Resource SWSH RU Short Questions and Short Answers

Ampha

"They don’t call me Greed for nothing!"
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I wanted to ask why is Runerigus RU and Golurk NU, to understand better the use of these two Pokemon
Both have different niches, while Runerigus is a bulky wall (usually it brings rocks/ wow/ a offensive move/ filler), Golurk is a offensive mon(which due to its lack of higher bulk and utility moves cant work as a wall), altho golurk has a niche on the meta, Runerigus higher bulk is generally more useful in most of times

Ampha

"They don’t call me Greed for nothing!"
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Is Drizzle legal in RU, or in any tier below OU?
There isnt any drizzle legal pokemon available for uu and down,so atm it isnt banned, but due to its centralizing force in past gens, If It comes back It probably will

What are any viable Goodra sets for the current meta?
(Asking to help out a friend that wants to teambuild with it just bc Goodra is her fav mon)

EDIT: Although it's not mandatory, feel free to suggest any teammates:]

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
(Asking to help out a friend that wants to teambuild with it just bc Goodra is her fav mon)
The best ones I know of are Specs and Scarf!

Goodra @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Ability: Sap Sipper
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave

The best ones I know of are Specs and Scarf!

Goodra @ Choice Specs / Choice Scarf
Modest / Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave
Modest for Specs and Timid for Scarf, I imagine. (?)

Mavis

Banned deucer.

EDIT: Although it's not mandatory, feel free to suggest any teammates:]
The most standard and easy to use Goodra set is probably Specs, as our general lack of dragon resists and special sponges makes it one of our best breakers. Any team lacking Aromatisse, Snorlax, or a specially defensive Gigalith has to tread carefully around this. It's able to blow just about anything away with proper prediction.

Goodra @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast

Goodra makes for a fearsome revenge killer too, especially being able to switch into Salazzle with impunity and threaten a lot of offensive pokemon with a strong Draco Meteor, namely frailer ones like Rillaboom, Rotom, Passimian, and opposing Goodra. However, this set falters a lot more against bulkier teams, and it being a scarfer that has neither Knock Off or U-Turn can make it a bit hard to justify for the role.

Goodra @ Choice Scarf
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast

The Band set is good at turning the tables on a lot of Goodra's usual answers, like Gigalith and Snorlax, since it can hit Gigalith with a super effective attack now and Snorlax can't switch into banded Outrages easily at all. This set gains a relatively hard wall in Aromatisse due to Goodra's inability to use physical Poison or Steel moves, so Toxic can make for a good fourth slot to force an Aromatherapy out of Aromatisse. It's got the added benefit of being able to turn Sap Sipper attack boosts from Vileplume into actual momentum, not just an immunity the way the special sets do.

Goodra @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Power Whip
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Hope this helped- feel free to ask anything else if you need it :)

Further edit since I just now saw the bit about teammates- the Band and Specs sets enjoy the same usual team support most wallbreakers appreciate- hazard support from Mudsdale works well, as Goodra can take Grass and Water moves, and Mudsdale covers Goodra's weakness to physical moves and vice versa for Goodra. Salazzle makes for a good partner too, as it can clean up off of Goodra's wallbreaking and absolutely dominates every fairy in the tier. U-Turn from the likes of Passimian and Rillaboom makes for a great way to get Goodra onto the field, especially notable for baiting in Vileplume, who Goodra hard punishes. The Band set needs Salazzle even more than Specs due to it's inability to hit Fairy types for any meaningful damage. Goodra also partners well with miscellaneous Pokemon who appreciate the pressure applied to Vileplume, like most Fighting-types and Ghost/Fairy Silvally. Teammates who appreciate Goodra's ability to offensively check Salazzle also work, so a Fairy of one's own can make good. Aromatisse in particular can tank hits for Goodra, cure it of status, and pass it fat wishes.

Last edited:
What is the best defensive silvally from between ghost and steel? I run a kind of balanced stall with aromatisse, sableye, sp def gigalith, av goodra and vileplume and i chose def silvally to defog and pivot. Ghost type gets walled by normal types like bewear and snorlax and killed by dhelmise while steel type is weak to salazzle, def gigalith, bewear again etc.

Oathkeeper

"Wait!" he says, do I look like a waiter?
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
What is the best defensive silvally from between ghost and steel? I run a kind of balanced stall with aromatisse, sableye, sp def gigalith, av goodra and vileplume and i chose def silvally to defog and pivot. Ghost type gets walled by normal types like bewear and snorlax and killed by dhelmise while steel type is weak to salazzle, def gigalith, bewear again etc.
I would say that Steelvally seems better since you have Gigalith and Goodra for Salazzle and Sableye for Gigalith, Bewear.

How do you handle Salazzle without packing Gigalith on every friggin team? The sub protect toxic stall set is just pure cancer.

Mavis

Banned deucer.
How do you handle Salazzle without packing Gigalith on every friggin team? The sub protect toxic stall set is just pure cancer.
Mantine checks it well, as does Goodra. Offensively checking it with Choice Scarf users that can revenge it work well too, like Rillaboom and Passimian. Immunity Snorlax also more or less blanks it, as do Rest/Thick Fat Curse variants. Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)