Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v2 [Update on Post #5186]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don’t see the regi hype in practice honestly. Both in using it and playing against it just feels like a scarf pult or booster valiant or moon. Extremely Suppressing offensive mon in that other fast but frail threats in check, but it’s lack the office of power to be a true breaker or sweeper
Eh, the thing is that its power actually ain't bad because of its ability. I am running Heavy Duty Boots on it & its still chunking neutral Pokemon like Magearna for 30% with Thunderbolt + another 20% with the follow-up Volt Switch, which practically renders it unable to check other key Pokemon that its tasked with handling like Chien-Pao.

252 SpA Transistor Regieleki Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Magearna: 120-142 (32.9 - 39%) -- 99.7% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Transistor Regieleki Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Magearna: 93-111 (25.5 - 30.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

I think Tera can work against Eleki too because it is frail, but by in large it is a massive boon because it drastically expands the pool of Pokemon it can check / revenge kill to include others like Dragapult & Pokemon that previously countered it like Lando-T, Garchomp etc. If you face Eleki with a Pokemon weak to its moves or is in KO range of its attacks, it can feel like fighting Dugtrio because its often dealing such high damage to switch-ins, that switching out isn't an option.

Of course I could be wrong and could see some counterplay develop.

Wild to think we're living in an era of Lesser Tusk. I didn't realize how much Knock Off and Defog were jacking up this thing's viability. I doubt it's ever going to fall off, but I feel like access to Intimidate is the only big reason you'd use this over Tusk. I honestly have gotten more use out of Overqwil so far than Lando.

By the way, try Overqwil some time. Great for pivoting and picking up some cool resistance combinations. It even doesn't get 2HKOd by Chien-Pao with max Def investment.

Further by the way, please send the weasel back to Ubers.
Overqwil has no pivoting. Also completely outclassed by Toxapex and Glimmora.

memesketch

won't look back, i must shine
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Specs Eleki seems to lack reasonable defensive counterplay, it eats at Ting-Lu and sends Clod home with a clean 2HKO. The good news is it's very prediction-reliant and way more vulnerable to priority and chip than Boots, but idk if these are enough to keep it from being too much to handle.

If you face Eleki with a Pokemon weak to its moves or is in KO range of its attacks, it can feel like fighting Dugtrio because its often dealing such high damage to switch-ins, that switching out isn't an option.
Couldn't have said it better. I think the main problem with Eleki is that you can't just send a blanket check in against it and hope for the best like you can with a lot of other pivots, since Volt Switch hits like a freight train and brings in another demon wallbreaker for free.

Been playing all day. Went from bottom ladder to 1800's, and I just wanted to give my thoughts.

Magearna: Absolutely broken, from sweeping with SP sets to enabling Ursaluna with TR, Magearna has it all. Easily the mon I dread the most when seeing on Team Preview this monster has way to many viable sets that are top tier at doing what they do. Pls, quickban this thing.

Regeleki: Hits all non-Ground mons hard with Tbolt/VSwitch, and thanks to Tera has options with dealing with grounds. Oh, and gets Rapid Spin for no good reason. The fact that people are bringing out their Gastrodons and Iron Treads to deal with it speaks volumes. Another quickban

Zamazenta-H/C: The amount of pressure Crowned puts on a team is palpable. It comes in gets a boost, and either threatens to hit hard with Body Press, or set up to sweep. Very few pokemon threaten to OHKO it, and Tera is always there to remedy that. Another Mon that I think should be quickbanned from the tier. Zama-H on the other hand I'm not to sure on. On paper it's broken, but I've hardly seen it. Both ID + BP and CB movesets are good in theory, but maybe in practice aren't broken. Idk might have to play with it more to get a better grasp on it.

Ursaluna: This gen's Melmetal, but hits harder. I think if Magearna gets banned Ursaluna will settle down a little with oneless TR'r in the tier, but I can see a suspect test in the near future for this one.

Chien-Pao: Crunch does too much damage. Tera Dark invalidates checks. I think when Mag and Zama-C go this guy needs to follow.

Sneasler: A Grade A mon. Personally been using Rillaboom+Sneasler all day to great affect. Unburden is an incredible late game sweeper, and most teams aren't prepared for it. I've actually seen very little Dire Claw so I can't really speak on that front. The only time I used Poison Touch Sneasler I either never got the Poison, or Dire Claw somehow does nothing. Shoutout to the one Lando-T I put to sleep. Idk if Dire Claw is broken/unhealthy, but Snealer is great even without it.

Urshifu-RS: Scary mon, but is currently overshadowed my all the other brokeness in the tier.

Enamous: It's ok

serperiorr

formerly someidiot19
after playing a bit, Thundurus T is actually pretty legit, has a really great speed tier and can threaten a lot of teams, since it outspeeds and sets up on defensive tusk/lando and a lot of people rn are relying on eleki for speed control (which thundy + tera sits on forever)

Thundurus-Therian @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Tera Blast

something like this is really threatening, with enamorus hwish support it can even do early game breaking and sweep later on

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
I think Lando-T is a lot better than people think, even with all the nerfs its gotten. Being a bulky Ground with U-turn is extremely clutch in this meta to bring in broken wallbreakers or to form VoltTurn cores with mons like Sneasler, Regieleki, and Specs Magearna (Treads can also do this with Volt Switch, but I find it doesn't have the resistances I want outside of checking Tera Ice Regieleki). Since its last slot for the bulky set has been freed up, Grass Knot becomes really nice to prevent bulky Great Tusks from sitting on you, as well as hitting Ursaluna pretty hard. The set I wanna spotlight, however, is the Choice Scarf set of olde:

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Tera Blast
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

While it will miss Knock Off, the Scarf set is perfectly positioned to be one of the best revenge killers and cleaners in the new Home meta imo. Outpaces some other relevant Scarfers, namely Gholdengo, has strong STAB EQ and Tera Blast Flying to clean with, and as mentioned before pairs perfectly with other VoltTurn users which are hot in the current meta. Only unfortunate part is that it can be rather Tera dependent for Tera Blast, but 145 Attack STAB Flying move is pretty insane and eases prediction a bit so I haven't seen much of a problem. But yeah I hope this set gets some more usage cause I think its pretty insane and overlooked

Couldn't have said it better. I think the main problem with Eleki is that you can't just send a blanket check in against it and hope for the best like you can with a lot of other pivots, since Volt Switch hits like a freight train and brings in another demon wallbreaker for free.
:sv/rotom-heat: :sv/rotom-frost: :sv/magnezone:
They kinda resists its hits.... kinda. Can't really do much in return tho
Honestly, the safe answer is Thundurus Therian. Even has the added perk of crushing stall. But which tera is best: Steel, Fire, Water or Ice on it? I think it's Steel
Can tococot stop sad reacting to every one of our posts?
LOOOL I noticed that too. I just thought they really thought it was sad (tococot react with haha)

Overqwil has no pivoting. Also completely outclassed by Toxapex and Glimmora.
Pex, sure, I don't think Overqwil is strong competition for it. But Glimmora? They do very different things. I guess as a Toxic Spikes setter, yeah, Glimmora's got it there, but these two aren't exactly competing for the same role given Overqwil's much better defense and Psychic immunity rather than a weakness.
The set I wanna spotlight, however, is the Choice Scarf set of olde:
I want to believe. Lando always adapts. It's just a matter of how, given that Tusk ate all of its other roles. Might try this one actually.

tococot please react to this post with angry

:sv/iron treads:
Iron Treads is actually eating this HOME meta. It's one of... actually, the only really relevant Ground type not weak to Ice - meaning it won't crumple in the face of Regieleki. Sure its not faster than it, but it doesn't fold to it either. This also makes it Eleki a good partner for it as it beats the other Ground types trying to stand in its way such as Great Tusk and Garchomp. It remains a lesser version of Great Tusk, but it definetly has its place - as it has all the tools Great Tusk has minus bulk and power in favor of speed and Volt Switch.

Bouns points for being solid into Shift Gear CM Stored Power Magearna with both STAB hitting for super effective damage
I already saw a tera water Regi to deal with this.

Let's get Regi & Magearna banned before we start crowning Treads the new king.

Let's get Regi & Magearna banned before we start crowning Treads the new king.
It's really hard to judge anything with these guys here tbh, their bans are in the way, only the obvious stuff like Sneasler and Ursaluna being good really stick out and I'm not sure if Ursaluna will even stay in the tier for the fact that it makes trick room more than just some weird niche or at least more than what it once was now thats awesome :bellipog: , it's just that worth using with its horrifiying strength especially after a boost i love it

ausma

token smogon furry
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Forum Leader
Hey everyone, I wanted to take this opportunity to share my preliminary thoughts on the HOME metagame after having played a few dozen games. Please take these opinions with a grain of salt as we are not even a day into the metagame, but I feel I've played enough at this rate to have a decent read on what is/will ultimately be good in the tier.

For visiblity's sake, here is a tier list I put together. I will be explaining my choices up to A-tier, but I will happily explain my lower-tier choices if inquired.

1685499160974.png

Quickban:
Nuke these fools.
:ursaluna:
Ursaluna is absurd. While its Speed tier is very debilitating outside of Trick Room, it is one of the highest immediate power threats the tier has ever seen with a STAB combo and coverage that is unreasonably good at breaking holes into teams with little prediction required from the Ursaluna user. There has been extremely high Air Balloon Gholdengo use on the ladder to try and dissuade its STAB combination, but its access to moves like Fire Punch to remedy this and Substitute to remove prediction makes it very difficult to respond to without using dedicated counterplay, expending your Tera, or predicting right. It's worth noting that all of these are major investments and often wind up with your team put into a very unideal position before one of the tier's many great cleaners can pick up the slack. It alone makes Trick Room a highly viable strategy, but even without it, its bulk and solid use of Tera means it often can take 2-3 Pokemon with it before it's taken down. While the metagame can most definitely adapt to its presence, it is beyond centralizing and I believe the tier would be better off without it as it doesn't really bring much of value anyway.

:regieleki:
It's been profusely said how powerful Regieleki is with Tera, and I am here to echo that sentiment. Tera completely downplays its one key weakness and makes it so Regieleki is able to utterly wreck every and all team structures that don't use specific Ground-types. It alone has forced obscene Iron Treads usage on the ladder, and even it can't withstand Tera Blast for long. I've been using it on a Rain team, too, and it can even use Tera Water to break apart Iron Treads with no issue, and even some other niche answers like Tera Steel Thundurus-T. Much like Ursaluna, it certainly can be adapted to, but it demands far too much from the player in the builder and it has no place in the tier.

:zamazenta-crowned:
Honestly, I'm not really too big a fan of its presence in this metagame, not gonna lie! Body Press is just way too good an addition on Zamazenta-Crowned; it's very easy for Zamazenta to begin boosting Body Press with its amazing bulk, type, and Speed, and its other slots can easily be dedicated to blasting the tier's best Body Press checks in Gholdengo, Galarian Slowking, and Enamorus through STAB Behemoth Bash and Crunch alone, and it can use its bulk to win those 1v1s. You have to try and burn or paralyze it, but most bulky status users in this metagame (Skeledirge and Volcarona) aren't exactly ones you want to throw on every team, and in some cases aren't even good enough as they don't actually respond to Body Press (Rotom-W). While this is the one I'm most borderline about as it's not as overtly broken to me as Regieleki and Ursaluna, it too contributes to a potential centralization problem since Iron Defense Body Press checks are fairly specific.

On My Radar:
This tier is for Pokemon that are on my personal radar, but am unsure about booting from the tier out the rip.

:sneasler:
Actually a really cool and powerful Pokemon with very interesting progress-making tools with access to Poison Touch + U-turn and nice utility in general, and is a presence I would actively enjoy having in the tier if it weren't for Dire Claw. Dire Claw is a really stupid move and a super easy click for the most part due to that obscene and common secondary effect. Close Combat is a great partner in crime into Dire Claw immunities, and it has U-turn as well for other checks in Gholdengo, for instance, so Dire Claw's secondary effect comes into play very often. Being able to fish for Sleep or Para odds is, bluntly, a really unwelcome mechanic imo, and can steal games undeservedly as many people have said before. It's a shame too as, since Dire Claw is only on Sneasler, we have to look at Sneasler as opposed to Dire Claw itself. Sneasler as a whole would sit solidly in high A/low S, but with the uncompetitive and often game-changing elements behind Dire Claw it most likely--and sadly--needs to be evaluated for a potential ban.

:magearna:
Much like I mentioned in my earlier post, Magearna's healthy elements heavily in contention with its potentially broken ones. CM Tera Water sets are really hard to stop and, since it trades for very hard-to-exploit weaknesses in tandem with Calm Mind boosting, it can farm games easily with Screens support and proper positioning. Their great customizability between Iron Defense and Shift Gear and, of course, Magearna's amazing coverage options, sadly augments this issue. However, Magearna's other sets to me have been honestly not that bad. Specs is blanked pretty badly by the near omni-present Galarian Slowking and Iron Treads usage, making it somewhat prediction reliant, and with Trick you're not really getting as much value as you'd like as Magearna values its moveslots more than ever in this metagame. AV and Utility-focused sets are great but far from broken; if anything I highly welcome them in such a volatile metagame state. However it's the Calm Mind sets that really complicate things and I'm still mulling over if those sets are manageable enough, as well as if its set variety alongside the potential brokenness of CM is banworthy in and of itself. It's for that reason I don't believe it should be quickbanned at this time; however, Magearna is still on my radar.

:chien-pao:
Chien-Pao in this metagame is the embodiment of broken checking broken, essentially giving every offensive team a Get Out Of Jail card into Regieleki with its great STABs and Speed tier. Compared to Zamazenta-H it does this in a considerably less balanced sense, but it does certainly still have its checks. It hates Urshifu-R's potency in this metagame, and the existence of Magearna/Hisuian Samurott are pretty annoying for it too. I've been able to beat it pretty handily but it's one of those Pokemon whose brokenness tends to show as we trend toward stability. I expect it to probably kick the bucket down the line, but I'm not so sure right now.

S-tier Contenders

:slowking-galar:
If you've played at all on the OU ladder today I guarantee you've seen at least one. This Pokemon is in contention for the best Pokemon in the tier; everything about it feels so handcrafted to glue the metagame together, especially as it received a pivoting option to really live up to its predecessors. Chilly Reception expands Galarian Slowking's team applications beyond belief, giving it a home on VoltTurn structures and the highly viable Trick Room archetype. It also received Toxic Spikes and Toxic to reinforce teams into dangerous setup sweepers like Magearna, giving it more utility on bulkier structures. Its AV set is still phenomenal, and I'm sure setup variants will come to rise once the metagame becomes stable. Right now it is capable of doing so much and providing a stopgap into many of the tier's most dangerous Pokemon while providing constant pressure and support for its team. Galarian Slowking is insane.

:zapdos:
Regieleki has put Zapdos on the backfoot a bit, but it provides the tier with the all-purpose Flying-type that it has been craving since SV launched. Its type combination matches up great into Zamazenta, Landorus-T, and Great Tusk, and its bulk is just solid enough alongside Static to pull its weight as a glue into other relevant Physical attackers like Kingambit, Sneasler, and Urshifu-R. While losing Defog sucks quite a bit, Hurricane and Heat Wave uninvested generally gets the job done, giving teams a nice blend of offense, momentum, and utility akin to Galarian Slowking. I expect it to surge in use once/if Regieleki leaves the tier. Maybe S-tier overrates it a bit, but I've been using it on nearly all of my teams, and I'm sure it will settle into a very nice niche for bulky offense and balance.

:zamazenta:
I honestly think Zamazenta-H is a nice presence in the tier; a very powerful and influential one, for sure, but one I personally welcome a lot. It provides a very balanced yet potent tool for offensive structures. It boasts a great click in Close Combat, a very good Speed tier, nice bulk, and potent coverage options, making it a fantastic Choice Band user and great revenge killer that doesn't demand too many resources to shine. There are a lot of good and easily available checks in the aforementioned Galarian Slowking and Zapdos, as well as Pokemon like Landorus-T, Volcarona, Skeledirge, Great Tusk, and Enamorus. As for its Body Press set, I don't actually think it's that demanding as, unlike Zamazenta-C, it lacks a good secondary STAB to shore up its matchup into common Body Press resistances and it's also not Toxic-immune. I like it a lot, honestly. It has solid winning power that rewards smart positioning and progress-making, its Speed tier is a great asset, and its bulk is useful but not unbearable.

A-tier Contenders

:heatran:
Heatran does Heatran things, what is there to say? It's a great Special tank with an always-useful and powerful click in Magma Storm, and its access to Taunt is always a nice way to expedite its utility. Although it lost Toxic (and that sucks a lot, don't get me wrong), it gained Tera Blast and Tera as a whole in exchange, which can allow for it to specialize its trapping game a lot more. I admit I'm somewhat worried about this as the metagame stabilizes, but in such a fast and offensive metagame it's quite hard for Heatran to find that theoretical value. I mostly just see and have experienced a bulky and powerful tank with nice resistances, and that's going to be good no matter what.

:samurott-hisui:
SAMUROTT IS GOOD GUYS!!!!!!! HE'S GOOD!!! HE FINALLY DID IT!!!!!!!! In all seriousness, Hisuian Samurott is awesome. Ceaseless Edge is stupid spammable and supports the everliving crap out of faster cleaners in Sneasler/Zamazenta. Alongside the fact Ceaseless Edge is so useful, its type offers a lot both offensively and defensively, and as such it has honestly a lot of set versatility. I've found a lot of success with RestTalk and it's a set I implore you try as it gives you that familiar Ceaseless Edge value while reaping the rewards of its great resistances, but Choice Scarf, AV, SD + Black Glasses with Sucker Punch are all really solid performers as well. It's definitely more of an offense fixture by nature, but I think Hisuian Samurott will settle into a very comfortable spot in this metagame just because Sharpness-boosted Ceaseless Edge and its typing are so unique and powerful. Its Speed, only-serviceable bulk, and Sharpness-reliant offenses really show at times, though, so I don't expect it to ever be topping the charts. However you can bet that it will do its job, and you best believe that job is really, really useful.

:enamorus:
Enamorus is pretty strong, and I think as the metagame slows down it will probably become more and more potent, but as it stands it's a powerful wallbreaker and bruiser thanks to its powerful Moonblast and perfect neutral coverage. Taunt + 3 Attacks puts in a lot of work and can be a nice fat-buster while trading nicely into offense, and I've liked Specs too. However Calm Mind and Superpower offer decent win-conditions at the cost of requiring more awareness in positioning. I think 4MSS, its desire for HDB, and its Speed tier let it down just a bit but there's a lot it can do and I believe it will settle into a very cozy spot in the metagame, even with Galarian Slowking at the top.

:moltres-galar:
Galarian Moltres benefits really hard from the fast metagame state and farms offense, especially since it's so good at using Tera and bops most structures that don't run Kingambit, Magearna, or Tyranitar. If you run into the latter two you're in for a bit of a bad time, but barring that it's a pretty damn reliable win condition that can flexibly wallbreak and clean on a whim.

:braviary-hisui:
People are sleeping hard on this gigathreat. You may think its type may be its main weakness in this metagame, but you would be wrong as it matches up really well into non-Toxic Galarian Slowking, non-Choice Band Urshifu, and Amoonguss. Even with the Psychic-type, being a Flying-type in this metagame is extremely useful due to the widespread Fighting-type spam, and because of that, it's able to put in a comical amount of work as an Esper Wing-boosted win condition and wallbreaker. There is literally no switch-in to this Pokemon and it doesn't have to wear a Choice Specs to dish out the hurt due to Tinted Lens. It can easily just click Esper Wing and Hurricane and easily force trades, and if you're running fat, Calm Mind + Roost with its bulk farms arguably even easier, and Tera expedites this even easier. Its Speed is the main thing that lets it down, so you usually want several Esper Wing boosts before it's too late to stop you, but the sheer strength of Esper Wing and its guaranteed Speed boost alongside STAB-boosted Tinted Lens Hurricane near always force a KO, and its resistance profile/bulk often means you can do that at least once per game. Maybe A is reactionary, but I've found really consistent success with it. You certainly do have to support it and it's more Tera reliant than other Pokemon, but I think this Pokemon is a sleeper threat and it should be respected more.

:urshifu-rapid-strike:
This Pokemon cusps on the top end of A for me. It's a strong offensive pivot and newfound access to SD and Trailblaze make it a potentially ruinous win condition. Its resistances are also really nice, being able to provide reinforcement into Heatran, Hisuian Samurott, and Chien-Pao. People have already discussed most of its merits, but I've found that Punching Glove pivot sets are really easy to slot onto teams. Tera Water with Punching Glove closely simulates Choice Band-boosted Surging Strikes, minus the choice lock and the fear of recoil, which makes it a very autonomous threat that can take hits and dish them out. It's just a great Pokemon, and could be banworthy in the later stages of the metagame, but I've really liked having it so far.

EDIT: Swords Dance is fucking crazy. Dear god I apologize

:landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian's resistance profile and access to U-turn are its primary draws in this metagame, making it one of Sneasler's better checks and a decent all-around pivot into Heatran, Zamazenta, Kingambit, and Great Tusk. Losing Knock Off, Defog, and Toxic are honestly extremely bad for it and it shows, as it often winds up being setup fodder for Dragonite, Zamazenta, and Tera Water Magearna. Gaining Taunt is a bit of a consolation prize and it does like having it, though you definitely want Speed to get the most use out of Taunt, which hurts its bulk a bit as well. Still, though, it's a Landorus-T and it'll do what you need it to do, it's just not as phenomenal as it once was, making it comfortably A in my eyes.

Last edited:

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Thanks for the first good tier list I've seen ausma . Your pro-tera crimes have been absolved.
Gonna echo the sentiment regarding slowking-galar, it is very very good. Here's one of the sets I've been using on TR and Semi-TR builds:

:Slowking-Galar:
Slowking-Galar @ Lagging Tail
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Water / Fairy
EVs: 216 HP / 200 Def / 92 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Chilly Reception
- Flamethrower / Slack Off
- Sludge Bomb / Psychic

One conundrum you run into with Chilly Reception is that its priority is zero, meaning that under TR, the slow glowking will have a fast CR, meaning that your Ursaluna is not coming in safely. In order to remedy this, you hold a Lagging Tail which ensures that your CR will move last even under TR, so that Ursaluna is coming in safely and activating guts with flame orb. Or maybe your GLASTRIER is coming in safely under that snow with 403 hp and 445 defense lmao. I'm preeetty sure I pioneered this tech first like a week ago but it's time to spread the love. Lagging tail turns glowking into a very reliable TR setter that can fit on full TR teams and semi-TR teams. The given defense evs survive 2 unboosted surging strikes from watershifu. Tera Water is a nice type to help check rain/sun teams and disrupt them with snow, but it's flexible.

When fat next becomes viable look out kiddos. My Specs Braviary-H is coming for you, and my Hurricanes will not miss. Have fun spamming HO for another month...

Last edited:
Ursaluma is so much fun, I'm enjoying it before it gets banned!

I've been using it as part of a core with Trick Room Setter + Eject Pack Arboliva + Ursa.

Step 1: Set up Trick Room

Step 2: Swap to Arboliva to get Grassy Terrain up and pivot straight to Luna.

Step 3: ???

Step 5: Rawr

More an observation than anything, but presuming Ursaluna survives the first wave of quick bans while Magearna doesn't, I wonder how hard it's going to fall off. Magearna can both switch out and use the TR itself, and unlike Slowking (and any other setters that will replace it) you don't mind Magearna being "forced" to stay in, so there's very little risk of losing momentum.

Of course the murderbear is bulky and powerful anyway, but the more support a mon needs, the easier it is to play around. Could end up being more like Walking Wake, terrifying when set up and brought in, but forced to accept some team weaknesses to accomplish that.

You'd be better off not switching to Arboliva and having your Trick Room setter Volt Switch or Chilly Reception into Ursuluna. That way, Ursaluna gets an extra turn to break things. The way you're doing is wasting one of your Trick Room turns.
When Arboliva takes the hit and immediately swaps, isn't that the same turn spent as if using Volt Switch/Chilly Reception?

1st turn: Trick
2nd Turn: Swap (VS/CR/Eject Pack Arboliva)
3 Turn: Rawr

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
The intention is for the SV OU tiering council to have another tiering "radar" like previously later this week. This radar will list a number of Pokemon that the tiering council determines worthy of voting upon and will ultimately lead to a quickban vote late this week. The first round of bans is likely to take place this weekend as a result of that.

However, there is a chance that we have an "emergency" vote (and potential ban) in the next day or two if something is deemed banworthy to the point that the format is no longer deemed competitive or playable enough to meet the already lowered standards of a post-release format.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)