ORAS OU Sylveon x Hydreigon OTP VoltTurning (peak #6 Suspect Ladder)

...Hello

This is the team I used to get reqs on the Greninja-less suspect ladder and it ended up peaking at #6 (although I didn't try anymore after I got 2700 COIL). Several people have told me that they were interested in the team, so I thought I'd make an RMT on it (although to be honest, I'd be surprised if no one else has come up with a very similar build). Essentially the idea is to abuse Mega Manectric's insane VoltTurning capabilities to pressure offense and balance, combined with Manaphy's insane stallbreaking capabilities to pressure balance and stall. Despite the fact that Voltturning shenanigans sometimes require prediction to properly keep up momentum, I think this is a super easy team to use; the way it completely destroys some builds even if you play on autopilot is amazing. I think this might be partly because it has no defogger (nor can it really fit one), so usually the gameplan is pretty simple: mega evolve manectric safely, set up rocks, u-turn/volt switch until stuff dies, clean up with manaphy, megaman, hydreigon, or landorus-t.

Overall, I like this team and it showcases some highly underrated Pokemon and sets, although it can probably be improved.

Original draft. Basically, I wanted to test three Pokemon at once. I wanted to see if Mega Manectric and Manaphy were still as good as they were at the end of XY, and if Spikes Roserade could be useful; like... at all. Manectric/Landorus-T make an amazing VoltTurning core, while scarf Hydreigon or Tail Glow Manaphy can clean up the mess depending on the opposing team. Heatran was added, because screw it, Heatran's a good poke, and I didn't want to waste Landorus-T's offensive capabilities by making it set up rocks. Roserade was added for spikes/rotom-w switch-in.

Roserade sucks. What little niche it had at the beginning of XY is pretty much gone imo. I noticed that mega Sceptile, Keldeo, and Sableye were really big threats to my team, so I swapped out Roserade for Sylveon, since it can also keep up momentum with baton pass, and fairies are never bad to have.

I didn't like how Heatran was killing my momentum despite contributing a lot of defensive synergy to the team. So basically I needed a new steel-type stealth rocker voltturner, which pretty much left me with Jirachi or Cobalion. Cobalion was chosen > Jirachi because it can actually do something to Heatran, which Sylveon desperately needs, has a better speed tier, and counters most Bisharp.

Dog
(Manectric) @ Manectite

Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Manectric is still very dangerous in ORAS and is still the scariest Mega on VoltTurn (eat your heart out Beedrill). It is this and Manaphy that I built the team around, so they can't be removed. Here I have the standard Mega Manectric set except I have Flamethrower > Overheat. I feel the team is bulky enough to be able to withstand the threats that overheat ohkos (and flamethrower doesn't), and lets me keep momentum (and doesn't miss...).

Manectric is essential for this team so that threats like Specs Keldeo (which otherwise clean me up since Sylveon can't withstand it) don't sweep. It also helps me wear down Mega Metagross and Mega Gallade fairly reliably with volt switch. The double intimidate core with Landorus-T is also really good and helps me keep birdspam and other set up sweepers in check.​

Jelly (Manaphy) @ Leftovers

Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance
This is the standard Tail Glow+Rain Dance stallbreaker set which is really nice for wearing down balance to the point where MegaMan, Hydreigon, or even Sylveon can clean up. It can even work vice versa, where stuff like Unaware Clefable, Amoonguss, Venusaur, etc. get worn down to the point where Manaphy can sweep.

Most importantly though it: 1) provides me a much needed win condition vs. Stall. 2) Can switch into Heatran unlike the rest of these Pokemon (except for when Leftiez trapped me with magma storm and then power herb solarbeamed me...) 3) Is an additional check to Scarf Landorus-T along with Hydreigon. I believe Energy Ball is listed as the better option > Psychic on the OU analysis, but I NEED psychic or else Venusaur/Conkeldurr become serious problems. It also helped me defeat a rare poison heal breloom, so i guess theres that too. The EVs I simply took from the OU analysis, and haven't felt a need to change them.​

Tiger (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Soft Sand

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn
Yea, so I know everyone hates how easy it is to slap Landorus-T on a team, but it'd frankly be stupid to not seriously consider using it on a dedicated volt-turn team. Anyway, this is the other half of the dual intimidate VoltTurning core with Manectric. I think everyone knows how good Lando-T is and what it provides for teams, so I guess I'll just talk about my set.

I use Soft Sand here since I already have a scarfer in Hydreigon, and Landorus-T is so strong vs. slower Pokemon that switching up moves is very valuable. It also messes up Rotom-W more, which is annoying for Cobalion and Manaphy. The fact that it bluffs Scarf is just a really nice perk. I could run a bulkier spread, and even use it to set up rocks, but I didn't want to waste Lando-T's offensive capabilities on VoltTurn. Knock Off is really useful for other Lando-T who want to come in on the switch, especially if they're scarf (so they can get murked by MegaMan later), and also leftovers Clefable who think they can set up. U-turn is here because... VoltTurn. EVs are simple max Atk and max Speed to outspeed adamant lucario and excadrill.​

Dragon (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- U-turn
This is the standard Scarf Hydreigon set taken from the OU analysis. If fairies didn't exist, Hydreigon would be incredibly good in this metagame in my opinion because (reasonably fast) STAB Dark Pulse is a big threat. Having Hydreigon here lets me compress Jirachi/Slowbro/Latis check and especially Mega Metagross check and revenge killer/cleaner in one. It's also pursuit / sucker punch resistant which is a very useful trait to have for a scarfer. It does decent vs. the new megas too (although scarf latis would probably be better at this, but I don't think they have the qualities I need). It's access to U-turn is a nice bonus that synergizes with the whole voltturning thing (and helps it clean too, if a dark pulse or draco won't ohko, despite -atk nature).

Earth Power was chosen > focus blast because fairies/diancie. I choose Modest for the extra power, since fairies kinda dictate that it needs to get all the power it can get. It makes Landorus-T a bit scarier, but what can you do. EVs are self-explanatory, 4 Atk to "make up" for -Atk nature.​

Fox
(Sylveon) @ Choice Specs

Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Baton Pass
Sylveon is mainly here to destroy Mega Sceptile, Keldeo, Rotom-W, and Mega Sableye... while maintaining momentum. I'm not sure why people are still expecting the wishpassing set, since I think Specs is the better niche, but at the moment, it's not a bad lure. In addition to the obvious Hp Fire killing Ferrothorn/Scizor on the switch, stuff like Talonflame, Mew, Clefable, even Mega Metagross and Gengar who think they can take a Specs Hyper Voice well get hit very hard. Alternatively, it also lures in stuff that Cobalion can set up sr on, or that Manectric can mega-evolve on. Finally, this Pokemon is an additional check to bulky set up mons like calm mind clefable or slowbro along with Manaphy, since specs hyper voice is that strong.

As for moveset, Hyper Voice is what I click 90% of the time, HP Fire is there for when I guess that the opponent is a scrub and will switch in their ferro/scizor in on it, Psyshock helps me deter Mega Venusaur and Amoonguss. Baton Pass is amazing as usual for momentum, and is pretty much mandatory since Heatran exists. EVs are basically max HP/SpA plus some speed creeping.​

Goat (Cobalion) @ Leftovers

Ability: Justified
EVs: 140 HP / 116 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock
As I said in the teambuilding process, I felt I needed a steel-type stealth rocker voltturner (or at least something that didn't kill my momentum), which pretty much left me with Jirachi or Cobalion. Cobalion was chosen > Jirachi because it can actually do something to Heatran - which Sylveon desperately needs, has a better speed tier, and counters most Bisharp (which might otherwise 6-0 this team). It's also way better than I expected. It improves my matchup vs. certain stall builds, sand offense, and it does okay vs. the latis, which are the most popular defoggers. It's defenses are also incredible, being able to do crazy stuff like survive air balloon excadrill earthquake. Idk, it's just an amazingly reliable stealth rocker, and a great pivot for the team.
Spread/moves are pretty standard here. I'm really tempted sometimes to put HP ice > volt switch, since Cobalion's volt switch does very little, but the chip damage is very useful and is funny vs. Gyarados who is pretty annoying. The only real complaint I have with Cobalion is that because of its mediocre spdef, mediocre offenses, and secondary fighting typing, it's ability to check fairies leaves much to be desired. EVs are standard, max speed to clutch speed tie Musketeers, 140 HP to survive Excadrill, rest into attack.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Atk / 68 Def / 108 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
This is the alternative stealth rocking steel type that doesn't lose momentum. It helps to alleviate match-up vs latis and fairies (especially sylveon/gardevoir) in general, but it's not as fast and makes the match-up vs. Bisharp, heatran, and sand-offense worse. Jirachi is more conservative option, while Cobalion is much more dangerous if the offensive momentum can be properly kept up. Iron head is there because fairies and stealth rock is obligatory. u-turn is there for momentum, but it can be replaced with other moves if you simply need a pivot. Drain Punch is here to lure in Bisharp/ do something to Heatran; the EV spread allows you to live a LO adamant Bisharp sucker and outspeed a jolly Bisharp. The rest is put into attack and you can always ohko bisharp.

Charizard-X can potentially 6-0 this team. Bulky DD can be checked by Hydreigon, Regular DD will kill itself trying to kill Landorus-T and Sylveon. Overall, just a really bad matchup tbh.

Venusaur's not as bad as Charizard, but literally nothing on this team beats it one-on-one. Basically my game plan is to either weaken to the point where manaphy can kill it after one tail glow, or to make it get rid of all it's synthesis pp. It is also sometimes worth saccing Sylveon and using specs Psyshock just to make sure it's at half/below half hp so that, say, Lando-T can kill it with EQ or something.

Good players make it really hard for me to mega evolve Manectric, which means I have to guess it's not specs based on the team and go for Sylveon, or guess it is specs and play around it sorta since nothing on this team really switches into very well and it's pretty fast.

Not as bad as charizard, but if Manaphy/Cobalion are weakened it can become quite a problem. Lando-T, Manectric, Hydreigon, and Cobalion sort of keep the DD variant in check, but special set is very scary.

Specs Sylveon can pretty much one-shot everything on this team except my own Sylveon (this is why I speedcreep...) and Manaphy. I need to play very carefully with this around.

Rock polish variants can sweep with some prior damage to Manaphy/Sylveon/Lando-T for Mega Diancie, while Lando-I needs prior damage on Manaphy/Sylveon or something else depending on what it's moveset is.

I hate this mon with a passion especially with good spin support. The fact that it speed ties MegaMan is very scary and fakeout makes hazard damage for this defogless team that much worse. Luckily it cant switch in on much and hopefully hydreigon can one shot it later with prior damage.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-197085518
Vs. Lil Manaphy. I accidentally put Cute Charm as Sylveon's ability here, which kinda screwed me over. Anyway, I still would have won this if it weren't for Lil Manaphy getting the Ancientpower boost. sigh. But, this replay does showcase the team's ability to tear apart slower balance builds.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-197239743
Vs. FlamingVictini. I grab momentum quickly at the beginning and make it very hard for the opponent to get it back. Cobalion keeps Altaria in check enough to the point where Scarf Hydreigon is actually able to clean up at the end with Dark Pulse (or alternatively Lando-T if FlamingVictini didn't ddance).

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-197291761
Vs. Yveltalite. Not really much to say here; I'm just putting it here because it was a close and fun match imo despite me losing.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-197373041
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-197381415
Both matches vs Aka DH. First match, I really struggled with the venusaur, and despite it being 0-2, I think I lost pretty soundly. Second match, I take a different approach with more offensive pressure at the outset. Replay shows how the team can (at least potentially) work around Venusaur with constant pressure.

Fox (Sylveon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Baton Pass

Jelly (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance

Goat (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Volt Switch
- Stealth Rock

Tiger (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Soft Sand
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Dog (Manectric) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Dragon (Hydreigon) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- U-turn

Last edited:

Srn

Water (Spirytus - 96%)
is an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
i'd add RP mega diancie, RP lando (depends on set), and mega altaria to the threat list too. Mega altaria in particular looks like it can grab a dd against mega man or mana and win after minimal wearing down, even the special set puts in a lot of work.

Well basically it looks like fast, special fairies (opposing specs sylveon too) are very threatening to you, as there's no real switch in to them; they easily come in on hydreigon and probably have a lando-t, keldeo, or rotom-w (or whatever other bunch of shit) to handle cobalion.
It's gonna exponentially magnify your bisharp weakness, but i'd give Jirachi>Cobalion a shot. Rachi can run rocks+u-turn as well and probably go iron head+body slam to beat fairies and slow things down; you could even run drain punch if you really felt like luring sharp lol. You're matchup vs lati gets much better, which is shaky as it stands. Somewhat improves mvenu problems as well; a little.
This way, you have a much better response to fast fairies such as mega gardevoir, mega altaria, and mega diancie. In return, scarf hydreigon is ur only bisharp response, but u can't cover everything ;_;

This team's solid and not bog standard, keep up the good work. Hope i helped :]

Hey man, really nice team you got there! I've been laddering with it on Suspect and have gone 17-4 so not bad :] One thing I do was change out Cobalion for Jirachi, like Srn recommended. The combo of Jirachi + Manaphy did a solid job of matching up with some rain teams, and is overall, really strong! I'll put the Jirachi set down if you wanna try it out. Also, SS Lando has gotten a lot of surprise kills which is awesome, so amazing job with the build, and good luck :]

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

i'd add RP mega diancie, RP lando (depends on set), and mega altaria to the threat list too. Mega altaria in particular looks like it can grab a dd against mega man or mana and win after minimal wearing down, even the special set puts in a lot of work.

Well basically it looks like fast, special fairies (opposing specs sylveon too) are very threatening to you, as there's no real switch in to them; they easily come in on hydreigon and probably have a lando-t, keldeo, or rotom-w (or whatever other bunch of shit) to handle cobalion.
It's gonna exponentially magnify your bisharp weakness, but i'd give Jirachi>Cobalion a shot. Rachi can run rocks+u-turn as well and probably go iron head+body slam to beat fairies and slow things down; you could even run drain punch if you really felt like luring sharp lol. You're matchup vs lati gets much better, which is shaky as it stands. Somewhat improves mvenu problems as well; a little.
This way, you have a much better response to fast fairies such as mega gardevoir, mega altaria, and mega diancie. In return, scarf hydreigon is ur only bisharp response, but u can't cover everything ;_;

This team's solid and not bog standard, keep up the good work. Hope i helped :]
Hey man, really nice team you got there! I've been laddering with it on Suspect and have gone 17-4 so not bad :] One thing I do was change out Cobalion for Jirachi, like Srn recommended. The combo of Jirachi + Manaphy did a solid job of matching up with some rain teams, and is overall, really strong! I'll put the Jirachi set down if you wanna try it out. Also, SS Lando has gotten a lot of surprise kills which is awesome, so amazing job with the build, and good luck :]

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Thanks for the suggestions. The fact that I mainly used Cobalion > rachi for heatran/bisharp leads me to believe that drain punch is actually a decent option (although it does pretty ehh damage to tran). I'm not really sure why Body Slam is terribly necessary - I guess it slows down stuff for manaphy, but I think Heatran and Bisharp are bigger priorities. For now, I think I'm probably going to try and mess around with the following set:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 68 Def / 16 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

enough defense to live adamant bisharp sucker, enough speed to outspeed jollysharp, rest into attack. Overall, I think you're right that Cobalion opens me up a little too much to fairies (and will update the threatlist), but I've luckily been able to play around them so far so I didn't really see it as a pressing issue. Nevertheless, I'm going to try this set; I'll edit post later with results.

Last edited:
Reactions: Srn

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
God I remember playing you twice. We both won one, but gosh damn this is such a good team with seriously underrated threats. Really happy to see another RMT that I've seen from Suspect test. We need good teams on here.

No suggestions except possibly one. I know you can't Knock Off Arceus' plate, but idk if that applies to all plates or due to Multitype. If it's for all plates, switch soft sand to earth plate. If not, it doesn't matter.

Seriously dude. Amazing team right here.

God I remember playing you twice. We both won one, but gosh damn this is such a good team with seriously underrated threats. Really happy to see another RMT that I've seen from Suspect test. We need good teams on here.

No suggestions except possibly one. I know you can't Knock Off Arceus' plate, but idk if that applies to all plates or due to Multitype. If it's for all plates, switch soft sand to earth plate. If not, it doesn't matter.

Seriously dude. Amazing team right here.
No, it only applies to Arceus. Earth plate on any other mon can still be knocked off. Have to agree though, this team looks pretty solid :]

You could also play around with putting skill swap on Jirachi to steal flash fire from heatran! A lot of them only run SR/Lava/Toxic/protect allowing you to wall them. LOL.

Got reqs using this team, 45/13. It rocks, so you rock as well. :) I used the Cobalion variation, and I had little to no problems with fairies, barring one incident in which I mispredicted a lead and ended up with Manectric v Gardevoir and had to sac like half my team to finish it off (D:), but that was solely bad play on my part - I switched directly into Cobalion predicting a Psyshock because I was predicting him to predict Sylveon for some reason (I was tired and i only needed a couple more battles >.<), so I didn't have anything that could both outspeed and OHKO.

Thanks for the suggestions. The fact that I mainly used Cobalion > rachi for heatran/bisharp leads me to believe that drain punch is actually a decent option (although it does pretty ehh damage to tran). I'm not really sure why Body Slam is terribly necessary - I guess it slows down stuff for manaphy, but I think Heatran and Bisharp are bigger priorities. For now, I think I'm probably going to try and mess around with the following set:

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Atk / 68 Def / 16 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

enough defense to live adamant bisharp sucker, enough speed to outspeed jollysharp, rest into attack. Overall, I think you're right that Cobalion opens me up a little too much to fairies (and will update the threatlist), but I've luckily been able to play around them so far so I didn't really see it as a pressing issue. Nevertheless, I'm going to try this set; I'll edit post later with results.
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Use that EV spread instead. I shifted the nature and EVs around and it ends up still speed creeping Bisharp and gets 2 more points in attack. (Moving 12 more EVs from Attack to Speed, to 68 Atk / 120 Spe, creeps Mega Tyranitar, I'll let you decide if that's worth it)

I've been runnning LO Hydreigon and loving it. It destroys Slowbro, among other things. I was hesitant at first, but I have found Flash Cannon to be fantastic simply because everybody always switches a Fairy into Hydreigon, and it 2HKOs Clefable, often 2HKOs Sylveon, and always OHKOs Mega Diancie. You lose some coverage Earth Power offers, but nothing Dark Pulse or Draco Meteor won't hit neutrally.

252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Clefable: 218-257 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Sylveon: 190-224 (48.2 - 56.8%) -- 34.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 499-588 (207 - 243.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If you get their Fairies out of the way with your Hydreigon, he is going to destroy the rest of their team.

Uwaa, why'd this get bumped? o_o
You could also play around with putting skill swap on Jirachi to steal flash fire from heatran! A lot of them only run SR/Lava/Toxic/protect allowing you to wall them. LOL.
Ermm, yea, but what would you do back? haha
Jirachi @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Use that EV spread instead. I shifted the nature and EVs around and it ends up still speed creeping Bisharp and gets 2 more points in attack. (Moving 12 more EVs from Attack to Speed, to 68 Atk / 120 Spe, creeps Mega Tyranitar, I'll let you decide if that's worth it)
Thanks, I am stupid :)
Honestly, I didn't find Jirachi to be that much better than Cobalion. I think they're both fine choices, with different benefits (cobalion, despite it's meh attack has more offensive pressure due to close combat/speed). I have to admit though I didn't experiment too much since I'm unmotivated after getting reqs, and I tilted on lower ladder (on a new alt) by getting owned by some really dumb sets. Jirachi is quite good though, so I'll put it down as an alternative.
I've been runnning LO Hydreigon and loving it. It destroys Slowbro, among other things. I was hesitant at first, but I have found Flash Cannon to be fantastic simply because everybody always switches a Fairy into Hydreigon, and it 2HKOs Clefable, often 2HKOs Sylveon, and always OHKOs Mega Diancie. You lose some coverage Earth Power offers, but nothing Dark Pulse or Draco Meteor won't hit neutrally.

252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Clefable: 218-257 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Sylveon: 190-224 (48.2 - 56.8%) -- 34.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Life Orb Hydreigon Flash Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Diancie: 499-588 (207 - 243.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If you get their Fairies out of the way with your Hydreigon, he is going to destroy the rest of their team.
IF you get fairies out of the way. I think this team really does benefit from a scarfer, and especially a Mega Metagross/Lati/Mega Evolution offensive check is pretty useful, and I think Hydreigon is better suited to this role than Landorus-T. The fact that it's forced out easily by every other faster offensive mon also kinda irks me.

Still, Life orb Hydra is an option, but then I'd scarf Lando-T, and maybe even consider Bisharp > Hydreigon for the whole "I destroy fairies, am generally better, and still check the same (slower) things (except Slowbro I guess), while Lando-T can handle the faster ones." Also, while LO Hydra is great at wallbreaking, I'm not really sure the team needs one (especially with Manaphy). I don't mean to dismiss your suggestion, but LO Hydra without another scarfer is kinda sketchy to me for this kinda team.

Last edited:
Oh sorry, I wasn't recommending you run him with LO, since you do need a scarfer. Just citing my personal experience using Flash Cannon on him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)