Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v2 [Update on Post #5186]

Status
Not open for further replies.

658Greninja

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Lando-I has been broken for 4 gens straight and the fact Game Freak BUFFED IT this gen seals it. Nothing on Arceus’ Green Earth is different. Oh and before you say “but Cress is better this Gen”

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Cresselia: 173-204 (38.9 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

This fat duck is taking 38% MINIMUM from a resisted non-STAB hit. Why the fuck would you want this?

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
People ignoring that I was playing devil's advocate for the reasoning Lando-I might be worth testing and just assuming I was asking for it back smh. I did say if it got Rock Polish back (not impossible with DLC) that it wouldn't have a chance.

I set foot in this forum after months of inactivity to find a crapshoot of rage fist and Lando-I conversations, very wonderful. Anyways, to change the subject what changed in OU to make Moltres and Muk-Alola good here?
moltres checks a bunch of meta stuff; its kind of an anti meta pick. for example it checks tusk ghold and gambit to an extent nicely. flame body also pretty nice to have

I set foot in this forum after months of inactivity to find a crapshoot of rage fist and Lando-I conversations, very wonderful. Anyways, to change the subject what changed in OU to make Moltres and Muk-Alola good here?
Volc got banned and now we have a new Flame Body Fire with nice bulk that beats the Pokémon that benefit from the Volc ban, in addition to those mentioned above, the fairies that won out such as Enamorus and Iron Valiant

To shift the topic a bit, I am surprised that +Speed Booster Energy Bulk Up Tusk is seeing a decent amount of usage (at least that's the impression I'm given based on Aim / blunder's vids). How are players liking this compared to other offensive Tusk variants? Having no Attack investment compared to regular Tusk + no leftovers seems like massive oppurtunity cost in exchange for the one time speed boost.

To shift the topic a bit, I am surprised that +Speed Booster Energy Bulk Up Tusk is seeing a decent amount of usage (at least that's the impression I'm given based on Aim / blunder's vids). How are players liking this compared to other offensive Tusk variants? Having no Attack investment compared to regular Tusk + no leftovers seems like massive oppurtunity cost in exchange for the one time speed boost.
I've been using it a lot myself, and it works pretty great. You outspeed the entire unboosted metagame, so the play is to come in something that can't immediately threaten Tusk or you can use Tera to live a hit from. After one Rapid Spin, it also outspeeds Booster Energy Valiant and Unburden Sneasler too. Good for either a win condition after two-three Bulk Ups, or a free way to remove hazards. Only problem is that since you can't run all of CC/Earthquake/Rapid Spin/Knock Off/Ice Spinner together, you invariably lose to stuff like Zapdos, Moltres, or Gholdengo even harder since you're much more reliant on Bulk Up for damage. Once they're gone though, Tusk sweeps everything else after one or two Bulk Ups.

Psychic Noise - Blocks healing (for an unknown duration). Showcased with Gardevoir.

Is stall dead again?

I wonder, though. Is heal block going to be useful on fast but frail pokemon? What if the tank just hits you back?

A damaging Heal Block is just gross. In a generation where defensive play was already hit by the recovery nerf and the nerf of hazard removal options, the last thing we needed is a move that prevents recovery. I'm hoping the move gets low distribution (and stays the hell away from OU).

A damaging Heal Block is just gross. In a generation where defensive play was already hit by the recovery nerf and the nerf of hazard removal options, the last thing we needed is a move that prevents recovery. I'm hoping the move gets low distribution (and stays the hell away from OU).
Gamefreak has a vendetta against defensive playstyles, so I could see Psychic Noise having high distribution. Toxic Chain and now Psychic Noise along with Gholdengo's existence shows what Gamefreak's agenda is. Gamefreak's developers probably raged at losing to stall on Pokemon Showdown in their spare time and introduced as many stallbreaking options as possible.

Gardevoir anti stall mon let's fucking go

LO Psyshock + Moonblast + coverage for Steels Garde already is very good vs Stall due to Tracing Regenerator, which allows it to stay healthy and switch moves with LO. There was no need for the new Move at all. Hopefully only niche Mons get it and hopefully only Psychic Mons. Or well, if Gholdengo gets it somehow, it will be at last a good excuse to Ban it.

Brain check.

If you zoom and enhance on the frame with the omnitera, you can see one of the moves goes from Normal to Omnitype, and it starts with "Te". Omnitype Tera Blast let's go?

Have there been any other moves that were treated as multiple types before?

Brain check.

If you zoom and enhance on the frame with the omnitera, you can see one of the moves goes from Normal to Omnitype, and it starts with "Te". Omnitype Tera Blast let's go?

Have there been any other moves that were treated as multiple types before?
Flying Press by Hawlu

I'll call it Aurora for now to make it easier, and because it's a pretty sick name actually. This can't be how it works, right? Or at least it can't be that simple? Tera Blast turning into omni-STAB would be completely ridiculous. What exactly is the tradeoff for using this over a traditional mono Tera type? I know GF could care less about balancing their game, balancing singles in particular, but how do you make this concept, like, work?

...I'm kinda glad everyone just waffled about a Tera suspect and nothing actually happened. I don't wanna have to see a third Tera suspect because whatever this eldritch horror is just walked in.

Some people were saying it could work like the Legend Plate in Arceus but that's kinda ridiculous and invalidates other uses of Tera. Perhaps this is the straw that bans tera's back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)