Sticky Sword/Shield Sprite Project

Kalalokki

just popping in
is a member of the Site Staffis a Top Smogon Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator

leparagon

supertasks with sprites
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
Rolycoly has already been completed as a sprite, neither of those you shown are sprites, and the animation is just a static image moving in a pattern. I suggest you check out previous entries to get a feel on what spriting and animating such is.
thank you for replying to him Kalalokki. i just want to reiterate to anyone who wants to post stuff to read the first post about applying to be a spriter/animator. if you're gonna apply then you have to actually know what a sprite is and what an animation for a sprite looks like. and obviously don't post if i haven't approved you as a contributor

anyway here's an update:
duraludonb.png
rolycolyb.png
drednaw.gif
Drednaw animation by PumpkinPastel who's also working on the Alcremie and Giga Alcremie sprites

leparagon

supertasks with sprites
update! sprites for Gigamax Alcremie and Drednaw. Giga Alcremie by PumpkinPastel, he's still revising regular Alcremie
alcremie_2.png
drednaw_2.png
i decided that following the poses of the official art for these gigamax forms will help give the sprites a larger and more imposing stance. it makes it feel like you're looking up at the pokemon sprites rather than directly at them

anyway, the next update will prolly be backsprites for the legendaries and the gigamax sprite for Corviknight
spreadsheet has been updated as wewll

I just want to start off by saying the Gigantamax sprites look awesome. That being said, is there really no way to make an exception for sprite limits, maybe in the vein of Pokestar Studios? I just... don't feel the Gigantamaxism of those sprites. Gigantamax Alcreime is barely taller than non-Mega Evolved Pokemon.

Would a size like this be workable? It's still Gen V, and I believe it would really show how big these Pokemon change into.
Talk it over, just my opinion after all. I just feel the sprites, while amazing, are small.

leparagon

supertasks with sprites
Would a size like this be workable? It's still Gen V, and I believe it would really show how big these Pokemon change into.
im aware of the pokestudio sprites. I already asked for other options before we began the Gigantamax sprites. so no we're sticking with 96x96. the sprites already maximize the canvas so that when they increase the size in the simulator it looks as big as possible. it's like what they did with Totem sprites except these gigantamax ones fill out the canvas more

Perhaps you could add the swirling red clouds on the gigantamax sprites.
no red clouds. I also surveyed for that and no one wanted the clouds on it. plus clouds would increase the number of colours whether or not they fit in the canvas. and adding the clouds would also entail adding the red aura. Alcremie already has 16 colours after it was reduced. it originally had more

I want people to know that I already weighed the possibilities and asked for alternatives. whatever you guys see here is what we make of the limitations we have

Wow, I'm amazed at the Gigantamax sprites! Fitting that much detail in to 96x96 must have been no easy feat. Alcremie in particular must have been a nightmare with all of its colours and patterns. Drednaw literally looks perfect as well. :D

And the animated Drednaw's so cool! I'm amazed we've got an animated sprite so quickly, and that it looks so slick and lifelike already. Well done everyone! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)