think that's literally it lmao
Iron Treads could rapid spin hazards (because 2 layers of toxic spikes is bad for Espathra) and set up stealth rocks on the opposing side, while being a decent lead some of the time. (I'm going to be honest I was originally going to replace this, but every time I did so I just lost immediately, so if anything it's emotional support I guess)

Weaknesses:
If the opponent sets up sticky web, Iron Treads will boost attack instead of speed, and that could end up with Treads unable to spin before dying, and also hampers all the other pokemon on my team (except grimmsnarl)
Toxic on Espathra
Dondozo (I HATE DONDOZO)
Cinderace court change if screens are up

Seeing as Ape is likely on the chopping block, I'll drop this team here that I've been messing with the past week.
https://pokepast.es/06ba013a7e41aaf1
:pelipper: :iron-jugulis: :floatzel: :scizor: :great-tusk: :annihilape:

This was mostly built around Taunt Jugulis as a fast taunter that makes good use of rain. Tera Water allows it to flip some match-ups, while Pump also hits hard and can blast through things that would otherwise check it like Garg or Chi-Yu.
Pelipper and Floatzel are the typical rain duo, although you could use the fish too I guess.
AV Scizor provides a check to numerous special hitters like Gholdengho and Valiant. Some priority never hurts either.
Tusk is your standard physdef check for whatever/whenever you don't want to switch in Peli. He also provides both SR and Spin for great compression.
Annihilape checks some miscellaneous things like Gambit, but is mostly just a win con on its own that benefits from Floatzel breaking things apart. Since I already have a fast Taunter in Jugulis I could go for the bulkier RestoChesto set which works a lot better against all these offence teams.

Once Ape gets banned I'll likely replace it with either: Pawmot to play more risky with Pelipper and Floatzel, or one of Iron Hands/Kingambit who can carry games themselves.

Cinderace + Chien-Pao Bulky Offence

1673045803869.png
1673045689718.png
1673045700855.png
1673045711149.png
1673045720439.png
1673045743907.png

(click here for team)

Here's a team I made around the potent attacking core of cinderace and chien-pao. I've had decent success with it, breaking onto the SV OU ladder for the first time and peaking at 1700+. The aim of the team is to apply pressure and rack up damage through ace and pao + hazards, with scarf valiant in the back for sweeping late game. Valiant is an excellent sweeper, and it takes many people off guard who don't expect scarf. The defensive core of ting-lu + rotom-w + amoonguss is also really strong and checks the majority of the meta.

The team has no defog or rapid spin, so the hazard control duties are left to Cinderace. Court change is easy to use with the amount of switches cinderace forces, and it's presence alone is often enough to deter players from trying to hazard stack.

Enjoy the team :)​

Team Roles

Enjoy the team!

This is the SV OU Bazaar Thread, Not AG

Cinderace + Chien-Pao Bulky Offence

View attachment 481458View attachment 481453View attachment 481454View attachment 481455View attachment 481456View attachment 481457
(click here for team)

Here's a team I made around the potent attacking core of cinderace and chien-pao. I've had decent success with it, breaking onto the SV OU ladder for the first time and peaking at 1700+. The aim of the team is to apply pressure and rack up damage through ace and pao + hazards, with scarf valiant in the back for sweeping late game. Valiant is an excellent sweeper, and it takes many people off guard who don't expect scarf. The defensive core of ting-lu + rotom-w + amoonguss is also really strong and checks the majority of the meta.

The team has no defog or rapid spin, so the hazard control duties are left to Cinderace. Court change is easy to use with the amount of switches cinderace forces, and it's presence alone is often enough to deter players from trying to hazard stack.

Enjoy the team :)​
I can confirm, this team SMOKES :))

Iron Val + E-Speed Killer Dragonite Offense

https://pokepast.es/744f81dea0576f28
This team has gotten me to 1300-1400 and I really enjoy using it. Right now I struggle with Booster Energy Tera-Ghost Iron Valiant since it outspeeds all my mons and I don't really have a way to KO it after the typing change. As a low-rated player, I would love any advice for my team.

Team Roles

Garchomp is my usual lead, setting up spikes and sr to chip down annoying mons like Rotom-W so Dnite can sweep with extreme speed. It has max defense and hp evs it checks a lot of mons like Rock-Type Garganacl, Ceruledge, Kingambit, and Gholdengo. If Great Tusk comes in Chomp can punish its rapid spin with its rocky helmet and proceed to phase it out. Rocky Helmet also hurts teams that revolve around momentum and pivots like Meowscarada and Corv that use U-Turn. I chose this to be my setter since Glimmora tended to be really passive and made me lose lots of momentum.

Dragonite is an insanely dangerous late-game cleaner with a Silk Scarf and tera-normal, sometimes not even needing setup to KO the rest of a worn-down team. It possesses an incredible ability and great bulk so it often ends up being your wincon. EVs are set to maximise attack and hp and to outspeed dragapult after dragon dancing twice. Extreme Speed being a 70BP priority move that goes before mach punch and ice shard is ridiculous, so there isn't much explanation as to why it's being used. Earthquake is a strong, spammable move that hits important steel types that resist e-speed like Gholdengo. Roost means that if it's revived, it can immediately heal and abuse Multiscale again, and also improves its longevity.

Iron Valiant is a high-performing, high-octane, lean, mean, iron machine. It has a sky-high special attack stat and fairy typing, possessing one of the best moves in the game, Moonblast. Choice Specs make IV really annoying to switch into resists like Glimmora or offensive Gholdengo getting 2HKO'd after a little bit of chip. Aura Sphere hits steel types, Thunderbolt hits Corv, and Shadow Ball is just another powerful, spammable move. Its typing and stats compliment Dragonite really well, hitting would-be counters like Dondozo and Ting-Lu. Along with Dragonite, they form an unstoppable core that is very difficult to wall. Tera Poison or Ghost would be a good idea, imo. It allows

Iron Treads act as the team's hazard control. Gholdengo is very annoying to switch into for my team and Iron Treads' helps to relieve that pressure. Booster Energy also lets Iron Treads beat most notably, Chien-Pao, which is faster than the majority of my team and either heavily damages, or OHKO's. Knock Off is also a gift now that so many mons have lost it, and it offers great utility.

Gholdengo is literally the best spin-blocker to ever exist and it synergizes well with my team since it prevents any form of getting rid of the effort Garchomp made to set up his spikes. His ability to switch in on any form of status move is also really useful, a scarf Rotom going for a thunder wave, a Dragapult going for a burn, or a Ting-Lu going for a whirlwind. Its set is pretty standard, broken MIR, STAB Shadow Ball, Thunderbolt to hit the most common defogger (Corviknight), and trick to hit stall mons, notably Garganacl and Ting-Lu.

Pawmot is the last mon in my team and it offers a great ability, to revive its teammates. We know this pokemon is probably gonna get banned at some point, so we might as well use it now. Good speed tier and Revival Blessing lets the big threats in the team - Dragonite, Iron Val, Gholdengo - back to wreak havoc later in the game when their counters/checks are either gone or chipped. Its STABs are also surprisingly powerful and priority mach punch might just end up being a lifesaver.

That was a lot of writing, and I hope you enjoy the team. Please offer any sort of advice or feedback on what I could change. This is my first post on here and I really liked it. Thanks for reading!

https://pokepast.es/2f9693824fcac0ee

A dumb, yet suprisingly effective Armarouge Weakness Policy team.
Indeedee is there for setup, and usually comes out first, trick scarf is also good for that but baiting u-turns and knock-offs is the best case scenario when starting a match. Use encore if needed, otherwise attack or switch out to Arma or someone else to tank a hit

Armarouge is really underestimated right now. With these spreads it can survive a water step (without life orb), a lot of earthquakes, bites, etc. You wanna switch him into one of those, but hes fine with almost any matchup.

Once hes in, use endure to tank a hit if needed, or to scout out a choice-user (yes, endure works on 1 hp and basically is a protect 2.0) and then go crazy with weak armor and weakness policy. A good arma cant really be stopped easily, only a tanky Skeleridge or a well ev'd Quag can take a hit. Because of the terrain he also gets a power boost (which can be made even stronger using terra) for his psychic attacks, but more importantly, priority moves dont work. And with his +2 speed he can outspeed chien-pao and scarfed gholdegos.

The rest is just for pivoting/taking hits and occassionally sweeping, but the focus is on the first 2 guys

Reached around 1400 with it somehow so yeah, give it a shot

https://pokepast.es/2f9693824fcac0ee

A dumb, yet suprisingly effective Armarouge Weakness Policy team.
Indeedee is there for setup, and usually comes out first, trick scarf is also good for that but baiting u-turns and knock-offs is the best case scenario when starting a match. Use encore if needed, otherwise attack or switch out to Arma or someone else to tank a hit

Armarouge is really underestimated right now. With these spreads it can survive a water step (without life orb), a lot of earthquakes, bites, etc. You wanna switch him into one of those, but hes fine with almost any matchup.

Once hes in, use endure to tank a hit if needed, or to scout out a choice-user (yes, endure works on 1 hp and basically is a protect 2.0) and then go crazy with weak armor and weakness policy. A good arma cant really be stopped easily, only a tanky Skeleridge or a well ev'd Quag can take a hit. Because of the terrain he also gets a power boost (which can be made even stronger using terra) for his psychic attacks, but more importantly, priority moves dont work. And with his +2 speed he can outspeed chien-pao and scarfed gholdegos.

The rest is just for pivoting/taking hits and occassionally sweeping, but the focus is on the first 2 guys

Reached around 1400 with it somehow so yeah, give it a shot
https://pokepast.es/bbafe2456205946b

Updated version, better evs and such

https://pokepast.es/5b354713e01d6529 I made a hazard stack team with Garchomp at the beginning of the generation but found garchomp and the team in general to struggle with great tusk. I initially tried running chomp's newly acquired liquidation, however Great Tusk is too physically bulky for this to be effective. Which led me to choose spa chomp. I opted not to run max speed as to have more evs for spa (it is specced to outrun max speed glimora) and i wanted to run max hp (technically 248 evs but same diff) so it could still function in other matchups. However it still lacked the power for surf to be guaranteed 2hko with leftovers on great tusk (it is a 32% chance). But then i realized because rapid spin is contact, great tusk would be in range to die most of the time anyways in 2 hits. Feedback on the rest of the team is very appreciated but i mainly am wondering if you think this chomp set is good. I think it is not a gimmick, and although spa chomp is nothing new it usually just ran fire blast for corv/ skarm (it also ran draco meteor sometimes in old gens to lure physical walls). I think set has a potential to be a great lead and im fairly proud of it. The only major flaw is av great tusk but it would still do decent damage to it and most tusks aren't av.

https://pokepast.es/5b354713e01d6529 I made a hazard stack team with Garchomp at the beginning of the generation but found garchomp and the team in general to struggle with great tusk. I initially tried running chomp's newly acquired liquidation, however Great Tusk is too physically bulky for this to be effective. Which led me to choose spa chomp. I opted not to run max speed as to have more evs for spa (it is specced to outrun max speed glimora) and i wanted to run max hp (technically 248 evs but same diff) so it could still function in other matchups. However it still lacked the power for surf to be guaranteed 2hko with leftovers on great tusk (it is a 32% chance). But then i realized because rapid spin is contact, great tusk would be in range to die most of the time anyways in 2 hits. Feedback on the rest of the team is very appreciated but i mainly am wondering if you think this chomp set is good. I think it is not a gimmick, and although spa chomp is nothing new it usually just ran fire blast for corv/ skarm (it also ran draco meteor sometimes in old gens to lure physical walls). I think set has a potential to be a great lead and im fairly proud of it. The only major flaw is av great tusk but it would still do decent damage to it and most tusks aren't av.
Also the chomp set is good against garganacl

This has been performing quite well, though certain Espathra teams and Skeledirge in general are kind of annoying. Other than that, doing great so far, getting into upper mid ladder pretty easy now.

Spent a while talking with Finch himself trying to optimize Tusk. Takes 99.5% max from unboosted Iron Valiant moonblast. After 1 rapid spin Tusk outspeeds Valiant and Cinderace.

https://pokepast.es/e46d20f4592a3120 Garga/Tusk/Nite balance. Please excuse the names.

EDIT: Updated sets, adjusted speed on Gholdengo and Dragonite for more survivability. Trying out Shard over Sucker on Pao, if I end up not liking it then Spinner goes over roost on dnite again. Not at all needed to kill opposing dnite is the one thing and she's bad vs Corvi regardless so meh. Being able to come in on something and reactivate Multiscale is nice. I run Ice Spinner on Pao because while most people prefer crash for the flinch chance, I really just hate moves with bad accuracy. Gholdengo runs 212 speed EVs to outrun timid Pult while I still have scarf.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)