Resource SwSh OU Bazaar

Iguana

formerly mc56556
Hey, everyone!

I've been laddering for OLT and surprisingly having a lot of success (23-2 with this team and at 1500!), so I wanted to share the team that's helped me get this far with you all in case some of you would like to ladder for OLT too! :)

Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 1.30.02 PM.png

galar

Slowking-Galar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Earthquake
- Future Sight

I really love using Glowking in Gen 8 OU, and I think Assault Vest is probably its best set. It can generate offense while still being very hard to break through. Glowking on my team helps wall a number of Special attackers, while still providing that punch to threaten HO and stall teams alike. Future Sight makes opposing offense have to carefully consider which Pokémon switch in/attack when. Flamethrower hits hard mostly bulky Steels, like Corviknight, Ferrothorn, Melmetal, etc. Earthquake is aimed squarely at Heatran, which it's quite helpful against. Overall, a very valuable member of the team!

–

Blissey (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 8 HP / 248 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Seismic Toss
- Soft-Boiled

One of my favorite Pokémon––Blissey! This is my favorite set to use in the current metagame. It's extremely solid and resilient. Blissey is a very reliable Stealth Rocker, and it's also the best SpD wall out there, easily handling most Volcarona sets, Specs Magnezone (watch out for Body Press, though), Nasty Plot Tornadus, etc. The combination of Toxic and Seismic Toss I also think is really effective, as it's quite damaging to many offensive builds. One of the backbones of this team!

–

Clefable @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunderbolt
- Soft-Boiled

Although I really like this team a lot as it is, if there's one Pokémon on it that I would change, it would likely be Clefable. I'm fond of this set on stall teams because it helps generate offense while already having a great defensive backbone around it. However, I find I don't use Clef all that often in battles, making me wonder if something else would be optimal (I'd probably use Quagsire over it, since a good Unaware Pokémon and Electric-immune on this team could be very helpful). In any case, while it is on the team, Clef can be useful in breaking through opposing stall or just really bulky teams. A lot of people use Moonblast/Flamethrower, but there are too many Toxapex around for me to justify that. Besides, if the opposing team has Ferrothorn or something, I can easily switch to Corviknight or Glowking.

–

Buzzwole @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Roost

Anyone who's followed the Gen 8 OU metagame in the past several months undoubtedly is aware of just how good Buzzwole has become. It can comfortably wall Weavile, which is and has been a big threat in the metagame. Additionally, it has a sizable Atk stat, enabling it to really hurt Pokémon like Lando, Garchomp, Dragapult, Ferrothorn, etc. As with a lot of Pokémon on this team, I just used the EV spread given in the analysis. I wouldn't be opposed to just changing the Speed EVs to all Def, though, particularly with crazy HO shit like Shell Smash Cloyster lurking around.

–

Toxapex @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze

Toxapex is a hugely important member of the team, and this is my favorite set to use. Although there was a Shed Shell Toxapex craze for a little while, I think Rocky Helmet is its best item. Chipping offensive Pokémon like Urshifu is wonderful, and you can get a lot of chip damage on stuff like Melmetal too. Scald + Knock Off is a combination of moves that most HO teams absolutely do not want to take. And lastly, Haze is great for CM Clef (without Thunder/Thunderbolt) and also for Hawlucha (Toxapex can always survive a +2 no-item Acrobatics). I had initially considered Toxic Spikes, but I had a hard time fitting it here, particularly since the other moves are so critical.

–

Corviknight @ Shed Shell
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- Iron Defense
- Body Press
- Roost
- Defog

Corviknight is one of the MVPs of this team. I love this set because it really helps combat a lot of cheese HO stuff, like Sub, Swords Dance Lando. In fact, Swords Dance Lando was one of the reasons I opted for this set; Pressure stalls out Stone Edges very quickly, and barring significant hax, this set just walls it. Defog handles hazards well, with Pressure again there to pp stall, so you can switch into Lando time and time again. The EV spread I just got from one of the Smogon analyses, and it seems to have worked well. I can comfortably always wall Lando while still being able to check Specs Lele decently well (between Blissey and Corviknight). Shed Shell is so that I don't get trapped by Magnezone, which still sees a decent amount of usage. (Also, I guess it escapes from Block Toxapex too. lol) Iron Defense + Body Press is a combo that most offense doesn't want to absorb, also.

Here's an importable for the team: https://pokepast.es/7b5af26dd181b16f

Weaknesses

Here are just a few weaknesses I noticed while laddering. Nothing so major as to suggest not using the team, but some things to keep in mind.

-Watch out for Glowking + Weavile offensive cores. Future Sight and Teleport with a Band or Swords Dance Weavile is an annoying pairing to handle, since the main check to Weavile here––Buzzwole––obviously can't handle taking Future Sight attacks. Corviknight helps here, but if it's at low health, it's a dangerous situation. This isn't an automatic loss, certainly, but just a tricky matchup to watch out for/play carefully around.

-Specs Tapu Lele can be a problem, particularly if Corviknight is at low health or if a player catches it and uses Thunderbolt. Overall, I haven't had too many problems with it, but just play carefully around it, and watch out for Psyshocks on Blissey.

And here's my team! I'm sure this isn't perfect by any means, but it's felt very solid as I've been laddering so far. Undoubtedly, once I get into the higher sections of ladder, it'll get harder and I'll have to switch up my team. But, I really wanted to share this team because of how it's excelled in low ladder. I've gotten to 1500 pretty quickly, so feel free to use this if you need something to get through to higher ladder in OLT!

Lastly, friendly reminder to ban King's Rock. It contributes nothing to all metagames and is an uncompetitive item. :psygrump:

Katy

Banned deucer.
Tapu Bulu and Kartana Grass Spam Offense

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 216 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Earth Power
- U-turn
- Toxic

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Earth Power

Tapu Bulu @ Life Orb
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Kartana @ Choice Band
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off
- Sacred Sword

Dragapult @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 96 Atk / 160 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hex
- Dragon Darts
- U-turn
- Thunder Wave

Tapu Bulu and Kartana are a strong offensive core with their STABs getting boosted by Grassy Terrain provided by Tapu Bulu. The rest of the team is Defog Landorus-T with Earth Power to have a reliable STAB still, Heatran, and mixed offensive Dragapult to have a backbone answer to Volcarona. It can also para-spread for itself and for its other teammates, especially for Kartana, Tapu Bulu, and Kyurem, which they all can benefit from and appreciate.

Dual Choice Specs to overload shared Checks with Assault Vest GlowKing

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock

EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 152 SpD / 92 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 56 SpD / 32 Spe
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Trick

EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpA / 80 SpD
Calm Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Landorus-T and Corviknight are a great couple in checking many of the metagame staples, alongside two of the best Choice Specs users with Tapu Lele and Dragapult being a strong core; Tapu Lele also protects Dragapult with Psychic Surge from Weaviles Ice Shard and also provides help for GlowKing. The EV spread vor Croviknight is, to outrun Iron Defense Magnezone and U-turn out on it more safely.

Nasty Plot Mew & Bulkarona Hyper Offense with Smack Down Lando-T

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Taunt
- Spirit Break

Mew @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psyshock
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam

Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Phantom Force
- Dragon Darts
- Substitute

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Smack Down

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 16 SpA / 88 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Roost
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz

Zeraora @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Jolly Nature
- Plasma Fists
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Bulk Up

Mew is an uprising star and I wanted to make some other use of it with using it on an hyper offensive squad alongside Grimmsnarl as a screen setter and Smack Down Landorus-T, to gain the upper hand vs Corviknight and Skarmory. The teammates are Bulkarona and Zeraora as they themselves are great choices on such team structures. Moreover it has Clear Body Dragapult, to help against Intimidate drops from opposing Landorus-T.

Support Dragonite with Gastrodon & Heatran Core feat. Weav-Pult

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 232 HP / 4 Atk / 216 Def / 56 SpD
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Body Press
- Roost
- Defog

Dragonite @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Gastrodon (Gastrodon-East) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 136 SpD / 120 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Flamethrower

Weavile @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Triple Axel
- Knock Off
- Ice Shard

heatran and Gastrodon are a great and underrated core, with Gastrodon checking opposing Heatran well alongside Dragonite and heatran checks Rillaboom, Kartana, Corviknight well with the help of Dragonite. These three Pokemon are put together to cancel out as many weaknesses as possible in the current metagame. It has the core of Weavile and Dragapult, which in itself is very scary and troublesome for many builds, as they're excellent to overwhelm opposing teams.

Have Fun Trying Out These Teams And I Wish All Of You A Great Day! :)

Last edited:
PUP Dragonite HO

So I was rewatching some Emvee videos and from a zebstrika video back in USUM, I saw PUP Dragonite being used. I decided to use it on HO as it can help break holes or be a late game sweeper. Moves are pretty simple, Evs are crazy but work well so I did not change them. Mew does mew things, I like twave taunt colbur as it allows a twave vs specs pult, weavile, and more hazards vs hydreigon or bisharp. While Blacephalon was originally scarf, I changed it to this set as some teams just get 6-0ed by it and thats good for laddering. Zeraora is the standard bulk up set and is here to take advantage of the holes kart, dragonite, and diggersby make in ground types. Kartana is the standard sd set and can be a good breaker or just weaken corvi and other physical walls for late game diggersby or dragonite. I originally used lando, then krook, and finally settled on diggersby as it can punish switchins and not allow defogs from birds as easy due to that coverage. I'm using jolly scarf to mainly outspeed koko so i can prevent screens or just take it off guard. Its a good secondary lead and a late game cleaner.

Tapu Bulu Blacephalon

:sm/tapu-bulu: :sm/kartana: :sm/heatran: :sm/blacephalon: :sm/landorus-therian: :sm/kyurem:
(click a Pokemon for Pokepaste)

I usually only play the ladder every ~6 months to avoid stale metas, but I never shared the teams I built. I hit 1712 while the OLT is going on and I don't want to play anymore so here is my team. :P

Early Bulu, Kartana and Kyurem break the walls. Specially defensive Heatran and physically defensive Landorus are the backbone of the team. Scarf Blacephalon cleans up, but really any Pokemon can sweep late game. This team is quite offensive and slow, so you have to play more aggressive than usual. It's weak to hazards too, so another reason to play aggressive and never let the enemy a chance to set them up.

Some Calcs and Set descriptions
:tapu-bulu:
In my opinion Lifeorb Swords Dance Bulu is a really good breaker in the current meta game. It's faster than defensive Heatran, Scizor, Magnezone, Bisharp and Corviknight. At +2 it OHKOs and 2HKOs like half the meta game. Close Combat OHKOs specially defensive Scizor, physically defensive Ferrothorn and 2HKOs physically defensive Corviknight. Stone Edge OHKOs Zapdos and Tornadus switching in.

:Kartana:
Choice Band Kartana hits hard in terrain. Knock Off OHKOs (most) Mew and Smart Strike has a 87.5% chance to OHKO physically defensive Clefable.

:Heatran:
Heatran can Magma Storm and Taunt to trap Blissey and other defensive walls. The set speedcreeps (some) other specially defensive Heatrans by one point.

:Blacephalon:
Blacephalon is modest over timid, because there are no scarfers around and to deal with Zeraora better. The only scarfer I see is Kartana and timid can't outspeed that anyway. With a Beast Boost you always OHKO Zeraora with Flamethrower and have a 50% chance to OHKO it with Shadow Ball. Most people don't expect the scarf or they don't want you to set up, so you can get some unexpected kills with it.

:Landorus-Therian:
Landorus has Explosion for Hawlucha and it's a good way to surprise nuke a Pokemon even under terrain.

:Kyurem:
For Kyurem you can change the nature to modest to have a 81.3% chance to OHKO defensive Tornadus with Ice Beam while it stays in on you to knock off your Choice Specs.

Threats
:dragapult:
Dragapult destroys this team with Shadow Ball and Draco Meteor. Heatran can only switch in a few times and Blacephalon is the only one who can really revenge kill Dragapult. Just lead Blacephalon if you see it in the team preview.

:weavile:
Weavile is another fast threat to this team. Knock Off and Triple Axel are hard to deal with. If it's banded you can 50/50 it with Bulu and Heatran. Again Blacephalon is the only one who can really revenge kill Weavile. Don't let Blacephalon get chipped, because it gets easily killed with Ice Shard. Just lead Blacephalon if you see it in the team preview.

:urshifu-rapid-strike:
Urshifu can blow some holes into this team as well with Close Combat and Surging Strikes. The only "counter" you have is an offensive Bulu which can only take two hits. If Urshifu is banded you can 50/50 it with Landorus and Kyurem/Kartana. Just lead Bulu if you see it in the team preview and click Swords Dance.

:cloyster:
If Cloyster manages to Shell Smash you have two chances not to get flinched by King's Rock. The first one being Heatran and the second one being Kartana. Every Pokemon forces Cloyster out (if not locked by a choice item) except Landorus before it can set up.

:hawlucha:
Hawlucha sweeps the team on the spot. Hard switch into Landorus and explode on it. If Hawlucha has substitute you can surrender.

Replays
I always forget to save replays, but I saved some of my push to 1700+.

Replay 1696 → 1712
Replay 1643 → 1657
Replay 1618 → 1643

(I pressed random buttons for my name. I always create a new account to get a feel of the new meta after a break and to test new teams. There really isn't a point in saving replays with an account name which I will forget as soon as I log off.)

Have fun trying out this team!

Possibly The Best Stall Ever Built
SweetPatata Stall

Clefable
C0C3AAC6-B6C6-46E0-A869-57FAEF3D84A0.gif

Basically just wish support. It carries thunder wave to support cloyster, who now outspeeds even dragapult.

Chansey
02541ABC-405F-4902-8FFB-9F3823ABBCF3.jpeg

Chansey is the rocker and cleric. It uses aromatherapy to keep cloyster healthy at all times so that it isn’t immediately destroyed by toxic.

Zapdos
A00B05F0-25F6-4B2C-8FFD-A6B298831921.gif

Zapdos is the fogger. I picked zapdos to threaten kartana and have extra para support.

Tangrowth
3BD28105-CE6B-4897-B221-99A69FB0C0C8.gif

Tang is ev’ed to beat fini. It basically does what a normal tangrowth would.

Quagsire
258A9718-E7AA-4933-8D05-07ADD8E18542.gif

Quag does quag stuff and makes the team not lose to tapu koko.

Cloyster
9F4F356C-CEC9-4A65-8CBA-7A687C72611A.gif

Now the only thing that matters, cloyster. It’s ev’d to outspeed paralyzed dragapult (in the case that clef cannot win). Also, it carries toxic for slower mons. Reflect allows cloy to patch up weaknesses in the team, and teleport allows you to diffuse/ gain momentum easily. Mainly, this mon just flinches and annoys para’d mons.

Hey there. Got 2 fun teams for SS OU which I used to get to 1801 (my peak)

The first one is a Sceptile (my fav mon) offence. The team - https://pokepast.es/92c0aa41164b06d4

1626081384438.png
1626081410076.png
1626081425817.png
1626081491771.png
1626081524210.png
1626081544253.png

Sceptile is my favourite pokemon and yes its a poor man's Hawlucha but at the same time you beat Hawlucha offence by out speeding it and finishing it off with acrobatics when terrain is up and after your seed has been consumed. Leaf Blade is stab, earthquake is for heatran, melmetal and electric types, Acrobatics is for grass types and Buzzwole. I was considering rock slide for Zapdos but at the moment acro is serving me well. Salamence is deemed as budget Dragonite but it does have more speed and moxie which help it to snowball. I've gone with wingbeat, earthquake and fire blast for Ferrothorn because I dont want to make contact and 2hkoes Skarm and Phys def Corv. Excadrill is the suicide lead with spin. Koko sets screens and has a fast taunt. Magnezone is there to trap the metal birds and melmetal and kart locked into their steel moves. Weavile is the beast of the team. Banded Triple Axel nukes the birbs like Mandibuzz and Zapdos. Stab Knock off does a lot of damage, low kick for heatran and ice shard to pick of frail foes or those at low health.

This may not be the best team but I've succeeded with it on the ladder. Here are some replays -
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1374053389 - Sceptile cleaning late game above 1731
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1375316804 - Max peak with the team - 1771
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1373392289-h9pr9tuhu7zx6oxrjxw0h01vn2no432pw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1340862020-cbgdemfcjvr9yrtg5c5o3pzhw2fz01vpw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1256878786-vu3n7sgcdxzceta6ylpks84v29rjip1pw

Weakness Policy Zeraora screens - https://pokepast.es/5dc2469b1131e99c

1626082394570.png
1626082419367.png
1626082433212.png
1626082451078.png
1626082485721.png
1626082503326.png

This is screens HO but with something new. Mew is the suicuide lead to punish Garchomps and Landos. Set ups hazards and taunts defoggers or passive mons. Koko is the screensetter and gives a fast taunt vs web setters like Ribombee. Kommo-o can belly drum its way to glory if it can get a sub and belly drum off. Aegislash is the mixed sweeper with great coverage. Zeraora bulk up and recovers with drain punch and gives the team speed control. Hawlucha does Hawlucha things with stone edge for Zapdos.

Here are some replays -
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1374034161 Proof of Peak
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1373412595-t705h0qjsvxim8oid4z1oua7x6hawzbpw

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Time for a mini team dump here. Built all these teams over the course of the past few months and were successful in various places (ladder, tests w/ South, roomtours) and I've shared them elsewhere so figured that I'd share them here so more people could access them. Was originally gonna rmt the first one, but decided against it since it's not as consistent this meta and I don't really have an "accomplishment" to brag about, perse.

:ss/volcarona::ss/Magnezone::ss/rillaboom::ss/landorus-therian::ss/Dragapult::ss/urshifu-rapid-strike:
Heatran Trapping Zone ft Volcarona

This team was built during the early stages of WCoP. Late May iirc, when Volcarona started taking off and SpDef Lando was picking up traction a bit, but wasn't standard yet like it is now. SLDR Posted some heat in the heat thread with a Magnezone spread that reliably trapped Heatran, and I knew I had to try it with Volc and some heavy hitters. Rilla/Volc/Mag was a potent core that handled a vast majority of the metagame at the time, and dictated the structure for the rest of the team. Offensive Spdef Lando T was added to keep electrics in check while keeping Garchomp in line and giving a Ground immunity + Rocks + U-Turn. Pult was the best mon at the time, as Weavile hadn't yet taken off like it has now. Added in shifu to complete the UrshiPult core and the team was complete.

The team was consistent on the higher ladder (1800+) and won a few room tours. Trapping Heatran with magnezone is definitely my favorite thing to do in this game and some of the reactions I've gotten were gold. The team is still viable, but Weavile definitely fucks it up pretty bad and Torn flying around everywhere makes sweeping with Rilla more difficult these days so be aware of current meta trends if you decide to use it. I have replays on my alt, TX01NET, if you wanna see it in action.

:ss/ferrothorn::ss/tapu fini::ss/Garchomp::ss/tapu koko::ss/Tornadus-Therian::ss/heatran:
FerroFini Spikes

I posted this team in the team-building competition, but only one person voted that round so I wanted to post it here as well to give it a bit more exposure. I made this team once Fini started to rise in popularity once more, with the idea being spike stack + U-Turn spam ending in a fini sweep. To this day, this team is the only time I've ever beaten Eo when I've helped him test (that man is a fucking God holy shit). Ferro is a really good stop to koko, fini, and weav, and dissuading ss from shifu and punishing U-Turn is not unwelcome, either. The spread lives +2 Axel after sr + 1 spike, and avoids the 2HKO from pult shadow ball comfortably. Press and Spikes help pressure Tran to keep fini and chomp decently healthy, which are two mons that round out the defensive core with torn. Chomp> Lando cuz fuck heatran and also rough skin is a good ability to punish Knock Off and u turn a bit. Torn stops grass spam and gives defog and Knock Off support (tbh heat wave > hurricane is prolly a decent change to make). Koko is a general pain for most teams and is a great last mon for cleaning. Heatran was added w/ heavy slam to trap gking, clef, and non shed shell pex, while also being a general pain in the ass to switch in to.

This team has won a few roomtours, and as I said above, is the only time I've ever beaten eo out of like 15+ matches. Didn't ladder with it too much but it held its own in the 1700-1800 range in the few games I played with it. It still holds up nowadays, but the increase in koko weav spam means that matchup has to be played almost perfectly if you wanna win.

Bulu BO

:ss/heatran::ss/tapu bulu::ss/urshifu-rapid-strike::ss/landorus-therian::ss/Corviknight::ss/weavile:

This is by far my most consistent team I've made recently. Weavile matchup is a bit rough, but this was made right before Adamant weavile was spammed on every BO/balance. After eo's WCoP game in semis(?) where he used bulu as an offensive shifu check, I wanted to try it out myself. The spread is my own, and EVs are explained in my post in the spread compendium. I built like 5 different versions before settling on this one (I have another with koko>weav, which is also really good, but it's weaker to gking and has a little less breaking power). I wanted an offensive fire/water/grass core, as those were pretty damn good in ORAS (the gen I got my start in competitive mons) and figured it'd be decent in SS. Bulu/tran/shifu handles a good portion of the metagame offensively while simultaneously having the defensive synergy I was looking for. I've thought about using stone edge in the last slot on bulu to help my torn matchup, which is kinda rough, but having Synthesis makes handling shifu 100x easier. Lando + corv round out the defensive core, making most threats as manageable as they can be on BO teams. I've started using corv again, and I think it's probably the most consistent defensive mon in the tier atm, handling a buttload of stuff and pivoting with U-Turn. Rh> Leftovers always imo to punish u turn and Knock spam. Weavile was added as the last mon to sweep through teams after shifu and Tran did their breaking, and my God is it ridiculously good. Adamant > Jolly cuz physdef Clef has a 50% to straight up die at +2 and mixed corv takes 75% minimum. It's insane how often weavile in the back just sweeps through teams. I've had plenty of games where I've won with weav at sub20% hp because of its offensive prowess and boots. It's lowkey busted and there's a reason why it's seen so much usage lately. Try it out. Seriously.

As I alluded to above, the weavile/torn matchup is a bit rough, which is where koko>weav helps (though tbh I've thought of trying koko>shifu, though you lose a LOT of breaking power). Shed shell pex is also pretty much impossible to kill until its knocked and trapped, so be wary of that (also another reason why I've tried koko on the team). Outside of that, though, this team has been consistent in roomtours and the ladder, though I will admit that this is after I tilted out of the 1700s. It's held its own in tests with South, though facing players like eo and ox is always an uphill battle.

I might post some more teams later, but I wanted to stick with teams that I can vouch for, rather than a bunch of random untested teams that may or may not actually be good. They're the most consistent teams in my builder at the moment outside of a few I recently built that I'm keeping just for me atm, and I feel that they're pretty easy for most people to pilot. Feel free to use them, and if you have any questions, lmk.

Peace

Here's a fun and easy-to-use hyper offensive team for you button clickers.
:Slowbro-galar::Zapdos-galar::Tapu-koko::Regieleki::Porygon2::Hydreigon:
https://pokepast.es/24c9c1f571a93878
Lead hydreigon, click Draco. If they have magic guard clefable, click nasty plot; if blissey, nasty plot again. The whole gameplan is regieleki into zapdos-g and blowing stuff up. Slowking is for when you get easy revenge opportunities and can 6-0. Porygon2 is for cheap-O dragapult leads, kyurem, heatran, and volcarona. very good pokemon. Fat Koko so you don't lose on the spot to hawlucha. Use it to test for scarf fini.

You can also go magnet or life orb regieleki with screech, but I like this specs spread better. go timid if you are losing to scarf kartana a bunch. It KO with volt switch either way.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Transistor Regieleki Rising Voltage (140 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Electric Terrain: 469-553 (65.6 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Choice Specs Regieleki Swift vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 108-128 (28.2 - 33.5%) -- 0.1% chance to 3HKO
remember it never does less than 20% to lando.

+1 252 Atk Dragonite Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 26 Def Regieleki: 222-262 (73.7 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO -- always lives after rocks

+2 252 SpA Volcarona Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 151-178 (40.3 - 47.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO -- heal on em

0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Zapdos-Galar: 216-254 (67.2 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO, while Thunderous kick 3HKO.

Optional Heat Silvally Modification
:Porygon2: --> :Silvally:

If you want to lose more to Dragapult, but lure the crap out of Landorus, then use this.
Silvally-Ground @ Ground Memory
Ability: RKS System
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Parting Shot
- Swords Dance
- Multi-Attack
- Ice Beam

4 Atk Silvally-Ground Multi-Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Nidoking: 308-366 (101.6 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Silvally-Ground Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 384-452 (100.5 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Silvally-Ground Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 364-432 (101.9 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Trick room:
I don't remember the spreads:
:Hatterene::Porygon2::Cresselia::Melmetal::marowak-alola::Dhelmise:
https://pokepast.es/4162e18ea1e005e7
Magic bounce/coat on all setters. LO melmetal. Belly Drum Wak. Choice Dhelmise with STABS+ swicheroo. Easy clickin

:zapdos-galar::garchomp::weavile::regieleki::blissey::melmetal:
https://pokepast.es/130f72b441c58f63
Healing wish offense. Weaken birds or water with double Zap. Win with Weavile or Chomp. Body Press Melmetal 6-0s that stupid band melmetal and dragonite team.

:Torkoal::Kyurem::Garchomp::Victini::Venusaur::Klefki:
https://pokepast.es/9a1f1ea46a43fe7d
Sun. Fire Fang garchomp is cheese in sun. Klefki pivots on weavile and is secondary sun setter. No weather ball on venussaur b/c Kyurem has it.

:Cloyster::Gengar::Azelf::Regieleki::Zapdos-Galar::Tapu-Fini:
https://pokepast.es/aa009d47956d6be4
Sash spam offense. Lead cloyster. go 1-for-1 and set spikes. Deny removal with gengar and azelf. Tapu Fini is wincon.

Last edited:
Emolga Is Very Busted
Emolga Balance

If used correctly, Emolga can provide a large amount of support through knock off and nuzzle. Almost every game, Emolga can get a free knock off on common hazard setters, and Emolga is often able to paralyze problematic fast pokemon (for example: when predicting weavile switch-in) as well as provide a wincon versus pokemon with strong set-up and priority. The pokemon that Emolga aims to paralyze include dark types like bisharp and weavile (which rillaboom and dragapult have an easier time against when paralyzed) or strong ice type attackers like kyurem which can threaten to break or stall the team. Specifically against stall, Emolga has a favorable match up as it can easily provide support without worrying much about its fragility.

Also I won an OU toor with it: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1384029185

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

You sure? :blobglare:
This happened to me in a game earlier when changing the moves it sometimes puts the same move twice, was meant to be knock off, sorry.

Banded Scizor + Scarfed Gapdos Mew Lead HO

The idea of this team is using 3 pokemon rises to OU this month : Mew, Weavile, and Scizor. Mew role is leading with setting up hazards while Weavile is a strong wallbreaker to threaten many ice-weakness typing in OU metagame. Bulky banded Scizor is both function as a slow pivot with u-turn and also wallbreaker/revenge killer with banded bullet punch. This team needed spinblocker so I add Gengar that also function as stallbreaker with taunt + nasty plot. Next is Scarfed Gapdos for its defiant ability to take advantage of enemy defog. And the last is Garchomp as a sweeper with its Swords Dance + Scale Shot combo.

Importable : https://pokepast.es/5abd885d91adc81c

FuturePort into Bandshifu and Padding Melmetal

:melmetal: :slowking: :dragapult: :urshifu: :landorus-therian: :corviknight:
Click the sprites above for teampaste

Disclaimer: this is not made by me, it was made by someone few months ago, I made a slight adjustment and I forget who it belonged to...

As the title says, this team is exactly what it is. Future sight into physical attacker works almost all of the time, and it is always fun to slap those Toxapex that is around. Rocky Helmet Corviknight as the physical mons check, with enough special bulk to not get 2hko by random boots Kyurem or flamethrower from Dragon Dance Dragapult. Pads Melmetal ensure free hits into Volcarona, Zapdos or Rocky Helm chips together with Future Sight damage.

Lando-T is the defensive variant that also act as early Dragapult/Heatran check. Hex Dragapult is used here instead of Flamethrower to deal with statused Galar-Slowking/Toxapex after Scald burning them with Slowking.

The usual mandatory replay section:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1386708623 weird offense team ft. Scarf Regidraco
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1386713916 balance team with Pex+Gking
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1386783851 bulky offense and some aggressive plays
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1386790306 veil HO
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1386793352-7qxfy1tbe0qtmxj8kmnxsjl09cmel4wpw balance team ft. Pex again, this time with a bulky zard
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1386789540-0yghtlbromovlja2d1amba7sh5ob5kmpw Trick Room, rocks chip into urshifu 6-0

Last edited:
Gen 8 Steel Spam Works

My team
My team 2 (different bronzong set)
My team 3

I just had this idea while building with friends (I it was for another team I will post soon). Previously, I built a team that used tapu bulu and bronzong on stall. Tapu bulu’s grassy terrain was extremely important on that team, as it kept many mons healthy (bronzong + just passive recovery) and allowed mons like moltres to roost freely. I have already posted this team here. While building I had the thought: What if I built steel spam with grassy terrain support, and made bronzong the main tank for mons like kyurem and lele? Surprisingly, it actually works. Some of the sets are not exactly the most seemingly viable sets, but they work for this team. On heatran I dropped earth power for protect because it would allow me to get more recovery, and on skarmory I dropped spikes for defog because I needed hazard removal. At first I was going to run a breaker over pex, but I decided I needed it for threats like urshifu. Also, another thing to note is that grassy terrain turns heatran, a shaky dragapult check, into a reliable one.

Update: I changed the rillaboom set to beat slowking galar as I later noticed this team struggles to do.
Update2: I changed the bronzong set to beat magic guard mons since this team struggles against them.
Update3: With further testing, I’ve had trouble with some mons. I changed it a little.

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Finch has saved OU once again and since my library is due for a clean up of outdated old junk going to go ahead and dump my old Cloyster/King Rock teams here.

:mew::cloyster::moltres-galar::dragapult::scizor::hydreigon: - Jordy passed this Beat Up Hydreigon set around the time Wcop was going on that looked fire and I felt like making couple cheese squads with a variation of it prior to the inevitable spamming of King's Rock Cloy in OLT. Lowkey was going to run King's Rock on Pult too but Weavile started to become a thing on more teams and I didn't feel like auto losing to it. I guess you can just click X on Tapu Koko and Zeraora which prompted me to make below version.

:regieleki::cloyster::moltres-galar::dragapult::scizor::landorus-therian: - Second version a little more practical cause it doesnt autolose to Tapu Koko and it's screens to deter a couple bad matchups the first version had, especially rain smfh.

:skarmory::garchomp::cloyster::volcarona::tapu-koko::dragonite: - Skarm Offense that was pretty weak to Pult I used like 4 times and never again. Was cool to mess around and meme a bit.

:weavile::landorus-therian::scizor::magnezone::tapu-fini::dragapult: - At first I thought about trying out Kings Rock Beat Up Weavile inspired by the similar Band Bisharp that runs Beat Up then some days after I see replays of it used in OLT and working so I had to try and make something with it for shits and giggles. Weavile scares off so much in the format so it's easy to set up an SD early on while everyone is still alive and just flinch down fat mons not named unaware Clef. Fishing > Outplaying lol.

:regieleki::cloyster::landorus-therian::mew::weavile::volcarona: - Weakness Policy Mew Screens Offense. This team is unironically terrible and somehow manages to get 6-0d by Heatran so I should've thrown this in the bin long ago. The Mew concept is cool and maybe I'll flesh something out more practical one day, but not today.

Would say enjoy but they're old and bad (probably can salvage 4th squad though) so feel inspired.

New Cofagrigus Dual Dance

Alternative Fini Spread (I think it is better):
Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 224 HP / 156 Def / 32 SpD / 96 Spe
Bold Nature
- Trick
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Light Screen

Pros:
- Outspeeds Max Speed Specs Blacephalon
- Bulkier (can tank a hit from pretty much everything which is helpful in many matchups)
- Eases Urshifu weakness
- Outspeeds some threats after tricking

Cons:
- No longer a genuine speed control
- A little less special bulk

Playstyle Changes:
- Let’s you be more aggressive
- Can drain momentum (Can also give you momentum with light screen and trick)
- Usually, you want to keep scarf for longer

Cofagrigus is usually a 1 time thing, but that doesn’t mean you can’t force switches and aggressive plays from opponents by bringing it in early. You can use this to get stealth rock chip or make your own aggressive read. Cofagrigus opens up opponent teams for Weavile and vise versa. Landorus has smack down over knock off because smack down lets Landorus hit Corviknight and Volcarona. Major threats to this team are Urshifu and Incineroar, but the Fini can deal with them (although constant chip from these two can be scary). Also, light screen ensures set up safety for Cofagrigus against mons like Lele. It does not make setting up against Dragapult safe; however, you do tank a shadow ball if a calm mind is up I believe.

This team is pretty straight forward. Lmk what you all think about it if you decide to try it.

Replay (I’m p low ladder rn): https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1391606889

Also another fun thing you can run on Cofagrigus is misty seed. It makes setting up easier but you also lose longevity.

Last edited:

Katy

Banned deucer.
Dual Ground with Hydro Pump Dragapult, AV Glowking, and Aladdin (Bulky Nasty Plot Tornadus-T)

:tornadus-therian: :garchomp: :dragapult: :slowking-galar: :landorus-Therian: :corviknight:

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Knock Off

Garchomp @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Scale Shot

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Draco Meteor
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump

EVs: 252 HP / 12 Def / 124 SpA / 120 SpD
Calm Nature
- Future Sight
- Sludge Bomb
- Flamethrower
- Scald

EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 152 SpD / 88 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Corviknight @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

explanation: this is a team i've built around bulky nasty plot tornadus-t, with galarian slowking, landorus-t, and corviknight as defensive backbones for the three remaining teammembers in tornadus-t, garchomp, and dragapult. dragapult has hydro pump to pressure heatran and hippowdown, and also landorus-t for super effective damage, without relying on draco meteoers to bust through them. galarian slowking has the assault vest for checking tapu fini, tapu koko, tapu lele, and heatran. landorus-t is the stealth rock setter and able to put a lot of pressure onto opposing teams with the combination of toxic, and slow(er) u-turns. corviknight helps with checking weavile and tapu lele and it has body press to further pressure heatran, rocky helmet is chosen for heavily weakening urshifu-r in the process of the game. garchomp has the offensive swords dance set with scale shot + fire fang, so its able to put pressure on opposing corviknights with stone edge + fire fang, whereas tornadus-t profits from a great speed tier and its able to also extent the pressure on opposing teams with nasty plot boosted attacks and knock off.

replay: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1394543628

shoutouts:
Abhi for giving his thoughts on this team and for being a great buddy
ausma, Ruft, Ox the Fox, , Tysonslayer, Pujo, Aberforth, devin Zneon, DKM and Dawn Greninja for being amazing friends
at the traineracademy, i appreciate you guys alot!
and the amazing translations community, you are awesome, keep it up!

Last edited:
Semi-Viable Team
Coming from me this is kinda insane.
The team
Ghost spam does ghost spam stuff.
Weav was originally Blaziken, but I wanted more solid Dragapult counterplay.
The defensive core is basic tbh.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Dumping my stuff to start fresh again and maybe eventually something that doesn't lose to Hail :blobshrug:

July:

:landorus-therian::ferrothorn::heatran::tapu-koko::tornadus-therian::tapu-fini:

Very basic Offensive Nature Power Heatran structure paired with Spikes.

:victini::tapu-fini::landorus-therian::kartana::corviknight::weavile:

Special Tini with Band Kart.

:zapdos-galar::aegislash::tapu-fini::landorus-therian::heatran::tapu-lele:

G-Zap team I built for the teambuilding comp in this post. Regnite ended up using this in some random tour game and despite some weaknesses I like this build a lot for the simple fact it doesn't seem boring as hell.

:toxapex::magnezone::buzzwole::heatran::rillaboom::corviknight:

This team has to dance around Heatran sometimes, Torn a nightmare, only speed control is Rillaboom so it isn't fantastic but I do enjoy using it myself. EjectPex to trap Corv to support Rilla. I started liking Specs Zone a lot more around this time period.

:heatran::tapu-fini::scizor::landorus-therian::weavile::tapu-koko:

Another Nature Power Heatran build this time with Balloon and CM Koko which I got inspired to build after getting swept by one.

:tornadus-therian::urshifu-rapid-strike::corviknight::garchomp::heatran::ferrothorn:

Life Orb Torn-T, a set that has somewhat gone extinct, is strong as hell and is a nightmare for defensive cores when accompanied with Taunt since they normally don't have the firepower to threaten it long term. Couple things to support it like Spikes.

:garchomp::corviknight::tapu-lele::weavile::slowbro::dragapult:
:landorus-therian::corviknight::tapu-lele::weavile::slowbro::dragapult:

The original build was with Adamant Life Orb Chomp to wall-break, 2hkoing things like Defensive Unaware Clef, putting heavy damage on things like Support Landos with SD + Aqua Tail. The second build is a product of the first build being too weak to Tapu Koko long term after MajesticM tested for me. The Lando helps deal with the electrics barring present threat Arctozolt now. I like Future Sight + Psychic Surge as a concept and I built a similar structure when Phero was around so kind of used that as a blueprint here. SD Chomp still a strong mon, should be used more.

:dragapult::volcanion::landorus-therian::magnezone::tapu-koko::clefable:

Band Pult, HDB Volc with Koko and Rising Voltage Mag to supplement each other. Clef moveset I grabbed from eclipse's OLT team that had it which I thought was a really cool tech and felt it would pair well with everything else.

:clefable::landorus-therian::weavile::slowking-galar::rotom-wash::heatran:

The Kee Berry Clef build inspired by dex which I further elaborated a bit in this post. Little Ursh weak otherwise I enjoy using it.

August:

Work been a bit obnoxious so lack of motivation, kind of messing around at this point not caring too much. Did build a few things.

:moltres-galar::hippowdon::urshifu-rapid-strike::toxapex::corviknight::dragapult:

Moltres-G in general is a dope mon and should be utilized more cause it's very strong to cover defensively barring specific things like SpDef Unaware Clef. It's known as more of an offensive staple with Agility/Nasty Plot but I thought this set would be cool to annoy bulkier structures a bit so I just put some stuff around it. Kind of slow but cool to me.

:azelf::bisharp::landorus-therian::volcarona::keldeo::regieleki:

This team is negative and hefty trash lmfao but I don't care Life Orb Volcarona strong as shit.

:nidoking::tapu-fini::ferrothorn::landorus-therian::tornadus-therian::weavile:

Nidoking spikes stack which is a structure I like when Nidoking has its stages of being viable or at least more so compared to past stages.

:wailord::shedinja::corviknight::blissey::clefable::toxapex:

Inspired by Da stall masta 999 RMT which you can find here and his discussion points about Wailord I built this team to mess around with it. It has some issues but it was fun to use something like Wailord as a Heatran check for fat and being able to trap things like non Grass move Ferros. Cool mon and I always like trying new things out that I think has some real applications.

:klefki::bisharp::urshifu-rapid-strike::garchomp::thundurus-therian::tapu-koko:

Electric Surge HyperOffense with Spikes Klefki. Team is squishy and isn't too great against Scarf Lele builds and opposing Koko but at this point I wanted to test out some new stuff. I'll probably flesh something out better in the future.

:mew::cloyster::polteageist::landorus-therian::dragapult::bisharp:

The teapot is busted and is fun as hell to use so people should try it more, good paired with Lele as well. Teams a bit weak to Weavile and Weather but I like messing around with this sometimes.

:heatran::tapu-bulu::steelix::tornadus-therian::dragapult::weavile:

A Specs Heatran build with bulky Bulu and Steelix functioning as a check to things like Koko and Clef providing Rocks.

:necrozma::magnezone::landorus-therian::tornadus-therian::tapu-fini::weavile:

Saw a build devin I think made with Necrozma with like Aegi Rilla Zera but I felt it had a hard time dealing with Weavile when I was using it so I decided to build my own with a more defensive backbone that I usually like with Scarf Fini and Mag to trap Corv/Skarm for Necrozma.

Besides 228 EVs for Scarf Fini Moonblast to kill Weavile from full don't ask what specific EVs are for. I don't know or forgot shrugs.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/62f432c6912ce952
:articuno-galar::Clefable::rotom-heat::jirachi::amoonguss::buzzwole:

Fun balanced team i made around my favorite new galar form. Buzzwole is sick and rotom is the best supporter i have used

https://pokepast.es/4cc4957ecd228d10
:Skarmory::Crawdaunt::tapu lele::dragonite::volcarona::kartana:

Hyper offensive team with good ol' skarmory lead and a bunch of choiced users and volarona as a sweeper. Haven't tested this one that much but it seemed fun and quick to play.

PS: I'm pretty average or below average at building so use these at your own risk!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)