Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think is a good spreader of para that pairs well with offensive chomp?
I'd say the best options for spreading para atm are Hatterene w/Nuzzle and Rotom-W w/T Wave. I don't know of any special synergy they have with Chomp but they're just splashable mons that fit on a lot of different archetypes and reliably put in work. Rotom in particular deals well with Dondozo and Corv, who are good switch-ins to Physical Chomp sets.

You could also run Pawmot with Nuzzle and Revival Blessing to bring Chomp back to life, but I certainly wouldn't call that a "good spreader of para".

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
Choice Band Pawmot looks strong, but it misses the Revival Blessing support in order to deal a Lot of Damage.
Curious to see what your set looks like because you can't run Double Shock (because of its effects)

edit: I think it could work to be honest, you would just have to switch out if you use Revival Blessing in the set.

I was ninja'd in saying:

In fairness it could be for hit-and-run tactics when using Double Shock, or Tera Electric if he wants to go all in on this thing as his nuke (his call there). I doubt anything you'd target with Double Shock (so Water types vs most neutral CC targets) is going to survive more than one anyway after hazards from normal Pawmot.

What I find funny is how quite a few of our Physical Defensive-Check Pokemon are either immune to Electric regardless (Tusk, Chomp, Ting-Lu), or weak to it and thus probably won't need to take a second hit (Tera Water users like Garg or even +1 Annihilape, spreads below 252/252+ Dondozo, Corviknight), the latter mostly looking at mons you wouldn't click CC first for (like Kingambit) or that simply don't care about both STABs regardless (Amoongus, Clod). Skeledirge comfortably takes either STAB from a Band set, though funnily Pawmot runs into quite a bit of trouble with some B Ranks like Scizor, Torkoal, Iron Hands, and Fire-Tauros-P.

Not really sure I added much but was a fun excuse to peruse the Viability thread again

1LDK

It's never going to get better
is a Top Team Rater
I just wanna do a quick question to everybody here
How ofteen do you guys see Tera Water :Garganacl:

I just wanna do a quick question to everybody here
How ofteen do you guys see Tera Water :Garganacl:
Often, I like to joke about this guy being the best bulky water in the tier rn because it really is scarily splashable on any non-HO team.
Water is just a cool typing (until band meowscarada appears)

Is Koko even gonna be in the game? I've searched everywhere and none of the Tapus are coming to SV when Home gets connected, at least from the articles I've read
Might be since they are legendaries and GF usually ends up adding those too. I doubt they would skip them, likely to end up in some DLC, but its all speculation in the end.

Not entirely conducive to the metagame discussion but... I just cannot wrap my head around how people can enjoy the OU metagame right now. The fish, the panther, and the paradoxes all running around just makes it a miserable time for me. Too much power, very few checks and balances.

I find it hilarious that when I run into OU teams in-game, I have a better time playing a UU team than I do an OU one -- and with generally more success at that.

What are your thoughts on revival blessing?
Do you think it should be banned for being anti-competitive?

Personally I am okay with it as long as it is not paired with leppa berry.
Using it twice feels very wrong.

awyp

is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader

I personally think it's slightly uncompetitive especially in combination with something like Rage Fist (Ape) keeping its power and Leppa Berry. Believe it or not I don't think we've seen it fully abused yet for people to formulate a strong opinion because of all the Chi-Yus and other broken Pokémon running around, it's the last thing on the majority of people's mind. Do I think it should be suspected? Maybe down the line but there's at least 5-7 other suspects I got on my mind before that needs to happen.

Could I see it not getting banned and the metagame still being competitive and balanced? Yeah.

awyp

RMT Leader

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.

I personally believe it’s in the same category as the banned RNG mechanics (evasion, OHKO moves, King’s Rock) of being uncompetitive but not necessarily broken or even optimal. It’s uncompetitive for a different reason than the three I mentioned—those aren’t optimal because they’re inconsistent, but they’re not competitive because their usage warps the match to be almost entirely based around luck rather than skill. Revival Blessing isn’t optimal because its users are bad (Pawmot is maybe OK sometimes) and you can only realistically use it once or maybe twice per match; however, I consider it uncompetitive because it can effectively mean a team of 6 is fighting against a team of 7 or 8.
0BA5BA50-C6A9-47FC-BEF3-9DF93A5F91DE.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)