Resource SwSh PU Teambuilding Lab - Request teams here! (OPEN)

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
sexywooper
I made this team specially for my match against Expulso during Summer Seasonal, based around Magmortar + Spikes, mainly taking advantage of teams with shaky Charizard matchups from relying on Pokemon like Archeops. Ultimately going with Taunt > Toxic on Magmortar to better distinguish it from Charizard itself. I wanted a bulky offense structure so I opted for Qwilfish as the spiker, and it comes with the ability to spread paralysis for Magmortar too. Tsareena was the next addition that formed a neat FWG core and provides the coveted Rapid Spin for the hazard stack. Archeops is able to provide some defensive utility against Charizard and a real menace once Magmortar and Qwilfish soften the opposition. Dual Wingbeat is ran over U-turn to patch up the Scrafty matchup. Klinklang is a rare sight, but fits nicely here with its great speed tier and having Magmortar and Tsareena already hitting hard. It stands out from Silvally-Steel thanks to the combination of Shift Gear + Wild Charge. Claydol is the final component, providing Stealth Rock, an additional Fighting-type resist, and can Teleport to get Magmortar in easier. Body Press is ran over Psychic to further improve the Scrafty matchup. Psychic is not truly needed since Teleport -> Substitute Klinklang is great against Weezing. Hope you have fun with the squad!

Requesting a team with this Absol if possible.
Absol @ Choice Band
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail

would like to request a team with future sight (maybe mesprit) + choice band Passimian
Hey! Here's your team:

I went with Lunatone as a Future Sight user for its ability to come in very easily on prominent meta mons like Charizard, Weezing and Sandaconda while also laying rocks for some move compression. Rock incense is nice as Power Gem then has a solid chance to 2hko the likes of Tsareena that want to come in on it. CB Pass does CB Pass things, only advice would be to be selective with when you click Knock Off since there's a Poltergeist user on the team.

That brings us on to Gourg-XL who offers a sturdy fighting and non-Triple Axel Tsareena check while also just generally eating physical hits and hitting back hard. Itemless gives you both a Poltergeist switchin and reduces Knock Off damage - scarf Passimian does like 38 max and even max jolly Scrafty can't 2hko. Shadow Sneak is generally useful priority, particularly nice on a slow tank mon as it can prevent you taking extra hits and getting worn down. Poltergeist into Sneak can kill a lot of common mons that will try to switch in like Charizard and Scyther - remember, if the poltergeist hits for 75% then the sneak will kill!

Cryo is a blanket special check, brings some speed to the team and also hazard removal. The spread prevents a 1hko from modest specs Drampa's Draco Meteor while still outspeeding Charizard with the rest in spattk. Most people are surprised by how hard an Ice Beam from Cryo can hit - you have a good chance to 2hko a lot of neutral offensive mons with it. Toge brings some speed control and extra crucial resists to the team. Quag patches up holes to SD silvallys, Scrafty insurance and also some general blanket physical walling.

I find early game the teams focuses around Lunatone and Gourgeist breaking through walls and then Pass comes in later on and clicks CC more freely. Here's a replay with it in action!

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1410613173

avarice

greedy for love
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
avg

Dragon Dance Scrafty is really fun Pokemon to use hitting hard and sporting decent coverage, and definitely gets the most mileage with Webs support. Vikavolt was chosen the as the setter for its decent bulk and sustainability making it useful against Pokemon like Ferroseed even in longer games. Offensive Jellicent is extremely underrated and can spinblock Hitmontop. It has pretty decent coverage when not nuking with Water Spout; Ice Beam nails Drampa and Giga Drain does a decent amount to Lanturn while allowing for some recovery. Tsareena provides removal to keep Jellicent at full easier and is generally a great Pokemon helping with the fat matchup. Additionally, Tsareena's Queenly Majesty is here to block Prankster Whimsicott's Defog for this webs team. Archeops is extremely useful for when Vikavolt is struggling to get up webs and provides the team a Charizard switch-in. Choice Scarf Togedemaru similarly assists as speed control when there is no Sticky Web up. It can draw in Pokemon like Sandaconda and Quagsire for Jellicent to freely Water Spout as well. s/o 2xTheTap for helping a bunch with this one.

2x edit: where is a replay?

Last edited by a moderator:
Requesting a team with this Absol if possible.
Absol @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Close Combat
- Iron Tail
Hi! I've just joined the teambuilding lab and I'm happy to have the chance to present a team for you. I'll be going over the concept in two parts; the first one where I talk about the team, and the second in which I go over the process of how you can build optimally with CB Absol so that you can have some great pointers to look towards in the future should you decide your own twist with it.

Building with Choice Band Absol requires being cognizant of the importance of chip damage (the kind that is feasible to facilitate early-game), as its damage output often dances around OHKO and 2HKO range against a lot of defensive and offensive Pokemon. Spikes are a very powerful component within a structure that uses CB Absol; In addition to pushing some physically defensive Pokemon into Knock Off 2HKO range (Ferroseed, Sandaconda, Druddigon), it helps to contain Fighting- and Fairy-types that can take a Knock Off and give you avenues to out-offense the opponent with Sucker Punch (ex: 252 Atk Choice Band Absol Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 244-288 (88 - 103.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes, 252 Atk Choice Band Absol Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Togedemaru: 250-295 (92.2 - 108.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes), especially considering hazard stacking discourages constant switching. I also find that Absol's deadly coverage moves means that when you can use them, hazards make it that much easier for the opponent to have to play your game since you are exerting some mileage in some fashion when forcing switches.

Next, Absol mandates defensive backbone to suffer from the losses of momentum from its middling Speed and being Choice-locked. Defensive Pain Split Qwilfish and Protect Gigalith are great for soaking up those momentum losses while having a very strong hazard stack game against Fighting- and Fairy-types and provoking residual damage through other means (Rocky Helmet, Sandstorm chip, Toxic). Heavy Slam on Gigalith can punish Fairy-types very heavily (perhaps consider creeping Aromatisse if you wish), while Thunder Wave on Qwilfish can help Absol outspeed certain Pokemon and helps the team revenge kill a speed boosted Silvally. Poison Point is used on Qwilfish because the team needs that to manage against Passimian.

As far as speed control goes, Choice Specs Ribombee is the secondary wallbreaker who also relishes on Spikes support and has an identifying trait of being faster than the majority of unboosted Pokemon, letting it revenge kill effectively in situations where Absol would get outsped. Another feature it has is the ability to 2HKO Ferroseed after Spikes and always threaten Tangela with Bug Buzz even if it loses its item. A Fighting- and Ground-type switch-in is also desirable, as Absol doesn't want to directly engage in a 1v1 scenario.

Sandslash capitalizes on sand and consolidates the team with its utility and sweeping potential. Outside of sand, a Rapid Spin boost guarantees you to be faster than base 105s (Scyther, Croygonal, etc.). I find Knock Off ideal for coverage, as it hits certain threats the team is lacking switches for (particularly Exeggutor and Trevenant). You may also notice Soft Sand, which allows for crucial unboosted damage against Lanturn (always OHKOed), Offensive Alolan Sandslash (OHKO), Basculin (OHKO after SR/Spikes) and offensive Hitmontop (OHKO after a Spike). +2 Soft Sand also reaches practical KO thresholds against Scrafty, Ribombee (w/ out SE/PJab), and defensive Fairy-types.

Lastly, Rotom brings the team together as a situational momentum spinblocker who is useful for revenge killing threatening base 80 Speed boosters (Kabutops and Choice Scarf Passimian in particular).

The takeaway here is that CB Absol can thrive not just from actively facilitating chip damage for it, but also in their ability to use these benefits for themselves. At any rate, enjoy!

Replay!

Hi! I've just joined the teambuilding lab and I'm happy to have the chance to present a team for you. I'll be going over the concept in two parts; the first one where I talk about the team, and the second in which I go over the process of how you can build optimally with CB Absol so that you can have some great pointers to look towards in the future should you decide your own twist with it.

Building with Choice Band Absol requires being cognizant of the importance of chip damage (the kind that is feasible to facilitate early-game), as its damage output often dances around OHKO and 2HKO range against a lot of defensive and offensive Pokemon. Spikes are a very powerful component within a structure that uses CB Absol; In addition to pushing some physically defensive Pokemon into Knock Off 2HKO range (Ferroseed, Sandaconda, Druddigon), it helps to contain Fighting- and Fairy-types that can take a Knock Off and give you avenues to out-offense the opponent with Sucker Punch (ex: 252 Atk Choice Band Absol Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 244-288 (88 - 103.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes, 252 Atk Choice Band Absol Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Togedemaru: 250-295 (92.2 - 108.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes), especially considering hazard stacking discourages constant switching. I also find that Absol's deadly coverage moves means that when you can use them, hazards make it that much easier for the opponent to have to play your game since you are exerting some mileage in some fashion when forcing switches.

Next, Absol mandates defensive backbone to suffer from the losses of momentum from its middling Speed and being Choice-locked. Defensive Pain Split Qwilfish and Protect Gigalith are great for soaking up those momentum losses while having a very strong hazard stack game against Fighting- and Fairy-types and provoking residual damage through other means (Rocky Helmet, Sandstorm chip, Toxic). Heavy Slam on Gigalith can punish Fairy-types very heavily (perhaps consider creeping Aromatisse if you wish), while Thunder Wave on Qwilfish can help Absol outspeed certain Pokemon and helps the team revenge kill a speed boosted Silvally. Poison Point is used on Qwilfish because the team needs that to manage against Passimian.

As far as speed control goes, Choice Specs Ribombee is the secondary wallbreaker who also relishes on Spikes support and has an identifying trait of being faster than the majority of unboosted Pokemon, letting it revenge kill effectively in situations where Absol would get outsped. Another feature it has is the ability to 2HKO Ferroseed after Spikes and always threaten Tangela with Bug Buzz even if it loses its item. A Fighting- and Ground-type switch-in is also desirable, as Absol doesn't want to directly engage in a 1v1 scenario.

Sandslash capitalizes on sand and consolidates the team with its utility and sweeping potential. Outside of sand, a Rapid Spin boost guarantees you to be faster than base 105s (Scyther, Croygonal, etc.). I find Knock Off ideal for coverage, as it hits certain threats the team is lacking switches for (particularly Exeggutor and Trevenant). You may also notice Soft Sand, which allows for crucial unboosted damage against Lanturn (always OHKOed), Offensive Alolan Sandslash (OHKO), Basculin (OHKO after SR/Spikes) and offensive Hitmontop (OHKO after a Spike). +2 Soft Sand also reaches practical KO thresholds against Scrafty, Ribombee (w/ out SE/PJab), and defensive Fairy-types.

Lastly, Rotom brings the team together as a situational momentum spinblocker who is useful for revenge killing threatening base 80 Speed boosters (Kabutops and Choice Scarf Passimian in particular).

The takeaway here is that CB Absol can thrive not just from actively facilitating chip damage for it, but also in their ability to use these benefits for themselves. At any rate, enjoy!

Replay!
Thanks for the team Milah, I also appreciate the calculations and explanation of the team.

Vikavolt @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball

I saw Agility Vikavolt on the teambuilder and just knew I had to want to make a team with it. On paper, this set can set up on quite a few Pokemon in the tier (Tsareena as IIRC you can tank a Knock, non-AV Lanturn, Grass and Water types in general, as well as our Ground and Fighting types that don't have Rock coverage) to sweep, and has a lot of natural power even without going Modest (though if need be you could switch the nature on this to Modest). Ofc, it struggles against the likes of Gigalith, so I'd like teammates that'd help against that.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
|Powerman|

:gallade: :togedemaru: :sandaconda: :lanturn: :whimsicott: :charizard:
Hey there, here is the Gallade team you requested. The team was designed in a way to bring in Gallade as safely as possible to rack up damage. Gallade has Psycho Cut over Zen Headbutt to avoid taking Rocky Helmet damage from Weezing and Leaf Blade is here over Knock Off to help muscle past Quagsire. Lum Berry also makes setting up easier to heal off any status. CS Togedemaru is chosen cause it paired well with Gallade, being able to revenge kill faster Fairies like Ribombee and threaten Charizard too. Next, I wanted a rocker, status absorber, and better switchin to Aggron, so Sandaconda was chosen for those reasons. Glare support is really especially helpful for Gallade too and not touching Weezing is mitigated by Gallade. Lanturn is here for Charizard check, Toxic + Protect helps rack up residual damage on bulkier Pokemon that can take on Gallade like Jellicent, Water Absorb is here over Volt Absorb since there's 2 Electric immunities already and Water Absorb helps ease the matchup against Arctovish as well as switch into Scald. EVs are a bit wonky but Lanturn is deliberatly slower than max speed Drampa to get slow Volt Switch off, with the defense living Adamant Power Whip from Centiskorch after rocks (idk how relevant this calc will be in the long run, but did it just in case). Whimsicott provides speed outside CS Togedemaru as well as way to check Scrafty. Pixie Plate for more damage with Moonblast ,U-Turn to get in Gallade on Weezing or Steel-types like Ferroseed expecting dual STAB with Knock Off to cripple something like removing boots from Charizard. Lastly was Charizard for Defog support since Toxic Spikes were a hinderance, ground immunity, and backup fairy check. Enjoy the team!

Replay of the team in action:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1432047279-okadt08bvhld1v9xgebjk5kbcg01blnpw

Last edited:

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I'd like to request a team built around Nasty Plot Rotom-Frost (Preferably with will-o-wisp for the last slot) + Scarf Passimian please. Thanks in advance! :D
Hey FangFoe, you are welcome to request something different, given Passimian is no longer in the tier. If you'd still like NP Wisp Rotom-Frost, we can also make that happen. Just let us know!
Hello, I‘d like to request a team around SD Scyther. I think it‘s a super interesting moon with a lot of potential, but I can‘t quite figure out how to make it work. Any help is appreciated :)

This request yielded ~10 different Scyther builds, but many of those are now unusable thanks to Silvally-Steel and Passimian leaving the tier. While building these, I discovered Scyther was actually more effective without Swords Dance and with 3 Attacks + Roost or even just an AoA set. Reason being, Scyther's most common switch-in in this meta is bulky Aggron, and so Brick Break can find a lot of use if you're without solid Aggron counterplay. Most of my builds had something fat for Aggron like Poliwrath or Quagsire though, so I ended up using 3 Attacks + Roost given how effective Knock Off is against many of Scyther's natural checks, like CS Togedemaru and Weezing. Anyway, I won't share every team I made, but I will give you one version with SD Scyther and another with 3 Attacks + Roost (Roost may not be necessary even, and you can drop it for Brick Break even if it looks weird).

The first team revolves around that combination of Iron Defense + Body Press Carbink and Specs Jellicent breaking everything together. Pretty much, if you can name a Body Press resist, it's something that Specs Jellicent comes in on and breaks with ease; for example, Weezing coming in is a free opportunity for Jellicent to switch in and open up teams with Specs Water Spout. In reverse, if you're thinking about answers to Specs Jellicent, like Audino for instance, Carbink comes in for free on that and uses that as setup fodder. Carbink is run Jolly here for the sake of not losing out to Adamant Aggron or SpDef/Def Scrafty. Rock Tomb is a tech that tlenit suggested I use, and it really does find a lot of use alongside Body Press; Rock Tomb the switch-in, then finish it off as you're faster with a boosted Body Press. Or, if you're about to sac Carbink and it's no longer necessary, Rock Tomb then bring Jellicent in on that slowed Pokemon on the following turn. Specs Jellicent finds a lot of opportunities to wallbreak here simply because Scyther forces a lot of switches via its offensive presence alone and then capitalizes on this via U-turn, which grabs momentum and allows you to easily pivot to Jellicent. If you think more about what kinds of switch-ins Scyther has, outside of bulky Togedemaru, all of those also lose to Specs Jellicent (ex. Regirock, Aggron, Gigalith, Palossand, Weezing all like to come in on Scyther's U-turn but lose to Jellicent).

From here, Scyther, Jellicent, and Carbink covered a lot of big threats like Charizard and Drampa defensively, but Ferroseed was starting to look like trouble as that chips all of these, and if it does chip Jellicent, that lowers its damage output with Water Spout, so I wanted a form of hazard removal that both cuts off Ferroseed's recovery by blocking Leech Seed and threatens it with super effective coverage. Sap Sipper Drampa was added for these reasons, and it's EV'd to not be 2HKOed by Charizard's Hurricane while outspeeding uninvested base 50s: 252 SpA Charizard Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 144 SpD Drampa: 148-175 (41.1 - 48.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO. Drampa also protects Carbink and Jellicent from Gourgeist's and Trevenant's dual STABs (while also making it so you don't have to risk pivoting Scyther into Poltergeist by accident), as well as Jellicent and Scyther from attackers like Rotom and non-Dragon Claw Silvally-Ghost.

Scyther is a great check to Tsareena, but it doesn't really like switching into that directly for risk of Knock Off and/or Triple Axel, so a Knock absorb that can easily take on Tsareena became necessary for this next slot: Weezing synergized well with the rest of the team, and its Toxic Spikes are protected from being removed via Rapid Spin by Jellicent (another way to bring in Jellicent is to come in on a blocked Rapid Spin then attack from there). Lastly, the team was lacking speed control, a volt immunity, and a resist to Ribombee, so Scarf Togedemaru was a very easy add that ties the team together nicely.

This second team here is very similar in how it plays, but with the breaker slot going to CB Poliwrath instead of Jellicent. The idea is more or less the same here: pivot around with Togedemaru and Scyther, then switch to your Rotom on Weezing switch-ins, or Poliwrath on Pokemon like Palossand, Regirock, Gigalith, and so on. Miltank was slotted on as a secondary Charizard resist, for cleric support for Poliwrath, Scyther, and Togedemaru should you misplay vs Weezing, and for answering offensive Ghost-types like Froslass and non-Sub Silvally-Ghost. Miltank really is annoying to take on and if you watch the replays below; you'll soon find out that it is often the MVP of the team here. Anyway, hope you enjoy!

I'd like to request a team around CB :Aggron:. I prefer balance builds, with voltturn to bring Aggron to the field and spikes. Thanks

Hey Team Rocket - got your CB Aggron + VoltTurn + Spikes team here; this was a rather specific request, and SpDef Aggron might work better in this configuration, but I made it happen - the paste I'm supplying is actually an older build that's been reworked. It's a tried-and-true formula that's done well in seasonals, again in PUPL, and still does just fine on ladder. It's been optimized and has updated spreads for this meta, but there's still some room here to mess around with Aggron's coverage move to break comps with Ferroseed more easily, as well as run Defog over Toxic on Charizard in order to shift Knock back to CS Tsareena's kit (over Rapid Spin), but this one still works just as well in its current form without those changes imo.

CB Aggron is a very strong wallbreaker and can really only be answered defensively by Pokemon like Quagsire, Sandaconda, and Ferroseed (depending on coverage), so pressuring these while forcing them out and removing hazards (without removing your own Spikes / SR) led me to add Tsareena. Tsareena hits 400 Spe when scarfed, which is fast enough to check CS Poliwrath, Ribombee, Whimsicott, Archeops (remember this calc: 252 Atk Tsareena Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Archeops: 262-309 (90 - 106.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO), Lycanroc, and so on, and so this takes a huge burden off of Charizard and gives Aggron some breathing room to wallbreak, rather than forcing you to use Aggron or Charizard defensively against those pesky Fairy-types. CS Tsareena + CB SR Aggron + Froslass form a solid hazard setting and removal core together, but is still bothered by Charizard, leading me to my next pick: Lanturn (this also filled your part of the VoltTurn criteria here). This custom EV spread I created lets Lanturn live Archeops' EQ + SR, uninvested Sandaconda's EQ + SR, while also outspeeding Adamant Aggron. This core is also bothered by Weezing to some extent, so that prompted me to use specially offensive Froslass, as well as Jolly Aggron. Jolly Aggron I feel is much better in this meta given most players use Adamant Aggron as a benchmark for their EV spreads, especially on things like BU Scrafty and Sandaconda, so Jolly was an easy change that helped immensely. With Aggron, Froslass, Tsareena, and Lanturn now added, there were still threats that were not yet covered like opposing Aggron and Silvally-Ghost, so defensive BU Scrafty was added. Bulk Up alongside Coil Sandaconda while shaking off Glare paralysis, if you see one. Scrafty works very well here, as it often prompts a switch into the opponent's Fairy-type, at which point Aggron can be sent in for free. Be sure to bring in Quagsire / Sandaconda and weaken those with Scrafty first before you charge in with Aggron, given that Knock Off together with Froslass' Spikes can weaken Quagsire to the point Head Smash will 3HKO it. In general, your gameplan here will be to exert offensive pressure with Tsareena's U-turn and see what the opponent's response is - if they send in Charizard, pivot directly to Lanturn and gain momentum; if Weezing, pivot to Charizard or Froslass; if Ferroseed or SpDef Togedemaru, Charizard again, and so on. Basically, Tsareena is the star of the team and enables Charizard and Aggron to do work especially, so I feel this squad is pretty easy to pilot due to its presence here.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8pu-571309 (Z Strats vs Bouff w/ original version)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1413819899-9ug1ywpftnyzci90me5rgnsm28woyaopw
Vikavolt @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Agility
- Thunderbolt
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball

I saw Agility Vikavolt on the teambuilder and just knew I had to want to make a team with it. On paper, this set can set up on quite a few Pokemon in the tier (Tsareena as IIRC you can tank a Knock, non-AV Lanturn, Grass and Water types in general, as well as our Ground and Fighting types that don't have Rock coverage) to sweep, and has a lot of natural power even without going Modest (though if need be you could switch the nature on this to Modest). Ofc, it struggles against the likes of Gigalith, so I'd like teammates that'd help against that.
https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-swsh/icon/028-a.png
Hi Melons-N-Soda - got your Agility Vikavolt team for you here. I altered your requested set a bit and went with Throat Spray over hdb, but tbh this is an optional change that you can undo to save yourself SR damage - up to you. I felt however, that after going through the trouble of setting up Agility successfully, that you'd also want to be able to clean more easily, so I ran Vikavolt with +1 and was not disappointed.
Vikavolt has very few defensive answers outside of SpDef Togedemaru, Gigalith, Frosmoth, and Audino, and so the team targets those Pokemon especially. For example, I'm using Toxic Charizard here to check SpDef Togedemaru and Frosmoth, while also luring in Gigalith to be badly poisoned by Toxic; this weakens Gigalith and opens up a path so that Vikavolt can clean up late-game. I've also got offensive TR Runerigus with Weakness Policy here as a hard punish to Gigalith and Audino, which imo, is the MVP of this team. chlo has a really good replay of it in action vs yandaud, and I've found similar success with her set (check out that replay here: (https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1409157240). Just an interesting tidbit here, Jolly Tsareena never OHKOes this max HP Runerigus from full: 252 Atk Tsareena Power Whip vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Runerigus: 270-318 (84.6 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO. At this point in the building process, I had Vikavolt, Charizard, and Runerigus, so the rest of the team was about slotting on some removal, hazards, a breaker that would help out Vikavolt (again, offensive support is key in getting this Agility set to work optimally). From here, I slotted on Cloud Nine Drampa; to me, this was more or less a brainless pick, given that Gigalith out of the picture spells a win for both Charizard and Vikavolt. Not only that, but it can force in Steel-types like SpDef Togedemaru, as well as break Audino via Focus Blast before Vikavolt is sent in. Next, the team was looking fairly weak to threats like Arctovish and Archeops, the fossils, and so Poliwrath made a lot of sense here. Poliwrath is used with a Choice Scarf to compress a solid Water resist, speed control, and an Archeops check all into one slot. You can optionally use Darkest Lariat here for coverage on Psychic-types like Mesprit, however, I went with Earthquake to cover Qwilfish (which is picking up in usage), Neutralizing Gas Weezing, and SpDef bulky pivot Lanturn so that Vikavolt wouldn't have to waste its time weakening Lanturn via Energy Ball, nor would Poliwrath have to commit to an attack that makes contact vs SpDef Spiky Shield Togedemaru, RH Poison Point Qwilfish, or NGas Weezing. Lastly, SpDef Sandslash-Alola was used to patch up some holes in the team while compressing removal and SR into a single slot. It helps to take on offensive Fairy-types alongside Charizard, and at the same time, it's EV'd so that it checks Modest Drampa for the team. Be careful of Timid Drampa, but always remember this calc (Timid Vikavolt is also faster than Timid Drampa): +1 252 SpA Vikavolt Bug Buzz vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Drampa: 259-306 (87.2 - 103%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1427157652-0k5moa3zoygj1efepypr2lpqkem7fu0pw vs Deferio

Last edited:
requesting a future sight volt turn team based around galarian articuno
Hello mate, I have returned from the depths of the real world so that I could fulfill your request of a future sight galarian articuno team. There will be two versions of the team, 1 for pro level gimmick gods and 1 thats boring just incase your friends would make fun of you for using weird sets. But without further ado - here is the squad.

:arctovish: :articuno-galar: :whimsicott: :kabutops: :charizard: :sandaconda:

https://pokepast.es/55c046cd57497852 - goat version
https://pokepast.es/95576d59f2db1731 - my friends hate gimmicks version

So from my perspective, I have had a bunch of experience with future sight Pokemon in previous generations and have built many a future sight team. Picking the guy to abuse the future sight is easy, its just the one that does not under any circumstance let the dark type pokemon in and then preferably also is walled by a bunch of stuff that dont also want to take a future sight. This is where the idea of Arctovish as the main protagonist of the team comes in. CB Arctovish is walled by nothing in the tier, but also to make the most of him you ideally only want to click Fishious Rend and there are certain Pokemon which can easily tank that attack. Primarily I was thinking Poliwrath and Qwilfish, but you will also find weird edge cases where a FS+Rend kills Tsareena, where Tsareena probably could tank an attack and force Vish out without the support. I feel like in most voltturn based teams, you can find the opportunities to break through using these crazy high dmg output breakers more than most which is why I ended up using something like this, on top of the fact you shouldn't be entirely boned vs stall teams with Vish capable of doing damage. Quick note on the Guno set, you will see it has Tailwind (over Hurricane). If this wasn't clear to you, setting up a Tailwind then Uturning out when available or harding into Sandaconda so that Eject Button activates will allow you to get a few turns of the now banned Slushy Rushy Vish which can annihilate teams midgame if your opponent has decided not to bring some of the aforementioned Vish checks. Guno is also max spdef so that you can slow uturn out of other guno (into kabu/bluff vish as a scarf maybe etc) but also provide a crucial escape to the charizard since we don't actually have a gigalith on this team, as well as a bunch of special attackers. I'll let you figure those out but if its not super effective, you arent 2hkoing this spdef guno.

Anyway, the rest of the team is simply a support structure for Vish whilst remaining as violently offensive as possible. You will see the next couple of Pokemon are specs Whimsicott and scarf Kabutops. Both provide offensive Voltturn support as well as utility outside of their offensive strengths. Stun Spore on Whims and Rapid Spin (defo use Rapid Spin regardless of the team)/Knock Off on Kabu allow you to support Vish without it being negligent to the overall offensive style of the team. Kabu also provides a beautiful Water Spam tandem with Vish, so that if supported correctly, vish and kabu can work off each others counters and force opponents to save their defensive core specifically for these two. Finally, we can't just have rapid spin as our only hazards control given vish is cb, so we opt with Charizard here. The biggest reason for which is that, as you might figure out in playtesting, ferroseed is actually quite good at preventing our main offensive balance breaking strategy by just sitting down and doing nothing. Charizard is possibly the hardest ferroseed counter we have in the tier besides drampa and also is a pretty gnarly offensive beast. Its also worth noting that CB Vish can really abuse Gigalith. Staying in with Gigalith on Vish never happens because of Zard's Presence, which basically gives you license to click coverage if and when neccesary. This is particularly useful when playing like a Gigalith / Jellicent core and you really want to click Crunch, if you manage to get in on the Gigalith, the likelihood of them staying in is close to nil so in these types of situations Zard also becomes useful. It can also defog on a long list of other guys and check a whole bunch of other guys too so Zard is great. Finally we have Sandaconda, this basically rounds out the defensive core by providing us with some Aggron counterplay whilst supporting Vish with Glare, but also crucially Eject Button shenanigans to so that we can really abuse Tailwind on Guno like I mentioned earlier. Its super fun to get that entire strategy going - just be aware of swords dancing silvallies when you do this though. Its quite common for them to sd then attack sanda, and if you have button you just get kicked out before you can be annoying and glare it. This sucks. Its the primary reason a serious sets version of the team exists so that if you want max defensive rigidity with minimal fun, you can have the most robust team I can make. But fuck silvally, you will just click the right buttons and win anyway amirite.

Hope you enjoy the team!

2x edit: where is the replay my dude

Last edited by a moderator:

Dj Breloominati♬

born to play, forced to john
is a Top Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
requesting a team around a non-standard lure + qd ribombee
idea is that you chip/take out Gigalith/weezing/steelvally so that bee can clean up

(original submission was [sd] occa pinsir + qd bee but modified since im not sure if thats really feasible )

Last edited:

Leni

formerly tlenit
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
RUPL Champion
requesting a team around a non-standard lure + qd ribombee
idea is that you chip/take out Gigalith/weezing/steelvally so that bee can clean up

(original submission was [sd] occa pinsir + qd bee but modified since im not sure if thats really feasible )
Ciao Dj Breloominati. Got your squad(s) here. This is something I have been working for SCL, but works out here as well, thanks to your request. (click to open paste).
:regirock: - :ribombee: - :eldegoss: - :gallade: - :jellicent: - :togedemaru:
:regirock: - :ribombee: - :drampa: - :gallade: - :jellicent: - :togedemaru:

The team idea was to create a bluff around Regirock setting up rocks against common SR users like gigalith, sandaconda or other slower bulky mons like Weezing that usually prefers will o wisping or layer toxic spikes. Rock tomb is to give more leeway against faster mons (silvallie and slowers) to have more control on field + to hit Zard, Ribomb, Scyther and Galarcuno harder.

Ribombee is more defensive late game sweeper or mid game wincon that can actually 1v1 Charizard:
(252 SpA Charizard Flamethrower vs. +2 248 HP / 228 SpD Ribombee: 134-158 (41.4 - 48.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO,
252 SpA Charizard Hurricane vs. +2 248 HP / 228 SpD Ribombee: 162-192 (50.1 - 59.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO).

Sequence usually goes: You QD on the switch and keep going for it since good portion of Zards are mono fire move and that simply cant break without crit. If they go for hurricane, you will have two options: in case of low roll > QD again. In case of higher roll: keep roosting till they miss. 70% acc. hurts Zards odds for beating this specific spread.

Eldegoss/drampa are both basically the removal + Tsareena answer in one slot. Liked actually both a lot (even tho Eldegoss otherwise sucks a lot) in their respective role. Button on eldegoss gives you free switch to Gallade and makes you poltergeist proofed and hard Trevenant scouter (+ button gives u nice get away car against Arctovish once to reclaim momentum). Otherwise it can get real nasty against pgeist users. Sleep powder gives you more room to play around Weezings + can keep tspikes off. Speed is to outspeed drampa and can provide you a free switch ins with the above mentioned sleep powder. 4 on spdef means you will always live a hurrican/fire blast from Charizard, so, dont edit it, it has its purpose :mehowth:.

Gallade is very straight forward the breaker and muscle band + adamant can create very nice bluff against common defensive switch ins like Gigalith scouting for the move with protect. Thunder punch is to 2hko Jellicent, do 90% to Zard and clean up with sneak. Muscle band alone provides lot of very positive rolls for you to 2hko most switch ins or follow up with sneak as long you play ur cards right. You will have a shot to 2hko Quagsire w. CC as well + they will always fear the chance of leaf blade.

Jellicent is your specs drampa answer. It will absorb hits from it for ages and having ribombee in the back limits Drampa dropping dracos. SpDef Jellicent with toxic is to get opposite jellicents statused, be a blanket wall for Zard/Ribomb/Mesprit to name few. It will also hard wall Whimsicott which is pretty funny. Togedemarus slot is very simple; speed control. I can recommend toxic on last slot to make Quagsires life slightly more miserable on the field. It can otherwise shut down our Regirock pretty well. For now, the last slot is super fang to fast process against some bulky mons like sandaconda and force them to rest.

Possible edits you can go: Make Regirock more standard SR+Toxic + defensive spread (248hp, 252def, 8speed +def nature) or toxic > Rock tomb to be able to make progress against Jellicent+Quagsire. If you do the edit, i'd go for more offensive standard ribombee spread (252spe, 252spatk +spe nature) in that case as well. More straight forward Gallade: Banded + knock off > thunder punch/sneak. Preferably over TPunch, bcs sneak offers nice control of the field for late games. Changing entire Gallade is also very much doable. I'd recommend specs mesprit or other special psychic to begin with. Gallades slot is very versatile, feel free to test things out there.

Replays:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8pu-587307 SCL, Regirock, Gallade and Jellicent putting themselves into work
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1431535313-izrbfchemsgll369f66ng29whtdveblpw Mesprit > Gallade + Ribombee abusing Zard
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1432102694-5ck6duc7p1g9c5p6p43n980rgsext8epw Jellicent eating hits from Drampa + Gallade AoA works out well
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8pu-1433298991-sq25ok8k2d7pq8csq82pupta6iz04kdpw Gallades muscle band + freedom to change moves between turns coming handy

Last edited:

wooper

heavy booty-doots
is a Forum Moderator
requesting a team around spdef bulk up scrafty :scrafty: + gallade :gallade: please ! included in the spoiler below is what i typically am used to, but i dont mind some leeway on gallade, as it's pretty adaptable imo.
Scrafty @ Leftovers
Ability: Shed Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Knock Off
- Drain Punch
- Rest

Gallade (M) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off / Shadow Sneak / Thunder Punch

i really enjoyed the combo of spdef :scrafty: + sd/scarf :gallade: + np :toxicroak: before we lost the latter to nu, and i wanted to see if the former two still held up together. ideally they are paired with something like :togedemaru: to patch up their shared weakness to fairy + flying, but it's not a necessity as long as the final team has outs vs those typings.

thanks teambuilders!

Last edited:
Requesting a team built around snesal if possible this set please and thank you.
Snesal-heavy duty boots
252 attack 252 speed 4 speed in something else
-swords dance
-Triple axel
-Knock Off
-ice shard

Last edited:
Requesting a hazard stack, mini volt turn team based around Centiskorch any set will be fine for skorch

Last edited:
Can I get a team around Cosmic Power + Stored Power Gothitelle? I don't play the tier a ton but I like the idea of a bulky sweeper in a tier where Dark-types aren't present in some teams, which can make Gothitelle quite potent.

Thanks in advance!

Hello! I'd like to request a team with quiver dance Frosmoth with the boots on . Sub, qd, giga drain/bug buzz, Ice beam. I like the little guy.
Maybe volturn balance team (?), Something that will help me chip at steel types and rock types so I can set up Frosmoth for success.
It's been a very long time since I played or team built.

Thank you!

Reactions: PTF

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)