Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

YNM

formerly yNot Mence
is a Tiering Contributor
So over 200 voters supported action on Tera and found out that their votes didn’t count because their voices were drowned out by a vocal minority, and now competitive is dead until the Council decides to retest it. Perhaps it’s time to make our voices known through more effective means. I suggest that anyone who voted for tiering action should boycott OU until a retest happens. The meta isn’t worth playing in its current state anyway, so you won’t lose anything of value by not playing it.
I understand your sentiment, but you should remember that many people who voted Action (like me) only cared about reveal during team preview. And if that won, and it would, it really wouldn't have changed the meta that much.

I absolutely agree, Chi-Yu is definitely the most problematic thing in the current metagame by a mile. But lately I've been noticing how strong Terastallized Banded Chien-Pao is, and considering how popular this set is getting I wouldn't be surprised if people started calling for it to get banned as well. Those two and Rage Fist are the only bans I really support right now.
rage fist doesn't need banning, its anihilape, primape has the move too and is barely an ru threat, let alone broken in ou

So over 200 voters supported action on Tera and found out that their votes didn’t count because their voices were drowned out by a vocal minority, and now competitive is dead until the Council decides to retest it. Perhaps it’s time to make our voices known through more effective means. I suggest that anyone who voted for tiering action should boycott OU until a retest happens. The meta isn’t worth playing in its current state anyway, so you won’t lose anything of value by not playing it.
cope, seeth, mald. comp isn't dead, this may have not been the majority option but the option that was wasn't gonna change a whole lot, showing types on preview would be nice, but it wouldn't really fix any of the core issues with tera and would be more of a band-aid to the issues people who want it banned have with it.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
my brother in christ you didn't even get reqs

spatula

I LOVE CHIPFLAVOUR
is a Tiering Contributor
Mark my word, this is the best moment of Smogon's history. Making this kind of suspect a "supermajority" one was such an excellent decision to be honest. People voted, only 59% said they wanted something done about Tera but eh it seems it doesn't matter. I can't wait to watch the next SPL this is going to be something..yeah something. I’m full of happiness, really a great day for Smogon's strategy.

Concept Everything

Neko no Ensekan
is a Pre-Contributor
“Unfortunate" doesn't begin to describe my voting, this community rewards bad tiering decisions and nothing else, I am beyond convinced at this point. After getting completely tooled by voting with my barely attaining voting requirements, losing this way somehow felt even worse than I had thought possible. My voting was superior, my melodramatic arguement was superior, and I lost, so I don't see a reason to continue engaging in an activity where what is within my control is overwhelmingly outweighed by 0.75%.

YNM

formerly yNot Mence
is a Tiering Contributor
rage fist doesn't need banning, its anihilape, primape has the move too and is barely an ru threat, let alone broken in ou
I know, but I'd rather ban the move at this point instead of the dead monkey. The only real reason that mon is S tier is because of how broken that move is, but if I have to pick between keeping things as they are now and banning Annihilape I'm always choosing the second option.

Mark my word, this is the funniest moment of Smogon's history. Making this kind of suspect a "supermajority" one was such a hilarious decision to be honest. People voted, only 59% said they wanted memes about Tera to subside but eh it seems it doesn't matter. I can't wait to watch the next few posts this is going to be something.. yeah something. I’m full of laughter, really a great day for Smogon's meme potential.

alephgalactus

Banned deucer.
“Unfortunate" doesn't begin to describe my voting, this community rewards bad tiering decisions and nothing else, I am beyond convinced at this point. After getting completely tooled by voting with my barely attaining voting requirements, losing this way somehow felt even worse than I had thought possible. My voting was superior, my melodramatic arguement was superior, and I lost, so I don't see a reason to continue engaging in an activity where what is within my control is overwhelmingly outweighed by 0.75%.
So-called “free thinkers” when someone criticizes a blatantly wrong tiering decision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)