XY OU Sweeperella is a Mean B1tch. (1876 and not climbing because of laziness)

"I'm the goddamn sweeper and you idiots are gonna protect me while I do nothing."
Ya wanna know why?

I'm
FRAIL!

(Most recent)​

Sucker Lunch here with my second RMT. I decided to build a new Pinsir squad and it's climbed the ladder pretty well so far. Guess it's now time to showcase the team...a team built so Pinsir never has to rely on his incredibly frail 65/120/90 defenses *sarcasm* for anything except taking unboosted Extremespeeds, Bullet Punches, and Sucker Punches.
7/17/2014 - With the addition of Clefable I have a pretty good feeling this will be the final version of the team unless anything else gets banned. Sweeperella's had a great run, and I'm shocked that my idea for a Pinsir Sand Team back in May actually worked to such success haha. Anyway, I'm closing the book on this one. Have a great time using it (easymode laddering until 1800 lol) . See ya!

"Sweeperella is a Mean B1tch" - The Pinsir Sand Team That Came B4 The In-depth Guidez.

"I love protecting Sweeperella, I really I do...
I just wish I didn't die every match..."

Dragon Trash (Garchomp) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Garchomp is an awesome lead because of his unpredictability, my opponent doesn't know whether I'm running scarf, band, life orb, or sash. Garchomp has immense offensive pressure starting at turn one (and this is what every offensive team wants). He has a tendency to force switches early game because many people just don't want to take risk. I gave him a Focus Sash so Stealth Rock will be guaranteed most of the time. Also, Garchomp's Base 102 Speed is still fast, and he hits like a truck,. So even pulling him out at 1% and saving him for later pays off. A momentum building trick against lead Azumarill is setting up Stealth Rock, pulling out at 1% after Play Rough, and then switching to Rotom-W to tank the Aqua Jet. Fire Blast is for Scizor/Ferrothorn who often lead and are very annoying mid/late game. I like to put a big dent in them so they're much of less of hassle. In addition, Fire Blast nails Skarmory. I run a Naive nature to outspeed most other leads. Rough Skin is the chosen ability because it allows for sneaky KO's. Also, it lets Chomp get sacked while dealing extra damage if I need to sacrifice him. The trouble with lead chomp is that he's rendered ineffective offensively if Landorus-Therian leads because of the attack drop from intimidate. Terrikion leads can taunt before rocks can go up. Mamoswine can't stop Garchomp from getting off rocks, but Mamoswine checks a lot of my team and the pig won't be taking any damage from Garchomp due to priority. If you see any of these three pokemon on the opponent's team, don't hesitate to lead with Rotom-Wash who checks them. Garchomp is a very good pokemon that can find lots of opportunities to set-up Stealth Rock.

"I am honored to protect Sweeperella.
He's a great boss despite his frailness and cruelty.
However, I wish he'd switch into a mach punch for me...it'd make my job a little easier."

Big Trash (Tyranitar) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 120 Atk / 200 HP / 190 Def
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

-New EVs suggested by Frapafraf

My Tyranitar is a trapper, the big guy easily neuters foes on the switch (such as the lati twins, greninja, starmie). The EV spread allows for this particular Tar to switch into stealth rock after one of my mons has fallen to Excadrill and tank the Earthquake (and OHKO back with Earthquake). At full health, it can take an earthquake from Life Orb Mamoswine (94% of the time), and retaliate with a stone edge dealing 89-98% damage. The extra defensive bulk surprises opponents because T-Tar usually invests in Special Bulk not physical. In short, a banded Tar hurts like hell and really helps the team muscle through other pokemon. Also, Sand Stream sets up Excadrill for a short speed boost that often comes in handy mid-game. It's also great that Garchomp is immune to sandstorm damage because a 1% Chomp is still valuable. The perks of banded T-tar over the Scarf variant is the insane damage in general (and especially on pursuits). The custom EV spread is a mix of power and bulk. 391 HP, 367 Attack, 303 Defense, and 354 Defense (under sandstorm) are the stat totals.

"Sweeperella sucks my cock. Everyone sucks my cock. Everyone except T-Tar, Garchomp, and Excadrill."

Super Trash (Clefable) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind

- Soft-Boiled

Real Men use Life Orbs on their Clefables. But don't feel bad if you need to use leftovers...u pansy.

This thing is so fucking good it's unbelievable. He absorbs status like a boss, is immune to sandstorm/stealth rock, destroys stall, and gives no shits about sableye. He's a great replacement for Deoxys-S. Clefable is possibly even a better fit for my team then what I had beforehand. As for the foreseeable future, I can't really see this guy going anywhere. He patches up a few holes that the old version of Sweeperella's team had. Clefable sponges fighting attacks that Excadrill and T-Tar loathe in particular. The physically defensive variant can also tank a steel hit from a Bisharp/Excadrill/Scizor and retaliate with flamethrower.

Damage Calcs
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 320-377 (81.2 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 260-308 (65.9 - 78.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 188-224 (47.7 - 56.8%) -- 89.5% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 212-252 (53.8 - 63.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Enough said. Deo-S takes care of Scarfers such as Chomp and Terrakion which give my team trouble. He also outspeeds Greninja and Keldeo (two pains the ass IMO). Deo-S can can heavily damage the former by taking advantage of a protean type change. And he can and OHKO the latter. Deo-S is just so good in the meta right now it's not even funny. He's a perfect mid-game cleaner and the alien builds off the momentum built by Garchomp, Tyranitar, and Rotom.

"Poor Sweeperella! He's just so kind and frail!
Oh how I wish he was sturdy enough to switch into a Giga Drain!
B-But I'd never ask him too!"

Pivot Trash (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

In summary, Rotom is a simple defensive pivot. He switches in on an attack. Tanks it, and then switches out with a slow volt switch in order to keep momentum. EV spread is standard, 44 Speed allows me to outrun max speed Azumarill (and Mawile) by a point. This means I can burn belly drum azumarill (Or SD Mawile) and neuter the sweep. Rotom is also my primary answer to Mamoswine—a mon that really gives this team trouble without him. Rotom also counters talonflame who destroys Pinsir without breaking a sweat. In addition, Rotom checks Earthquake Pinsir, and can OHKO with volt switch on a Pinsir that has used Close Combat. In addition, his Will-o-Wisp scares the hell out of Pokemon like Scizor and Mawile. Very good mon just like last gen.

"No hazard shall touch Sweeperella's flawless skin!
He's simply too frail to endure the sting of spikes and stealth rock!
However...I'd appreciate it if he switched into an Earthquake for me. Just once ya know."

Spinning Trash (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
IVs: 31 Atk / 31 SAtk / 31 Spd
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Excadrill spins. He also gets a handy speed boost from T-Tar's Sand Stream so he can punch a few holes and or sweep. Not much else to say about him. I love Iron Head Flinchhax. Also, Air Balloon is for that oh so awesome ground immunity. Since the only Gliscor you really see in OU is Sub-Tox, I just throw this thing in its face to force a switch. Excadrill also checks Thundurus and Talonflame while under sandstorm.

"I'm just too frail for this meta.
Why can't those dumbasses move me down to RU?
I feel so frickin' faint right now. Geez, can someone strong and muscular hold me?"

Sweeperella (Pinsir) (M) @ Pinsirite <- Your win condition is gay, bro.
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

The sweeper himself, and the frailest bug in the entire OU. Pinsir is just far too weak to endure any attack *sarcasm*. The goal of his teammates is to weaken the opposing team so much that all he has to do is cleanup without taking a hit. Return is used over Frustration because all the dittos know that trick by now. Also, such a kind and sweet person like Sweeperella would never get angry. Finally, Hyper Cutter is the the ability of choice in order to block the stat-drop from intimidate switch ins. Pinsir is the main answer to Mega Venuscuntface on this team.

Earthquake vs. Close Combat. Read this post by SoulRed12 because it beautifully answers what Pinsir trades-off on for running EQ over CC or vise-versa.

Pinsir usually wants to come out on something it can force out for a free +2 on the switch. That means TTar dies to EQ even if it comes in safely. As for Skarm, the tiny bit of extra damage from +2 CC (It only does 10% more than Return. No, really.) means nothing because Skarm can then OHKO MPinsir with Brave Bird thanks to that -1 defense. Frankly Skarm should be completely dealt with before ever even considering starting a MPinsir sweep. Also, +2 Return OHKOs Air Balloon Excadrill, and Mega Gyarados dies to Return even at +1.

So the only OHKOs MPinsir really loses by running EQ over CC are on PhDef Ferro (+2 Return OHKOs SpDef) and SpDef Rotom-W (even +2 CC won't OHKO PhDef, in fact it struggles to do 75%, and +2 Return 2HKOs anyway. In return, PhDef and SpDef Rotom can't OHKO with Volt Switch until the defense drop from CC). Incidentally, if Pinsir really wants to kill PhDef Rotom-W, the only way to do it is for it to run Mold Breaker + EQ, get an SD on the switch, and kill Rotom before mega evolving. Not that MB is necessarily a good choice just for that; I'm just pointing out if Pinsir wants to OHKO PhDef Rotom, EQ is the only way to do it.

On the other hand, Mega Mawile is not OHKOd by +2 CC, but is OHKOd by even +1 EQ. +0 EQ of course OHKOs Heatran (just like +0 CC OHKOs TTar). Not to mention, MPinsir gets to kill everything else it would use CC for except SpDef Rotom-W and PhDef Ferrothorn without worrying about the defense drop which renders him more and more vulnerable to revenging in general but especially priority revenging such as from Sucker Punch. Being guaranteed to be able to tank a sucker punch from Bisharp because he's at +0 rather than -1 or -2 defenses, for example, removes the need for Quick Attack vs. EQ/CC mind games.

So in summary, by running CC, MPinsir gets the ability to OHKO 1) Tyranitar at +0, 2) Physically Defensive Ferrothorn at +2, 3) Specially Defensive/Bulky Rotom at +2.
By running EQ, MPinsir gets the ability to OHKO 1) Heatran at +0, 2) Heatran, TTar, and Bisharp without def drops, 3) Mega Mawile even at +1 (CC won't OHKO until +3).
All other things are essentially the same. IMO, EQ has enough merits to make it at the very least a genuine tradeoff.

Importable

Sweeperella (Pinsir) (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance

Big Trash (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 120 Atk / 200 HP / 190 Def
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Super Trash (Clefable) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Pivot Trash (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split

Dragon Trash (Garchomp) (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Spinning Trash (Excadrill) (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Sweeperella quotes

"It's not a win unless I'm still alive!"

"Garchomp, Rotom, Deo-S, Ditto, Excadrill, and Tyranitar are complete trash. But don't you dare talk shit about them, they're my trash."

"God damn, it's so hard being this sexy. Everywhere I go, some creep is trying to jab me with his stealth rock. "

"My opinion on STAB Thundercock? Shit so good I'm done in one. *fans self* Holy Shuckle."

Last edited:
yeah ttars evs arent very good, he would much rather be able to outspeed bisharp and mawiles, I recommend just maxing speed and attack for a banded ttar set. you have other ways to handle excadrill.

And I will give you a better deoxys set imo

Deoxys-Speed @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 180 SAtk / 76 Atk
Naive Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Ice Beam
- Psycho Boost

These are really nice evs, still lets you outspeed all the relevant scarfers, but this set OHKos things like excadrill, while still getting all the OHKOs of the other set. Low kick is nice for not getting drops, but honestly superpower is worth it.

Last edited:
yeah ttars evs arent very good, he would much rather be able to outspeed bisharp and mawiles, I recommend just maxing speed and attack for a banded ttar set. you have other ways to handle excadrill.

And I will give you a better deoxys set imo

Deoxys-Speed @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 180 SAtk / 76 Atk
Naive Nature
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- Ice Beam
- Psycho Boost

These are really nice evs, still lets you outspeed all the relevant scarfers, but this set OHKos things like excadrill, ttar, mamoswine while still getting all the OHKOs of the other set. Low kick is nice for not getting drops, but honestly superpower is worth it.
Thanks I'll give the alternate Deoxys-S a try on my alternate account and get used to it! Although my TTar EV's are unorthodox, they really do come in handy. 'll give yours a shot on my alt though. But physically bulky t-tar has saved me a bunch.

For your ttar's ev's it would be more efficient to run an adamant nature and move some attacks EV's into defence.

Awesome concept :) "No hazard shall touch Sweeperella's flawless skin!" I find it more epic this way....lol

By the way Tyranitar with an Adamant nature and with this EV spread HP:200 Atk:120 Def:190 has the same attack with more bulk than before

Now:
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 200 HP / 190 Def Tyranitar: 248-294 (63.4 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
120+ Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 202-238 (50 - 58.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
Before:
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 106 HP / 152+ Def Tyranitar: 234-276 (63.7 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 202-238 (50 - 58.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
Everything changed.....

Last edited:
Awesome concept :) "No hazard shall touch Sweeperella's flawless skin!" I find it more epic this way....lol

By the way Tyranitar with an Adamant nature and with this EV spread HP:200 Atk:120 Def:190 has the same attack with more bulk then before

Now:
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 200 HP / 190 Def Tyranitar: 248-294 (63.4 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
120+ Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 202-238 (50 - 58.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
Before:
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 106 HP / 152+ Def Tyranitar: 234-276 (63.7 - 75.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 202-238 (50 - 58.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage
Everything changed.....
Thanks I'll change it to your suggested spread!

Greetings Scarfed Raptor! I will start by saying that you have a wonderful offense team here. I was wondering how outrage is working for you vs dragon claw. I am asking because your Garchomp is a good lead backed by fire blast, which is a nice niche for Skarmory and Ferrothorn. I personally feel as if outrage is counter predictive if not pairing it with swords dance(bar choice scarf). You also have four evs missing on Garchomp.

How are you liking pain split/leftovers vs rest/chesto berry? I would also put 0 atk ivs on Rotom-w to take less damage from foul play. I would also switch return for frustration on Pinsir for scarfed dittos.

I feel as if your Deoxys set is perfect the way it looks. I would use 252 Spatk and dump the rest into speed. Not sure if you're worried about speed tying other Deo-S.

Overall, this is a solid rmt and not much to say other than above. Best of luck to you. I'll post again if I note any weaknesses for you.

Edit: Mixed Thundurus can be a burden for your team if sand isn't up and Deo isn't around. HP Ice / Thunderbolt / Superpower hurts the team quit a bit. Although, you have a few checks, just be careful.

Hey scarfedraptor, this is definitely a great team you have here. Sand rush exca is definitely one of the best late game cleaners in the meta right now, and sash breloom is a force to be reckoned with. However, there are a few suggestions I have for the team. First off, i see quite a large weakness to rp sheerforce landorous if the team is slightly weakened, as hell just clean house. For this reason, i think you might want to change rotom's spread to a specially defensive spread, avoiding the 2hko from landorus' psychic and all other moves:

252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus Psychic vs. 252 HP / 214+ SpD Rotom-W: 109-129 (35.8 - 42.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

I think you can afford to make this change because ttar already handles tflame pretty well. You would certainly have to watch out for u-turn, but even without the defense evs rotom can still make for a backup check. Secondly, I feel as though mixed lure tyranitar might fit your team better. He lures out skarmory and lando t and pummels them with fireblast and icebeam, respectively, in order to pave the way for an excadrill or pinsir sweep. I feel as though he accomplishes a similar task as your current tyranitar set, which is wall breaking like a boss. You can also still run rockslide and pursuit to trap threats and threaten talonflame. This is still a great team, and that is clearly evidenced by your ladder peak. Congrats!

You might wanna try ice punch over crunch on Tartar giving you a way to surprise gliscor and Lando if deoxys S goes down and you already have some dark coverage in the form of pursuit.

Have you tried Feint > Quick attack on Pinsir? + 2 priority can really help. Also consider frustration > return to screw over some dittos.

...Wow, this has to be one of my favourite teams I've seen. It looks so initially unpredictable, look at the preview and people will likely think you're leading off with your Deo-S or maybe your T-tar and you pile the shock pressure on with a Garchomp which anyone would guess is scarfed given how there's so many other things you have to set up rocks, it's hard for an opponent to tell what does what till after half their team have died... Really, it's just a fantastic set. One thing I've noticed though, you're running shit-heavy on the physically offensive side with the only special attackers being Rotom-W (who's not the most offensive of folk), 50% of your Doe-S and a Skarmory/Ferrothorn exclusive Fire Blast on Garchomp. How's it really working out for you in that regard? It's not bad I don't think, it's clearly still gotten you far (I wouldn't really even know what mons or sets to switch anyway), I just want to know if it's caused you any difficulty when dealing with physical tanks or walls?

Last edited:
...Wow, this has to be one of my favourite teams I've seen. It looks so initially unpredictable, look at the preview and people will likely think you're leading off with your Deo-S or maybe your T-tar and you pile the shock pressure on with a Garchomp which anyone would guess is scarfed given how there's so many other things you have to set up rocks, it's hard for an opponent to tell what does what till after half their team have died... Really, it's just a fantastic set. One thing I've noticed though, you're running shit-heavy on the physically offensive side with the only special attackers being Rotom-W (who's not the most offensive of folk), 50% of your Doe-S and a Skarmory/Ferrothorn exclusive Fire Blast on Garchomp. How's it really working out for you in that regard? It's not bad I don't think, it's clearly still gotten you far (I wouldn't really even know what mons or sets to switch anyway), I just want to know if it's caused you any difficulty when dealing with physical tanks or walls?
Hippo is really the only standard physical wall this team has trouble dealing with if I play smart. Also, if Unaware Clefable is baton passed Defense boosts then that gets super annoying too. If I only had room to squeeze toxic on Rotom, I think all my troubles would be dealth with. But he absolutely needs those 4 moves.

I suggest always smooth rock on tyranitar, although I do not understand why you don't have chose mega Garchomp to solve problems with some Wall. Prankdurus destroys TTar with superpowe and some Excadrill if the sandstorm ends, Physically defensive rotom and Pinsir... 4 / 6 pokemon beaten by an electric type pokemon in a team based on the sandstorm. I do not understand the choice of Pinsir for your team, if you're scared by Chesnaught and / or Venusaur, Latios or Latias always prefer to deal with them. And then also can get rotom and make out much of your team ....

Because Pinsir is the primary sweeper the team is based around. It's not intended to be a Sandstorm team but an SpDEF buff for T-tar with Sandstream is always convenient, as is a speed boost for Excadrill, but that's all the sand is there for, convenience. T-tar is also mainly a wallbreaker anyway so Pinsir won't be seeing the light of day till Godzilla's done his job, at that point Pinsir shouldn't be suffering too much sand damage and will be free to finish the opponent's remainder team off.

Hey man I got to say this team looks phenomenal. Th only suggestion I could make is running 240 speed Evs on the deoxys since that is all that is needed to outspeed scarfchomp and there is no point in risking a speed tie against other deoxys since your team already handles them well enough.

I've ran into a few Sableye using this, and I'm wondering, how do you manage to kill it without it crippling most of your team?

Other than that, I think your team is amazing.

Last edited:
I've ran into a few Sableye using this, and I'm wondering, how do you manage to kill it without it crippling most of your team?

Other than that, I think your team is amazing.

Absolutely i've been using it in a couple games and reliable will-o-wisp users give the team trouble in general. Any suggestions? I can't think of what to add/remove.

Absolutely i've been using it in a couple games and reliable will-o-wisp users give the team trouble in general. Any suggestions? I can't think of what to add/remove.
Yeah Sableye is a huge threat. The thing I hate is that to beat it I usually have to lead with Pinsir and choose between Return or Swords Dance and my opponent has choose whether to taunt or will-o-wisp. It all comes down to 50/50. Its the one thing this team really struggles with.

Yeah Sableye is a huge threat. The thing I hate is that to beat it I usually have to lead with Pinsir and choose between Return or Swords Dance and my opponent has choose whether to taunt or will-o-wisp. It all comes down to 50/50. Its the one thing this team really struggles with.
Yeah im pretty sure your last team had a problem with sableye too XD. You could maybe used a mixed lead garchomp, because if they have a sableye IM sure they would lead with it, because it rapes your team. Then you could nail it with a strong draco meteor from chomp and potentiall KO it next turn. Just a suggestion though.

I've been using a variation of this team on PO and it's done fairly well, got up to about 1540 (between rank 20-30) on a good run of match-ups. Haven't used T-tar very much before; it was super strong but I just didn't know how to play it right and was getting crushed by stall cores like mandibuzz/mega-venusaur or chansey/skarm. So I replaced T-tar with sub-mixed Kyurem-B, and woah, stall is way more manageable now. It shuts down pokes like chansey, venusaur, skarm, quag, gliscor, mandibuzz and rotom-w. It has similar weaknesses to t-tar and a couple handy resists in water-grass-electric. You just have to get it in without being statused and you're set to wreck stuff! Obviously without T-tar sand-rush on excadrill became pretty useless, so I changed it to scarfed mold-breaker.

Oddly enough a huge annoyance to this team is Umbreon (which seems to be around a bit more now). Foul play wrecks everything except rotom-w, which can't do any damage back anyway, and wish/protect makes it hard to wear down. The team's only super effective move against it is super-power from deo-s, which only does about 50% so it just wishes and foul plays; deo-s dead and umbreon back to full. Maybe banded t-tar could take it on, but umbreon could probably stall out stone edge PP. I've found the best way to beat it is to let something die to it (usually Kyurem-B), but have umbreon at around 40%, that way pinsir or deo-s can revenge kill.

With scarfed drill you have to watch out for letting Bisharp getting up an sd if you lock yourself into anything but eq. If it gets up an sd it's pretty much gg, so sometimes if I see it I'll try and save chomp's sash.

Love the team man, thanks for posting it =]

Hello There,

I've been using this team with a Scarfed Ditto instead of Deoxys-s, it picks off a lot of would be problems and has the added potential to sweep using your opponents sweepers:

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 Def / 248 HP / 8 SDef
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def (the IV spread is geared to target hidden power users, like thundurus)
- Transform

ALL CREDIT GOES TO Emmy2 For this Set (it came from her RMT)

Nope I'm being very serious lol, we all know Deo-S is getting banned and I need a replacement.
I helped?! Woot! do I get a cookie?

But in all seriousness, I've had my ditto do the "Anti-sweep" then proceed to sweep the other players team with the likes of: Mega garchomp, Azumarill (more times than I can count, especially the BD set), Mega-Pinsir (although this shouldn't be a threat to this team) Zard-x, Thundurus and anything that use dragon dance (since most of them have moves that are SE against their own type). its a matter of looking at the rest of the opponents team and choosing intelligently which move to be locked into. remember imposter copies everything (including stat changes and mega evolutions). You have not experience terror until you've seen a Scarfed +2 Mega Pinsir.

Last edited:
I think I've settled on a permanent replacement for Deo-S. Life Orb Magic Guard Clefable fills the position of special attacker, status absorber, stallbreaker, and gives no shits about Foul Play. I don't think my team can really improve much beyond this, synergy wise. So it's time to close the book on this squad I believe.

Now I need to start working on Sweeperella is a Wet B1tch. lol

Last edited:

pj

is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Hi,
I tried this team in ou it works well and i think Clefable is good with Leftovers i think than life orb i ussually to Calm Mind X2 and then attack it works well and i get leftovers as my recovery and its working wellso i would suggest Leftovers over Life Orb

Hey, I love your team, and I wanted to use a lead Garchomp in mine. But I wanted to run it with Rocky Helmet. So I want to know, how often do you find Focus Sash useful? Is it worth it?

Hey, I love your team, and I wanted to use a lead Garchomp in mine. But I wanted to run it with Rocky Helmet. So I want to know, how often do you find Focus Sash useful? Is it worth it?
Focus Sash is an amazing tool on Garchomp because it allows you to nearly always set up Stealth Rock, or it allows you to smack the opposing anti-lead (for example, Thundurus or Mega Manectric) with a surprise move. Many games I have won because an opposing Thundurus used Hidden Power Ice and then was smacked by a STAB Outrage afterwards and died.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)