Shiny: Yes
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Def / 176 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Iron Defense
- Flash Cannon
- Body Press
- Thunderbolt

I'm not a big fan of Blissey right now because most special attackers in the game have a way to beat it. Blissey moreover has to chose between Seismic Toss / Shadow Ball / Flamethrower / Calm Mind / Thunder Wave / Toxic / Teleport meaning it's often very passive and it can't check all those threats at once.
I believe Snorlax has an interesting niche on fat teams, checking Heatran, Spectrier, Nidoking, Magearna, Kyurem, Clefable, etc.
I paired it with Magnezone to trap Corviknight / Skarm and make profit of its breaking potential. Iron Defense + Body Press allows me to trap Ferrothorn / Magearna depending on its set.
Ditto gives speed control and some sort of offensive presence to the team.

IMPORTABLE

Really fun team I've been using with a lot of success lately, exploiting the fantastic SD Scale Shot Chomp + Volc core. The idea is to use the bulky backbone of Slowbro + Mandibuzz to handle and pivot around the top threats in the tier right now, namely Urshifu-S, Spectrier, and to a lesser extent Mag, and then bring in one of the two win-cons once everything is worn down a bit. Lele is here becasue Specs does absolutely stupid damage and lures in and weakens fat steels such as Heatran, Corviknight, and Ferro. Psychic Terrain is also great to stop priority for Chomp and Volc, most notably Sucker Punch from Urshifu and Grassy Glide from Rillaboom. Magearna as a whole is very threatening to this team, and basically requires an immediate switch into Volc to keep it from getting out of control. I run Modest Volc becasue the power jump is very noticeable and can break through most threats after only 1 QD or a boost from Fiery Dance. Garchomp is the standard SD Scale Shot set. Max speed and attack + LO for maximum damage output. Volcarona is also a standard QD setup set, but with Modest over Timid. Modest allows me to actually severely dent and even beat Heatran (sans Toxic + Protect) becasue Modest Psychic does like 30-40% at +2 for a lot of Magma Storm sets. Plus Magma Storm is terrible and misses 25% of the time. Standard Slowbro sponges physical hits and sets up FS and pivots. Specs Lele punches holes in everything with Psychic and slaps Blissey with Psyshock. I run enough speed for Timid Nidoking and the rest I dump into bulk. Mandibuzz has an unorthodox mixed spread that allows it to handle Specs Spectrier and Urshifu-S simultaneously, avoiding 2HKOS from Specs +1 Shadow Ball and CB Wicked Blow after SR if my boots have been knocked off. Standard Lando-T to answer NP Torn-T and provide pivot and speed control. EQ hits pretty damn hard and further weakens teams for the lethality of Chomp and Volc.

I suck at building teams mostly, but I thought this one was pretty decent. So please feel free to Enjoy/Criticize/Comment/Steal.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Dumping one Ursh-S team in light of Ursh suspect and likelihood of getting banned and semi-break from playing OU that much till tier is fixed (2022 maybe?).

https://pokepast.es/c547ab10c04c5acf

Easy to coast through you can get to 1800 easily without much thought and outside of some iffy matchups. Would give to anyone new to OU cause easy to use and not a whole lot of thought required when playing seeing as 3 busted mons in Ursh/Mag/Ace. 3 attacks / Shift, Shuca, Occa are options over Magearna item slot. HDB > Life Orb on Ace if you're a wimp and want to be weaker against fat. If it's Scarf Fini easy set up for Magearna since Scarf Fini normally invites Magearna to 6-0 a team anyways.

Don't plan on laddering for suspect since already have TC alumni, honestly not sure why I did it last one perhaps just for shits and giggles, and next 3-4 needed suspects going to be past point of being broken. Hopefully we can just ban Ursh even if it's not as broken as Magearna so tier can be cleaned up at least one step further.

Also would be nice if this thread was utilized more from OU regulars seeing as the Sample Teams thread always outdated and probably a better resource for getting teams for newcomers, other than ben's archive and Pinkacross' RMTs.

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
got elimed from a tour recently so here is a bunch of teams that range from decent -> good. some have obvious flaws but my style of building is more so based on fun and trying to get the better matchup so ill accept being weaker to certain things in some games. favorite is the screens ho & the glowking team
:shuckle: :azumarill: :magearna: :cinderace: :zapdos-galar: :hydreigon: https://pokepast.es/2c010926c04b5b10
:suicune: :rillaboom: :kartana: :garchomp: :clefable: :mandibuzz:https://pokepast.es/b421e46b69c9a3f9
:tyranitar: :excadrill: :dracozolt: :garchomp: :toxapex: :corviknight: https://pokepast.es/d9ae42b31e3d3bbf
:garchomp: :tapu koko: :magearna: :cinderace: :hawlucha: :urshifu: https://pokepast.es/1f04748d291a24af
:slowking-galar: :urshifu: :spectrier: :toxapex: :mandibuzz: :landorus-therian: https://pokepast.es/9425e5108cb7f0a9
:slowbro: :urshifu: :cinderace: :clefable: :ferrothorn: :hydreigon: https://pokepast.es/764a9e37371ba0dc

Last edited:
After my Tundra Cut run got short in Semis I thought I'd share some of the teams I've used in it, now that I'm not gonna be playing so much again until the Urshifu ban makes all these teams obsolete anyway:

:kyurem: :corviknight: :cinderace: :toxapex: :hydreigon: :excadrill:
https://pokepast.es/8297e837814ceb24

This team focusses on giving the monstrous power of specs Kyurem as many opportunities to break as possible. Double Defog in Corv + Hydrei cover almost every rocker in the game to usually keep the field clear, Kyurem's bulk without having taken any rocks is huge, and it makes a big difference late game if you haven't taken any random chip from rocks. Cinderace forces in stuff like Pex, Slowbro, Lando, Kanto Birds, etc. to pivot out into Kyurem. While spdef Drill is last over Lando to keep up offensive pressure against Clef and also add a Koko answer to the team. It's an option to run another item on Cinderace due to the strong defog support, but since Cinderace's main goal here is supporting Kyurem, longevity is valuable, so I appreciate boots, especially given it's never 100% guaranteed to keep rocks off.

:tyranitar: :excadrill: :slowking-galar: :kartana: :moltres: :buzzwole:
https://pokepast.es/d3b28689fae4dd05

Not heaps to say about this team, it's a solid sand team. Kartana breaks very well for Excadrill, Slowking-Galar alongside TTar is nice because together they cover the vast majority of special attackers. Unfortunately Suicune is a tough matchup for this team, Cinderace can also be tricky if you don't play Moltres really well. This team is starting to become a little out of date after being built in the Pheromosa meta, but it's definitely still usable for now.

:tapu lele: :magearna: :hydreigon: :landorus-therian: :toxapex: :tornadus-therian:
https://pokepast.es/497600ebf920ab43

The vast majority of teams at the moment aren't fitting more than one shared answer to Magearna/Lele at best. This team exploits that with Lele's huge breaking power putting lots of pressure on scarf Magearna's checks, usually allowing Magearna to clean up in the late game. Pivot Torn-T here helps a lot, as it's able to knock a lot of steels, while taunt is nice to get around a few trickier matchups like CM Fini or just general utility against a lot of things. The remainder of the team mostly covers Lele's defensive issues without being too passive.

:rillaboom: :magnezone: :kartana: :toxapex: :mandibuzz: :swampert:
https://pokepast.es/9030cc40f7aa2778

This team started out as an attempt to fish a matchup a bit but ended up significantly better than I expected and actually ended up catching an awful matchup and pulling through (then getting haxed on the final turn, lol), the point of the team isn't to set up Kart in Grassy terrain or whatever, it's just to use Banded Kart's insane breaking power mostly with knock and sacred sword to set up a position where Rillaboom can win, since they mostly share checks. Magnezone is important to remove Corv but also has strong offensive utility in a lot of matchups. Mandi + Pex is there because it covers as much of this teams weaknesses in two slots as possible, no defog on Mandi seems weird but I felt like both foul play and knock were valuable to cover all the physical attacks and Spectrier, while u-turn retaining momentum is important for this team, in the end you want to keep your own rocks up with this team anyway, so I felt I could get away without defog. Pert is last to compress a Heatran answer, electric immune and rocks setter, with ice beam last to take the pressure off of the grasses to deal with Lando & Garchomp. This team can sometimes be a bit prediction reliant, especially against some stuff like Ferro, but even without great prediction the damage Kart can do can often be enough.

https://pokepast.es/9417e2c1c0d8da43
i made a light screens team but it was bad & lost to half the meta so i cut out the pokemon that weren't doing great and now i don't know what to put into the last 2 slots, does anyone have any suggestions? also, what should i replace urshifu with if it gets banned?
toxapex is there as a pivot to get into a pokemon after setting up screens, it doesnt seem great but it's been very useful
Think it would be better if placed in the RMT forum where you can utilize more help.

Anyway with screens HO, toxapex seems misplaced as screen teams require maximum offensive power without a backbone.

Off the top of my head, chomp should be SD as it has the bulk to set up on the majority of the metagame with screens up. Magearna is incredibly dumb in screens as well. Cinderace works here too with Life Orb. For the last slot, you can run a scarfer that can Trick like Lati that can speed creep mons and is a good rain resist for higher ladder mafches.

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a defending SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
hi ho main here. ima address a couple things. i dont think doing a "rate" of sorts is appropriate in this thread but I still wanna help in some way

I want to start by saying screens ho atm has pretty much been fully explored and theres not much creativity in archetype. Most teams are running lando/koko/ace/mage/shifu/rker (lucha is super common here, I posted a team with those 6 above with chomp > lando) due to that being a combo that just works so well. if youre wanting to build your own ho team id stray away from the screens archetype for now but ill still post some info thats applicable to screens as well as the rest of ho

toxapex is there as a pivot to get into a pokemon after setting up screens, it doesnt seem great but it's been very useful
toxapex is a huge momentum sap for ho teams. you mention it as a pivot after setting up screens but after you use eject button, its pretty much deadweight. this issue is mostly cause of your choice of setter, grimmsnarl. koko and regi are more common and arguably better as they allow to get momentum as soon as you set screens via u turn, volt switch or explosion. your team atm also does not have a suicide lead (or rocks) so finding a mon that sets rocks would be beneficial (lando/drill/chomp). just keep in mind ho is all about keeping pressure and momentum.

sd chomp does seem good for it but it's my scarfer so i dont want to get rid of the scarf on it unless i get a better scarfer to replace it
for now
ho being so fast paced you dont even need a scarfer (with the exception of hw latias and fini due to the the rain mu). ho runs a lot of speed control mons as it is so a scarfer isnt needed. garchomp is great on ho atm as a sweeper with sd scale shot or as a offensive hazard setter/suicide lead. ho also runs a lot of mons with speed boosting moves so that makes the need of speedy scarf mons lower (however, theyre still super useful) if youre super concerned about fast mons on ho ill run down a short list of viable speed controls for ho atm; scarf latias, scarf fini, cinderace, dragapult, hawlucha, koko, kartana, spec (i dont really like this one but theres some merit in running it), blaziken (niche pick but can see more usage post shifu), terrakion (noticeably slower than the rest however it still out paces a lot of things + could be useful post shifu as well.)

for now i think im gonna add magearna & another pokemon that beats fairies, since those currently beat my entire team except toxapex
i like the suggestion of magearna as its the single most broken mon on screens at the moment (probably the best ho mon in general) and is pretty much a must. lo cinderace is incredibly good as well as it could provide a lot of utility with its variety of sets (stuff like gunk and eball are super good lures & sucker is good for additional rk ability), however, its not as much as a must gear. you could play around with the slot ace is in if you want to try something different for ho, to make your "own" team ya know. i wouldnt worry too much about fairies if you got gear behind screens, as it sets up on most of them and beats them pretty safely outside of stuff like; scarf trick fini (you can play around it), specs koko (not common), imprison clef (not common at all), unaware clef with boosting moves (not uber common, however, you can still win with gear or you should have something else to deal with it) and opposing gear (deal with it with another mon or be ahead in boosts. outside of that its a 50/50 of who has a better item to win that mu if u decide to set up on each other)

what should i replace urshifu with if it gets banned?
been looking into this personally, terrak and chicken are the first that come to mind but they both perform slightly different roles than shifu but perform part of what shifu can do. kommoo could be cool cause its kommoo

shifu overall is a hard mon to replace on ho for its ability to cover a lot of bases, I dont think the wallbreaking portion would be as hard to replace for the archetype but the RKing (priority) portion will be. Short list of shit that comes to mind; azu, rilla, ace, pult, bisharp

some more niche picks could be like conk or crawdaunt, crawdaunt atm is just outclassed by azu and conk is outclassed by shifu but is also uber slow making it a eh pick

hopefully everything I listed and said here can help you formulate your own ho team and more viable ho team or you can just steal an ho team from somebody else (theres a couple decent ones in this thread). if you decide to build one yourself, dont stick to the mons I mentioned 100%, theres a couple of cool shit I didnt mention like dragonite, hydreigon, zapdos-galar etc... ho is all about trying new things to see what works on the archetype and what next break through could become meta and refresh it for another 2 months before that gets stale. dont limit yourself to just screens as theres a bunch of cool things you can tinker with as well! (webs, hw, weather, terrain just to name a few that arent screens or rocker + 5 goons).

goodluck!

Ox the Fox

is a Tiering Contributorwon the 8th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Smogon Charity Bowl IV Winner
Gonna be posting a team dump of all the teams I've been using in top 5 ladder recently. All of them should keep working after the Urshifu ban, except for the one with shifu on it, as they're all weak to it and I've been been getting around it through offensive pressure, rather than defensive answers.

:Tapu-Koko::Cinderace::Ferrothorn::Slowbro::Mandibuzz::Landorus-Therian:https://pokepast.es/3d79e3ef9e17b69a - Specs koko + cinderace spikes stack, this is the main team I've been using recently and main gameplan is to weaken the ground with landot + ace + koko and then eventually win with the koko ace voltturn combo
:Garchomp::Mandibuzz::Slowking-Galar::Slowbro::Urshifu::Tapu-Fini::https://pokepast.es/7fef398fbbfc56f3 - Slowbro + slowking-g future sight spam team that can break apart basically anything with future sight + urshifu. Scarf fini is there for speed control + dragon switch in and chompers an overall great rocker
:Tapu-Koko::Melmetal::Landorus-Therian::Toxapex::Hydreigon::Cinderace:https://pokepast.es/3c150c9812368c39 - Another specs koko + ace team, same archetype as the other but with melmetal as the steel, hydreigon as the dark, and toxapex as the bulky regen water
:Tornadus-Therian::Rillaboom::Clefable::Garchomp::Suicune::Heatran::https://pokepast.es/cca5485ba23ad3ee - Extremely annoying grassy terrain + suicune team to play against. Protect on tran and cune lets them live forever especially when you have grassy terrain up. Cm barbs clef + cune was the main idea of the team with clef tricking barbs onto pex to allow cune to sweep
:Tyranitar::Excadrill::Tornadus-Therian::Toxapex::Heatran::Tangrowth:https://pokepast.es/d140aada45aca5d1 - Specs tornt sand with an interesting scarf tran tech in order to get some surprise kills

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Some Urshifu teams I liked using in this metagame

:Garchomp: :Clefable: :Corviknight: :Heatran: :Toxapex: :Urshifu: - Scarf Urshifu + SD mixed Garchomp balance. I never truly loved the Scarf Urshifu wave, but this was my best structure with it. A certain degree of surprise factor coupled with Garchomp's power to destroy balanced cores, especially when paired with WishPort Clefable, made this thing an absolute demon later in games no matter what you had for it at team preview.

:Garchomp: :Landorus-Therian: :Magearna: :Tapu Koko: :Urshifu: :Hawlucha: - My take on the KokoLucha HO trend that has been going around. It is not a concept or a group of 6 Pokemon that I want to take credit for, but I really enjoy this Garchomp set and AoA Urshifu on these builds. It all opens up so nicely for Hawlucha to clean things out later in the game.

:Exploud: :Latios: :Urshifu: :Slowking-Galar: :Landorus-Therian: :Tapu Fini: - A bit more of a fun take on CB Urshifu, but one I have used dozens of times on the ladder, including on YouTube. It is by no means the most optimal or calculated squad, but there is a ton of offensive synergy here that is fun to exploit as a player. Slowking-Galar provides Future Sight, which opens the door wide for Urshifu as is. However, there's more. Eject Pack Latios and Trick Tapu Fini are able to maximize the amount of openings Urshifu gets as well as softening the opponent up for everything to be in 2HKO range. And if you face checks/counters despite that, U-turn into Exploud covers legit everything that is able to counter Urshifu, so you're still in luck there.

Maybe I'll post some non-Urshifu teams once the suspect concludes as well.

su1p

formerly VKadenius
firefox_3IaiXTU9qe.png
Sorry for doublepost! I played with Finchinator 's teams and they seemed very solid. I edited the 1st team above and found this version to be nice aswell. This one has LO Adamant Cinderace + Grassy Terrain to not lose as much health from LO while kicking some serious balls with Ace. Though I'm not too sure about the moves for Ace. Team might look slow, but I have double priority in Rillaboom Grassy Glide and Cinderace Sucker Punch.

matchup is better with Lando and Rillaboom. Toxapex removal makes the team really weak to opposing Ace, but I do have a fat Lando. The removal also makes it weaker to rain, but I don't think it's that bad, because rain has fallen in popularity. (edit. Protect > Stealth Rock for Heatran can help vs HJK Cinderace as Lando already carries rocks)

(shoutouts to WLR goat album[Vamp Anthem best song])

Last edited:
Dropping some teams I've been using in high ladder. These teams don't have Shifu (I don't like using him cuz of how much PTSD i have from him in the builder), so they will all probably be better once shifu is gone since it frees up a slot. I will probably update these teams post-shifu.

:tapu lele::magearna::rillaboom::Moltres::buzzwole::swampert: - https://pokepast.es/0771baaf6ac4d275 Specs Lele + Banded Rillaboom both hit really hard and are almost unwalled. The checks they share such as Ferrothorn and Corviknight are weakened for each other throughout the match. T-bolt on Lele to lure Corviknight for Rillaboom. Magearna is dual dance w/ ID taking advantage of grassy terrain or it can use psychic terrain to eliminate threats after 1 CM

:kartana::magearna::rillaboom::toxapex::mandibuzz::swampert: - https://pokepast.es/f84bef75ef611bc3 My take on Kartana+Rillaboom grassy terrain. SD Rillaboom w/ terrain extender is kinda of a nasty set if you set up at the right moment u can take ur time with priority grassy glide. Timid Kartana set from gen 7 is also used here cuz its fun and takes offensive teams by surprise. WP dualdance magearna to bait eq under terrain and sweep.

:dragapult::nidoking::clefable::slowbro::mandibuzz::swampert: - https://pokepast.es/102203c9bb88ef24 Sub+DD Dragapult is a big threat and takes teams by surprise, although It's walled by Blissey + Fairy type but Nidoking packing that Superpower to lure in and 2hko blissey. U-turn/Flip Turn + Teleport to give Nidoking multiple chances to come in safely for breaking. Also Unaware CM Clef cuz fuck HO.

:spectrier::slowbro::jirachi::hydreigon::buzzwole::hippowdon: - https://pokepast.es/73cbecb0baf1687c - This is the team I've been using the most recently. SubCM Spectrier + SubCM Jirachi have great synergy and cripple each other's checks. Slowbro has body press instead of F-sight to weaken Ferrothorn, Kyurem, and Blissey. Buzzwole is fast af to lure Heatran and KO w/ EQ (Close Combat also does 90% min in case of grassy terrain). Disclaimer that this team is hard to use tbh, so I recommend reading the post I made here if you want to see replays and to learn more about SubCM Jirachi and what it intends to do. Again this team isn't really built super solidly, but it's really fun and surprising. Also broken spectrier go weewee

Last edited:
It seems like Urshifu-S ban will probably end with a yes(not that I used it much to actually care about it), but here is another team that I found success with recently, featuring Choice Specs Hydreigon.
Balance Breaker
:hydreigon: :zapdos: :tapu-lele: :cinderace: :landorus-therian: :toxapex:
Hydreigon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 24 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast

Cinderace @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Libero
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- Gunk Shot
- High Jump Kick
- Court Change

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 104 HP / 12 Atk / 244 Def / 4 SpD / 144 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Psychic
- Grass Knot

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 SpD
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes
- Scald
- Recover
The original idea is to build a team centering Assault Vest Landorus-Therian set bestowed by our great Lord Emvee in one of Joey's video(I don't actually remember which one but its from there...), and ends up with this team now. I kind of just want to use Hydreigon as a breaker since the only other Hydreigon set I encountered on ladder is that "wack bulky non-threatening max Hp psuedo Spectrier check" set. Tapu Lele is given Choice Scarf to revenge kill fast threats, or/and act as the speed control. Cinderace is the team hazard setter and act as a decent physical breaker of choice, sacrifices U-turn momentum for Court Change. Defensive oriented Toxapex and Zapdos are there for Cinderace and Melmetal respectively that otherwise breaks the whole team apart.
On a side not, different from the last team I posted here, this team is excellent against Spectrier-based team. As usual, replays are provided as tutorial or reference.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1255495056-i3bro3r9zjvu7rhqq3xb6en2yzsqx49pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1255544094-tmpyr0q20a4sgheo6daeaie5e5t1lwdpw round 2 vs the same guy from above
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1255501170-97i8qoml28fha5qk8285n5991wgd0s4pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1255506675-liqx509i8pabspj1ti03x0xxxwv3dw0pw

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Finchinator what's the 16 SpA evs on sd Chomp for if I may ask?
240 Atk allows you to 2HKO the common Mandibuzz spread with LO Stone Edge always (or OHKO at +2). Leftover in SAtk to help with damage output against Buzzwole, Tangrowth, Skarmory, and Ferrothorn, but there is not really anything super specific besides improving odds, so you can just throw it into attack if you wish. Do not go -SAtk, however.

Katy

Banned deucer.
dual-hazard + sub cm hex-spam

:clefable: :nidoking: :magearna: :spectrier: :excadrill: :hydreigon:

this team is built around stealth rocks clefable and toxic spikes nidoking which synergyzes weall with subcm spectrier. furthermore this team has speec ontrol in forme of choice scarf hydreigon to combat opposing spectrier. magearna is the trick specs set and aura sphere for heatran and ferrothorn. excadrill is the hazard control with rapid spin and rock slide for moltres and volcarona and iron head + earthquake as stabs.
with entry hazard-spam and the help of spectriers wisp this team can be deadly as nidoking helps spectrier and spectrier burns targets, which arent grounded or otherwise immune to t-spikes. the idea is: to set t-spikes early game and then do the damage with spectrier mid- or late-game, u turn + volt switch offered by hydreigon and magearna bring it in more safely during that process.

hope you guys have fun with tryin' that team out!

Last edited:

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
:Zapdos: :Ferrothorn: :Toxapex: :Tapu Lele: :Spectrier: :Garchomp:
This team legit made me cry. I made this a couple days ago and only tested it earlier and now I'm sad. I used this on my alternate account and now that account has a higher elo than my main one. In just a few hours this team got me over two hundred elo points. This team abuses the next incarnation of cancer in the tier right now, which is Spectrier along with the next to no switch ins known as specs Lele. It aims to abuse status so that Spectrier can use the status reliant hex over shadow ball. Toxapex is the main knock off absorber and sets up the needed toxic spikes while being a reliable knock off user thanks to said spikes. Ferrothorn also does the same except it completely punishes its switch ins with paralysis, further making it more beneficial for Spectrier

Update: If Spectrier gives you too much grief, you can replace Zapdos with Hydreigon with this set

Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 172 SpD / 88 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Earth Power
- Dark Pulse

Last edited:
:Zapdos: :Ferrothorn: :Toxapex: :Tapu Lele: :Spectrier: :Garchomp:
This team legit made me cry. I made this a couple days ago and only tested it earlier and now I'm sad. I used this on my alternate account and now that account has a higher elo than my main one. In just a few hours this team got me over two hundred elo points. This team abuses the next incarnation of cancer in the tier right now, which is Spectrier along with the next to no switch ins known as specs Lele. It aims to abuse status so that Spectrier can use the status reliant hex over shadow ball. Toxapex is the main knock off absorber and sets up the needed toxic spikes while being a reliable knock off user thanks to said spikes. Ferrothorn also does the same except it completely punishes its switch ins with paralysis, further making it more beneficial for Spectrier
Why heat wave over hurricane for Zapdos to touch buzzwole if i may ask ?

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Why heat wave over hurricane for Zapdos to touch buzzwole if i may ask ?
To nail Ferrothorn. It doesn't kill it in one shot but at least it would put it to the point where it cannot take any of Lele's stabs. Also, hurricane's accuracy makes me wanna rip my face off. Lele does have focus blast but we all know how reliable that is and I would rather not lose Garchomp's life orb as I try to weaken the durian

Fusion Flare

i have hired this cat to stare at you
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
To nail Ferrothorn. It doesn't kill it in one shot but at least it would put it to the point where it cannot take any of Lele's stabs. Also, hurricane's accuracy makes me wanna rip my face off. Lele does have focus blast but we all know how reliable that is and I would rather not lose Garchomp's life orb as I try to weaken the durian
Also Heat Wave is still dunking on Buzzwole, so I dunno why’d you ever go out of your way to choose a seriously inaccurate move for the sole purpose of decimating something you already beat anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)