Resource SwSh OU Bazaar

for the lolz mostly, but you do want dark STAB to beat Slowbro, Reuniclus and a 0HKO on Aegislash. It's also something more spammable than 80% Stone Edge, and this covers Lando without having to lock into an ice move.
nvm, didnt see that you hadt got crunch too, then it makes sence

Scarf Fini Volt Turn

Misty Terrain + HDB abuse, makes the team effectively immune to most forms of passive chip, while whittling down things for Chomp or Zeraora to break through. Zeraora and Dragapult are some of the naturally fastest mons in the tier, and do a fantastic job at sniping down or crippling key targets, while Rillaboom heals off the small passive chip that those 2 may take, while also offering great wallbreaking and revenge killing. Scarf Fini is amazing here, as Misty Terrain protects the team against annoying status, while dealing a surprising amount of damage to weaken the likes of Dragapult, Clefable etc, and a timely Trick really causes defensive backbones to fall apart, allowing Garchomp to get a very easy SD for free.

Edit 04/10: Updated sets for the current format

Last edited:

Ox the Fox

is a Tiering Contributorwon the 8th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Smogon Charity Bowl IV Winner
team dump of some teams I've used in top ladder/SPL recently:

:Clefable::Zapdos::Weavile::Garchomp::Dragapult::Ferrothorn: https://pokepast.es/e6b164613ca901fe - favorite team right now and used it in SPL last week. Uses a really cool modest clefable set that FlamingVictini gave me the idea of that nukes a lot of switch ins extremely hard. Defensive backbone of zapdos garchomp ferro is really hard to break past, pult is great speed control, and weav is a great lategame cleaner.
:Dragapult::Garchomp::Ninetales-Alola::Tornadus-Therian::Tapu Lele::Melmetal:: https://pokepast.es/50fb1e5a72a75523 - my take on veil offense that primarily relies on DD pult + SD chomp's synergy to break apart teams. Scarf lele and custap melmetal are both speed control and icy wind NP tornt is a great balance breaker.
:Magnezone::Slowking-Galar::Kartana::Tapu Fini::Landorus-Therian::Dragapult: https://pokepast.es/854380fecff3119f - variation of a team I used in SPL 2 weeks ago that I think is better than what I brought. Pretty standard team, magnezone traps steels so kartana and dragapult can break better. Lando-t and fini are a great defensive backbone that also benefit from steels being trapped.
:Tapu Bulu::Heatran::Landorus-Therian::Grimmsnarl::Dragapult::Tornadus-Therian: https://pokepast.es/de2f9461db444572 - team I built with HYper around Tapu Bulu + Heatran. CB grimm is a really cool tech that counters dragapult + is able to cripple mons with priority trick and thunder wave. Sub DD pult is a great lategame sweeper that's able to clean up easily especially with grimm tricking stuff like clefable and toxapex. NP defog tornt is there to help break fatter teams + provide defog.
:Bisharp::Tapu Koko::Heatran::Garchomp::Rillaboom::Tornadus-Therian: https://pokepast.es/4947fc5bbffd05f9 - really fun nature power heatran team that has both u-turn koko + rillaboom so you can position yourself for either thunderbolt or energy ball. Team is weak as fuck to kyurem so you can run clef/scizor over bisharp if you want but I like bisharp here as it helps break fat + gives a ghost resist.

Hey Tesse, seeing as you are new to Smogon something you should know is teams after gen 4 dont have a designated lead. Instead, you pick your lead based on the matchup. Hope this helps :)
Yeah but he can still ask which mon you are usually supposed to lead with and in which scenarios not to etc. Every team still has its default "lead"

Yeah but he can still ask which mon you are usually supposed to lead with and in which scenarios not to etc. Every team still has its default "lead"
Not every team really does have a default lead. It's common on Hyper Offense, and Toxapex often leads on stall teams, but balance teams not always so much. However, if you really are ever in doubt, it's usually always pretty good to lead with a rocker (chomp) or a fast U-turner (Dragapult).

Katy

Banned deucer.
Megahorn Terrakion BO w FuturePort Slowking and Scarf Trick Gengar

:Landorus-Therian: :Corviknight: :Terrakion: :Slowking: :zeraora: :gengar:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 30 Spe
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Brave Bird

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Megahorn

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Trick
this team is built around megahorn terrakion and scarf gengar, but to kick things off: landorus-t is the stealth rocks user and carries stealth rocks + knock off with u-turn, it can check common pokemon such as tapu koko and zeraora and ground-types such as garchomp. corviknight is the 2nd member with the ability to check tapu lele and kartana as well as rillaboom, which are highly annoying for this team. its is also the defogger. terrakion carries megahorn to lure in tangrowth and rillaboom to dish out hefty damage on them. the other 2 options are its dual stab and work exceptionally well with futureport support gifted by slowking which also helps checking troublesome psychic-types for it such as tapu lele and latios. zeraora is a great pivot in the metagame with access to plasma fists, volt switch, close combat, and knock off. the team gets rounded up by choice scarf trick gengar with its 2 dual stabs and focus blast to hit hydreigon and weavile. however this team is a little bit dragapult weak so conserving gengar and zeraora which outpace dragapult is mandatory for the success of this team.

Nidoking Grass Spam

Nidoking Grass Spam.png

Nidoking (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 84 HP / 248 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Close Combat
- Horn Leech
- Stone Edge

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 108 HP / 172 Atk / 136 SpD / 92 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Crunch
- Rock Blast
- Ice Punch

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Defog

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Nature Power

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off
Nidoking is quite the threatening ‘mon if given an opportunity to fire off its expansive movepool. However, it’s a bit slower than other breakers, and normally can’t stare down foes it would otherwise OHKO, especially Ground-types with Earthquake. To shore this up, we utilize Grassy Terrain from Tapu Bulu. The only OU-common Earthquake users that Nidoking can’t face without Grassy Terrain are Garchomp (who still has a chance to OHKO) and Swampert (whose SpDef build is unthreatened by Nidoking’s coverage). CB Tapu Bulu can help handle both of these threats, and its Fairy-typing provides a Dragon immunity, stopping Scale Shots. Horn Leech also increases Bulu’s longevity in a match, allowing for more consistent Terrain presence. Tyranitar is the Stealth Rocker, with a bit of a bulky-offense style EV spread. The bulk allows you to survive two consecutive (with the SpA drop) Draco Meteors from Specs Kyurem/Latios from full health. The Atk investment lets you OHKO bulk-uninvested Garchomp with Ice Punch (You can afford to stay in on a non-SD boosted Earthquake with Grassy Terrain up), as well as beat Kyurem with a 3-hit Rock Blast after Stealth Rock damage. I dumped the remaining EVs into speed, but really, Ttar can be tailored for the match-ups you see fit. Zapdos defogs and pivots with Volt Switch, letting Nidoking onto the field freely. It also defends against some of Nidoking’s offensive counterplay, like Rillaboom and Excadrill. Heatran acts a stallbreaker of sorts with Taunt, and pairs beautifully with Tapu Bulu, having a perfect defensive type-combination. Nature Power is the heat of the set, turning into Energy Ball in Grassy Terrain to catch things like Slowbro/Urshifu-R on the switch. This option might not always be available, but it’s nice to have when conditions line up, and the Power Herb/Solar Beam set isn’t really needed with multiple Grass-type attackers on the team. Kartana acts as speed control/cleaner, and yet another beneficiary of Grassy Terrain. Physically-defensive ‘mons like Corviknight and certain Ferro-Pex cores can stop a Kartana sweep, but are all easy pickings for Nidoking. On the flip-side, Nidoking can stuggle with Special walls like Chansey/Blissey/Slowking, which Kartana can capitalize on, barring certain coverage options from the latter.

hey i just made it to semis in todays stour and after getting tossed by eeveeto I wanted to share the team I used for all 6 of my rounds

:tapu koko: :nidoking: :slowking: :weavile: :dragonite: :heatran:

nidoking + weavile offense

Been watching SPL replays of people like Luthier making pretty good use of Koko + Nido and thought it looked pretty strong so I put it together. Essentially the team just has a lot of different ways to make progress with double pivoting moves, an offensive breaker in nidoking, bit of a stallbreaker in heatran, and two setup sweepers in Weavile + Dragonite. Originally I was using Band Weavile after watching Lord Enz beat flcl with it pretty solidly in OST, but found that Weavile forces so many switches that SD was too good to pass up. Dragonite is a bit of a bulkier mon & ground immune, figured it had pretty good synergy originally and haven't been proved wrong really.

Team struggles against water/grounds a bit but other than that have been really pleased with today's run & going like 30-0 on ladder. Not claiming to be an expert builder but team's a lot of fun and I won't use it again most likely so give it a try if you'd like.

260MS8.png146MS8.png248MS8.png530MS8.png786MS8.png591MS8.png
click me

Can't say for sure if this team is amazing as I myself am not great, but this got me to my peak of around 1550 for the first time. Built it myself using Smogon sets and popular cores, with a few changes as I used it. Originally had Mag instead of Lele.

Swampert is there for defensive synergy with Moltres. Bit of a weak member of the team, but it's the rock setter, status spreader, and gives momentum with slow turn. Moltres pairs well with Exca and Lele, denying steel types and burning strong physical attackers. Tyranitar's incredibly strong banded STAB slaughters anything not fully physically defensive, with Edge 2HKOing defensive Corviknight after rocks. Excadrill is the premier sweeper, and the only speed control of the team, with powerful STAB, SD for setup, and Rapid Spin for keeping the sweep going after Sand ends. Lele is the wallbreaker, capable of forcing 50/50 switches with its STABs. Finally, Amongus carries Clear Smog for set-up sweepers, Regenerator for momentum, and A: spore for giving yourself a free turn, and B: toxic for other defensive Pokemon.

Biggest problem Pokemon are Garchomp, Zapdos-Galar, certain Rain teams, and Tangrowth. They either force difficult predictions or are very hard for me to shut down once they're going.

HYpertonix

OUPL Champion
team dump of some teams I've used in top ladder/SPL recently:

:Clefable::Zapdos::Weavile::Garchomp::Dragapult::Ferrothorn: https://pokepast.es/e6b164613ca901fe - favorite team right now and used it in SPL last week. Uses a really cool modest clefable set that FlamingVictini gave me the idea of that nukes a lot of switch ins extremely hard. Defensive backbone of zapdos garchomp ferro is really hard to break past, pult is great speed control, and weav is a great lategame cleaner.
:Dragapult::Garchomp::Ninetales-Alola::Tornadus-Therian::Tapu Lele::Melmetal:: https://pokepast.es/50fb1e5a72a75523 - my take on veil offense that primarily relies on DD pult + SD chomp's synergy to break apart teams. Scarf lele and custap melmetal are both speed control and icy wind NP tornt is a great balance breaker.
:Magnezone::Slowking-Galar::Kartana::Tapu Fini::Landorus-Therian::Dragapult: https://pokepast.es/854380fecff3119f - variation of a team I used in SPL 2 weeks ago that I think is better than what I brought. Pretty standard team, magnezone traps steels so kartana and dragapult can break better. Lando-t and fini are a great defensive backbone that also benefit from steels being trapped.
:Tapu Bulu::Heatran::Landorus-Therian::Grimmsnarl::Dragapult::Tornadus-Therian: https://pokepast.es/de2f9461db444572 - team I built with HYper around Tapu Bulu + Heatran. CB grimm is a really cool tech that counters dragapult + is able to cripple mons with priority trick and thunder wave. Sub DD pult is a great lategame sweeper that's able to clean up easily especially with grimm tricking stuff like clefable and toxapex. NP defog tornt is there to help break fatter teams + provide defog.
:Bisharp::Tapu Koko::Heatran::Garchomp::Rillaboom::Tornadus-Therian: https://pokepast.es/4947fc5bbffd05f9 - really fun nature power heatran team that has both u-turn koko + rillaboom so you can position yourself for either thunderbolt or energy ball. Team is weak as fuck to kyurem so you can run clef/scizor over bisharp if you want but I like bisharp here as it helps break fat + gives a ghost resist.
wheres the mr rime god squad. give the people what they want.

edit: everything good about the grimmsnarl team was my idea. grimm. jolly bulu. even the pult. ox insisted on shoving defog on torn. the trans fast for no reason - ox's idea.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/6742d9a6e677b1ae
Hello all! This is my first post. I want to show a team that i made inspired by Redeon video "Playing Fake Stall On Pokemon Showdown Ladder"
I tried to make an offensive team. The center of this team is Skarmory. With Weak Armor, it can outspeed most of the meta (since scarf Dragapult its not a thing). When you expect something like U-Turn, or just a physical move that does not a lot of damage to it, use SD and proceed to "sweep" if i can say that. Celesteela with Skull Bash increases it's high defense and hits hard.
You may be wondering why does Slowking-Galar haves EQ. Well, it's because it can do it better agnaist the foes Slowking-Galar (if theres one). Zapdos hits so hard with its moves, and can be the pivot with VS, it's so viable on most of the matchs. Quagsire it's a beast. With Unaware can stop some things like DD Dragapult, or QD Volcarona. Ferrothorn it's my lead on most of the matchs. It can resist a fire-type attack with its berry and attack, or you can just do SD on the first turn and hit hard to the foe.

Katy

Banned deucer.
Flamethrower Clefable feat Life Orb Superpower Hydreigon and Grass Knot Glowking

:landorus-therian: :hydreigon: :slowking-galar: :tapu koko: :clefable: :tornadus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power
- Superpower
- Roost

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpA / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Grass Knot

Tapu Koko @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- U-turn
- Roost

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

this team is built with some lures to lure in pokemon, which are recently on a rise (again) like scizor, blissey, and furthermore it can lure in although not as common anymore swampert, and hippowdon. the stealth rock setter for this team is landorus-t as it does an excellent job at setting them. it can also pivot out with u-turn. its counterpart aka defogger is tornadus-t, as with regenerator and u-turn it fills that role perfectly. as this team is built with mostly special attackers i had to put in a lure for blissey and life orb hydreigon with superpower can cleanly 2HKO it. glowking has grass knot, as this team struggles otherwise with bulky ground-types such as swampert and hippowdon, and it a perfect way to force hippo to use slack off when it gets hit upon the switch, specially defensive clefable can check dragapult and with flamethrower it can help luring in scizor. tapu koko is a great pivot in general and is really great in the current meta and great check to opposing tornadus-t and moreover lucha and g-zapdos.​

Recent ou meta is really cool and fun to teambuild in, so I built a lot of stuff for the meta. Sharing what I used in friendlies / ladder or just tested in builder without games (lol)

lifeless soul

Double dragon fat with breaker Crawdaunt. Pult + Crawdaunt seemed super interesting because I've seen a team or two with the same concept and played around with it in builder. 2 Steels + Defensive Lando is a good core with Spikes to pressure defensive mons. Don't enjoy the removal on this version of the team but Kyurem is able to swiftly 6-0 types of teams, which is cool.

lifeless soul v2

Removal is a bit better because toxic-less defensive lando is pretty bad IMO, so I replaced Kyurem with defensive Zapdos. Team is a little fatter but it stays true to the objective and allows Crawdaunt to break in the near future of every game with enough support.

end of an era

Spdef SD Scizor + itemless Pex stall. Itemless pex loses the merit of chipping down physically offensive breakers, but this team needed a hard Weavile counter which is fantastic. Kinda standard stuff overall, but this is one of my favorite stall builds. SpDef EVs on Quagsire allow me to stand a bit of a chance vs Heatran but my matchup vs. that and Kartana still sucks. Play carefully with those two and don't let Heatran in for free, or click x. Status-less bliss and the regen longevity is pretty bad but the defensive core stays strong in most situations. Heatran > Blissey is an option to easen the pult matchup better because it's super weak to that currently.

pyramid scheme

Super standard sand, I hated the kart matchup so the most obvious thing to do was add tang + corv to ease the matchup, Heatran is a little annoying but hard ttar is an option for this matchup.

Last edited:

Triple Water Stall
I initially built the team with VinCune as the centerpiece, removing whatever could potentially get in its sweep. Quagsire and Azumarill were originally inserted as ways to eat Electric and Grass attacks for VinCune respectively, but even without VinCune, those 2 are just really solid together as a defensive core that share no weaknesses with one another. Azumarill gets rid of Grass types, and Perish Song prevents things from setting up. Quagsire forms a double Unaware core with Clef to protect myself against setup sweepers, and CorvBliss is generically good defensively while also providing hazard control and Heal Bell. The team requires half a braincell to play, just have to hard switch and Burn everything. Despite VinCune being the initial start of the team, Azumarill is the real MVP of the team if kept healthy, picking off and removing enemy threats one by one. Kyurem and Kartana are definitely the biggest threats to the team, each only requiring one member to be weakened before they become really difficult to deal with. But still overall a fun team if you just really like Water types.

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
Double Dragon Melmetal Alchemist ft. Choice Band Weavile

:garchomp: :dragapult: :slowking: :melmetal: :zapdos: :weavile:
Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Hex

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Melmetal @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Timid Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

Weavile @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard
- Low Kick
this team is built with garchomp as the stealth rock setter and dragapult with its choice specs set, garchomp is the electric-type check and dragapult is a naturally fast pokemon with 2 very strong stabs and u-turn alongside one os its best tools in hex. slowking can check heatran, nidoking, and tapu lele, which are all threats for this team, melmetal on the other hand dieshes out toxics and rakc the damage up with protect while protect also lets it scout the opposings attack. zapdos with discharge and heat wave is a great check to rillaboom, kartana, corviknight, and opposing melmetal and discharge further punishes pokemon with a potential paralysis, which is also nice for dragapults hex. weavile is the hard hitter with a stab-boosted choice band-boosted knock off which has no drawbacks and adds some natural speed on the table with strong priority in ice shard to counteract to sd+scale shot chomps and it can demolish heatran as well with a strong low kick.

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
:bw/tyranitar: :bw/excadrill: :bw/tangrowth: :bw/slowking: :bw/tornadus-therian: :ss/tapu koko:
I’ve been playing with this recently in the metagame, peaked at like 1750 or something before i tilted off a cliff to 1600s.

Decided to give sand a spin because It sounded pretty good. Ttar runs protect on this set to deny all of the future sight mons bar watershifu, which is handled by slowking. excadrill is standard SD spin, didn’t feel like i needed to change it much. Tang + slowking super own rain teams, and Tang is necessary for owning any physical attacker that crushes sand like Bish Kart Rilla etc. itemless so knock is weakened and you don’t autolose to daunt leaf storm is because giga drain is piss weak and i’m forgoing status because you honestly need what you can get in terms of power on the grounds, now that you don’t have hp ice to just outright Kill them. Koko and Torn-T are my two forms of speed control, Torn-T can be a dangerous sweeper to lure zapdos with +2 weather ball, and koko can deal with flyers that screw exca over. Watch out for shit like azumarill ig, which owns this squad since my fast aqua jet resistance is fuckin nonexistent https://pokepast.es/136e86a7a370db9c

Last edited:

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Sup yall

I decided to build some Cresselia Sun for OU. I originally got inspired to build it after AM plosted it as a check in VoTW, which eventually led to a sun team. I ain’t no Thunder Pwoell or anything, but I gotta day I really like this team so I thought I’d share it with yall.
:bw/cresselia: :bw/torkoal: :bw/heatran: :bw/venusaur: :bw/hydreigon: :ss/zeraora:
Cress is the main mon of the team, messing with mons like the grounds, nidoking, dnite, and even shrugging off lele/kyu with its jacked up moonlights thanks to torkoal. besides that, i went with 4 attacks venu because losing any of the 4 is ass and i never found myself clicking growth, ever. heatran is scarf because i needed a second sun cleaner that wasn’t my sixth member. Hydreigon solves the problems of a Heatran answer that doesnt die to EP and a defogger. Lastly, Zeraora can mess with pult, torn-t, and likes venu and tran fucking up the grounds, alongside cresselia as backup.

Threats? Well obviously specs dragons are a problem but with the sheer bulk of cress you shouldn’t be in a too deep shit, not to mention having zera to smash them if it gets in safely.
Past that, everything else should be managable with a team like this https://pokepast.es/48bfd50daf0bd5be

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)