Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v4 [Volcarona Banned]

Do not lose hope! I present, Grassy Terrain sweeper Blissey!

Blissey @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Serene Grace
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Trailblaze
Drop Trailblaze for Soft Boiled. Switch Tera Ghost for Tera Poison. Put EVs in Def instead of HP. Now you have a sweeper set.

Walled by Tinkaton
Again, not to defend a shit set but you're incorrect there. Even if it encores you into iron defense, it deals so little damage you'll pp stall encore before you die

+6 0 Def Duraludon Body Press vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Tinkaton: 265-312 (70.8 - 83.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

There's a million reasons why it wouldn't work but tinkaton isn't one of them

FayaWizard

Amnesia
is an official Team Rater
Putting aside the hax sets, what does everyone think of Dragapult right now? With a resurgence of status and mixed sets, Dragapult is a nuisance to many teams, able to harass them with dual status while boasting surprising bulk especially in conjunction with burn or substitute. Utilitzing its superb speed tier, Dragapult is able to outspeed the entire unboosted meta besides Deoxys-Speed, its an excellent check to threats like Ogerpon-Wellspring or Zamazenta, who must run the right coverage and predict the switch, or else they get burned/forced to switch.

What do you think? Do you prefer Substitute, Boots pivot, or dual status mixed attacker? Do you think all these sets are still worse than its Specs set?

Putting aside the hax sets, what does everyone think of Dragapult right now? With a resurgence of status and mixed sets, Dragapult is a nuisance to many teams, able to harass them with dual status while boasting surprising bulk especially in conjunction with burn or substitute. Utilitzing its superb speed tier, Dragapult is able to outspeed the entire unboosted meta besides Deoxys-Speed, its an excellent check to threats like Ogerpon-Wellspring or Zamazenta, who must run the right coverage and predict the switch, or else they get burned/forced to switch.

What do you think? Do you prefer Substitute, Boots pivot, or dual status mixed attacker? Do you think all these sets are still worse than its Specs set?
Specs kinda is predictable when you figure out its that set, which you can by switching into a special tank, then it is quite easy to play around. At worst, they get a u-turn off and you have to then switch to a mon that walls that, at best you take not much damage and get a free turn.
The other sets just can be annoying to deal with, but like other mons you just have to hit it hard. You can't let it get up to its shenanigans too much. Of course, sub sets are more difficult to deal with from my experience but all are annoying.
Me though, I prefer to run the better set:
Dragapult @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Clear Body
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Acrobatics
Is walled by steel types, but slap on heavy anti-steel mons (like magnezone or tusk), and you have yourself a devestating set that can win games easily.

Dual status makes this thing feel downright evil. I've both used it and played against it and it feels fucking awful to play against. Feels amazing to use but it feels dirty nonetheless.

1LDK

Vengeance
is a Top Team Rater
Dragapult @ Sitrus Berry
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Acrobatics
Let me do you one better kid

Dragapult (F) @ Power Herb
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Phantom Force
- Acrobatics
- Dragon Darts

Now you can put the pressure on those steels by instant powered Phantom Force, who also breaks through protect and its powerful stab, besides, the one true check to this set (kingambit) doesn't like taking the chip because it can ruin his late game sweep

veti

Supreme Overlord
is a Pre-Contributor
Putting aside the hax sets, what does everyone think of Dragapult right now?
Putting aside the hax set, what does everyone think about the hax mon right now?

Dragapult is unironically my second most concerning mon after Gouging Fire, and the only other mon I think is problematic. Twave sets are nearly unbeatable if you get unlucky, while running through any team without a Garganacl even if it doesn't get lucky. Specs, Band, DD are all pretty good but not at all concerning.

https://pokepast.es/883d1fe5cfd7347d
This is a pokepaste that contains gimmick sets for all OU and UUBL mons in SV (at the time of creation which was early February). There is 46 sets in this, so you can just scroll down/use Control+F to find the mon you are looking for.
Might post the UU mons later, but idk if I can be bothered to do that.

Edit: Blissey set provided by tommytt22, plus also fixed up the blaziken set.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/e7130e505eee7095
This is a pokepaste that contains gimmick sets for all OU and UUBL mons in SV (at the time of creation which was early February). There is 46 sets in this, so you can just scroll down/use Control+F to find the mon you are looking for.
Might post the UU mons later, but idk if I can be bothered to do that.
first of all, can i ask why blaziken uses curse when i has access to bulk up? i thought there may be some tera ghost tech but you have tera dragon on it

also you may be interested in adding this blissey set to your list
Blissey @ Kee Berry
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunderbolt

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2075172598
here is a replay of it 1v1 agaisnt a volcarona thanks to serene grace. i forgot to set the correct tera otherwise it wouldve swept there and then

first of all, can i ask why blaziken uses curse when i has access to bulk up? i thought there may be some tera ghost tech but you have tera dragon on it

also you may be interested in adding this blissey set to your list
Blissey @ Kee Berry
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunderbolt

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9ou-2075172598
here is a replay of it 1v1 agaisnt a volcarona thanks to serene grace. i forgot to set the correct tera otherwise it wouldve swept there and then
I honestly struggled with blaziken, and I didn't realise at the time that it also got bulk up. You probably could use bulk up instead, but I forgot to change it.
The blissey set is cool, will add that to the list.

Edit: Edited OP and credited you for the blissey set, thank you.

When your mom is so angry she flies around the world just to beat your ass

Honestly, I miss offensive Blissey. Like it was so cool you could take any hit and respond with offensive pressure, that was so cool to do.
I wish Blissey wasn't relegated to stall, it would be so good for blanket checking special threats.
I don't! I am a gen 3 OU enjoyer and one of the top 3 worst parts of that metagame are double blissey endgames!

When your mom is so angry she flies around the world just to beat your ass

I don't! I am a gen 3 OU enjoyer and one of the top 3 worst parts of that metagame are double blissey endgames!
I mean, it was a lot better then you are saying in Gen 3 due to tyranitar being the number 1 mon in the tier and focus punch being so common. Plus beat up charizard is a great counter to blissey, so there is that.
Plus, double blissey endgames idk how often they occur, but you at the very least are not recovering hp from lefties, so it's just a stalling match to see who runs out of recovery pp first.

I know "outspeeds the entire unboosted metagame" is meant to say this pokemon is very fast. Honestly though, in gen 9 it barely puts you in top 50% speed. There are so many booster energies and insane priority moves.

I mean, it was a lot better then you are saying in Gen 3 due to tyranitar being the number 1 mon in the tier and focus punch being so common. Plus beat up charizard is a great counter to blissey, so there is that.
Plus, double blissey endgames idk how often they occur, but you at the very least are not recovering hp from lefties, so it's just a stalling match to see who runs out of recovery pp first.
Double Blissey endgames just take forever and I'm almost always going to forfeit because I don't have the patience.

Double Blissey endgames just take forever and I'm almost always going to forfeit because I don't have the patience.
Ah, that makes sense. As someone who has been using stall and pp stall teams much more often, I can wait for the long games. (though I use pp stall teams that much)
I did have to deal with a triple trick team while playing stall, and that shit was annoying as hell. That went for 150 turns, and even I couldn't deal with that.

Random, and probably kind of dumb idea: we have a separate ladder that will need a certain gxe to get reqs. To qualify to access this ladder, you have to pass an online timed test with multiple choice questions that are about the meta. Lol

This would be in the goal of avoiding all these low ladder teams/players that are confusing to play against lmao.

Random, and probably kind of dumb idea: we have a separate ladder that will need a certain gxe to get reqs. To qualify to access this ladder, you have to pass an online timed test with multiple choice questions that are about the meta. Lol

This would be in the goal of avoiding all these low ladder teams/players that are confusing to play against lmao.
If you can't beat low ladder cheese, you can't beat high ladder cheese

Riiight and what's to say said trolls and shitposters and CREATIVE TEAMBUILDERS arent knowledgeable of the tier's developments? Also... if you lose to a random Pincurchin on ladder, its fine bro. Just move on from the loss. We don't need a quote "better ladder" to differentiate the creative from the meta [slaves].

Personally I like the idea for suspects to follow something similar to the qualifying for Surveys alongside GXE requirements.

You make the GXE requirements. You participate and make it far into a high level tournament. Or you have proof of yourself/suspect alt hitting top 100 of the ladder. Any of the 3 and you can vote on a suspect.

Honestly, if someone's using a cheese team or a bad team, they usually don't play very well and they're not that hard to beat. But still, I don't see the point of a test being needed because people can just spread the answers online lol

Ah, that makes sense. As someone who has been using stall and pp stall teams much more often, I can wait for the long games. (though I use pp stall teams that much)
I did have to deal with a triple trick team while playing stall, and that shit was annoying as hell. That went for 150 turns, and even I couldn't deal with that.
I played them today and won w stall! Outplayed the tricks like a boss, knocked and absorbed and sacked like a boss, very exciting game