Resource SwSh OU Bazaar

Hydreigon Hyper Offense
:ss/hydreigon: :ss/magnezone: :ss/azumarill: :ss/volcarona: :ss/rillaboom: :ss/Mew:

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz

Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off

Mew @ Red Card
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Flare Blitz

This team is built around LO + NP Hydreigon, which I feel is a pretty underrated Pokémon at the moment. I added Magnezone since Hydreigon struggles with Toxapex and Clefable. Another benefit of adding Magnezone is that it is able to switch into potential Toxic from Toxapex, as well as being able to trap Corv and Skarm with Magnet Pull. Azumarill was added in order to handle with the SkarmBliss core and Volcarona. Speaking of Volcarona, I added it since Rillaboom can destroy both Azu and Zone. Speaking of Rillaboom, I added it in order to handle Pokémon that are able to switch into Azumarill, such as Quag and Gastrodon. Mew is the last member since I lack a suicide lead.

Trick+NP Gengar BO

:Gengar: :Clefable: :Crawdaunt: :Necrozma: :Kyurem: :Corviknight:

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Clefable @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Teleport
- Moonblast
- Wish

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Close Combat

Necrozma @ Power Herb
Ability: Prism Armor
Modest Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Stealth Rock

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor

Corviknight @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Body Press
- Roost

While I didn't exactly try pushing for reqs during the laddering phases of OLT, I messed around with this squad for the hell of it at the time and was surprisingly impressed with the results even though the team consists of some extremely unorthodox albeit trendy picks that shouldn't, in theory, have much synergy at all. I was mostly chilling at the 1500-1650 range after my push with this squad, so it's nothing to write home about, but a much better player can probably take this squad much further.

Trick+NP Gengar takes a page from a Togekiss set that functioned in a rather similar manner but trades Togekiss's defensive utility for a much better offensive typing and an absurdly good Speed tier. Against defensive teams this thing gets an extremely free Trick off and probably gets a free Nasty Plot off thereafter. Against offensive teams it can eat something like a Grassy Glide in a pinch and can potentially force uncomfortable situations such as leaving a Trick victim with a Cursed Body parting gift and giving one of its teammates a very free turn. Very underrated set that needs love on all sorts of team archetypes IMO.

HDB+Unaware Clef bluffs Magic Guard against entry hazards but deals with irritating HO cheese like setup Kommo-o or Hawlucha handily, which is an asset to a team like this.

Crawdaunt is an obligatory staple of many Offense teams. It's my Volc insurance and synergizes well with Stealth Rock Necrozma, which I played around with extensively when doing my research for the analysis.

Necrozma sets the hazards and hits like a nuke from orbit and forms a surprisingly okay wallbreaking core with Specs Kyurem and Crawdaunt. Specs Kyurem just hits like a nuke; I usually just run Earth Power because I have absolutely no faith in my ability to hit with Focus Blast on two mons.

Corviknight is a bit of a questionable pick compared to the rest; however, with Shed Shell it doesn't turn into Zone bait and can help give Crawdaunt and Kyurem some momentum.

Last edited:
Trick+NP Gengar BO

:Gengar: :Clefable: :Crawdaunt: :Necrozma: :Kyurem: :Corviknight:

Gengar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Nasty Plot
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball

Clefable @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Teleport
- Moonblast
- Wish

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Aqua Jet
- Close Combat

Necrozma @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Meteor Beam
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave
- Stealth Rock

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor

Corviknight @ Shed Shell
Impish Nature
- Defog
- U-turn
- Body Press
- Roost

While I didn't exactly try pushing for reqs during the laddering phases of OLT, I messed around with this squad for the hell of it at the time and was surprisingly impressed with the results even though the team consists of some extremely unorthodox albeit trendy picks that shouldn't, in theory, have much synergy at all.

Trick+NP Gengar takes a page from a Togekiss set that functioned in a rather similar manner but trades Togekiss's defensive utility for a much better offensive typing and an absurdly good Speed tier. Against defensive teams this thing gets an extremely free Trick off and probably gets a free Nasty Plot off thereafter. Against offensive teams it can eat something like a Grassy Glide in a pinch and can potentially force uncomfortable situations such as leaving a Trick victim with a Cursed Body parting gift and giving one of its teammates a very free turn. Very underrated set that needs love on all sorts of team archetypes IMO.

HDB+Unaware Clef bluffs Magic Guard against entry hazards but deals with irritating HO cheese like setup Kommo-o or Hawlucha handily, which is an asset to a team like this.

Crawdaunt is an obligatory staple of many Offense teams. It's my Volc insurance and synergizes well with Stealth Rock Necrozma, which I played around with extensively when doing my research for the analysis.

Necrozma sets the hazards and hits like a nuke from orbit and forms a surprisingly okay wallbreaking core with Specs Kyurem and Crawdaunt. Specs Kyurem just hits like a nuke; I usually just run Earth Power because I have absolutely no faith in my ability to hit with Focus Blast on two mons.

Corviknight is a bit of a questionable pick compared to the rest; however, with Shed Shell it doesn't turn into Zone bait and can help give Crawdaunt and Kyurem some momentum.
Which elo?

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
Got reqs in the Cinderace suspect test with this squad: https://pokepast.es/d2c7156b0b6f6bb3

:gigalith: :excadrill: :cinderace: :clefable: :hippowdon: :ferrothorn:
Gravity gigalith means excadrill has about 2 switch-ins in the tier, specifically Rillaboom and Tangrowth. Eject button on Hippo gives banded exca ful reign to use sand turns to break with its banded attacks, and the double weather setters really give the team a strong matchup vs the other weather archetypes. Cinderace I just went with a pretty widespread move coverage, although at one stage I did have ElectroBall over both U-Turn and HJK for the sake of the rain/pex matchups, but this set just seems better overall. Clef gives me an extra wincon and a way to damage some pokemon for excadrill to later be able to easily spam either EQ or Iron Head. Finally Ferro sits on and annoys Tangrowth, gives spikes to break teams further, and gives last resort checks to things like DD Dragapult, opposing sand, and Zeraora (who you shouldnt really struggle with given a hippo and a clef imho).

Evs are all really basic so there are definitely more optimal spreads to be had, but there aren't really many teams available for people who dont know the tier and I thought I'd post mine for others who might want to try Cinderace specifically during the suspect, and cant click with teams they build with it for w/e reason. The six mons were from a match between 2 high level ladder players, the sets are mine but the inspiration was his, but I cannot remember who that was.

I haven't started my proper grind for Cinderace suspect reqs yet, but I plan on using this squad to do so at the moment after extensively messing around with it on the ladder (1500s-1700s range):

:Rillaboom: :Cinderace: :Hawlucha: :Necrozma: :Crawdaunt: :Toxtricity:

Rillaboom @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off

Cinderace @ Life Orb
Ability: Libero
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- Sucker Punch
- Zen Headbutt
- High Jump Kick

Hawlucha @ Grassy Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Taunt
- Close Combat
- Acrobatics

Necrozma @ Power Herb
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Meteor Beam
- Photon Geyser
- Heat Wave

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Close Combat
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off

Toxtricity @ Life Orb
Ability: Punk Rock
EVs: 144 Atk / 148 SpA / 216 Spe
Rash Nature
- Shift Gear
- Drain Punch
- Boomburst
- Overdrive

This is a rather basic but extremely effective Hyper Offense squad that would be really strong on its own, but it is now perfectly complemented by Cinderace's insane coverage, Speed, and damage output.

I would consider Rillaboom to be the one truly mandatory thing for any Hyper Offense team. On this team it does typical Rilla things: it Knocks stuff off, threatens a metric ton of stuff with broken-ass Grassy Glide, and enables Hawlucha. Hawlucha has Taunt so it can outpace and shut down Red Card Mew normally; in a pinch it forces some extremely nasty situations should Cinderace be alive in the back. I had a game where I sacrificed Hawlucha to checkmate a Dragapult because I had Sucker Punch Cinderace in the back.

Necrozma sets up Stealth Rock and takes a massive, steaming dump on Toxapex and Defoggers. I adore this mon and have honestly reached the point where I'm slapping this on every other HO team because of how consistently good it is at doing this.

Crawdaunt is the de-facto Necrozma teammate. It's every other team's "Get Out of Jail Free" card against Volc and its existence alone deters Cinderace. It also absolutely shatters fat teams.

Toxtricity is one of the tier's most formidable setup sweepers and is also one of the tier's few true mixed attackers. It is insanely difficult to wall and complements the needs of these teams quite nicely by threatening Mandibuzz and Toxapex, which give Cinderace issues.

I opted to run LO Cinderace over the typical Heavy Duty Boots to drastically beef up its immediate power. This thing hits monstrously hard as a result, although the occasional Pyro or HJK miss is infuriating. STAB Sucker Punch forces checkmates against a lot of offensive threats and catches a lot of stuff off-guard considering how much priority exists on this team. Life Orb-boosted HJK has a 25% chance to outright OHKO Rhyperior after Stealth Rock damage. Zen Headbutt could be dropped in favor of Bulk Up or another coverage move; it really only takes having the right coverage move option to allow this demon to 6-0 a team on its own, no joke.

Sheriff Sandy (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 92 Atk / 164 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Old King Coal (Coalossal) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 180 Def / 72 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Flamethrower
- Rock Blast

BELCHLORD (Toxicroak) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 44 SpD / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Bulk Up
- Taunt

monke (Rillaboom) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Adamant Nature
- Taunt
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Grassy Glide

unhealthy (Kyurem) @ Metronome
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Icicle Spear
- Substitute
- Roost

triple suppository (Urshifu-Rapid-Strike) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Surging Strikes
- Aqua Jet
- U-turn

Since the DLC is coming soon, I figured I might as well drop this weird heat team I've been using for a while.

The idea: I wanted to build around PhysDef Toxicroak and SR+Spin Coalossal. Been playing this intermittently over 2 months or so, used it to climb and stay in the mid 1600's, gonna see if I can tweak it to go further (but keep the build-around core).

I started off with PhyDef Toxicroak, which is a good answer to most Urshifu (watch out for Zen Headbutt though), Crawdaunt, and Rillaboom (watch out for Acrobatics sets) answer as well. With Bulk Up and Taunt it can also serve as a wincon. Coalossal is actually a pretty decent partner, covering most weaknesses (notably stacking up on Ground weaknesses though) and setting up rocks while also removing them with spin. It also matches up okay against Ferrothorn and Corviknight. Rillaboom gives Grassy Terrain to help with the Ground weakness and gives a way to pivot into the mostly-slower members of this team while also Knocking Off and Taunting things like Ferrothorn. Bulky Band Scizor gives another form of priority and is the only Dragon resist on the team (kind of an issue). Kyurem is the balance/stallbreaker (in conjunction with Toxicroak) while Scarf Urshifu-S gives yet another form of priority and general speed control while also functioning as a late-game cleaner. Plus, it can mess up lead Sash Excadrill which is always nice.

Potential changes: The Rillaboom set is probably bad, it mostly ends up just being a pivot with Knock Off and Grassy Terrain setter (and occassionally revenge killing stuff with Grassy Glide). Banded might be better since the immediate power is actually pretty useful and helps check big threats like Dragapult/Hawlucha better. Urshifu might be better off Banded (still Jolly to outspeed lead Excadrill though) since I'm running Aqua Jet for speed control anyways, and the extra power is actually pretty valuable in that case to break stuff in general, especially since this isn't a rain team. Kyurem seems okay but maybe a Specs set would work better, dunno. Scizor is nice priority...but as a Dragon answer it's iffy since it has no recovery and is cooked by any fire move. Maybe Mandibuzz instead to help beat Dragapult and Aegislash? Might not even need to run Defog since Coalossal has Rapid Spin, and instead Buzz can run some combination of Roost, U-Turn, Foul Play, Toxic, Brave Bird, and/or Taunt.

Threatlist: Specs Dragapult can demolish this team which is uh, kinda of an issue (DD Dragapult less so, but still very scary, as is Wisp+Hex). Kommo-o is a pain, and Sub/BD+Salac sets are a nightmare since they resist 2/3 of the priority found on this team and just heal back up with Drain Punch. Aegislash also can run through this team, especially Specs variants, since there's no Ghost resist and the Steel resists have no recovery and mediocre Special bulk. Togekiss and Volcarona get very dangerous if Coalossal gets chipped down and Scizor or Urshifu (respectively) are out of the picture (plus banded BP is predictable). SD Acrobatics Rillaboom ironically does really well against this squad, as does Hawlucha, although they can be played around somewhat by Coalossal/Scizor/Toxicroak. Kyurem is a menace if Specs (or if carrying Earth Power in general).

https://pokepast.es/aed77301c8c71163

Regieleki team ive been testing thats done me decently so far, essentially, get rocks, target ground types with ice horse, rachi, shuca pex whilst breaking with genesect and then let leki go in. I think leki is severely underated by some people and also dictates a unique kind of team structure to be used well, but in the right circumstances, it's insanely good as a breaker and cleaner late game.

https://pokepast.es/aed77301c8c71163

Regieleki team ive been testing thats done me decently so far, essentially, get rocks, target ground types with ice horse, rachi, shuca pex whilst breaking with genesect and then let leki go in. I think leki is severely underated by some people and also dictates a unique kind of team structure to be used well, but in the right circumstances, it's insanely good as a breaker and cleaner late game.
Hey there. Nice team. I had it validated for CAP, and in my first match, the opponent already forfeited the first few turns in.

(Click sprites for importable)

Just dropping a stall build on the bazaar real quick after the DLC dropped. It covers basically anything you would really need too, except for Genesect (fuck that mon, broken shit) and variants of Zygarde (namely CB and random Iron Tail variants). Everything else is basically covered. Kyurem-B (also broken imo) can be annoying, but you can check it between Toxapex, Corviknight, and Clefable. The best way for this build to handle stuff like Zygarde though is to predict and Toxic is before it subs. Most players will be able to pick out that Zygarde is annoying for this build, and attempt to use Moltres' switch as a free Sub, so Toxic'ing it before it does so is quite helpful. You really have to figure out what set genesect if running and what its clicking. SpDef Hippo and Umbreon can sit on Special sets, whereas Moltres and Corviknight can handle Banded sets fairly consistently. Scarf, however, is just broken so just do the best you can. Anyways, good luck, and please ban Genesect and Kyurem-B.

Just as a farewell to the IoA meta, I'm posting my favorite teams that I made during it.

Urshifu Balance

:Urshifu: :Rotom-Heat: :Mandibuzz: :Toxapex: :Clefable: :Ferrothorn:

This one is a bit more outdated, but it's what got me to my peak 1800 rating. I'm pretty proud of this team.

Urshifu @ Choice Band
Ability: Unseen Fist
Jolly Nature
- Wicked Blow
- Close Combat
- Poison Jab
- U-turn

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 164 HP / 96 SpD / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Volt Switch
- Overheat
- Pain Split

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Defog

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic Spikes

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Def / 248 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed

Tyranitar Teambuilding Competition (never posted)

:Tyranitar: :Excadrill: :Magnezone: :Skarmory: :Amoonguss: :Clefable:

One of the best teams I ever made. I then found out that somebody had made a much better version before I could share it with the same mons that was being used on high ladder. Pure coincidence, pretty unlucky. I do recommend using that version with rocky helm Moonguss. I do love this team though.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 60 Def / 144 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Thunder Wave
- Crunch

Excadrill @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Toxic

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
Bold Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Body Press

Amoonguss @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Stomping Tantrum
- Clear Smog

Clefable @ Sticky Barb
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Trick
- Thunder Wave

Unorthodox Crawdaunt/Toxicroak Rain

:Crawdaunt: :Pelipper: :Toxicroak: :Ferrothorn: :Clefable: ( :Blissey: / :Zeraora: )

This is easily my favorite team that I made. Originally built for the Crawdaunt teambuilding competition and then tweaked from there. The combination of Crawdaunt's breaking power in rain and defensive Toxicroak's longevity make this team hilariously fun. Huge shoutouts to both Mark Chambliss and TURBODERP to contributing to the improvement of the Croak set.

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 44 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Taunt
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Body Press
- Leech Seed

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Teleport
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot
- Aura Sphere

ThelordofbadRNG

Banned deucer.
Hey all! It's your random neighborhood user that talks a lot of shit for a nobody with a few quick squads I came up with right after tundra dropped. I've playtested and changed up a few things from time to time and most of these teams are the final version but I digress. Would drop every single team but I gotta have some that I haven't posted for everyone to see for the upcoming Tundra Cup. :blobwizard:

:melmetal: :clefable: :slowbro: :tyranitar: :corviknight: :excadrill:

Third team I built after all the brokens got unbanned and since I never got a chance to use Melmetal (:psycry:), I thought it'd be fun to build a team featuring it. The team itself has a decent amount of breaking power but loses to a well played Genesect or Pheromosa, (fuck those mons seriously) but what doesn't? I was initially going to go with ada and dump the filler EVs on melm but realized Corv stalls it out and since Melm barely loses any breaking power with Jolly, I decided to have enough speed EVs to creep uninvested Corv. Normally I'd have future sight on Slowbro but goodness gracious is SpDef Sub Zygarde annoying so I went with ice beam on the filler slot. Since the team struggles with Pex of all things I decided to go CM LO Thunder on Clef to have a better matchup vs it. TTar+Drill is there because why not and Corv is the teams ground immune/Lando-I switch-in. That's abt all I have to say for this one.

:pheromosa: :cinderace: :landorus: :slowbro: :corviknight: :clefable:

Ain't it fun? Initially the idea behind the team was Cinderace+Landorus as an offensive core since Cinderace lures bulky waters like Slowbro and Toxapex and since Landorus OHKOs those with ease, you can imagine how monstrous this can be. Landorus also getting free turns isn't fun for the opponent too , obviously but then I needed a scarfer that could end Naga with ease and something with enough firepower to clean up the holes Landorus and Cinderace made so I went with Scarf Pheromosa and since its already fast enough I went with a Naughty Nature because snowballing lategame is really fun. The rest of the mons are there because I don't want to get 6-0d by literally everything and these mons cover almost everything.

:clefable: :tyranitar: :zygarde: :zapdos: :amoonguss: :jirachi:

The first thing I built after tundra dropped and its basically a SM team from Zygarde meta. Thought banded zygarde+cm clef would be fun and the rest of the mons are just there to check meta threats. Only mons noteworthy is Amoonguss and Jirachi, really. Amoonguss is AV Stomping Tantrum to beat Magnezone and Heatran but also just takes weak special hits from like Genesect and Pheromosa pretty well and chips a decent bit. Rachi is scarf because the team is rly slow and I lose to like Zam otherwise. Ice punch is there to hit Zygarde and Garchomp and the rest is standard. This team in particular has some decent breaking power while also having a solid defensive backbone and its probably the most fun team I've built immediately after the tundra dropped. Could see this working rlly well in a few early meta tours. :psyglad:

I was tired of losing to these Blaziken/Lando-I/Genesect cores and I was also tired of ground types walling my Regieleki. I wanted to just build a simple rain team.

I think this team is pretty solid for the current meta and really only struggles against ferrothorn. I have contemplated switching to an SD Rilla to deal with Ferro but until the broken stuff gets banned I think Band is optimal in the current meta and you gotta just eat those Ferro games. Swampert finds itself as the teams utility fat mon blocking electric moves. Flip Turn is a godsend for both Swampert and rain for bringing in the heavy hitters without wasting additional rain turns. I like flip turn on kingdra for early game but feel free to run hurricane. I like Modest Regeleki but Timid is completely fine too and lets you snipe some notable scarf and boosted mons. The team has 5 pivot moves so you should just be chipping away early game until Kingdra gets an opening. Ditto is obligatory in any HO fiesta meta and really further punishes the Blazikens, Nagas, Kyurems etc.

Enjoy guys, this one is fun and took me to 1500 on the ladder:

Sceptile Offense:

Sceptile is a fun sweeper. It's hard to pull off a great sweep, but there is potential thanks to weakness policy. The idea is to come in on the ubiquitous u-turn from lando, koko, and others, and to go ahead and sweep. The set is fun because it beats Blaziken at +0. Even when it's not sweeping, sceptile is great at dealing with bulky waters that the rest of the team struggle with.

Cinderace is a great anti-meta threat that deals with most of the new drops. You're going to have to be brazy and switch in on some flamethrowers, but otherwise it's a great pokemon.

The ferro, fini, lando core is a great backbone that deals with a lot of threats.

lastly, Naganadel is pretty busted and can sweep many teams. It notably helps deal with the problamatic Genesect. Just be wary of opposing scarf Naganadel and Dragapult.

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I pretty much remade a team I had success with in DLC1 to feel out the meta if you will, and I went 23-1 with it so its pretty good from what I can tell. Ghost Horse (Spectrier) is AMAZING, and no joke cleaned up 90% of my games (replays below). Ghost-typing right now is super good for its immunity to Extreme Speed, and there aren't many Dark-types right now with Pheramosa and Genesect running wild, so Shadow Ball is very good. Zapdos Galar fits nicely onto the team because of its ability Defiant, and helps Ghost Horse against Dark and Normal types. Lastly, Genesect is insane, and can clean up teams with its extremely strong Extreme Speed, as well as form a U-turn core with Rillaboom. Try this team out if you like hazard stacking offense, I promise it won't disappoint.
Rillaboom @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- U-turn
- Grassy Glide
- Knock Off

Zapdos-Galar @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Stomping Tantrum
- Agility

Mew @ Red Card
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Flare Blitz

Spectrier @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Grim Neigh
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Disable

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Genesect @ Choice Band
Ability: Download
Shiny: Yes
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Iron Head
- Extreme Speed
- Explosion

Yubellia

Banned deucer.

https://pokepast.es/dc0f1cf5b482bcd3

Fun little bulky offense squad using the defensive core of Corviknight + Swampert + Tangrowth to check most threats in he meta not named Specs Spectrier and CB Urshifu lol. Scarf Spectrier just shits on offense and I paired it with CB Genesect and LO Urshifu to help deal with more bulkier teams that i would need help to break through.

Replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1210038611-kbbpizjzww1kqf08f88mpn6ikz2nejrpw

https://pokepast.es/44aca71503b3ba39

This team is just broken and really takes advantage of the two most broken setup sweepers in DD Kyurem-B and NP Naganadel. Use this if you want easy ladder points lol but watch out for rain cause that can be a pain.

Current Ladder Rank:

Hopefully the meta becomes stable soon with Naga, Lando, Genesect, Kyurem-B, and Phermosa getting banned.

https://pokepast.es/a9a717e8e18b6aa8

Since we finally got our second viable user of Prankster Tailwind in Tornadus-I, Tailwind HO is finally semi-viable in OU again. It's like Webs HO, except it isn't ruined by HDB carriers and fliers who are more popular now than ever. Specs Lele and Band Urshifu are absolutely terrifying breakers when their average speed is no longer holding them back, and Lele is also important in protecting the team against priority. Naganadel rounds out the team by cleaning house after everything is weakened by Lele and Urshifu, and Beast Boost means that the opponent don't even have the luxury of waiting for Tailwind to end to revenge it.

Edit: replaced Naganadel with Landorus-I because the former got banned
Edit 2: replaced Landorus-I with Blaziken because the former got banned

Last edited:
1603831212898.png
1603831228610.png
1603831244411.png
1603831264020.png
1603831278651.png
1603831291911.png

https://pokepast.es/fbd2186f9d873a9d

The higher-tier threats running around right now (looking at you, Genesect) might be making this environment a bit hostile for standard Bulky Offense, but I figured I’d get this team down on paper in hope that near-future bans cut the power level down. Garchomp reprises its role from Gen 7 as an offensive Stealth Rock setter, and the mandatory Ground-type that the current meta demands. Torn-T pivots, but doesn’t Defog, as that role goes to Tapu Fini. Tapu Fini is like an 'Anti-Terrain' Terrain setter. Its Water-typing baits its Tapu brethren (and Rillaboom), and as they switch into you, Fini Defogs the new terrain away. Rillaboom loses its priority on Grassy Glide, and Tapu Koko doesn't set up Electric Terrain for Regieleki. This is particularly important for Nihilego, an underrated Ultra-Beast who can naturally tank Modest Specs Regieleki’s Thunder from full (outside of E.Terrain) and clap back with Meteor Beam. Scarf Jirachi can switch into Tapu Lele, give support with Healing Wish, and catch Ground-types on the switch with Ice Punch. Urshifu-S is the Bulk Up variant, as it can scare out Spectrier, then proceed to boost and start making holes or even go for a Sucker Punch sweep.

After posting stall, I decided to switch from one end to the other and try hyper offense. I wanted to use Aerodactyl, as it looked to be a promising suicide lead with it's blazing 130 speed tier, allowing it to outrun or tie anything not named Regieleki or Pheromosa and get up Rocks. It's also surprisingly stronger than I remember, as Stone Edge can kill Pheramosa from full, as well as 2HKO Lando-I and Genesect. Taunt is also an extremely useful tool against all the varrying styles of Trick Room and opposing Screens going around. Regieleki is a decent screen setter, and is also able to gain momentum with Explosion after setting up Screens. Being able to outrun everything from Pheramosa below is great for getting up at least one Screen, or just punishing something that thinks they resist your attack (looking at you, physdef Tangrowths) with a powerful Thunderbolt. Landorus-I prevents the team from being ran over by opposing Koko and Regieleki teams that are spammed on ladder. With Rock Polish, it suddenly becomes a lot harder to offensively check unless you've chipped it to the point of being able to use Choice Band Genesect's Extreme Speed. Kartana provides that crucial matchup vs fat waters and grounds, such as Hippowdon and Swampert, as well as forcing something to take big chip and lose their item to a strong Knock Off. Kartana also can just snowball through any fat teams lacking Zapdos or Skarmory. Blaziken helps break steels and Pex down, as well as can sweep on its own, given any opportunity under screens. Azumarill appreciates the rest of the team hitting basically all of it's defensive answers, and is very effecient at cleaning late game with a +6 Aqua Jet. You could try a version with Calm Mind > Rock Polish on Lando and Timid Kartana over the standard SD. Overall, it's a pretty decent Screens team that only struggles with Freeze Hax, bad playing, as well as Rock Polish Landorus-I. Click the sprites to get the importable!

edit: I forgot I had replays to add, so here-

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1211176899-s64uuxj31mzhzsz2p5qtebimve4zxwppw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1211173288-7t6v1jt0jzcox6p05gpif3cvlfmkwnipw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1211167812-g3n70ybqll3yxb6x7eu1ferky1jzpf9pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1211210133-cl8rza2ylpnjd1y5b1v0u1am8oy30xqpw

Last edited:
magearna.png
volcanion.png
swampert.png
barraskewda.png
pelipper.png
tornadus-therian.png
huge torn-t wtf

https://pokepast.es/843cdd32ae221a7f

rain with skewda. bunches of ways to get threats in.

Torn-t is kind of a toss-up, still trying to decide between hdb and leftovers, but I think i'll probably switchover to boots pretty soon.

Gameplan: Don't start pelliper, it is so easy for opponents to try to kill your rain first turn. I suggest trying to u-turn in on a slow mon, or one that pelliper resists, so that they switch and you can put in your rain threats.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 44 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Claydol @ Leftovers
EVs: 124 HP / 132 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Teleport
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Magearna @ Assault Vest
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Aura Sphere
- Fleur Cannon
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power

Regidrago @ Choice Specs
Ability: Dragon's Maw
Modest Nature
- Dragon Energy
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Ancient Power

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Iron Defense

https://pokepast.es/7e8bdec9b89229bb

Alright boys so the metagame is wild right now and subject to change but just for this instance I believe I've found the smallest niche for claydol of all things to snuggle it's way into the meta in a neat little balance team, so here goes. So far this team has excelled as far as the mid 1700s and boasts pretty decent win rate to boot, but that's enough of intro let's get into the sauce.

Mandibuzz: Starting us off is good ol' reliable, the work this thing put's in as a defensive pivot has only gotten better with the influx of powerful ghost and psychic types including the threats such as the rise of the the ghost horse which it puts to bed, articuno and moltres galar which it can switch into to take hit and before doubling back into magearna to grab a kill, walling scarf dragapult which has seen higher usage with the inflation of speed tiers. If it hasn't taken chip it can also hard wall shadow ball choiced blacephalon

Claydol: Here comes the meat of team, despite it's relatively low hp stat this boi can take a helluva beating owing to it's incredible it additionally provided fantastic utility with rapid spin which is often advantageous over defog blowing away the hazards you may have labored oh so hard for. Not only this but claydol absolutely dumpsters both lando forms allowing for easy opportunities to spin on many team variations. Only adding to this mons fantastic utility is its access to the incredible move teleport allowing an easy pivot to any of the teams various answers to common threats. Finally this pokemon provides a crucial electric immunity to the team allowing you to deal with koko + eleki combo's running rampant right now.

Magearna: it was honestly a difficult call between this magearna set and the stored power draining kiss one, but this set threatens heatran out, I prefer aura sphere for the accuracy however focus blast can be a better option as it can ohko heatran after some chip, it also acts as the best answer to kyurem black so it is crucial to keep it healthy. Furthermore it's expansive movepool allows it nab kills on switch-ins such as t-bolt into aura sphere + rocks on tran will kill from full.

Heatran: The glue that can hold any team in this metatogether, can trap and kill many fatmons bliss, tox, skarm, etc and is an incredibly reliable rocker, it also generally hits hard and just does what heatran does.

Regidraco: This pokemon has quickly risen to become one of my favorites of the new gen not only design-wise, but also by being almost comparable to dracovish in sheer power, this pokemon will do at least 50 to even max spdef bliss with a full power dragon energy which stands a testament to it's power. not only this but with it's incredible bulk it can often revenge kill the bevy of hard-hitting mons in the tier, taking a hit and releasing an incredibly powerful draco meteor, this bulk is also key to the ease of switching it in. Furthermore similar to it's counterpart regieleki to fully utilize it's stab you have to deal with any immunities on the opposing team otherwise this pokemon is almost guaranteed multiple kos a game being the prime wallbreaker.

Tapu Fini: Besides heatran this pokemon is the glue that holds this team together stumping the incredibly potent pheromosa resisting both it's stab and commonly run moves like ice beam. Furthermore given the defensive pressure fini exudes keeping it healthy is incredibly important to the sustainability of the team. Although incredibly potent the misty terrain created by fini can interrupt regidraco so it is also important to ensure that you balance your use between them.

I've found that this team sees a wide range a of success over multiple different teams however it is also important to mention some common threats to this team

Threats:

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt
- Substitute

This creature is an absolute menace atm and should you see it on an opposing team it is critical not allow it to get behind a sub and to keep magearna healthy and buzz healthy as they both have to ability to ohko it with some chip, heatran will often lose the one on ones but can take a hit in a pinch

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 12 SpA / 56 SpD / 192 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Defog

the bulk fini provides is something this team itself uses but breaking through it can be a task, magearna will again serve as the main answer to this mon

Melmetal @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch
- Superpower

The crushing through on sheer power this pokemon can easily put a massive dent in the team if not dealt with properly however it will also find a great deal of difficulty in actually switching into the team due to all the powerful special attacks running around.

Substitutes

Magnezone @ Assault Vest
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 160 HP / 96 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Tri Attack
- Volt Switch

This has recently come to my attention as being able to deal with the common threats to the team( excluding melmetal) better than magearna and although it lacks the overall utility and movepool of magearna and requires a bit more team support to work, but in spite of that, although I have not tested it thouroghly enough yet, I feel it may prove to be a better mon to use in the long run

Attachments

Last edited:
Normal Sprite
Normal Sprite
Normal Sprite
Normal Sprite
Normal Sprite
Normal Sprite

https://pokepast.es/ddc9c6b731ff1a5f

This was the first iterations of Offensive Trick Room I built during the crazy Genesect and Naganadel meta for CT. Glastrier has the much needed bulk that OTR tend to not sustain during previous metagames. Ice is also an underrated typing with HDB being present, and punishing Zygarde and Lando-I is always sweet since the horse can take hits if necessary. Icicle Spear is there to break subs, but you can opt for SD if you need much more power. Uxie can set up Encore against unfavorable setup sweepers if you need to bail the team out. You also have no Ghost resist's, though Magearna and Glastrier can take Shadow Balls well to avoid Grim Neigh going off. Hatterene will always be the lead cuz you want hazard control and TR set up immediately. CB Melmetal is a nuke once its checks are gone and punishes switch ins. Marowak is pretty good in the meta rn and is the best OTR cuz Ghost/Fire typing is amazing. Magearna with Shuca ensures you don't die to Lando-I Earth Power, you can bait it to attack you and it it back with Ice Beam or Set Up TR.

Replays:

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1209374326
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1209372279
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1210396043-xnxdtr7r81lkefqm5d19d6lse49099hpw

https://pokepast.es/4a0689055f13f4b2

I thought of a framework for this team instead of sleeping and eventually made it. It revolves around spamming paralysis with slowbro, porygon 2, and zygarde. You can abuse most or all of their team being paralyzed by having banded melmetal flinch through defenses mons with double iron bash, max speeds adamant can out speed a glared landorus-incarnate and non scarf 328 mons. Specs dragapult can abuse para by having powerful hexes on pokemon that usually check/ wall it. Most pokemon that can take a fully powered hex would be hit by the other 3 moves. Landorus is here as an offensive defogger who can chip/ kill pokemon to let dragapult/ melmetal clean up late game. Having a double teleport core can add some pivoting to help save damage from the offensive pokemon. The spread on porygon 2 allows it to live a Life orbed pheromosa cc and banded urshifu single cc while still taking 2 earth powers from landorus-i if it does not have focus blast. Slowbro acts as a good regen teleporter but not using future sight on it can be a problem. Zygarde can act as a sweeper or as the main para spreader or both. It can tank a blissey seismic toss under sub without it breaking. The speed is for max speed heatran which sometimes use toxic. The special defense is to live max special attack heatran's earth power. The zygarde ev spread is pretty under developed so feel free to change if you want to steal. Overall this team is pretty good, it has some weak points, such as pheromosa, urshifu single strike, and tapu fini, zapdos cores, but it got me a good winrate in 1700s and 1800s.

Thousand Waves Zygarde Bulky Offense
:Zygarde::Magearna::Zarude::Pheromosa::Heatran::Tapu Fini:
Lil Keed (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Toxic
- Protect
- Substitute

Magearna @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soul-Heart
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Aura Sphere

Zarude @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Leaf Guard
Jolly Nature
- Power Whip
- Darkest Lariat
- Bulk Up
- Jungle Healing

Pheromosa @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Beast Boost
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Triple Axel
- U-turn
- Close Combat

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 136 SpD / 124 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Toxic

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Trick
- Ice Beam

I wanted to share this team before Zygarde gets banned. I made this Zygarde set to trap Buzzwole which is considered the best switch in to Zygarde. What you do is Toxic Buzzwole on the first switch in, then on the second switch in you trap it with Thousand Waves and proceed to Toxic stall it with Protect and Substitute. This set somewhat works off of surprise value, but it can be effective in some matchups even if the set is known. You can go for Substitute first to bluff the coil set which will ensure you get a Toxic on the correct target. Some things this Zygarde set struggles with is Magic Guard Clefable, Jungle Healing Zarude, and Teleport Slowbro/Blissey. To Circumvent these weaknesses I'm using a Scarf Tapu Fini with Trick which can lock Clefable and Blissey into an attack; and Zarude could potentially be caught off-guard by a faster Moonblast.

I wanted some partners for Zygarde that can take advantage of the absence of Buzzole, so I added Zarude and Pheromosa. Zarude is one of my teambuilding crutches right now because it covers two really big threats in Zygarde and Spectrier. Pheromosa provides hazard control and has the bonus of destroying alot of teams solely from fighting-ice coverage alone. I like leading off with Pheromosa alot of the time and generating early game momentum with U-turn, you can also scout Toxapex's item because you don't want to Trick a Black Sludge onto Tapu Fini. Since Pheromosa forces in Toxapex frequently it gives Zygarde plenty of opportunities to trap. Magearna is there mainly to scare out Clefable and be a nuke, it creates a nice volt-turn core with Pheromosa. I chose Heatran as the rocker because it can sit on Clefable if it gets tricked, and honestly it's just the GOAT not much more reason needed to run Heatran.

I was laddering around the 1900's with this team and it was decently successful. There's some matchups that are tough like vs Moltres which walls the whole team, strong fighting types, and broken Kyurem-Black. I hope you guys enjoy this team and have fun trapping some Buzzwoles. Here's a replay that shows exactly how I wanted Thousand Waves Zygarde to work: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1213870335-gbk5rx9xboazg9pdavr5l8e9j1gl8rgpw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)