Smeargle @ Choice Scarf
Own Tempo
Jolly
252 HP/252 Spe/6 Def
-Spore
-Trick
-Stun Spore
-Transform

This is an awesome lead. Trick set up Pokemon like Bronzong into Stealth Rocking, Spore the switch. Stun Spore the next switch, then Transform if you'll have the upper hand. Works very well. If the lead is unlikely to have set up moves I just put it to sleep. Stun Spore over T-Wave because it hits Garchomp and Stun Spore has never missed for me. Never.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Magic Guard
Bold
252 HP/184 Def/74 Sp Def
-Thunderwave
-Softboiled
-Encore
-Seismic Toss

Screw Blissey on Weight-Loss. This thing will mess with any team and works great along with the Smeargle lead. If I don't end up Transforming, I usually switch to this.

Lucario @ Choice Scarf
Inner Focus
Modest
6 HP/ 252 Sp Att/252 Spe
-Aura Sphere
-Flash Cannon
-Shadow Ball
-HP Ice

This is the only slot that I've been continually changing. Scarf adds a nasty surprise for generally faster Pokes. Flash Cannon only because Luke's special movepool is only alright. Shadow Ball hits Psychics and Ghosts that may otherwise wall Lucario. Might be exchangeable with Dark Pulse. HP Ice hits Dragons and such.

Deoxys-E @ Expert Belt
Rash
Pressure
42 HP/180 Att/36 Spe/252 Sp Att
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Superpower

I've been experimenting for a while and this EV spread seem to do me best. It reaches 405 Speed to beat Adamant Scarfcross. I may go Life Orb over Expert Belt, but I'm enjoying not losing matched due to LO damage. Boltbeam offers great coverage obviosly, but Psychic serves as my STAB attack.

Metagross @ Choice Band
Clear Body
Adamant
252 HP/ 252 Att/6 Def
-Meteor Mash
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-Thunderpunch

Boy is this a beast! I bring this out on Gengar and Deo-E, only to OHKO them with Pursuit on the switch. T-Punch hurts Gyarados bad if they're dumb enough to stay in, so I might just go with Earthquake. Bullet Punch is handy for revenging fast threats such as weakened Azelfs/Weavile.

Dragonite @ Lum Berry
Inner Focus
Jolly
22 HP/ 252 Att/236 Spe
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch

This big guy just wants a hug. It's been left in the toybox since the arrival of Salamence and Garchomp, but now no longer. The rest of my team is geared around getting in a successful Dragon Dance sweep. This is no problem when I've got the opposing team paralyzed, sleeping, tricked, and Encored. Once that happens, there's no stopping this. If SR isn't up, I'll use this as bait to bring in Gengar, only to have them switch and have their counter gone. The way this team is built allows for constant switching and only 1 Pokemon (Deo-E) is likely to encounter Spikes/Toxic Spikes.

Tell me what you think. Like I said, Lucario has been my variable. Nothing as of yet has given this team any problems and I've risen 200 points on ladder in the two days I've used this (last team didn't fare so well).

DDmence reaches above 405 with the 140 SPE EVs so deoxys E need to be faster, scarf chomp butt****s you, its also faster than deoxys E, yache chomp kills everything with yache berry once deoxys is gone,

for DDmence after one DD its faster than everything and will OHKO with EQ/dragon claw except for clefable who may be OHKOd with draco, it ****s you

Aura Sphere is too weak to be used on Scarf Lucario, best make it a mixed sweeper, add some attack EVs, and slap Close Combat on there. Otherwise, you are walled by Blissey.

Lucario's special movepool is fantastic, so why waste your time with a redundant move(Fighting already hits rocks and ice types for SE). You have plenty of options, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Hidden Power, Focus Blast, Vaccum Wave, Aura Sphere, Dragon Pulse, Water Pulse(hehe). Even if it isn't up to your standards, it has STAB on fighting, and with just Shadow Ball you hit everything for atleast neutral. This gives you two other slots for coverage.

I don't like how weak this team is to SD Lucario and basically any fighting type, especially fighters that can use Ice Punch. Half of your team is weak to fighting, and you only have 2 resists. Deoxys-S has poor defenses overall, and many fighting types can use ghost/dark/bug moves to destroy you. Dragonite is your late game sweeper, and he can't continually be called upon to switch into CB Close Combats, especially if Stealth Rock is laid-big problem, you don't have a spinner. Beyond that, many fighting types(actually all of them) have access to a rock move or Ice Punch, so Dragonite will easily fall to one predicted attack.

I think this team really needs a rehaul. First, that Smeargle looks cool, so keep that. Dragonite is your sweeper, so keep him too. Keep Deoxys-S as it can clean up very easily after Dragonite, plus it has the speed necessary to revenge kill threats, like MixApe. The only exception is Lucario, but if you keep it Scarfed make it mixed. You need a Rapid Spinner and Forretress seems to fit pretty well, plus it has access to all three spike moves, either one will help in the aid of Dragonite's sweep. He can also counter Weavile and to an extent Mamoswine(as long as you don't switch into EQ as that 2HKOs). You might need a sleep absorber, and Milotic could work, but so could Snorlax with Thick Fat. So you would have Smeargle, Snorlax, Forretress, Deoxys-S, and Dragonite. The last pokemon could be an extra sweeper, or a MixApe counter as once Deoxys-S is gone, GG.

Rag

"aaaaaaaahhhh!"
If you were to use a Rapid Spinner, Starmie is definitely your best choice. Mixape will completely annihilate this team, as you'll have to sacrifice everything in order to revengekill it. Starmie would fit extremely well even without Rapid Spin actually.

As previously mentioned, Fighting types in general will cause a lot of trouble, but fitting in a reliable counter should do the trick.

Btw, Clefable's ability is called 'Magic Guard'.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
TCB- DDMence is quite overshadowed on Shoddy. SpecsMence seems to be the norm. Anyway, Clefable completely stops DDMence in its tracks. Since SD Chomp is so popular nowadays, ScarfChomp has quite near disappeared as well. My prediction skills are not so bad that I'd allow one to go through my team.

Blasphemy- Nearly all Special Sweepers are walled by Blissey. Would you expect me to keep Luke in against Blissey when it's obviously not going to do anything? Perhaps you don't understand how necessarry Clefable is here.

Rag- As for MixApe running through this team, Clefable survives CC and can Paralyze it. Smeargle can do whatever it wants with it. Deoxys-E OHKOs with Psychic and Yache saves Dragonite from death allowing for a Dance and Earthquake kill.

I see SD Lucario sweeping your team. Your entire team. I only see you Lucario or Dragonite able to take a hit from it, since it has scarf and Dragonite tends to be bulky, unless it has Stone Edge. Extreme Speed takes out Smeargle, CC takes out Metagross, Clefable, and Stone Edge takes out DDnite.

I agree a rapid spinner is needed. I really reccomend standard Forretress over Smeargle. It can stop Lucario, killing it Earthquake and it can weaken the enemy with toxic spikes/spikes + serves as yours spinner and physical wall in general.

Smeargle just seems unreliable.

ScarfChomp is much too weak to threaten this team, or most teams for that matter. Metagross can survive an Earthquake easily if you don't predict correctly.

DDMence is also quite weak, although it does get some free switches if it is bulky. CB Metagross deals with it handily, sending it into orbit with Meteor Mash.

Actually in DP nearly all special sweepers can deal with Blissey in some form, unless they are scarfed, which is again why I suggest either Close Combat or Choice Specs. If you are worried about Blissey walling the choice specs variant, since it only 3HKOs Calm Blissey with Aura Sphere, use Focus Blast. With a Modest nature it easily 2HKOs and with Timid it still has a great chance due to the high base power.

Calm Minders like Jirachi, Suicune, Entei, Celebi, Cresselia, and Slowbro can get passed Blissey. Alakazam can even beat her as long as he has Taunt or Encore. Nasty Plotters like Azelf, Porygon-Z, Togekiss, and even Houndoom can beat Blissey. Choice Specs users like Heatran can get passed Blissey from sheer power, or use Taunt to shut her down. Then there are Specs abusers like Lucario, who get STAB on a special fighting move, who can get passed her as well. Don't forget mixed sweepers, like Infernape and Electivire, who use their physical fighting moves to destroy her. Then you have threats that stall Blissey, like Moltres. Many special attackers have decent attack stats, and have access to Explosion. Such pokemon would include Gengar, Heatran, Magnezone, and Azelf. Finally, there are pokemon like Glaceon, Zapdos, and Magnezone who can beat Blissey one on one because of Metal Sound. Actually, nearly all special sweepers can get around Blissey, as long as they use set up moves like Calm Mind/Nasty Plot and aren't named Raikou.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Luke has now been replaced with Infernape
Life Orb
Naive
252 Att/208 Spe/50 Sp Att
-Close Combat
-Flare Bltz
-Thunderpunch/U-turn
-HP Ice

We'll see how this does. The given EVs allow it to outspeed Garchomp nad hopefully OHKO...

Rag

"aaaaaaaahhhh!"
Rag- As for MixApe running through this team, Clefable survives CC and can Paralyze it. Smeargle can do whatever it wants with it. Deoxys-E OHKOs with Psychic and Yache saves Dragonite from death allowing for a Dance and Earthquake kill.
You'll still have to let it kill something or let Clefable take a Flamethrower, which is basically my point. Oh, and there's a slim chance that a 24 Atk LO Infernape will OHKO Clefable anyway, so it would be really stupid to rely on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)