Pokémon Sylveon

Status
Not open for further replies.
For aegislash
If the aegislash is 252 At and adamant without a offensive item/boost,
Sylveon needs at least 104/252 with bold nature to not be in oneshot range of iron head from full.
Modest sylv needs 240/252 to do the same
With 252/252 spread bold sylveon has a 59% chance to survive iron head/shadow sneak with leftovers and no hazard damage
With stealth rocks bold sylveon needs 196/252 to gaurantee survival against iron head.

With a calm mind boost 4 SpA bold sylveon has a 25% chance to oneshot a 252/0 aegislash in its offense mode from full
With a calm mind boost 4 SpA modest sylveon has a 75% chance to oneshot a 252/0 aegislash in its offense mode from full
Unboosted 4 SpA modest sylveon needs 4 hits to KO 252/0 leftovers defense mode.
See iron head for surving +6 shadow sneak (40 + stab *4) = (80 + stab * 2)

I think that Sylveon could be successful running a set like this:

Bold Nature
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Leftovers

Calm Mind
Draining Kiss
Refresh/Heal Bell
Shadow Ball/Hidden Power Ground

Instant recovery in the form of Draining Kiss and a way to ward off status could help Sylveon become a semi viable boosting wall, Both Shadow Ball and HP Ground provide excellent coverage for the types that resist Draining Kiss. Unfortunately its defense remains piss-poor, but assuming it gets off its CM boosts it could take a hit from a physical attacker and then regain its health with Draining Kiss.

Last edited:

Bold Nature
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Leftovers

Calm Mind
Draining Kiss
Refresh/Heal Bell
Hidden Power Ground

Instant recovery in the form of Draining Kiss and a way to ward off status could help Sylveon become a semi viable boosting wall, and HP Ground provides excellent coverage for the types that resist Draining Kiss. Unfortunately its defense remains piss-poor, but assuming it gets off its CM boosts it could take a hit from a physical attacker and then regain its health with Draining Kiss.
Is shadow ball a better coverage since steel does not resist it?

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Honestly, I think Sylveon acts more like Vaporeon than it does Umbreon. The Wishes might not be as big as Vaporeon's, but it has even better Special Defense than Vaporeon does, (base 130 on Sylveon and base 95 on Vaporeon) thus allowing it to more easily invest in physical bulk. Speed is low, but eh, most of Eevee's evolutions are either slow (Umbreon, Vaporeon, Glaceon, and Flareon) or not considered really fast (Leafeon) so the low Speed was kind of expected tbh.

Honestly, I think Sylveon acts more like Vaporeon than it does Umbreon. The Wishes might not be as big as Vaporeon's, but it has even better Special Defense than Vaporeon does, (base 130 on Sylveon and base 95 on Vaporeon) thus allowing it to more easily invest in physical bulk. Speed is low, but eh, most of Eevee's evolutions are either slow (Umbreon, Vaporeon, Glaceon, and Flareon) or not considered really fast (Leafeon) so the low Speed was kind of expected tbh.
Yea this pretty much is what I've been saying. treat it like vappy, and it's golden(works like a charm every time). Also the above calm mind set is truly awesome for a more offensive style sylveon.

As per the question of getting Wish, it does require a chain breeding. You have to get Wish onto either a Pikachu or Skitty.

As per the comments on the defensive investment, I'll definitely put some testing into it when Showdown gets updated some more. I can see argument for going either way with the investment.

The slowest Eevee evolution... Probably is going to probably do really well or really bad. Its hard to say what will be effective down the road with so many new possibilities and rebalancing...

Since it has a slightly higher Def than Vappy does it really need 252 Def EVs?

I'm just making it up as I go along but what about something like... Calm 252 HP 176 Def 80 SDef on bulkier sets?

Standard CM sets look pretty nice; probably works well on BP teams in conjunction with Magic Bounce Espeon.

Hmmm there's gotta be a good reason for Pixilate...

All I can think of are some gimmicky sets... but there may be something interesting at least. Assuming we import from Gen 5 though...

Sylveon Pixilate Leftovers
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Snore
- Psyshock/Shadow Ball\Hidden Power something

A Curse set would be funny and fix its poor Def, but all it gets physically are like Return, Iron Tail, and Quick Attack...

I'd laugh if we could breed Boomburst onto Eevee, but ah that is just wishful thinking...

Last edited:

Bold Nature
252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD
Leftovers

Calm Mind
Draining Kiss
Refresh/Heal Bell
Shadow Ball/Hidden Power Ground

Instant recovery in the form of Draining Kiss and a way to ward off status could help Sylveon become a semi viable boosting wall, Both Shadow Ball and HP Ground provide excellent coverage for the types that resist Draining Kiss. Unfortunately its defense remains piss-poor, but assuming it gets off its CM boosts it could take a hit from a physical attacker and then regain its health with Draining Kiss.
can we talk about how this thing has cute charm as well? switching in on something like close combat is tempting.

can we talk about how this thing has cute charm as well? switching in on something like close combat is tempting.
Cute charm is a nice little boost that Sylveon gets, but to be honest it's not dependable enough to really even discuss competitively. That being said, it will be hilarious to watch someone get cute charmed to death.

I think mine's gonna be a Spec Tank.
252 SpAtk, 252 SpDef, and 4 HP.

Not sure on movesets yet, as I don't know too many.

I can also see Sylveon working as a Dual Screener. While it's not fast, it has the bulk to get them set up and it will definitely solve its low defense problem for a while.

A Curse set would be funny and fix its poor Def, but all it gets physically are like Return, Iron Tail, and Quick Attack...

I'd laugh if we could breed Boomburst onto Eevee, but ah that is just wishful thinking...

I quite like the Curse set, been using it on PO server. Body Slam is its best normal move, but its attack just sucks. Still can work.

I managed to get Eevee through Friend Safari so ofc I caught a bunch of them and made myself a Sylveon. I've been thinking about replacing my Florges with Sylveon due to the better moveset and because it can function better with defensive EVs it seems. It also has Pixilate but I have no idea what use it could be... (Boomburst Sylveon please!)

Bold Nature
Leftovers?

252 HP/252 Def/4 SpD

Calm Mind
Shadow Ball
Psyshock (it can't learn Psychic but this move is quite nice actually)
Moonblast

Those 3 moves give it great coverage over every weakness but it does lack any form of healing aside from the Leftovers. Draining kiss seems much too weak to be reliable even with CM boosts. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)