Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

I saw that. So hyped for a space update. Gonna get me an astronaut helmet
Its not for a space update. Most likely its for the Junkyard Justice pack for the Soldier which was included in a huge leak of translation strings from the translation servers on steam which also included all the Uber Update stuff and some other things which need to be released soon.

So after playing some more, I noticed that practically every game is Engineer Sentry Gun camping and Heavy Weapons Guy spawn camping so it's losing its appeal really quickly

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's the Soldier's Junkyard Justice pack
No no no no no no nega, not possible, na na na na.

How many packs does the Soldier really need? He just keeps getting new items. Do you have a link to that pack Woodsy, I've tried looking myself with no luck.

At least Engy will get some nice new toys, not that he always needs them.

Zaach you should try Dead Ringer Spy for spawn campers, unless it's Pyro in which you Heavy him to death.

Crafted the Cow Mangler, it's pretty decent but I haven't tried it out fully yet... The alt+fire seems pretty useless and too situational, but the extra shot before a reload is definitely useful.

Gonna try craft the pistol later, need to get a Battalion's Backup cheap haha

I'm on the brink of uninstalling TF2.
-Ridiculously overpowered weapons.
-Absolutely no optimization (Did you know shooting a projectile from that cow shit is the equivalent of shooting a pyro in terms of load on your graphics card?)
-About 9000 soldier weapons, 9000 demo melee weapons, and nothing else.

Seriously Valve?

I'm on the brink of uninstalling TF2.
-Ridiculously overpowered weapons.
-Absolutely no optimization (Did you know shooting a projectile from that cow shit is the equivalent of shooting a pyro in terms of load on your graphics card?)
-About 9000 soldier weapons, 9000 demo melee weapons, and nothing else.

Seriously Valve?
lol the new soldier weps are far from OP, all the classes have a good number of weapons for themselves, and there is such a thing as low settings. If you really want to hate on Valve, don't say they're not good at releasing new weapons, cause that's just wrong, even if they might be favoring a certain slot in the demoman's loadout

Do you main soldier or do you simply refuse to look at reality?
Do you not understand that low settings does not change the fact that the Valve is completely ignoring optimization?

Do you main soldier or do you simply refuse to look at reality?
Do you not understand that low settings does not change the fact that the Valve is completely ignoring optimization?
I get it. The particle effects are crazy. But that's hardly a reason to quit the game entirely. Seeing as how so many people are pissed that these weps are lagging the game, I doubt that valve will just stand there and do nothing. Also, the Cow mangler is definitely going to get patched, if you think of how quickly they patched the Tomislav and Natascha, for example.

Also, the Cow mangler is definitely going to get patched, if you think of how quickly they patched the Tomislav and Natascha, for example.
Not quite sure what you mean.

August 19, 2008 Patch (Heavy Update)

• Natascha was added to the game.
January 28, 2009 Patch

• Fixed Natascha not getting the proper 75% of damage and slightly increased the strength of Natascha's slowdown.
That was just to get Natascha to stop being absolutely awful. The real problems started on the 119th update.

I just got back from playing a bit. I got the chance to use the new Rocket Launcher. I found myself playing with the charge shot far too often and rarely effective, but it helped hammer in that it requires the right situation. It's doubtlessly going to be potent in 32 man payload maps where everyone is hugging the cart, but the splash is deceptive in size (smaller than you'd think). The flames are a nice touch.

I couldn't manage to disable a sentry, as engies were really scarce. I manage one time to peg one, but I didn't notice it stop. Maybe it only works on charge shots or perhaps I was mistaken.

My preliminary verdict is that it doesn't appear OP (at least, no more than Soldier is in general). Shotgun replacement's verdict is pending.

I'm still really pissed that Soldier got more shit, though. I think these items would have been better as Engineer items (with some tweaking). Hopefully we get some more updates in the next few days, giving Pyro + Engie some new swag!

How can you not think it is OP.
It is literally a direct upgrade from the vanilla launcher, which was already an extremely good weapon.

While nearly a strict upgrade, it didn't appear in my playing of the game that it really changed Soldier's matchups in such a way that he was over powering. Perhaps I worded it wrong. I don't think it's BROKEN. I do think it's too strong compared to his other options (and he has a lot of options). A nerf would be nice, all things considered, but it's not as gamebreaking as everyone is making it out to be (not so much here).

Also, firing the laser pistol into a teleporter supposedly crashes the server.

How can you not think it is OP.
It is literally a direct upgrade from the vanilla launcher, which was already an extremely good weapon.
Yeah...not denying it's op. It's gonna get patched, give valve a day to adjust their weapons. Still though, why the hell did Valve not beta-test this? Is this specific timing for some promo, because I can't see any reason they wouldn't release them first in beta

since when has class balance ever been important

vanilla demoman and vanilla medic are both more overpowered than any soldier unlock will ever be

Still though, why the hell did Valve not beta-test this? Is this specific timing for some promo, because I can't see any reason they wouldn't release them first in beta
a) 'cause they cbf or
b) 'cause they wanted to hype it to get people to buy the stuff, so grockets

idk, I'm as puzzled as you are. The basic performance issues could've been spotted and fixed before public release. I am fairly sure laser spam, while fun, is the reason for today's four crashes of one of my usual servers.

MrEsc said:
I found myself playing with the charge shot far too often and rarely effective
lol I can't play seriously with the Cow Mangler, it's so... stupid. Just look at it, lasers everywhere, hell, it's called a fucking Cow Mangler 5000. I can't help it, I just have to run around charge shotting everything in sight. I HAVE NO SELF-CONTROL.

Also, with the laser spam everywhere, my usually good FPS is taking a noticeable hit (I put showfps on to see), so yea...

PS: Reminder for those of you who haven't swung by yet, #tf2 on SynIRC (i.e. server where every other Smogon channel is). Join us. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)