Tattoos.

That's the crailtap logo in the OP originating from the video Yeah Right (Girl skateboards). I like it, one of my friends got a similar skateboard on his forearm. It's an old fashioned board outline like in the vans logo but with the name of his hometown written in the center. He lived right down the street from the skate park in our town and the place got quite a reputation from the locals.

Anyway I was just going to post a link to Storm FTW's thread when I saw this but then I got to the second page and saw his post. Crobats is probably the sickest tattoo anyone can get!

I don't have a tattoo yet, but I'm considering of getting one in remembrance of my dog. He meant everything to me. He was like losing a brother or sister. But yeah, I still don't know the design at all actually. I'm not sure if I'm even getting it. It sounds a little dramatic anyway. Like getting a tattoo in remembrance of your mom, dad, brother or sister is understandable, but to other people, a dog would seem a little ridiculous.

I guess it depends how 'boney' you are in certain places? I also heard from a lot of girls that hips = pain. Spine hurt that much? Yeeessh glad I'm not tattooing my back lol

Spine was like.. argh. Have you ever seen House, where he gives someone a lumbar puncture and they scream a lot? A bit like that, but not as deep.. and 80 or so times a second.

My forearm wasn't to bad, it hurt a little in the beginning then it numbed up, when it got to the parts of the skin that are sensative (pretty much the places that had no hair) it got pretty painful but what do you expect?

I'm planning to get two tattoos real soon. One on my back for sure. It will be a scroll on my right back side near the shoulder blades with chinese characters written in it(signifying something important to my life.)

The second one im debating on the spot, but it will be a more "religious" tattoo. The quotations because it is an image combining the religions I revere: Christianity, Muslim, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Judaism. It may look something like a Jesus Cross in the background with Buddha as the main figure with a little twist(many arms signifying the Hindu god: Kali.) Having decided what Judaism/Muslim Symbol or Part should be in the image.

I really need a tattoo soon!!! The reason I say this is because my dad is a tattoo artist, and he has been for almost 20 years. He is thinking about retiring soon because of the emergence of pain in his wrist and hand from doing it so much for so long. I have wanted one for a long time, but I can never figure out what piece of art I would like to have on my body that I wouldn't mind seeing for the rest of my life.

Another reason I say I need to get one soon is that he will not charge me for my tattoo (nice father-son benefit, lol). So for anyone who has a tattoo, what was your first tattoo and why did you pick it?

I'm planning to get two tattoos real soon. One on my back for sure. It will be a scroll on my right back side near the shoulder blades with chinese characters written in it(signifying something important to my life.)

The second one im debating on the spot, but it will be a more "religious" tattoo. The quotations because it is an image combining the religions I revere: Christianity, Muslim, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Judaism. It may look something like a Jesus Cross in the background with Buddha as the main figure with a little twist(many arms signifying the Hindu god: Kali.) Having decided what Judaism/Muslim Symbol or Part should be in the image.
PLEASE pretty please post here and/or pm me before getting your chinese tattoo. Most Chinese tattoos are phonetic translations (and anybody chinese will laugh at you) or bad translations (and they will laugh at you, just not quite as hard). A lot of English concepts, especially intangible ones, don't have exact chinese counterparts. Also make SURE you get any chinese tattoo done by a CHINESE-BORN chinese guy, otherwise while it may look alright to you the characters will be completely unproportionate, etc, and once again anybody who knows chinese will laugh at you.

An example of a tattoo which wouldn't get you laughed at would be 缘份 (yuan fen) which is a Chinese phrase combining destiny and hard work. It's typically used for relationships (which require fate and work), but can be applied to other things as well. It doesn't translate to English well at all, so it's a bit tough to explain, but it's a whole lot better than taking something English and trying to make a Chinese tat out of it.

An example of a tattoo which WOULD get you laughed at would be something like 达尼尔 (Da ni er = Daniel) which is oh so common and awful, or simply something with bad calligraphy done by a white guy.

PLEASE pretty please post here and/or pm me before getting your chinese tattoo. Most Chinese tattoos are phonetic translations (and anybody chinese will laugh at you) or bad translations (and they will laugh at you, just not quite as hard).
I am very aware of that, lol. This is why I am having trouble coming up with it in Chinese. In english, it would say something like: Oppression constitutes the heavenly soul. I am trying to get some of my friends that are China/Taiwan-Born to help me out(unless you can help me out =D.) But if that fails, yea I know a parlor that specializes well in chinese characters. Also, i am changing the location of that tattoo. Since I am only 18 and tattooing is new to me, imma get it on my forearm. I wanna experience the pain before tattooing in my back because I hear it is real painful.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
It's not, I forgot to mention my parents think it's self-mutilation.

As a side note, tattoos look really bad when you're old and have flabby skin.
lol People always argue this point. However, when you're old and gross... well, you're old and gross and the tats won't really matter. You'll be ugly anyways and it's not like you're getting hotties when either.

@ rememberance tattoos- bad idea 90% of the time unless ou really don't care that it looks terrible

@lovedestiny- Nate's right, alot of times people just get the "cool" idea that they want "Chinese" symbols on them that mean something to them, so they get a poor translation, get tat that they think is cool but means nothing, and they end up looking like idiots. IE Was it Britney Spears who did this?

Personally, I plan on getting some tattoos, but haven't quite decided yet. I love the artwork for koi and swallows, but I dunno if I really want them on my body. I know someone who has 8 different moustache tats on the sides of his fingers and he'll walk around with a finger over his lips. He takes advantage of it like this Family Guy clip.

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I'm considering things that are very naturalistic and have to do with life being cyclically themed, as well as various Greek/Roman mythological elements...but have no idea as to how to integrate it into something cool.

I plan on getting a tattoo when I move out of the house, but I'm not sure what I'm going to get. Most likely it'll be located on my right bicep or tricep, not a very big one, but just a decent-sized image or script of something that means something to me. Possibly something in latin.

I fully agree with a persons right to do what ever they want with their own bodies. I mean if I could make up my mind about something cool to tattoo myself with, I totally would.

But gah! It's so hard to think of something that I could live with!

When i'm 18, i'm getting a LOT of tattoos! I find them very attractive. ;) If your body is a temple, decorate it however the hell you want!

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I am considering getting a picture that my mum drew tattooed on me. First I need to sneak it out of her office though. It is a melting candle with faces made from the wax dripping. I think it is a great picture and can be interpreted in a lot of different ways. The main problem is that I need to get my body into decent shape before I get anything drawn on it!

on a side note, vin what is the fleur de lys? the pub opposite my house is called the fleur de lys but i've never known where it comes from

I don't have a pic of it finished yet, but it's fucking sweet. If you can't make it out, it's a skateboard with wings and a crazy face and some spiderwebs and shit. I drew it up about 3 years ago and finally got the cahunas to get it done. It was bloody painful since I'm real skinny and have like no meat on me lol, so I could feel the needle grating against my bone for 4 hours.

Also, is that Crobat tatoo real?!

The wings are gorgeous :3
I've got an interview for a job (wahey! fucking yes!) so I should be able to afford my magical summer of ink... this is, however, in addition to paying rent, saving for uni in september, buying a new (better) laptop cos this one's a piece of ass, and learning bass guitar.. but eh. IT WILL BE DONE.

on a side note, vin what is the fleur de lys? the pub opposite my house is called the fleur de lys but i've never known where it comes from
A lily IIRC. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

I plan on getting a few when I turn 18. My parents won't sign for me and I'm not badass enough to get one behind their back. I plan on getting this (http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/2443/dragonflybigkd9.gif) on the inside of my right bicep, and perhaps something like a pair of drumsticks on my right side like on the ribcage. In the future if I actually can mind having a tattoo done I might get get a buttload but only if they mean something. Both of the tats I want right now have to do with music, which is perfect because music will/should be everlasting, unlike love for an individual or etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)