Sticky Smogon Sprite Project

G.E.Z.

formerly Grand Emperor of Zelron
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
In this thread, we'll be creating BW-styled sprites for all the Generation 8 Pokémon and beyond, which will be used in Pokemon Showdown should players choose the BW Sprite option. These sprites are also free for use as long as the spriter or the project itself is credited.

If you are looking for other Generations, you can find them as follows:
Generation 6
Generation 7

Applications are currently closed. If you have any queries however, please DM G.E.Z. Sprites from non-approved users will be deleted.

Here is a spreadsheet of the finished Gen 8 sprites.

Here is a spreadsheet of the finished Gen 9 sprites.
Here is a download link for all currently finished sprites. The file sizes of the sprites have been reduced in the download–This download link only has generation 8 sprites prior to Legends: Arceus.
For GBA-sized sprites with the same style, check the Gen VII+ DS-Style Sprite Project.

For the sake of transparency, these sprites are free for non-profit use.

leParagon

I'm still around, don't worry
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
here's the other legendary
zacian.png

since Zacian was shown holding its sword in a very specific direction, i decided to go with this pose. anyway, some official Pokemon sprites like Entei did the same thing. however i have prepared an alternate Zacian sprite if ever, in the future, it is shown to alternate the way it holds its sword

the trailer also showed Zacian and Zamazenta using a sort of "phase form". they seem similar to Solgaleo's radiant sun and Lunala's full moon phases. i'll be making sprites for them even tho we aren't sure yet if these affect their stats or are just for show

leParagon

update! here's drednaw
drednaw.png

also,
zacian_2.png
889_3.png
these are the special formes/phases shown in the trailer. didn't add the glow anymore because it would look weird as a sprite and i don't wanna unnecessarily break the colour limit. if any clearer artwork is ever released for these formes, i might replace these sprites. but this is it for now

leParagon

update! 2 new mons revealed. also got some backsprites for the previous sprites
yamper.png
Yamper front originally by Crocovyle (our new spriter for the project) with some qc from me
yamperb.png
wooloo_1b.png
gossifleurb.png
impidimpb.png
Wooloo backsprite originally by KingOfThe-X-Roads with some qc from me

Last edited:

leParagon

should Gossifleur's flower hat on the back sprite be tilted more to match the front
thanks for the feedback. Gossifleur's back has now been updated. i also removed an extra finger on Impidimp and made new sprites for the starters. everything on the spreadsheet is now up to date

I haven't really heard anyone talking about this so, It looks like Sword and Shield are carrying over the menu sprite style from Let's Go, giving larger Pokémon, Lucario ain't big but not important, large sprites. But wait! This is also given to Galar Pokémon, so we need to make sprites for them, like Melmetal in the Gen 7 Sprite Project. Greeeaaat.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)