Resource Team Bazaar

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
SV_UU_Team_Bazaar_Banner.png

Approved by Lily | Art by royalfluxh | OP edited from Rae's​

Hey there! Welcome to the Scarlet and Violet UnderUsed Team Bazaar! This thread will serve as a more casual way to drop new teams you've been building than Sample Teams. Show them off, and some of the more adventurous folks around UU could use them, and even improve upon them. Make sure you include some level of quality to the teams you post in here; don't post a team full of PU 'mons and expect it to not be deleted. Also make sure you test your teams before you post them here; playtesting is an easy way to get rid of very obvious flaws in your teams and makes it easier on anyone that'd want to give advice on your teams or anyone that'd like to try them out! Making descriptions for your teams is important too; wouldn't want to just drop 'em there with no explanation, yeah? Also make sure you post an importable of your teams and include sprites for the benefit of everyone who sees your post - you can check out the old forum guide here. It's not current, but it's a good reasource. Here's an example post:
Might as well drop this one here. First team I built by myself that I liked a lot and put in work.

LO Mienshao + SubCM Primarina

I wanted to use Moltres ever since it dropped and it works well here as a Scizor check, also helping against Grass-types, which Primarina highly appreciates. Amoonguss serves as my Knock absorber and second check to Scizor and DD sweepers like Salamence, which if are special, are countered by Primarina. Let's get this out of the way: Primarina is insane. Subcm simply wins games even when the opponent even if the opponent still has their Grass-type or Scizor. You can easily find opportunities to use Sub against Salamence, non-Tox and Pjab Kommo-o, Amoonguss on the switch-in, Keldeo (big one), and even Aegislash as long it isn't Choice Specs due to this spread. Primarina's EV spread lets it avoid having the Sub broken by Amoonguss at +1, and baby, when Primarina gets going, it's impossible to stop it. Mienshao is my form of Speed control, and has the added benefit of keeping momentum with U-turn against Amoonguss and Tangrowth, which Moltres likes. LO + Regenerator is super good on a hit-and-run mon like this one too. Scizor does Scizor things, and I felt I didn't need U-turn here because of Mien+Molt but you can use that too in place of Knock. Rhyperior is my rocker and electric immunity to block volt switch.
Have fun posting!

Last edited:
Second, also snow team

Abomasnow (F) @ Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 116 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Ice Punch
- Wood Hammer
- Ice Shard
Snow setter, it’s amazing at checking some set up sweepers with ice shard priority. Aurora veil to help support the offensive threats this team has.

Cetitan (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Slush Rush
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
Belly drum + snow abuser. Absolutely insane, already posted a full sweep with this. Obviously need priority in case of no snow, but the plan is pretty simple

Avalugg (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Ice Body
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Curse
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Snow tank. Also hazard control. Super easy to use and aurora veil curse can make it great.

Cloyster (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard
Shell smash abuser. It also slightly benefits from snow but not as much. It acts as great coverage for the rest of the team.

Azumarill (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 236 HP / 252 Atk / 20 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Belly drum abuser 2. Obviously need the coverage for fire types. Also Aqua jet can function similar to icicle shard against set up ice resists.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Surf
- Future Sight
- Slack Off
- Protect
Water tank. Obviously we need the coverage considering how frail ice type can be. Future sight protect gives it amazing tanking potential, especially when added with slack off.

mainly made this as a counter to rain’s prominence. Team explanation is small and move sets could be better, but I’ll need more understanding of the meta.

Last edited:
This is my current team for SV UU, and I hope you can enjoy it too if you decide to use it.
Shout out to Liz for the tinkaton and tsareena sets

:krookodile: :mawile: :tsareena: :gengar: :volcarona: :slowbro:
https://pokepast.es/61daf9c32040ed53

While plenty of people are saying Krookodile is way past it's prime in UU, from the games I've played with it I can confidently say that Krookodile can still hold its own in UU. On this team Krookodile provides speed control and can act as a very solid late game cleaner, as well as being able to threaten gengar, and espartha. Tera Poison gunk shot is somewhat hard to switch into, especially with an adamant nature, and as always Krookodile has intimidate to weaken physical attackers.
Specially defensive Tinkaton is a somewhat reliable switch in to Gengar, can lock nasty plot variants into nasty plot with encore, and can always threaten Gengar out with knock off. Encore also makes it a very good Espathra check, since it can lock it into either calm mind, protect, or roost, and then proceed to wear it down with knock off and gigaton hammer, and even if it doesn't kill Espathra, it can easily force it into priority range. Tinkaton also just acts as a great answer to neutral and resisted special attacks, can remove items with knock off and sets stealth rocks, as well as not being completely passive thanks to gigaton hammer. Thunder wave can also be an option over encore.
Tsareena is a great rapid spinner at the moment, and acts as a very solid ground resist that can use a somewhat slow u-turn to get team members in safely. While losing knock off definitely hurts it, it is still capable of threatening both ground and water types, and no longer having to fear scald is a huge bonus for it. Overall, Tsareena can reliably remove hazards and switch into ground and water types effectively, as well as being immune to priority and having immediate recovery in synthesis.
Gengar is easily one of the biggest threats in this generation of UU, having an incredible speed tier and special attack, and a great stab combination that is generally unresisted, and even gets focus blast for both steel and dark types that resist shadow ball and sludge bomb respectively. I decided to run a substitute 3 attacks set due to how many pokemon Gengar is able to force out, allowing it to score 2hkos against pokemon that would normally scare it out. It is also a very good spin blocker, and this makes it very easy for Gengar to get up a sub and begin greatly wearing down the enemy team.
First impression coming from a choice band Slither Wing is incredibly devastating, and can revenge kill almost any frail pokemon that doesn't quad resist the move. Having Metagross' attack stat makes this pokemon very hard to switch into, and with its typing it has a good amount of resistances which allow it to cone in, and either demolish an opponent with either first impression or close combat, or pivot out with u-turn. Slither Wing pairs very nicely with both Krookodile and Gengar, since it can heavily wear down the opposing team to allow Gengar and Krookodile to clean in the late game and vice-versa.
And finally we have Slowbro, who is easily the best switch in to Hawlucha, as well as being a very reliable physical wall, and the ability to spread paralysis to support Slither Wing. Slowbro is also very good right now due to it being able to handle two of the most threatening physical water types in Azumarill and Barreskewda, the latter being especially important with how much rain is being used on ladder.

Overall, this team is solid all around and has preformed very well for me in the games I've played with it.
Of course though, Krookodile still isn't the best pokemon at the moment, so here is a version of a team with sandy shocks over krookodile, so that threatening water and flying types becomes easier, as well as it being a choice scarf user that can outspeed most +1 pokemon and pivot.

:gengar: :mawile: :tsareena: :magneton: :volcarona: :slowbro:
https://pokepast.es/50cc527003c64b5c

I hope you do well with either 2 versions of this team.
Good luck and have fun!

viet noa

eating neopronoun pizza at little xe/xyrs
is a Pre-Contributor
Rain's Probably Broken :pelipper::barraskewda::drednaw::kilowattrel::golduck::tinkaton:

With every rain abuser legal, there's a good chance that rain is extremely viable in UU. Pelipper is the obligatory rain setter, enabling the team to work.

Barraskewda was an obvious pick as well, since it's the premier rain abuser. It has a variety of uses, but may serve best as an early game wallbreaker. By putting significant pressure on walls like Blissey and Hippowdon, it opens a hole through defensive structures.

It's up for debate how strong Shell Smash drednaw will be in rain, but having it outspeed everything in rain (on top of +2 attack) definitely sounds nice. It will probably be a late game cleaner.

Although Kilowattrel is a siscount Zapdos, its speed and combination of attacks makes it a perfect fit on rain teams. Kilowattrel likely serves as an offensive pivot throughout the game, pivoting in and out during the whole match.

Golduck has nasty plot now, so its potential in rain is certainly a lot higher than before. To get past bulky Waters like Rotom-Wash, I gave it a Grass Tera type. Golduck's coverage will likely make it a good mid-game setup breaker

I gave Tikaton a Ferrothorn-type role, letting it spam Knock Off and set up hazards while tanking Fire-type attacks more easily in rain. its defensive typing is amazing, so it may have some niche defensively (despite zero recovery).

I made a rain team today just fooling around and I'd love feedback if anyone wants to offer any. This is also my first team I am posting on here so I might not be the best at team making.

https://pokepast.es/cbd08ba939c432c1

Pelipper is my go-to rain setter and as long as he is in UU he is not going to lose that spot. I choose chilling water but this can easily be Knock Off as well.

Toxicity is here for one thing, Tera-normal boomburst. Off of a 114 special attack and everything boosting boomburst I believe Tox might be one of the best special attacking revenge killers in the tier. Having a strong thunder definitely helps get damage across when boomburst is resisted/nullified.

Drednaw is the end-game sweeper. In the rain and with a shell smash boost, it can easily outspeed most threats in the tier and take them out with no issue. The tera-type I choose was water to nuke harder but can truly be anything from ice to ghost just to keep it safe from priority.

Kilowattrel is basically discount Zapdos. It does exactly the same thing minus having static. It gets in, hits hard with its amazing stab combo, and surprises absolutely everyone when you reveal the water weather ball. I personally use a volt switch to gain some momentum but you can very much use roost so you have recovery or u-turn to guarantee nothing blocks your pivot. I do not tera-type this mon very often but if I do it is usually one of its stabs or water to guarantee some ko's.

Quagsire is here to be my general support mon. With unaware, it beats a lot of the set-up mons in the tier and can force them out with a yawn. On the switch, you can either throw out more yawns, stealth rocks, or even recover to keep quag healthy.

Barraskewda might be the scariest rain abuser in the tier. It outspeeds 99% of things, boosted or not, in rain, and with liquidation and choice band in rain it can clean up most teams or even come in early to break holes in the enemy team. Close combat is here to use when Barrasweda needs a little bit more power to break through a neutral target. Psychic fangs is on the moveset because Barra lost flip turn and does not get any pivot moves now. You can run terrablast-ice if you so think it's needed.

Reactions: Rae

plznostep

Flittle Fanatic
is a Community Contributor
Heya, made a screens team earlier that i have been having fun with and wanted to share on this forum

Screens Good
:ss/morgrem: :sv/sandy-shocks: :ss/hatterene: :sv/naclstack: :sv/espathra: :ss/haxorus:

So to start, Morgrem is my setter of choice for my screens; I find it gets them up reliably sometimes even twice in a game thanks to prankster screens, can taunt other leads like Klefki, Toedscruel and Sandy Shocks and also can Parting Shot on mons after its down allowing team mates such as Hatterene to set up.

Sandy Shocks is specically here for hazards with Flash Cannon to hit Hatterenes who want to Magic Bounce my hazards away and then a booster energy that boosts my speed so i can get my hazards up no matter what.

Hatterene has proved to me that it is probably Top 3 when it comes to mons in this meta to be honest, with screens its incredibly bulky and with only 2 Calm Mind boosts i can find myself sweeping teams not prepared for it at all. Draining Kiss also heals it back to full on a kill as well making it really damn hard to kill after these boosts. I have Tera Water on this to make my rain MU a cake walk, only Azumarill on rain could ever hope to break it after that and Draining Kiss gets me back to full on every kill on mons such as Floatzel and Barraskewda. Also nice for mons such as Bisharp and Tinkaton, although it does have the drawback that now i am revenged by Pawmot's Double Shock. Hattrene also just fits perfectly on screens due to Magic Bounce making it immune to status such as Quagsire's toxic and Grafarai's Encore, which is especially important when those two are quite common options. I like having Psyshock to hit Toedscruel's who want to bypass my Magic Bounce Ability and to also try to win 1v1's vs Espathra.

Naclstack to be perfectly honest was quite underwhelming. I never really got too many sweeps with it but Salt Cure is at least nice to beat Quagsire and Gastrodon so theres that.

Espathra is Espathra; very broken and hard to stop so its here as well.

Hazorus is a great cleaner after one of these options has gone to down with Mold Breaker being really nice to avoid Quagsire's Unaware ability. Overall, it has been a very fun team to use and someone could probably bring it to high ladder if they were able to pilot it better than i am able to (lol)

Got to 1400 with this team:
https://pokepast.es/c90ca690aca395c3

:sv/quagsire: :sv/salamence: :sv/tinkaton: :sv/scream tail: :sv/noivern: :sv/azumarill:

If you think I put water absorb quagsire and salamence on the team as a counterteam to rain teams then.... yeah I kind of did. But at the same time, both are genuienly solid pokes in their own right. quagsire checks rain threats as well as pawmont, tinkaton, donphan, hippowdon, iron thorns, bisharp, sandy shocks, and gyarados all in one slot. toxic is an incredibly valuable move esp when so much less pokes get it now and spikes are really good as well. I've never had to teralize Quagsire and to be honest, I think I should use Tera Steel instead, as an emergency check to opposing Azumarill. Salamence switches into every grass type that treatens quagsire, checks slither wing, gallade, lucario, heracross, gyarados, and both tauros forms, and can tera steel to save itself against a faster dragon, fairy, or a dangerous sweeper in general. It's also one of the few pokes to keep Roost.

Tinkaton takes advantage of the fairy types that treatens mence all day and gets rocks onto the field. It's also notably one of the very few pokemon to truely answer esparatha. Its knock off is incredibly valuable in combination with quagsire's spikes and it has the incredibly valuable trait of being able to get rocks up vs hatterene, which is looking to be a top 5 mon.

Scream Tail provides much needed special walling and wish support, and it helps keep in check dragons, kilowattle, iron jugulus, and esparatha. To be honest, I could probably replace encore with calm mind or use a trick scarf set. It's probably the most replaceable member on the team but it still has saved me in a number of games. I'd also probably want tera steel on it so that it can act as a defensive wincon in some games.

Noivern is the main wincon of this team. With tera normal, boomburst shreads through a lot of teams like butter. Even normal resistant pokes have a hard time taking it with spikes on the field. Even without teralizing, noivern is still a solid overall poke, being fast, dropping dracos and u-turns, and having a decent amount of defensive utility to boot. its ability to outspeed gengar is huge for this team and Infiltrator is insanely useful against sub gengar and screens teams. In the lower ladder, players tend to forget about infiltrator and I can pick up a few free kos as a result but even in higher ladder, this ability is still extremely useful.

Azumarill's priority gives this team a lot of defensive utility against sweepers like polteageiest, barraskewda in rain, and esperatha. Its physical wallbreaking combines perfectly with noivern, esp with noivern's anti-offense capabilities combining with azumarill's ability to bust through even the toughest walls.

SLITHER WING RAIN - Used this to win a room tour. REPLAY

Pelipper, Barraskewda, Killowattrel, and Tinkaton are all required on rain IMO.

Ground Tera Pelipper with this EV spread always kills Pawmot and opposing Killowattrel with Hydro Pump. If you see either of these, you're gonna wanna eliminate them, they're huge threats to this team.

Barraskewda is simple to use, I personally don't like Crunch and would rather have the additional utility of Aqua Jet. Another Tera option is Tera Steel in order to survive common priority moves like First Impression, Extreme Speed, and Accelerock.

Killowattrel is very fast naturally and is a solid breaker with its high BP moves. Tera water is a second line of defence versus Pawmot, letting you resist Ice Punch and OHKO back with boosted Weather Ball.

Tinkaton provides tons of role compression in Rocks, Knock, and Encore. Gigaton Hammer helps you beat Fairies and Espathra, and in general be less passive. T-Wave isn't needed support given the natural speed of the offensive core.

Tatsugiri is Hazard Control and a ridiculous breaker, Nasty Plot boosted Hydro's and Draco's decimate the entire tier. Unaware Quag can be broken with Tera Dragon. Versus other offence it's the first sack. It's invested in bulk to survive stray hits from the setters it's threatening out.

Slither Wing is crucial against pretty much every play style and IMO the star of the show. Tera Dark allows you to counter the ghosts that like to switch into your STABS, helps you avoid Future Sight from the Twins, and become immune to Espathra Stored Power. You get many a chance to set up Sub with the switches First Impression forces, and Leech Life gives you recovery. Close Combat is brutal off this things attack stat.

---

This team is good but often needss to use its Tera types defensively in order not to fold against certain threats. Azumarill is also a pain for this team as there's no good switch ins to Band, and Belly Drum kills everything with Aqua Jet. It's a matter of positioning versus it. Other pains in the ass include Brambleghast, who's ghost stab is unresisted and can survive a hit from anything, and Bellibolt who walls Killowattrel, whilst eating even Tera Liquidation for days and striking back with an OHKO.

Have fun with it!

Queen of Bean

UUPL Champion
:sv/dragalge: :sv/magnezone: :sv/weavile: :sv/staraptor: :sv/quagsire: :sv/brambleghast:

pokepaste: https://pokepast.es/4f68b4b6b92fd3f3

this is a team thats been in the works for quite a while and while right now i think its a decent team, it still has a few kinks to work out so
any suggestions would be awesome.

i built this team around the offensive pair of dragalge and magnezone, dragalge is a really powerful pokemon with its main weakness being steel types which magnezone remedies somewhat. my dragalge used to be specs but when doing some calcs i decided that leftovers is strong enough and it allows it to use its natural bulk to better effect (leftovers over black sludge because of tera)

i added quag and brambleghast for removing and setting hazards and doing okay into rain teams which are very strong right now. my quagsire is tera dark and spdef so it can check every variant of espathra pretty consistenly. brambleghast is energy ball over spikes for a better gastrodon matchup because i thought that may be an issue for the team.

weavile i added to also benefit from magnezone whilst being good offensively into ground types and prividing some priority and set up for the team! i went with adamant for extra power because sometimes is feels a bit weak and alot of things faster than it dont take ice sharp very well so i think its the better nature choice

and i put a staraptor for some more speed control with scarf aswell as being a super strong offensive poke with pivoting ability. and its normal and flying stabs are able to be spammed for easily with steels removed by magnezone. its also a ground AND ghost immune for the team.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

things this team struggles with:

this team doesnt like rain too much despite the addition of physdef brambleghast and quag just because rain boosted water moves are insanely strong, it is able to be played around but its a hard matchup for sure.

make sure to keep your tera and a healthy quag agaisnt espathra teams as the matchup is still a teensy bit shaky, if things get out of hand you can revenge with weavile if neccesary

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i hope everyone has a nice day and that if you do choose to use this team you have a fun time!

1670400876848.png1670400932378.png1670400985926.png1670401042685.png1670401084091.png1670401140759.png

This team is terrible, and much like the other times I've shared my team, it just goes to show much much bullshit I'm able to get away with. It gets around a 2 to 1 W to L ratio and mostly just cheeses people who forget that Drednaw just sorta exists. This team is built around enabling Drednaw as much as possible, using two wallbreakers and a LOT of harassment to bait in walls and do enough damage that Drednaw wins after clicking Shell Smash. There isn't any other win cons, and the team honestly struggles a lot, but it also gets concerningly good results against good players who expect me to be good at the video game, so haha here you go

(note: these are sorted in rainbow from blue being the good stuf and red being the 'haha i dont know how to fix this, you can do it tho)

Pros of this team:
- Drednaw is basedlord and just sort of wins certain matches instantly. Dark tera means you aren't very afraid of Klefki/Grafaiai, are immune to Stored Power, and have a backup panic button vs. Scarf Gallade. Dark-tera +2 Crunch also OHKOs almost every physical wall that doesn't have an external way of raising Defense, like Eviolite, or resists it. And what resists it still takes 50% on the incoming. It notably extra fucks with Klefki, since many don't run Dazzling Gleam.
- Specs Gengar is actually illegal and I look forward to its inevitable suspect test
- Dual Screens Hatterene enables some of the cheesiest shit in the universe, and if screens aren't necessary, can suicide for another chance for Drednaw
- Tinkaton is the only answer to Espathra you need, as Drednaw gets a free opportunity after Espathra is Nuzzle'd or Twave'd. Tink also can just 1v1 a LOT of mons to do huge chip damage or harass with Knock long-term. SR helps make Drednaw actually kill everything in the universe, and tends to force Talonflame in so it can't Brave Bird with Gale Wings.
- That sure was a nice kill you got on Gengar there! I sure hope you're able to kill it a second time!
- Arboliva is a reasonable Rain check, and Ghost Tera can stop Close Combat from Tauros or Barrasewda in emergencies.
- Pawmot.

Cons of this team:
- Pawmot.
- You gamble your existence on getting Screens up and Drednaw in position. It's easier in practice than in thought, but you have to deal with Sturdy, Focus Sash, hazard removal, and prior chip on walls like Tinkaton before you can go in. You also have many backups, from revive to Healing Wish to dual screens to para spam, but sometimes you just get fucked.
- No matter how much coverage Drednaw tries to run, you will never have enough moves. Stone Edge for general use, Waterfall for consistent STAB and 20% flinch cheese, Poison Jab for Fairy Tera and Wo-Chien, Earthquake for Tinkaton, Substitute for cheese... you just can't win here. Chewtle in LC at least had room for Sub!
- Hatterene is obscenely passive, mold breaker Taunt can bypass it, and Ground types, particularly Krookodile, just get an immediate free entry.
- If that Salamence on their team is scarfed, you might as well just ask so you can forfeit early.
- Espathra still sucks to deal with (while its still here), since you're stil gambling on having the right moves to beat it and getting Para hax to work with you. Tink can 1v1 non-Roost variants fine, but Fairy ones can OHKO the full team if they don't Stored Power into a Dark tera.
- If you get crit O N C E you probably just lost the game from losing a major piece in your strategy
- Lack of defog means you gamble everything on guessing right vs. Webs teams. And I am not a very good gambler.
- If that Lucario clicks Swords Dance, I sure hope it doesn't have Bullet Punch!
- Arboliva is a good rain check in the same way that my mental state is good. If the Barraskewda has any brain cells, you just lose immediately afterward. Water tera also can still punch a massive hole even if you guess right on Liquidation.
- Priority in general stops everything this team has. First Impression Slither Wing/Haxorus, Aqua Jet Azumarill, ExtremeSpeed Lucario all suck. At least Sucker Punches Drednaw resists.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________-

RECOMMENDATIONS IF YOU USE THIS GARBAGE:

- If you find a mon, literally anything, to replace Arboliva with, I completely recommend doing so. It's a good enough check for me to Rain as well as being a very reasonably bulky mon in its own right who's handled a lot for me. But I also know that thing is kryptonite to most of you. Rapid Spin would help this team a lot. Choice Scarfers would also help.

- Swap around Drednaw's coverage if you hate it. If you want to be the special person that runs Grass Terablast Drednaw, go for it (but I am judging you for it.) The current coverage is what is suited me best.

- I get so routinely screwed by RNG that I gave up on most sub-100% accuracy moves, ex. Leaf Storm on Arboliva, Focus Blast on Gengar, and Stone Edge on Drednaw. One of my many saved replays has me missing a 90% twice on Arboliva... then sweeping with Drednaw immediately afterwards. Win some, ya lose some.

- Most of the Tera types in this team are built around niche utility over Drednaw - Pawmot can use Double Shocks infinitely with Electric Tera, Electric is a solid coverage type for Gengar which can be spammed relatively easily, Ghost is the only way Arboliva can bait Rain OHKOers, and Tink's is to escape Magnezone and not be afraid of Talonflame as much. Find better uses for a bunch of them if you can.

have fun with the OHKO machine

https://pokepast.es/fba94d8b6cf47557

This is my first post here, so please be kind!
I wanted to use two underrated paradox pokemons in Slither Wing and Sandy Shocks with my boy Slowking who, in my opinion, is one of the best pivots in the format. He helps a lot against rain team (bar Barraskewda), setting up hail with chilly reception to stop opponent's momentum and to bring in a threat. Slither Wing forces a lot of pressure and is great alongside Slowking to handle dark and steel types, I gave it U-Turn to gain further momentum out of the sun, but considering its coverage there are plenty options. Sandy Shocks gets a speed boost under sun and with specs it still deals a lot of damage, the tera grass is to 1hko Quagsire and Gastrodon.
The rest of the team supports the two main offensive mons. Tsareena is a nice spinner that blocks priority, Hydreigon is a decent rocker in the format imho due to his ground immunity and is good with taunt: I gave U-turn to both of them because I find momentum very important in this team.
Klefki sets the sun and gives two crucial immunities to both poison and dragon: I think that setting up spikes is more valuable for the team than both screens, considering the nature of the team.

I think that this team is kind of weak to status spam, especially paralysis, and that maybe lacks offensive pressure outside of the two paradox pokemons.
If you want you can try it and improve it! Cheers

Slip

dancing to alarm bells
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Hello friends I suddenly hit my temporary goal of breaking top 100 on the ladder today while testing a team I wasn't expecting to go anywhere for a while until I worked out its kinks, but the team is surprisingly effective so I wanted to share what I had so far. Maybe one of you would be able to take it to the next level. I also think this is a good time to talk about what I think is cool/good in the meta right now.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 210330.png

The Team: Mabosstiff and Friends
:grafaiai: :mabosstiff: :rotom-mow: :slowking: :donphan: :tinkaton: (click me!)

I built this team around Grafaiai and Mabosstiff as I was heavily influenced by @ lily's interest in these mons from the very beginning. Grafaiai is great with prankster and parting shot making it a lot easier for your Pokemon to switch into attacks while the de buff really makes your opponent want to switch out. Mabosstiff is perfect for taking advantage of this due to it's ability Stakeout. If you are not familiar with this ability (I don't blame you as Thievul was the only one with it in SS), when the opposing player switches Pokemon on an attack, your offensive stat (attack in this case) is doubled. The main issue with this core is that they are both pretty weak to fighting even though Grafaiai's poison typing makes the attack neutral damage, so I added Slowking to help with that along with helping the rain match up. Rotom-Mow is a threat no one is really talking about. We don't have a lot of great Grass-Type Pokemon at the moment, so an offensive one that can burn offensive threats or trick walls/set up users to shut them down is amazing imo. Donphan is our ground coverage and a wonderful spinner that makes ghost types think twice before switching in to block thanks to knock off. Tinkaton ties us together as the special wall and 2nd disrupter for offensive mons. Thunder wave and encore help a lot to make sure you don't get swept, while also helping Mabosstiff's average speed tier. The main threat for this team is Kilowattrel in rain, and mostly any other aggressive electric type Pokemon, as it becomes a bit of a guess and check game. Grafaiai and trick help solve this issue, but it is definitely an uphill battle and something I am looking to improve upon.

If you have any questions or comments I'd love to hear them and thanks for reading!

Hello friends I suddenly hit my temporary goal of breaking top 100 on the ladder today while testing a team I wasn't expecting to go anywhere for a while until I worked out its kinks, but the team is surprisingly effective so I wanted to share what I had so far. Maybe one of you would be able to take it to the next level. I also think this is a good time to talk about what I think is cool/good in the meta right now.

The Team: Mabosstiff and Friends
:grafaiai: :mabosstiff: :rotom-mow: :slowking: :donphan: :tinkaton: (click me!)

I built this team around Grafaiai and Mabosstiff as I was heavily influenced by @ lily's interest in these mons from the very beginning. Grafaiai is great with prankster and parting shot making it a lot easier for your Pokemon to switch into attacks while the de buff really makes your opponent want to switch out. Mabosstiff is perfect for taking advantage of this due to it's ability Stakeout. If you are not familiar with this ability (I don't blame you as Thievul was the only one with it in SS), when the opposing player switches Pokemon on an attack, your offensive stat (attack in this case) is doubled. The main issue with this core is that they are both pretty weak to fighting even though Grafaiai's poison typing makes the attack neutral damage, so I added Slowking to help with that along with helping the rain match up. Rotom-Mow is a threat no one is really talking about. We don't have a lot of great Grass-Type Pokemon at the moment, so an offensive one that can burn offensive threats or trick walls/set up users to shut them down is amazing imo. Donphan is our ground coverage and a wonderful spinner that makes ghost types think twice before switching in to block thanks to knock off. Tinkaton ties us together as the special wall and 2nd disrupter for offensive mons. Thunder wave and encore help a lot to make sure you don't get swept, while also helping Mabosstiff's average speed tier. The main threat for this team is Kilowattrel in rain, and mostly any other aggressive electric type Pokemon, as it becomes a bit of a guess and check game. Grafaiai and trick help solve this issue, but it is definitely an uphill battle and something I am looking to improve upon.

If you have any questions or comments I'd love to hear them and thanks for reading!
Jaw Lock could also be an option over Crunch. It's got the same BP and a more useful secondary effect (trapping VS 20% chance to drop Defense). Only downside is slightly less BP

Slip

dancing to alarm bells
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Jaw Lock could also be an option over Crunch. It's got the same BP and a more useful secondary effect (trapping VS 20% chance to drop Defense). Only downside is slightly less BP
I actually looked at Jaw Lock as I thought the idea was cool, but the whole point of Mabosstiff is you want your opponent to switch out for the huge Stakeout damage bonus. The only real set you could run with Jaw Lock would be a substitute, hone claws, trailblaze, jaw lock set where you hope you trap something useless against Mabosstiff in order to set up and sweep while also hoping you don't get locked in against something Mabosstif doesn't like. Stakeout with crunch is just way more consistent which is why I run it over Jaw Lock.

https://pokepast.es/99910dc1b0cd0dac
Sorry for not using the sprites but I don't really know how to do so
The mons are BISHARP - P-TAUROS Fire - VAPOREON - TSAREENA - DRAGALGE - SALAMENCE

The idea of the team was building balance around the Bisharp + Paldean Tauros core, since they make for a great defense/offense and have good type synergy. I've been getting great results with it, so I really wanted to share it. Hope it's useful to somebody!

Eviolite Bisharp is almost mandatory to not get blown by espathra (and isn't even a reliable counter since it can run tera fighting), and also makes for a solid counter to a great variety of things, from, indeedy or arboliva to brambleghast and to tinkaton, and even sets up comfortably against klefki for example. Even though the lack of night slash makes it not great against the slow twins, iron head is usually consistent enough and sucker punch is just a great offensive/defensive tool, being a decent check to gengar, veluza and actually any setup sweeper after enough chip, and stealth rock is just good utility against defensive switch-ins. Tera Psychic is a desperate attempt to not lose to Tera-Fighting Espathra, but even then it doesn't work well. Maybe Tera-Dark for Sucker Punch or Tera-Flying are better options.
As for Tauros, it's almost the perfect bisharp counter even with intimidate triggering defiant. You take less than 40% from +3 sucker punch. It is underwhilmingly 2-hit-KOed against choice band slither wing's cc, so you have to be careful, but will'o + intimidate shuts down many threats suck as tinkaton, mimikyu, iron thorns, even azu trying to belly drum in your face. I run tera water + wild charge since it actually can act as a decent counter to rain. It's main weakness is the lack of recovery, but I still prefer boots rather than lefties since you really want to avoid hazard chip damage in crutial switch-ins such as against pawmot. You really need to manage it's hp though, since it can get easily pressured against strong attackers.
Next is vaporeon, it's just great against rain, and with defensive investment just cooks barraskewda and eats it for breakfast. Wish support is essential since Bisharp and Tauros don't have any form of recovery. Protect is good for scouting choiced attackers and piling toxic spikes damage, and ice beam + hydro pump hit deceptively hard coming from 110 spa, even if uninvested. That makes things like hawlucha or gengar unable to set up on it, and also checks noivern, while making it difficult for offensive teams in general to switch-in for free. Bad thing is how vulnerable it is against the rotom forms, and also doesn't help against slow-twins or Chansey that get free chances to recover. Tera-Dragon is to resist water/electric, but honestly never used it.
Tsareena just spins, pivots and deals huge damage with whip (plus the option of boosting with Tera-Grass), great for 2-hit-KO on chansey and slowbro and obliterating quagsire and slowking, being the latter 3 really important to open for mence sweep. Great defensive synergy with vaporeon too, and even without defensive investment takes hits quite well. I don't really know what's about tsareena in this meta, but it looks very consistent for balanced and offense alike.
As for Dragalge, I love it since I used it in SS NU and even after losing flip turn this things just deals consistent damage to everyting not named chansey. I use Tera-Water+Hydro Pump instead of focus blast because there aren't really a ton of good steels in the meta and the ones that are used are either not weak to fighting or already countered by Tauros. Also, adaptability hydro pump 2-Hit-KOes Bronzong, quite impressive I might say. Toxic Spikes are great support overall.

Finally, Tera-Ground Salamence does emergency-switch-in against barraskewda and slither wing, while taking weakened teams as an opportunity for clean-up. STAB Earthquake is really strong while also hitting steels, and being a ground type also makes it turn the tables on passive fairies and being immune to chansey's t-wave. It finds good setup opportunities and either wallbreaks or cleans up consistently.

(click for importable)
Sandy Shocks Lead Offense
Heyo! I wanted to share this team as it's brought me a lot of success on ladder, and it's pretty straightforward and fun to use! The team starts with Sandy Shocks leading the game off with Stealth Rocks and then pounding away with its great coverage and high SpA. Focus Sash is used to make sure it can always get hazards up in the face of other offensive leads like Choice Scarf Rotom-Wash and opposing Sandy Shocks, and Tera Ice complements its Electric/Ground coverage beautifully to hit Grass-types (and OHKO many Dragons!). Rotom-Wash provides necessary defensive backbone and pivoting for the team, since it is not an all-out Hyper Offense team and needs to be able to take a few hits sometimes. Rotom can perform numerous roles, from acting as a buffer against rain and Azumarill's Aqua Jet, to pivoting with Volt Switch, to burning physical attackers, to becoming a threat itself with Nasty Plot. Really, it's a Swiss Army Knife of a Pokemon. Its Tera type could be changed, but I've never found myself Terastalizing it anyway, so I don't think it's too important. Next up is the UUBL bird! Choice Scarf Staraptor is an absolute terror, and can get away with Adamant on this team for even more power due to the presence of triple priority. Staraptor can also act as an alternate lead if Sandy Shocks would not be appropriate, such as against Blissey. Starraptor can act as a cleaner, wallbreaker, or pivot, depending on what is needed for the current game state. Next is Brute Bonnet, who blends bulk and access to Spore with power and priority through Sucker Punch. Brute Bonnet is able to switch into the Water/Ground types consistently, and can cripple something with Spore or just immediately go on the offensive. Lum Berry is the item I have found to be most effective, as opponents will often try to burn Brute Bonnet to avoid being Sucker Punched and to cripple it in one go, and Lum brutally (hehe) punishes attempts to do this by allowing Brute Bonnet to get off a free attack or Spore when this happens. Brute Bonnet also provides a secondary Electric and Ground resist for the team, and aids in keeping Espathra in check. The given bulk survives a Stone Edge from Iron Thorns after Quark Drive + Dragon Dance gets it to +2 Attack. Choice Band Azumarill is the second-last mon, and is similar to Brute Bonnet in that it blends bulk and power, while packing priority. It's really difficult to switch into Azumarill currently due to the lack of Regenerator Grasses that plagued Azumarill in the previous generation, and Choice Band ensures that even resisted hits do considerable damage. Azumarill will often act as a wallbreaker against even physically bulky Pokemon like Forretress, and helps in dealing with Pokemon like Scream Tail through its sheer strength. Finally, Mimikyu ends the team off. It's an amazing option for offense teams right now due to packing a Normal immunity (useful for Boomburst Noivern and Extreme Speed Lucario), Disguise to take any one hit (barring Mold Breaker!), a great STAB combination, good base Speed, and yet more priority in Shadow Sneak. All in all the team has been really successful and a ton of fun to use, so I hope you all enjoy it :D

Last edited:
Screenshot 2022-12-10 184010.png

https://pokepast.es/0009459198172bc8

on an 11 streak with this rn, stopped at 1405. The idea behind the team is using busted, nigh unwallable lycan with support that abuses ground types (the only real lycan counters). When a ground type is in on Lycan and sees Hydreigon they are dissuaded from using their ground STAB, so setting hazards seems more favorable, but they also see Espeon, so you play this mind game with them that gets them super stressed out and tilted that has a pretty good chance of punishing them, less notably they also have to decide between status move and ground move (whirlwind hippo, toxic quag). Slither wing + Lycan is very good as a lot what switches into slither will get nuked by Lycan, and it forces out tera fairy on Espathra which makes accelerock a much safer play (you rule out fighting tera). Quag prevents the DD dragons from completely mogging this team and toxic on a ground type is just stupid free barring like Bronzong, and other random sweepers HO teams with shenanigans that beat HO teams with no shenanigans(mine) (Veluza, Teapot, Drednaw, Cloyster etc.). Gengar is just Gengar, why is your team not running Gengar? this thing is just free as hell to do whatever rn, also if opposing espathra has used protect first turn out this outspeed and tricks it (not perfect, can for and get second protect but thats so risky vs geng)

Hi all,
I wanted to post a team I've been having quite a bit of fun with recently.

TLDR: set up as much hazards as possible using :quagsire:(tspikes), :tinkaton:(sr), and :brambleghast:(spikes), set up tailwind with:talonflame:, and then sweep with :noivern: and :bisharp:.

:brambleghast:Brambleghast
can both spin and spinblock as well as being an overall annoyance with Rocky Helmet, Phantom Force, Strength Sap, and fully defensive EV investment. Tera Fire makes it resistant to fire and ice as well as neutral to dark, ghost, flying, and poison, and makes it weak to water, ground, and rock, all of which Brambleghast resists pre-tera.

:tinkaton:Tinkaton can set up SR against :hatterene: and :espeon: bc of Mold Breaker, Knock Off HDB users so they don't get away with avoiding all the hazards, and can Encore to lock slower passive mons into stuff like stealth rock or lock the funny ostrich into calm mind and then bop whatever comes in with Gigaton Hammer or, once again, Knock Off. Tera Flying lets it escape ground moves which is its most noticeable weakness, as well as making it neutral to fire.

:quagsire:Quagsire is better with Water Absorb than Unaware in my opinion, since it shuts down most rain teams, and the physdef. investment lets it easily tank neutral CC's from :barraskewda:, and it can Tera Steel to stop Giga Drain. It also provides a valuable Volt Switch immunity. In addition, it dissuades opposing mons from setting up since ppl mostly run Unaware on Quag and they may not know that you have Water Absorb instead (this mon is just a direct :azumarill: counter lol). Toxic Spikes assist the rest of the team with the continuous extra damage, as well as crippling setup sweepers. Yawn is insanely underrated. It lets Quag get out of unfavorable matchups and makes it impossible for anything to stay in on it for more than one turn unless it wants to die.

:talonflame:Talonflame is this team's support mon. Will-o-wisp cripples stuff like :slither wing:, :cetitan:, and azumarill. Tailwind helps Bisharp and Noivern do their jobs easier without having to worry about scarfed mons, Taunt stops passive mons, and U-turn lets it pivot out of unfavorable matchups. Tera Steel lets it resist rock moves that would normally kill it.

Finally, we get into the team's sweepers.

Eviolite:bisharp:Bisharp is absolutely insane in every single way. Defiant lets it either force out defog users or get a free +2 attack boost, and combined with Swords Dance, you're basically always gonna be at +5 or +6 attack. And once you get there...your opponents can just forfeit. I run Tera Dark over Tera Ghost because at +4 to +6, you're OHKO'ing everything in sight with Tera-boosted Sucker Punch, especially with hazards. Night Slash is to bop stuff that tries to outsmart it with non-attacking moves so that you can't Sucker Punch them, and Iron Head is for the Fairy types, though it's kind of useless as you're still OHKO'ing them even with resisted Sucker Punch.

Last up is the funny screaming bat:noivern:. I don't think any explanation for this is required other than "click tera button then click instakill button".

This team certainly isn't perfect, so feel free to iron out any flaws you may find!

Last edited:
SLITHER WING RAIN - Used this to win a room tour. REPLAY

etc etc etc
This team's really fun and it's an incredible feeling to watch Slither completely blank check three different strategies, but man you were RIGHT about Azumarill, band is a pain in the ass without really good positioning, and Tera Ground Belly-sets kind of just win if you mispredict the Tera- wonder if there's a spinner or defogger that beats this thing, Tatsunukes are fun but he does feel like a weak link in the team.

Queen of Bean

UUPL Champion
specs toxtricity and brute bonnet offense
:sv/gastrodon: :sv/brute bonnet: :sv/toxtricity: :sv/lycanroc dusk: :sv/tinkaton: :sv/talonflame:
(click pokes for link)

i made this team around toxtricity and brute bonnet, two pokemon i think are pretty underrated and un-prepped for in the current meta.
toxtricity rips through almost everything apart from ghost and ground types with its tera normal boomburst and its strong stabs, and you know what does well into ghost and ground types, brute bonnet! these pokemon covered eachother very well in my opinion both offensively and defensively. i took some inspiration from celebiiis brute bonnet set with a lum berry spore 3 attacks set, but i changed the evs to outspeed adamant azumarill because i think my iron thorns matchup is good enough.next i added a gastrodon and the smogon birb (talonflame), these two pokemon are an amazing defensive core for teams, providing defog and hazards and checking alot of the physical threats in the tier.my gastrodon is tera poison with sludge bomb to surprise grass types and still have the ability to poison things like quagsire (even though its not toxic ): but with better special bulk. talonflame also burns
many pokemon with flame body, which can clutch out some games into things like agility gallade with a well timed burn if your revenge killers have fainted. i needed a steel and something with a better matchup into special attackers like gengar so tinkaton felt like a natural fit, i made it swords dance with encore to mtachup better into espathra and slower defensive teams that get terrorized by this pokemon at plus 4.
i wasnt sure what to have as the last pokemon for the team, so pif (jokingly) told me to hop on ladder with 5 mons and and find out what im weak to.
i decided to do that anyway :boi: (i went 1-1) and i found that i was pretty weak to staraptor, so i added a lycanroc to offensively check it, i made lycanroc choice banded because its a super strong breaker and cleaner in the late game with acceleroc.
this team has been doing pretty well on ladder for me and its been alot of fun so i wanted to share it, i hope people have fun with it too!​

Hi all,
I wanted to post a team I've been having quite a bit of fun with recently.

:quagsire: :tinkaton: :noivern: :bisharp: :talonflame: :brambleghast:

etc etc etc

Messed around with this team a bit and I dunno if I'd call Quag a full counter with Water Absorb; BellyAzu can very easily just click Play Rough and kill reliably, and some of them run Trail Blaze. Rain's been dropping in usage lately, so I'm gonna give Unaware a try and get back to you on how it rolls.

Messed around with this team a bit and I dunno if I'd call Quag a full counter with Water Absorb; BellyAzu can very easily just click Play Rough and kill reliably, and some of them run Trail Blaze. Rain's been dropping in usage lately, so I'm gonna give Unaware a try and get back to you on how it rolls.
yeah i've noticed that as well, i've encountered only 1 rain team in my last ~35 battles and theres a lot more azu's so i switched it to unaware and it's way better

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)