ORAS OU Tauros's OU rampage!

Hi. This is my first RMT that I've written., so obviously, it's gonna be BULLLL Shit. (Hehe Bull puns :3)
Anyways, lately I've really been wanting to use Tauros in OU, just to prove that IT DOES NOT SUCK. Like really, why is it PU (Yes, I'm aware that PU isn't an official tier, but it's still NU and this thing is RU material in my opinion.) Anyways, without further delay, onto the team:

NOTE: I haven't tested this team on PS yet because I'm a big fucking pussy who's scared to lose like a little bitch I don't feel like this team is ready. :/

Also, I suck at team building so once you're down reading, PLEASE point out every flaw possible and how I can fix it. c:
Or I'll kill your family.

Lime (Tauros) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

NOTE: I'm completly aware that stuff like Mega Lopunny and Diggersyby COMPLETELY out class Tauros. But I want to use different mons besides stuff that you see on almost every team, so..... yeah. :)
First up, we have the star of the team! The reason why you're wasting precious time in your life reading this! Tauros!
Seriously, I don't understand why this guy is PU. Like I said before, this thing is AT LEAST RU material, in my opinion. Anyways, Sheer Force boosted Rock Climb is the definition of power! It's Power is equivalent to a double edge but it doesn't have that annoying recoil damage at the cost of accuracy. (In which I don't mind too much about that considering I miss 1/5 Rock Climbs. So it's not too big of a deal.) It's also my STAB move that I use if the opposing mon doesn't resist. Zen Headbutt is my fighting coverage and it also OHKOs Gengar, which can completely wall bull Tauros with out it. Earthquake is Steel coverage, it also OHKOs pretty much every steel type (Without a typing that resits ground like Scizor, Ferrothorn, Forretress, etc.) in the OU Tier after stealth rocks. Last but not least, there's fire blast. Fire Blast if for the Steel types that have an added type that makes it so they resist Earthquake. Fire Blast is a guaranteed 2HKO against Ferrothorn and Forrtress and is a guaranteed OHKO against (Mega) Scizor with no bulk investment.
And yeah, that's Tauros. :]
Calcs:

4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 265-317 (94.3 - 112.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 100 SpD Mega Scizor: 239-286 (69.6 - 83.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

4 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 203-244 (57.6 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Zen Headbutt vs. 28 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 372-439 (138.8 - 163.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Zen Headbutt vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mega Venusaur: 156-185 (42.8 - 50.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
252 Atk Life Orb Tauros Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 452-536 (117.4 - 139.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Climb vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 148-175 (48.6 - 57.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Climb vs. 16 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 250-294 (72.4 - 85.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Climb vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Charizard Y: 253-300 (85.1 - 101%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Lopunny: 260-307 (95.9 - 113.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 Atk Life Orb Tauros Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Metagross: 190-224 (63.1 - 74.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and 3 layers of Spikes

252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Climb vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magikarp: 0-0 (0 - 0%) -- possibly the worst move ever and you suck

Ferrothorn (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Tauros really enjoys spikes so it can sweep, so I decided to add ferrothorn onto here. :] Though, there's one major problem; they're both weak to fighting. I did think of replacing him with Frostlass so I'll have that Ghost / Normal core going on but Froslass is a suicide lead and my team relays on hazards so I can sweep with Tauros but in OU, Defogers / Rapid Spinners are on literally every team unless the team doesn't really care about hazards and if I set up, die, than lose my hazards to a rapid sinner or defoger, Tauros is gonna be very effective at all. So I decided to go with I more bulky spikes user, which happen to be ferrothorn. Ferrothorn's nature is sassy because with mix bulk I can tank hits from just about everything and set up all my spikes so Tauros can sweep. Also, I lacked SpD walls on this team, so I use him to tank special hits, also. This thing is mainly my answer to things like Crobro, Mega Sableye, Greninja (With out HP fire), and things that ferrothorn likes to troll in general. EVs spread is pretty common. Nothing too special about it. Shed shell is so I can avoid trappers like Magnzone and Gothtellie and switch into a more suitable mon to take the incoming HP Fire. Anyways, onto to the set details and what not. Ferrothorn is the mon on my team that weakens mega lopunny which threatens my team severally if stealth rocks are up. You may be wondering "Why is Ferrothorn your lopunny counter when HJK OHKOs you?" Well, I switch into Ferrothorn on the incoming Fake Out than Lopunny gets damage from iron barbs, You:-- but Me: SHUT THE FAHK UP I'M NOT DONE TALKING! than protect on the incoming HJK and there you go, Mega Lopunny is below 50% HP and ferrothorn didn't even have to attack.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
NOTE: This is DEFINATLY not one of aim's sets that everyone else is using because he's using it and it's completly made from MY OWN creativity and I put A LOT of work into this with all the calcs and stuff so it's all good. :]]]]]]]] So after a long time of debating (2-3 minutes) with myself "What could be a good partner for Tauros and ferrothorn?" I realized that TalonLAME here was one of the perfect partners since it Resists Fighting, which completely destroys both Tauros and Ferrothorn. It also resits fire, which is extremely dangerous for ferrothorn. Another thing, Ferrothorn resists water, rock, and electric which are literally all of talonflame's weaknesses. It took a while to decide weather I should run The bulky set or offensive but I finally decided to just run offensive, so I can hit things harder (That's what she said ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ) with brave bird and so I can run flare blitz, so I don't get completely walled by Steel and Electric types. Also, Tauros is a lot like Tauros; they both enjoy hazards so they can just spam moves with ease that it will OHKO just about everything *cough* Brave Bird Spam *cough* EVs Spread and Nature allow me to outspeed stuff like Raikou and other fast electric types that can take eat up a brave bird with ease than take out talonflame.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 32 SpD / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Speaking of talonflame, after looking over my team, I noticed that if my opponent is using a talonflame of their own,say I lose the speed tie verses their talonflame and it takes me out, they can completely sweep my team my spamming brave birds and flare blitz. Rotom also puts Mega Pinsir, Azumarill, Garchomp, and Mamoswine. Besides Mega Pinser, I didn' really have much for these mons so .. yeah So, I decided to add this guy to my team. :] He also completes the Fire-Grass-Water core. Talonflame is an extremely good partner with Rotom-W since it x4 times resists Grass aka Rotom-W's only weakness. Rotom-W also counters Landoruus-T Scarf and Bulky and than can just spam Volt Switches or Will-o-missWisps as it pleases. EVs spread is pretty common besides the 32 SpD, which is there so I have a chance not to get 2HKOd by Greninja's Dark Pulse after SR in which I can just spam Hydro Pumps (Which is a guaranteed 2HKO against Greninja after stealth rocks, even if it's water.) 48 Speed EVs is so I can outspeed Rotom-Ws with 44 and under Speed Evs and avoid getting burned or losing HP to the incoming volt switch.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Stealth Rock is essential on every team, and Landorus-T finds many opportunities to set it up thanks to Intimidate and its good offensive presence in which, as I said like 5 times now, hazards play a very crucial role in this team in order for Tauros to sweep. Full HP investment and 240 EVs in Defense are crucial for Landorus-T to handle the likes of Talonflame, Excadrill, and Mega Pinsir. 8 Speed EVs are enough to outspeed Modest Magnezone while still having a slow U-turn to take a hit and pivot out to another teammate. 8 Special Defense EVs are run to prevent Mega Manectric from OHKOing with Hidden Power Ice. Leftovers is important to keep Landorus-T healthy throughout the battle.

And last but not least, we have .....

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Besides Talonflame's Birdspam, this is my only greninja check (Cheecky cunt frog is so damn over powered. Sometimes, I wish it didn't get gunk shot and low kick in the first place ... It's always you're either over prepared or under prepared for it ... -_-;) ). Anyways, I debated to myself weather I should run scarf Latios or Excadrill and I finally decided that Excadrill would be a better choice for 2 reasons: 1. Adding Laios would open a large Ice weakness to my team 2. Defog removes hazards on both sides of the field, in which like I said 6 times now, hazards play a very crucial role in this team. The EVs maximize Attack and Speed, while the remainder go into Defense to give an odd HP number. A Jolly nature in tandem with a Choice Scarf allows Excadrill to outspeed key threats such as Thundurus, Mega Charizard Y, +1 Adamant Mega Charizard X, Greninja, Gengar, Latios, and Latias, with Mold Breaker allowing him to bypass Levitate and beat the latter three. Choice Scarf Excadrill can check a variety of dangerous Pokemon such as Mega Pinsir, Talonflame, Thundurus, and Greninja, as well as sweep, and remove entry hazards from my side of the field.

And yeah, that's about it. n_n
Any advise on what I should change is Highly Appreciated, so feel free to leave some advise. n_n
(Whew, done at last. P.S This literally took all day long to write so again, all advise will be looked over. Thanks.

Last edited:
Importable:
Lime (Tauros) @ Life Orb
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast

Ferrothorn (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 32 SpD / 48 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:

Pent

dumb broad
For your first RMT, this is rather good! I love the idea of Tauros in OU since he has a great ability, and speed.

Onto the rate!

I wouldn't run Fire Blast on Tauros, instead, run Rock Slide to deal with other threats like Charizard. Rock Slide also gets the boost from Sheer Force.

Run an EV Spread of 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe on Rotom-Wash since 48 isn't needed to Outspeed, and burn Azumarill.

Good luck with your future RMTs!

Sparkl3y Thinking it over, I think fire blast isn't that great anyways since gyro ball from ferrothorn pretty much OHKOs Tuaros due to it's base 110 speed. Talonflame can do the job of wiping ferrothorn and scizor out anyways. And Charizard Y can reek havoc on my team, so I'll replace Fire blast with rock slide. n-n

Also, if 48 SpE investment really isn't necessary, I'll change it.
Thanks for the advise. n-n :)

Sparkl3y Thinking it over, I think fire blast isn't that great anyways since gyro ball from ferrothorn pretty much OHKOs Tuaros due to it's base 110 speed. Talonflame can do the job of wiping ferrothorn and scizor out anyways. And Charizard Y can reek havoc on my team, so I'll replace Fire blast with rock slide. n-n

Also, if 48 SpE investment really isn't necessary, I'll change it.
Thanks for the advise. n-n :)
Yes and Rotom is a really important member of your team so keep this thing alive at all costs or Azumarill wrecks your team

Yes and Rotom is a really important member of your team so keep this thing alive at all costs or Azumarill wrecks your team
That's one of the reason why I feel this team needs some drastic changes. Because extremely common stuff like Azumerill, Greninja, and some other stuff that I can't think of atm can completely obliterate this team. And removing and adding certain members is quite difficult because everyone one the team plays a very crucial role. :/

Sorry for the double post but , I just got a grand idea! Maybe I could run something like:

Tauros @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power Fire / Sleep Powder / Leech Seed

Venusaur resists fighting, Tauros's only weakness, and walls Azumerill, which completely destroys my team if Rotom goes down. Problem is, I'm not sure what I should replace. :/ Maybe ferrothorn? But than I'd lose spikes, which are very important for Tauros to sweep. Though maybe, I don't need the spikes .. Meh idk. :/

Scarf Latios with the set
Latios@Scarf
Levitate
252spe 252sp atk Timid
-Healing Wish
Psychic
Draco Meteor
HP Fire/Defog

will be better as
(i) Healing Wish can heal teammate back to full and rid a member of status, which really help Rotom W as he hates toxic.
(ii) It checks Greninja WITHOUT Ice Beam, and the ones that do are checked by talonflame.
(iii) Draco Meteor can outspeed kill a DDragonite on full multiscale.
(iv) Ferrothorn is bulky enough so Defog isnt really a problem.

Oh and Stealth Rock>Spikes on Ferrothorn so that Defog doesnt matter as spikes needs 3 turns and doesnt affect flyer while SR does and only needs 1 turn.

Wait, do you mean scarf Latias? Because Latios can't learn Healing Wish. lol

Anyways, should I use Venusaur or Ferrothorn? I don't want to run both because than I would have a large weakness to Fire. :/

Wait, do you mean scarf Latias? Because Latios can't learn Healing Wish. lol

Anyways, should I use Venusaur or Ferrothorn? I don't want to run both because than I would have a large weakness to Fire. :/
Run both as Mega Venasaur gets Thick Fat which makes it neutral to fire. Put Venasaur>Rotom W as Lando with that spread and stone edge checks all threats but azumarill whick Venasaur laughs at.

Sorry for the double post but , I just got a grand idea! Maybe I could run something like:

Tauros @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Venusaur resists fighting, Tauros's only weakness, and walls Azumerill, which completely destroys my team if Rotom goes down. Problem is, I'm not sure what I should replace. :/ Maybe ferrothorn? But than I'd lose spikes, which are very important for Tauros to sweep. Though maybe, I don't need the spikes .. Meh idk. :/

While I don't have any experience with Tauros, I will point out that you are currently not using a Mega and there are 40+ options to choose from.

I also recommend that you have the OP updated with your current build so that you can get better feedback.

Imho, I've used Venu/Exca/Rotom/Talon on my XY team w/ Latios and Azu and it worked wonderfully, but if you really need Spikes out I'm not sure what to recommend over Ferro. Nothing else has grass/steel and I'm not sure what to recommend as a Spiker over it. Klefki? Skarmory? ...Greninja?

How about I go with:

Tauros @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 176 HP / 80 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

or

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

While I don't have any experience with Tauros, I will point out that you are currently not using a Mega and there are 40+ options to choose from.

I also recommend that you have the OP updated with your current build so that you can get better feedback.

Imho, I've used Venu/Exca/Rotom/Talon on my XY team w/ Latios and Azu and it worked wonderfully, but if you really need Spikes out I'm not sure what to recommend over Ferro. Nothing else has grass/steel and I'm not sure what to recommend as a Spiker over it. Klefki? Skarmory? ...Greninja?
If I'd change up ferrothorn, I'd probably use Klefki for my hazard mon due to it's nice bulk / typing. In fact, I see Tauros, Venusaur, Klefki, and Talonflame working well together. Hmm ..

No, Go with:
Tauros @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Klefki@Leftovers
252HP 252def Bold
Prankster
-Spikes/SR
-Spikes/SR/Reflect
-Light Screen
-Foul Play

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Roost/Healing Wish
- Defog/Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

IF THERE IS NO HEALING WISH JUST USE LATIOS YOU IDIOT!!!

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Tauros @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Rock Climb
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Klefki @ Leftovers / Light Clay
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Reflect / Fairy Lock / Light Screen (Btw SR isn't legal on Klefki)
- Foul Play

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor

Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Weaknesses:
- Ice Types: 3 Of my pokemon are weak to Ice, and I have only 1 resit, but Talon
can just Spam Flare blitz though Scarf Mamo, although it's not very common, it can pretty much sweep my entire team.

- Bird spam can be a problem, nothing resits Flying and I have no stealth rocks user. But that's why Klefki and Talonflame are here. Klefki can set up a reflect or Thunder-Wave it and cripple it or I can just use my Talonflame which is designed to out speed other Talonflames.

Thanks for all the help, everyone! :)

Last edited:
But he survives it, and anyway accept it, since his main role is revenge killing he won't take much damage anyway so it won't matter anyway. Lando survives +3 BB without SR damage at 100%

Hi, this is a really cool team, however I do see a big problem to your team, the lati twins really threaten almost your entire team.
To remedy this, I recommend using adamant blackglasses bisharp, with pursuit iron head sucker punch and knock off
24hp/252atk/232spd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)