Resource SwSh OU Bazaar

:tyranitar: :landorus-therian: :corviknight: :magnezone: :excadrill: :slowking:
This team is the magnesand. The idea is to support excadrill with magnezone, which removes the steel birds. To help with that, there is lando-t, which can lure them and pivot on them safely and bring zone. There is also slowking and corviknight which can pivot and check OU's big threats. Lando-t is your speed control option outside of sand and can clean up game. However, the general idea is that once corvi is dead, you get sand up and clean with +2 drill. I've already reached 1700 elo with a variation of this team that had torna pivot over corviknight and toxapex over slowking. If you have any feedback about it, don't hesistate to tell me.

Katy

Banned deucer.
Tentacruel? That's Cool. With Bulk Up Zeraora and Bulky Volcarona!
:landorus-therian: :corviknight: :tentacruel: :zeraora: :dragapult: :volcarona:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Body Press

Tentacruel @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Dazzling Gleam
- Toxic

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Bulk Up

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Hex

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

this team is built with bulky landorus-t as the stealth rocks setter and corviknight as the defogger, as both can cover a lot of offensive pokemon in the metagame ranging from zeraora, tapu koko, dragonite, tapu lele, clefable, garchomp, and also rillaboom and kartana. whereas tentacruel is a great pokemon to dish out 100% accurate toxics, and it can potentially burn with scald and poison with sludge bomb, the third slot is given to dazzling gleam to cover up the many dragons in the tier, to catch them by surprise. zeraora can be brought in safely by landorus-t and corviknight and therefore gets itself a setup opportunity with bulk up to break through the weakened team in the late game. dragapult is choice specs with hex, as this team has many ways of spreading status with tentacruel especially. last slot is given to a bulky version of volcarona, which the speed tier is able to outspeed neutral nature arctozolt in hail. corviknight, tentacruel, zeraora, and volcarona are also able to cover up weavile and bisharp with playing around these two threats. i hope you have fun with that team :)​

Here we have a balance team that I have been testing for a few days, and decided it is solid enough to be published:
:slowking: :dragapult: :zapdos: :scizor: :landorus-therian: :crawdaunt:
Click on the image above to be directed to the pokepaste link

As I mentioned earlier, this is a balance team, utilizing Choice Specs Dragapult and Swords Dance Life Orb Crawdaunt as breakers. Generally, SpDef Scizor for Kyurem, Slowking + Landorus-Therian as Heatran and Landorus-Therian check, Zapdos walls Rillaboom and checks Melmetal and Urshifu-R. This team is beginner-friendly and easy to use overall, recommend to those who are having difficulties facing unorthodox teams in low ladder. There are more replays actually but I forget which account it was on, basically I just want to show that Kyurem and Dragapult are pain in the ass to verse against.

Shoutout to DolphinWithAGlock for helping out with the teambuilding.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1337363654 that one screen HO
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1337283625 zapdos walling everyone

Aurora Veil HO

Aurora Veil HO team that I've been using, taking advantage of some unconventional sets. I really wanted to try Weakness Policy DD Tyranitar and so far it has worked out surprisingly well. It's by no means a top tier threat, but it can definitely still rack up some bodies. I also wanted to try out CM Latias, so I whipped up this goofy Grassy Seed Stored Power set. It's really satisfying when it pays off. Taking care of Dragapult is a definite priority, which is why I have the only thing in the meta right now that can outspeed and OHKO it: Zeraora. Keeping momentum with this team is huge, otherwise certain offensive threats like SD Scale Shot Garchomp can get out of control. Rillaboom somewhat remedies this weakness with LO Grassy Glide.

Anyway have fun.

Just made my first team, give me as much criticism as you like, actually pretty good so far :blobthumbsup: im new btw.

Terrakion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Air Slash

Melmetal @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 244 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Double Iron Bash
- Ice Punch

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Cute Charm
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Stealth Rock
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

Urshifu-Rapid-Strike @ Expert Belt
Ability: Unseen Fist
Serious Nature
- Close Combat
- Thunder Punch
- Aqua Jet
- Surging Strikes

Tapu Koko @ Focus Sash
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Volt Switch
- Grass Knot

Dragapult @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- U-turn
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Darts

:clefable::slowking::scizor::landorus-therian::dragapult::urshifu-rapid-strike:
urshifu-r port-turn.
i've been wanting to use urshifu-r for a while now, and this team has been functioning well for me over the last couple of days. it has a good amount of flexibility whilst having few poor matchups.

clefable acts as the team's rocker, and eases matchups vs. balances with knock off - its spread is capable of living +2 acrobatics from hawlucha, two eqs from max attack garchomp, two eqs from defensive lando-T, and checks specs dragapult, even having decent chances of living shadow ball -> spdef drop -> shadow ball. slowking provides future sight and teleport utility to the team, whilst also pivoting through the likes of lele and kyurem, and providing a much-need heatran check. scizor checks the likes of lele, kyurem, rillaboom, weavile, and choiced kartana - its spread always living +2 life orb knock off from rillaboom, with the remaining spdef investment avoiding the 2HKO from specs lele's psychic should slowking be weakened. lando-t is the ground-type and defogger for this team, providing an electric and ground immunity in one slot, alongside easing the match-up vs. life orb garchomp, sands, standard lando-t stuff. specs dragapult provides some speed-control, as well as complementary breaker to urshifu-r - fire blast is used to ohko spdef ferrothorn and 2hko under rain, whilst also 2hkoing spdef corviknight and ohkoing pdef after rocks. dragapult+urshifu+slowking is an amazing offensive core with a decent amount of defensive utility, in urshifu-r checking volcarona and the dark-types of the metagame, and slowking doing slowking things.

watch out for bisharp, cm tapu fini, cm flamethrower clefable, sd life orb kartana, and opposing scizor. importable in the pokemon avatars.

Katy

Banned deucer.
A Duck And Friends - Bulky Offense Build With Choice Specs Porygon-Z And Assault Vest Melmetal!

:garchomp: :tornadus-therian: :melmetal: :porygon-z: :volcarona: :tapu lele:
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Melmetal @ Assault Vest
EVs: 128 HP / 116 Atk / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Trick

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

this team is built around porygon-z and assault vest melmetal. porygonz is a great offensive measure against dragapult as this pokemon lets dragapult not spam its best spamable stab in shadow ball. porygon-z can also take out landorus-t, tornadus-t, garchomp, and hippowdon, due to its access to ice beam. due to the teams weakness against tapu lele ive decided to go with assault vest melmetal, and it is also great against dragapult and kyurem. garchomp offers an electric immunity and a check to heatran and alongside tornadus-t as a defogger, they both build up a great core. volcarona can take on kyurem, and is in general a great pokemon in the current metagame with scaring out a lot of pokemon such as scizor, bisharp, corviknight, and skarmory. due to the teams rather slow initial speed i went with choice scarf tapu lele which - despite of it losing a lot of its wallbreaking power - can still act as a revengekiller on common metagame threats and has still a decent damage output with its psychic-type stab moves. in overall this team is built to take on most of the metagames current pokemon, to give porygon-z the chances to wallbreak.​

I made a pretty cool Blacephalon+Hydreigon team(or at least I think it's cool)
I've had a bit of success on the ladder as well so I decided to share the team here, feel free to criticize it, i'm used to it anyway

Blacephalon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Psyshock
- Trick

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Flash Cannon
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power

Kartana @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword

Swampert @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Damp
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Flip Turn
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn

Timid Nature
- Bug Buzz
- Flamethrower
- Psychic
- Quiver Dance

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Tentacruel? That's Cool. With Bulk Up Zeraora and Bulky Volcarona!
:landorus-therian: :corviknight: :tentacruel: :zeraora: :dragapult: :volcarona:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn
- Body Press

Tentacruel @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb
- Dazzling Gleam
- Toxic

Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Bulk Up

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Hex

EVs: 248 HP / 184 Def / 76 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

this team is built with bulky landorus-t as the stealth rocks setter and corviknight as the defogger, as both can cover a lot of offensive pokemon in the metagame ranging from zeraora, tapu koko, dragonite, tapu lele, clefable, garchomp, and also rillaboom and kartana. whereas tentacruel is a great pokemon to dish out 100% accurate toxics, and it can potentially burn with scald and poison with sludge bomb, the third slot is given to dazzling gleam to cover up the many dragons in the tier, to catch them by surprise. zeraora can be brought in safely by landorus-t and corviknight and therefore gets itself a setup opportunity with bulk up to break through the weakened team in the late game. dragapult is choice specs with hex, as this team has many ways of spreading status with tentacruel especially. last slot is given to a bulky version of volcarona, which the speed tier is able to outspeed neutral nature arctozolt in hail. corviknight, tentacruel, zeraora, and volcarona are also able to cover up weavile and bisharp with playing around these two threats. i hope you have fun with that team :)​
Cool team! Wouldn't Ice Beam be better on Tenta to OHKO Lando, Chomp, etc while doing more to Dragapult and Mandi? I'm looking through the OU tier list and having trouble finding things that Dazzling really hits hard. It 2HKOs Urshifu but so does Sludge Bomb. It 3HKOs Kyurem and breaks the Subs but so does SB. You 2HKO Hydreigon but so does Ice Beam with like 5% chip. Ice Beam also does greater damage overall and can fish for Freeze occasionally.

Anyway Tentacruel is my favorite Pokémon so it's nice seeing it get some usage!

:tyranitar: :landorus-therian: :corviknight: :magnezone: :excadrill: :slowking:
This team is the magnesand. The idea is to support excadrill with magnezone, which removes the steel birds. To help with that, there is lando-t, which can lure them and pivot on them safely and bring zone. There is also slowking and corviknight which can pivot and check OU's big threats. Lando-t is your speed control option outside of sand and can clean up game. However, the general idea is that once corvi is dead, you get sand up and clean with +2 drill. I've already reached 1700 elo with a variation of this team that had torna pivot over corviknight and toxapex over slowking. If you have any feedback about it, don't hesistate to tell me.
This is a really cool team but by the looks of it there is no reliable way to kill landorus t, corviknight can stall but that’s it, if u get out slow king u get u-turned on and I don’t think a +1 iron head kills. I haven’t tried this team though so tell me if I am missing something.

Last edited:
Knock Off Spam: Featuring Weavile and Bisharp

:weavile: :slowking: :bisharp: :ferrothorn: :zeraora: :landorus-therian:
Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Future Sight
- Teleport

Bisharp @ Choice Band
Ability: Defiant
Adamant Nature
- Low Kick
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off

Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Weavile is the star of the team, breaking holes with its strong stabs, and cleaning up with Swords Dance and Ice Shard. Slowking helps to pivot in the offensive threats and provides Future Sight to pressure checks to the Dark types such as Urshifu-Rapid-Strike and Buzzwole. Bisharp is the 2nd Dark type on this team. It punishes Defog, and is a strong wallbreaker overall. Ferrothorn is our primary check to water types, and helps cripple the opposition with its Knock Off and Spikes pressure. Zeraora is for a form of speed control, another Knock Off user, and Volt Switch immunity. Landorus-Therian is the Ground immunity and Stealth Rocker for this team. Enjoy!

Dragapult + Urshifu Bulky Offense

:ss/Dragapult: :ss/Urshifu-Rapid Strike: :ss/Tapu Fini: :ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/Ferrothorn: :ss/Tapu Koko:

This team has won OU room tours and got me to 1700 elo quickly. Specs Dragapult U-Turns on whatever it can't kill and brings in Urshifu, which kills everything else. CM Fini checks opposing Dragapult, Heatran, and a bunch of other stuff, and it forms a good wincon. It also 6-0s unprepared teams. Lando and Ferro are role compression for hazard support, Knock Off support, and blanket checking a lot of the tier. Koko is a fast pivot that checks Torn-T, Zapdos, and Hawlucha.

https://pokepast.es/e4f0fae01039042e

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1343643613 "cm fini the most broken shit ever made" -%georgiethefirst

Last edited:
BALANCE IN ALL THINGS
Buzz Buzz (Volcarona) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 216 HP / 136 Def / 96 SpD / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

give rock tomb (Scizor) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Knock Off / Swords Dance

nate hate (Dragonite) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heal Bell
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Roost

SCRAWWW (Zapdos) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

strong will cont. (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 20 SpD / 36 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Endure

edgyjoke.txt (Bisharp) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 192 Atk / 180 SpD / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick
Balance team that works well enough in the 1600-1700's. Every mon has defensive utility because that's how I like my teams.

Volcarona set is from Clone in the OU Analysis, it's a good fat spread that can set up on defensive waters and also is a backup Kyurem check in case Scizor gets worn down. Scizor is the classic SpDef spread mostly for Kyurem - I run Knock Off but it might be worth running SD as another late-game win con. Dragonite is the Heatran counter (even without SR, it's a ~43% shot to OHKO 252 HP Heatran with EQ), and a check to Landorus/Garchomp/most physical threats (probably best to run max/max Defense actually, the given speed outruns max speed Aegislash and Mr. Krabs, but feel free to tinker with the spread). Dragonite also has Heal Bell so it's often fine to do things like trade Toxic with Garchomp, have Bisharp Knock Off an opposing Volcarona's HDB and risk get burned from Flame Body, or have Volc eat a Toxic from Toxapex in exchange for dropping it with Psychic. Zapdos is the Defogger, and Volt Switch is chosen for momentum over Discharge's paralysis chance while Heat Wave is obligatory to nail Steel-types. SR TankChomp is standard - forgot what the SpDef EVs do, RH+Endure is great vs Urshifu-R in particular since Endure works against multi-hit moves like Surging Strikes. AV Bisharp is from SLDR, I changed the EVs a bit since Heatran is pretty well covered, with this spread hitting 210 speed (just above Adamant Mr. Krabs) - it's a pretty good check to many special attackers, and discourages Defog from Corviknight/Mandibuzz/Zapdos (dodges the 2HKO from Defensive Zapdos' Heat Wave most of the time while +2 Knock Off KO's after rocks [which isn't super uncommon if Zapdos comes in after having HDB removed earlier]).

Last edited:
Conkeldurr & Band Melmetal Trick Room

This is standard trick room team utilizing guts conkeldurr & choice band melmetal with alolan marowak as trick room abuser. Hatterene is the main lead who can almost setup trick room safely thanks to her ability that can bounce taunt. 2 other setter cresselia and porygon2 have good type synergy, cresselia psychic typing resist porygon weakness to fighting while porygon is immune to ghost that 3 of this team have weakness to it.

Importable : https://pokepast.es/a1bb8c180751b7a6

Conkeldurr & Band Melmetal Trick Room

This is standard trick room team utilizing guts conkeldurr & choice band melmetal with alolan marowak as trick room abuser. Hatterene is the main lead who can almost setup trick room safely thanks to her ability that can bounce taunt. 2 other setter cresselia and porygon2 have good type synergy, cresselia psychic typing resist porygon weakness to fighting while porygon is immune to ghost that 3 of this team have weakness to it.

Importable : https://pokepast.es/a1bb8c180751b7a6
not gonna lie I do love the hatterene lead. I normally use Uxie for rocks, but magic bounce means they usually set rocks on themselves. also glastrier is ridiculously strong in TR, so thats a thought

Katy

Banned deucer.
Beware of the Dog feat. Aurora Veil Ninetales and Dual Dragon

:Ninetales-Alola: :lycanroc-dusk: :dragapult: :tapu lele: :hawlucha: :garchomp:
Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Freeze-Dry
- Hail
- Hypnosis

Lycanroc-Dusk @ Life Orb
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Accelerock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Dragapult @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Darts
- Phantom Force
- Flamethrower

Tapu Lele @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Nature's Madness

Hawlucha @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Acrobatics
- Close Combat
- Roost

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Scale Shot
hyper offense team built with doggo and alola ninetales to set the veil in one turn, and a bunch of sweepers in dragon dance dragapult, swords dance scalde shot garchomp with fire fang to bypass skarmory and corviknight and also ferrothorn much easier and psychic seed hawlucha combined with tapu lele. lycanroc has swords dance and accelerock as its hard hitting priority move which is able to revengekill pokemon such as boosted volcarona, and close combat can dish through pokemon such as ferrothorn, melmetal, and excadrill. tapu lele with the heavy-duty boots set pressure teams easily with some longevity due to the boots and its incredible coverage where nature's madness is used to chip opponents down severely.

Alternative versions:
version 2: https://pokepast.es/deead9fa1659c351
version 3: https://pokepast.es/8783092b2190ac7f
bonus version 4: https://pokepast.es/373abb38ccebad5f

1622038370892.png
1622038389072.png
1622038443992.png
1622038461204.png
1622038484488.png
1622038503299.png

SkarmBlissZwolePert

Hello everyone I hope you are all doing well? This is the first team I build since returning to singles from vgc. Something I picked up when playing vgc was to double up on your strengths and I think that applies fairly well in singles too. I wanted to share this team because not only was it my first when returning to singles, but it got me up to the 1600s when I wasn’t even fully accustomed to the meta.
When building this team I wanted to have a balance of offense and defense and so I started playing with different defensive cores. The old, but gold SkarmBliss core was my favorite and so I wanted to work with those two. After adding Buzzwole and Swampert in the team I figured we had a solid defensive backbone so I added Zeraora and Dragapult on the team for some speedy offense. This team has a surprising amount of pivoting with teleport, flip turn, volt switch, and u-turn.
One thing I did noticed is that it does have a hard time against set up mons especially if they are unaffected by Toxic. Feel free to try the team out and LMK your thoughts!

1622078552962.png
That’s all for now! Have a great day!
1622078557653.png

Last edited:

ImTheSergio235

Banned deucer.

:ss/Dragapult: :ss/Urshifu-Rapid Strike: :ss/Tapu Fini: :ss/Landorus-Therian: :ss/Ferrothorn: :ss/Tapu Koko:

This team has won OU room tours and got me to 1700 elo quickly. Specs Dragapult U-Turns on whatever it can't kill and brings in Urshifu, which kills everything else. CM Fini checks opposing Dragapult, Heatran, and a bunch of other stuff, and it forms a good wincon. It also 6-0s unprepared teams. Lando and Ferro are role compression for hazard support, Knock Off support, and blanket checking a lot of the tier. Koko is a fast pivot that checks Torn-T, Zapdos, and Hawlucha.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1343643613 "cm fini the most broken shit ever made" -%georgiethefirst
Glad to be on the post of such a cool team!!!! Incredible 6-0 in the finals

The team looks amazing, but how do you manage without hazard control? Spikes especially are tough to deal with.
It's funny because I was trying to build something with scarf trick+nplot gengar and I ended up with this exact team, only heatran>ferro, defog landot and of course gengar>pult. I also think landot does better against most rocks setters then it does against defoggers, but it's landot, it's good at both.

1622090874399.png

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Freeze-Dry
- Draco Meteor

Scizor @ Protective Pads
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Knock Off

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Slowking @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Future Sight
- Slack Off
- Teleport

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog

First post ever. So this team is a nice bulky offense team. I have found some success with it on 1700-1800 elo. The main goal of this team is to either pivot on kyurem or lele and do massive damage to the opponents team. Making use of scizor Uturn, slowking’s teleport, Lando’s Uturn and even volt switch from zapdos. Scizor is able to check opposing kyurem which is the purpose of it being max spdef. Slowking checks opposing lele’s and breakers such as nidoking. Beware of pult switching into it with this team isn’t easy but you can win. Also pads allow scizor to pivot on stuff like moltres,ferro.and zap without worrying about damage or status. Please critique thanks!

Last edited:
The team looks amazing, but how do you manage without hazard control? Spikes especially are tough to deal with.
It's funny because I was trying to build something with scarf trick+nplot gengar and I ended up with this exact team, only heatran>ferro, defog landot and of course gengar>pult. I also think landot does better against most rocks setters then it does against defoggers, but it's landot, it's good at both.
Spikes are annoying; I try to get up all my own layers and end the game before it becomes a serious problem on my end. Sometimes this forces my opponents to clear them from both our sides. Stealth Rock isn’t too big of a deal as long as I’m careful not to take unnecessary chip damage.

If you were to fit Defog anywhere on this team it would probably be on Koko with Defog over U-Turn. But I really like U-Turn, especially on this team. Your call :)

Spikes are annoying; I try to get up all my own layers and end the game before it becomes a serious problem on my end. Sometimes this forces my opponents to clear them from both our sides. Stealth Rock isn’t too big of a deal as long as I’m careful not to take unnecessary chip damage.

If you were to fit Defog anywhere on this team it would probably be on Koko with Defog over U-Turn. But I really like U-Turn, especially on this team. Your call :)
Yeah stealth rock is manageable 100%. I would have to try it then, not exactly the way I play but the comfort zone has to be broken out of sometimes.
Uturn on pivot Koko is a staple as much as tbolt, there's no way I'd drop that to fit defog

BO/Semi-Stall team that I've recently had success with. Made it to the low 1700s and I am not a very good player.

:volcarona: :toxapex: :reuniclus: :skarmory: :clefable: :garchomp:

Importable:
https://pokepast.es/7fa747e24a87c312

The basic premise of this team is to get hazards up, knock off items (especially HDB), and maintain pressure via the two set-up sweepers.

Bulky volcarona can come in multiple times a game and immediately threaten mons like corviknight to keep hazards on the field. I click flamethrower more often than QD early game.
I have two knock off users in Pex and Clef - opposing heatran can quickly be worn down after its leftovers are removed.
Tank Chomp is for removing or severely damaging Urshifu RS and other mons due to passive chip. The 4th slot can either be rest or endure. If rest is run, I like aromatherapy on clefable.
Reuni is completely walled by dark types, but if you can force them to come in on spikes/rocks/T-spikes they can be quickly worn down and removed. The EVs are spread so it can set up on non-specs Koko
Clef is unaware simply because this team is so slow and sometimes being set-up on is unavoidable.
Skarmory is a Rilla check as it can match its SDs with Iron Defense. Also a solid spike setter and can get additional chip w/ rocky helmet.

Threats: Fast taunt users (Tapu Fini, Heatran, Tornadus-T, etc.); Specs Tapu Lele; Kartana if boosted; Volcarona if garchomp is dead.

Last edited:
Hazard Stack fun abuse with assault vest trick Golurk
Click the team icon below for the pokepaste
:golurk: :ferrothorn: :corviknight: :clefable: :toxapex: :tyranitar:

So this wild idea comes up randomly when I was daydreaming in the middle of the work: "why not try to trick opponent mon an item that is usually untrickable" and here we are. I chose Golurk over Lopunny for this simply because Golurk has more offensive presence and while I am team testing it on ladder I get into battles where my opponent has like, zero Golurk switch-ins, as what I will show in the replay battles later.

So the tech on Golurk is simple, big fat hitter, baits in defogger(for whatever reason but they always did that) and sets up rocks(maybe that's why) and has like no drawback for whatever move it clicks. Also it hard counters Regieleki.

Then the middle big four is what I call standard hazard stack + fat balance/stall centerpieces. Their roles are pretty straightforward like except the Corviknight is build to be more as a late game cleaner(also helps to have a greater chance against stuff like Swords Dance Roost Scizor) and defog is unnecessary for this team in my opinion. Clefable also takes advantage of opposing tricked mon to setup and hopefully break thru some fat team. Poison Jab Toxapex for the little trouble from the occasional Calm Mind Tapu Fini. Finally, Tyranitar is the solid Volcarona/Specs Dragapult check I need(and no, not Blissey because Tyranitar needs more love).

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1350668845-eqhkcqkeei675ul1v56d26882kcbwbbpw look at them golurk switch ins, skarm gets av locked
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1350676735-hz6q7edipisyqm49nyxwalk9w1s9g1mpw defogger switch from sub zone, av tornt ftw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1350680311-ts8edyvftohchbp5jc2vjpbnjulirqipw this is why ttar>bliss to deal with dd pult
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1350688315-jzvewrvyhcpwdkmb8sic0ue47gg93bhpw av ferro ftw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1351263353-9w5g6knf2o2knakk16zp1444jhsq206pw defogger switch from sub zone pt2, av mandi ftw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1351301762-n58uckc901ofuuw6u0zr7j9q1xv81cwpw almost half of the team is walled by Golurk
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1351314126-wnb35sxtbn27c2aj1x2ogs0lfyq08z2pw tricked av to hippo renders it useless

A Duck And Friends - Bulky Offense Build With Choice Specs Porygon-Z And Assault Vest Melmetal!

:garchomp: :tornadus-therian: :melmetal: :porygon-z: :volcarona: :tapu lele:
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Flamethrower

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Defog

Melmetal @ Assault Vest
EVs: 128 HP / 116 Atk / 252 SpD / 12 Spe
Careful Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
- Tri Attack
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Trick

EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Psychic

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

this team is built around porygon-z and assault vest melmetal. porygonz is a great offensive measure against dragapult as this pokemon lets dragapult not spam its best spamable stab in shadow ball. porygon-z can also take out landorus-t, tornadus-t, garchomp, and hippowdon, due to its access to ice beam. due to the teams weakness against tapu lele ive decided to go with assault vest melmetal, and it is also great against dragapult and kyurem. garchomp offers an electric immunity and a check to heatran and alongside tornadus-t as a defogger, they both build up a great core. volcarona can take on kyurem, and is in general a great pokemon in the current metagame with scaring out a lot of pokemon such as scizor, bisharp, corviknight, and skarmory. due to the teams rather slow initial speed i went with choice scarf tapu lele which - despite of it losing a lot of its wallbreaking power - can still act as a revengekiller on common metagame threats and has still a decent damage output with its psychic-type stab moves. in overall this team is built to take on most of the metagames current pokemon, to give porygon-z the chances to wallbreak.​
Been trying your team and really loved experimenting with it, Porygon-Z can be really effective against certain teams. However, I've been having a lot of trouble against Volc, especially bulk sets. My only option has been to never let it switch in for free but even with that a Hurricane miss is still gg. What would you suggest?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)