Team of the week, week 8

Team of the week

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neliel

Sacred Sword
Team of the Week

Ever wanted your team rated by a lot of people? Do you want all the efforts you put into testing your team, formatting it and finalizing it to count? This is why we have the Team of the Week! This concept aims at letting people who put effort into making quality RMTs get the attention they deserve, as their team will be put on the spotlight for the week. There are a lot of teams that aren't exactly Archive worthy teams that are extremely well built and presented, and these are often left in the dark. Not anymore!

The concept is fairly simple.
stuff said:
~Every week, the Rate my Team badged users (official Team Raters and RMT Pre-contributor) select a few teams that are nominated as candidates for the Team of the Week.

~These teams are put in a poll. Everyone can vote for the team they think is most deserving for the Team of the Week.

~For the rest of the week, the team with most votes gets a mention here and in #ratemyteam 's topic. People are encouraged to rate it.
Now you're probably saying: "Jirachi, you're optimistic. Why would people rate this team more than another? After all, it's no different from any other team." Yeah, maybe. But by rating the Team of the Week, you can get rewarded. Obviously, the rewards are going to be related to Rate my Team.
~For the people who have rated a couple of teams, #ratemyteam VOps.
~For the people who have shown a bit more dedication, #ratemyteam HOps.
~People with #ratemyteam VOps or better also get the same privileges as RMT badged users when it comes to nominating teams for the Team of the Week.

Attention aspiring raters!
I hope you realise that this is the perfect opportunity for all of you unbadged users to draw attention on you from the RMT staff. If you produce good rates on a the Team of the Week, something that most of the Staff is going to look at, you increase your chances of getting badged (and faster.)

What kind of teams are going to be selected for the Team of the Week?
If you are interested in getting your team selected for the team of the week, here are some things that you should do to increase your chances of getting nominated. Here are some of them:
stuff said:
~Make sure your team is viable and effective.
This one is fairly simple. If your team doesn't fit BW2, or it doesn't have any kind of success, it won't be selected for the Team of the Week. Like I said, it doesn't have to be archive worthy, it doesn't have to have peaked #1. Just a moderately successful team can make it, but it has to work.
~Your team has to be well presented.
Don't you hate to post in a thread that doesn't look good? Yeah I hate it too. If you put a lot of effort into presenting your team well, it'll show and people will be happy to rate it. We appreciate when people take time to improve the quality of the thread they post in Rate my Team, as it improves the quality of the forum. This should be rewarded.
~Talk about it in #ratemyteam!
Having a high level of activity in #ratemyteam will surely help your team get nominated. Help other users with their own teams, talk about your own, etc.. We take that in account to when it comes to nominating.
~Don't be a dick.
No one likes to rate a close minded moron's team. Be nice!
Interested in RMT of the Week? Stay tuned for the first one that should be coming soon. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or post here. Have a good day.

*NEW RULE* Since there was a tie this week I suppose I'll have to add a new rule regarding this. In case of a tie, the team with the fewest rates gets to be the RMT of the Week, since we want to let more people rate it after it was selected. Sorry to the other nominated team.

Neliel

Sacred Sword
backpackers by ThunderBlunder -

This hyper offensive team uses a strong offensive core composed by Specs Keldeo, which can come in handy to deal with phisical walls and rain teams, Sub kyurem to give sun and rain teams troubles, and Salac terrakion in order to sweep in the lategame. Mamoswine is used as a lead and to beat annoying Dragons and Landorus, and its also his stealth rocker. Scarfed garchomp and choice band Scizor complete this team giving it chance to both revenge kill and severely damage the opponent.

Set the World on Fire [Peaked 2nd] - An OU Sun team By Oh Captain -

This sun offense team is very different from the Xatu-Dug team we are used to; Ninetales here is used to give support to the always good Growth venusaur, which in combination with Hp ground Volcarona became a pain to face for every type of team. Donphan here is used at his full strength, providing stealth rock and rapid spin support, as well as the always usefull ice shard to revenge kill dangerous threaths. Sword dance scizor and Choice bandd dragonite provide an effective way to revenge kill stuff and at the same time give a lot of pressure to the opponent.

Empire by Halcyon of Light -

This weatherless team uses Fight gem Focus punch breloom in order to weaken phisical walls, so that Sword dance Lucario has an easier time in the lategame and win the game. Being a weatherless team, it also has Specially defensive team, which comes in handy to stop most rain teams, as well as Landorus and Breloom. Then offensive Heatran takes care of most sun teams, thanks to shed shell, and scarf Keldeo revenge kill all the fast stuff that infest this metagame and gives trouble to rain offense teams. Landorus-t gives the team stealth rock support and a nice answer to a lot of phisical stuff.

Crashing High - Peaked #3 by Mosquiton -

This team shows the power of Sharpedo. Sharpedo with the right support can be devastating, thanks to speed boost and his powered up stab by rain. Politoed here support the team giving more power to sharpedo and at the same time makes Tornadus much more threatening; with sharp break it can also do some bluff to ko Tyranitar and Heatran which thinks they are safe to switch in, and his tailwind support is appreciated to revenge kill stuff in a pinch. Gothitelle here traps all the things that gives problem to sharpedo, such as phisical walls, and other weather summoner and in combination with volt switch Cobalion gothitelle can do its job easier. Ferrothorn here provides a nice resistances such as eletric and dragon, and support the team with stealth rock and leech seed.

You have two days to vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)