Team Sucky Tier Stall (Final Gen 4 Team) (Peaked at #1 on UU ladder)

Most of you know how i despise what UU has become. Im not really gonna go into specific detail but gimmicks, bandwagoning + horrific illogical reasoning in mega threads (only by a select few people) and pokes who are broken not getting enough support for being tested all mixed with a crapstorm of overated combos and a dash of Milotic and Venusaur. Im sorry but this is just how i feel. x[

Anyway, because Heracross is now uu it renders this team pretty useless so i figure i might aswell post it. I don't really care that said Hera is annoying for the team because i really could just make slight tweaks to cover Hera decently, but honestly i couldn't care less about it now because of "lol 5th gen" which i am currently in the process of trying to learn, but thats another story.

The team itself is based around crippling the opponent with status moves, shuffling entry hazards and revenge killing stuff if it does break through. Its complete with the infamous dual ghost combo to stop "sure-fire spinners" such as Hitmontop and Blastoise which teams that use Moltres, Swellow, Scyther etc all on the same team (which fails for a start but w/e) so much rely on and i love seeing my opponents face when this happens;

Sucky Tier switched in Rotom
Hitmontop used Foresight
Sucky Tier switched in Spiritomb
Hitmontop used Rapid Spin
It doesn't effect Spiritomb...

Which often results in a rage quit lol.

Dual ghost stall in my opinion is the only viable way to stall in UU (or was before Hera), if you say any different you are kidding yourself. That "have something to pressure spinners i.e something with super effective attacks" is also horrid. If they make ONE good prediction you lose your hazards often resulting in a loss. Good stall removes game breaking predictions from the game, im not taking a stab in the dark to keep my hazards, seriously that is dumb as heck. Tl;dr mono ghost stall in UU = "So if they use Foresight Top/Toise do you just leave the room or what?"

This particular team peaked me at #1 last metagame (pre Hera), though it really wasnt there long at all due to ridiculous retarded hax lol. It also took along time to fine a good synergy as i had a few previous members who weren't working well. This team also took pleasure is dismembering all stupid Blizzard spam teams which are so bad i cant even describe. ~_~ It was usually around hovering ~2 anyway with my alt "Sucky Tier" which is rather fitting wouldn't you say ? =P

No more rambling now, i present to you;

Team "Sucky Tier" Stall; The Team Building Process.

Firstly i decided what do i want on my stall team and how can it function well synergistic wise and keep to roles ? This is particularly hard in UU due to there being so much to cover. In the end i just decided to use what i always used, my own trusty stall check list.

Have SR + Spikes (100% needed) / T-Spikes (optional)?
Have a Rapid Spin blocker?
Have a Rapid Spinner?
Have a (P)Hazer?
Have a status absorber or some way to deal with status?
Have something to stop last Pokémon sweeps (e.g. Encore / Taunt + Toxic / Perish Song / Trick / Curse)?
Have Wish support? (optional)
Have something to absorb T-Spikes? (optional)
Have something to change the weather? (optional)
The bolded were the main ones i wanted and anything else would be a bonus.

Firstly i decided i wanted Spikes. After a long hard (thats what she said ;D) think i decided to go with Cloyster as its a very good lead no matter what set its running. It also gets Spikes and can Spin which saves me slots to put more cool stuff in and thus cover more threats with my remaining slots.
? ? ? ? ?

Next i wanted something to take special hits, the obligatory special wall of stall teams. I has a few candidates in mind, Lickilicky because it actually owns Mismagius and gets Wish and Chansey because it gets Stealth Rock and can Wish too. I would have to come back to this, i love using both so the decision was very hard.

/
? ? ? ?

For the next step i wanted a Rapid Spin blocker. I didnt want Mismag or anything totally negated by Houndoom and its Pursuit because that would open my team up alot which is bad. So i chose Spiritomb because it A. Has no weakness, has Curse to stop last poke Stat up + Resters see : Cradily and is just really good at its job.

/
? ? ?

The last few slots were mainly to be utility counters and PHazers. The first weakness i spotted was Aggron, i wanted to make this a priority to cover because its destroyed "Team Double Trouble", i was also Blaziken and sort of MixDoom weak. I thought and though "what beats both?" i was about to give up at this point because i was thinking "nothing can, ugh back to the drawing board" Then it suddenly came to me in a eureka moment; HARIYAMA, THICK FAT BEATS BOTH with its amazing bulk AND can Phaze. After this there was no going back he was ensured a slot.

/
? ?

I was happy at how the team was looking so far, however my well known hatred of physical grass types was coming back to haunt me lol. :[ I was weak to them. What can i use to beat them ? Hmmm, Weezing with HP Grass, Sludge Bomb, Pain Split, W-O-W maybe? He kinda checks Rhyperior if i give him 92 Speed evs. I went with Weezing in the end much to my dismay because he doesnt really do much on stall, he is better suited to balance imo.

/
?

The last issue i was noticing was that Foresight Rapid Spinners are complete annoyances for Spikes stacking teams. I needed another ghost. I was also weak to last Pokemon sweeps and fast powerful stuff if it got through my counters aka the overwhelm strategy. A scarfed ghost would help with this. Rotom was to fit in that last slot to remedy alot of my issues.

/

I looked at my final line up and looked for holes, Moltres has a good chance to break through and i had no Stealth Rock yet. Chansey was used over Lickilicky for those reasons. Although Lickilicky does beat Mismag i wasnt weak to that anyway as Sucker Punch Tomb + Scarf Rotom are more than enough to deter it.

This was my final line up. I did notice how underwhelming Weezing really was and couldnt even break top 10 with this team. I was getting frustrated. Everything was here and it just wasnt working...i decided i needed something more useful and brought more utility options to the table and had reliable healing. Now ive always wanted to use defensive Leafeon, it destroys other physical grass types and gets Roar, Wish, Synthesis and Heal Bell. Thats alot of support options. I decided to use it over Weezing.

This was my final FINAL line up and everything just fit into place and i shot up to #1.

In Depth.

Cloyster (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 248 HP/8 Def/252 SDef
Careful nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Payback
- Ice Shard

Ah Cloyster you're such a good lead so you make a return as my utility Pokemon from team "double trouble". Not only do you stop Qwilfish setting up (keep Spinning every turn until it dies lol!), but you are really very underrated as heck. Cloyster has Spikes and Rapid Spin making it again a staple here. Cloyster is great to switch into things that cant really do much to it at all, walls and usual physical things like Milotic, Altaria etc are things i love to send him after and also after general garbage sets like Trick Scarf Uxie all pose awesome set up opportunities. I chose Payback and Ice Shard as the attacking combination for a number of reasons, allow me to explain. A combination of Payback + Ice Shard ko's ALOT of things, offensive Rotom and Mismagius both fall fall victim to this combination of moves which is especially nice should it try and switch in to block spin then stay in the proceeding turn expecting to outspeed and ko. Ice Shard is also chosen because Venusaur is a moron basically, this also beats Altaria. 248 hp to round down SR damage.

Changes im considering ? Using a special attack somewhere like Ice Beam or Surf. Ice Beam most likely, but i love Payback + Ice Shard combo to beat spin blockers.
---

Chansey (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def/6 Spd/252 SDef
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rocks
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Thunder Wave

Chansey is a very awesome Pokemon. Aside from the fact that it is able to shrug off special hits like nothing it also sets up Stealth Rock which is my last layer of residual damage. I found Thunderwave more useful than Toxic on this particular team since for some reason Toxic just was not cutting it and people started switching in junk which is immune to poison so it was bugging me greatly. T-Wave hax has also won me many games and lets me check Mix Venusaur quite well actually and i dont care if Toxic helps with Duggy because i 2hko with S-Toss anyway rofl. Softboiled and S-Toss are a standard fare. Softboiled is chosen over Wish; A. Because i dont need it and B. I want to squeeze SR + Status move in here and i wouldn't have room with Wish. The only things which dont have recovery are Rotom and Cloyster who don't really need it that much anyway. If Cloyster sets up one layer of Spikes with Chanseys SR i usually win.

Changes im considering ? Nothing really on Chansey. Using Toxic over T-Wave again to beat slow stat uppers, but then i lose the ability to check MixSaur which sucks.
---

Spiritomb (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/6 Def/252 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Rest
- Shadow Ball
- Sucker Punch
- Will-o-wisp

Spiritomb is amazing. Especially with this set. I wanted Will-o-Wisp and Shadow Ball to beat all Toxicroak versions which were total asses to me before. Sucker Punch was thrown in here for insurance against fast powerful sweepers incase they break through and is phenomenal against low health rain dancers and to throw people off guard who think im fully special so attack me if im at low health with things like NP Mismag after seeing Shadow Ball, only to get a swift Sucker Punch to the face. Speaking of 'stall breaker' Mismag, it cant get past this either. Spiritomb is instrumental in dealing with things like Alakazam in addition. Spiritomb is also my primary spinblocker and is a total stop vs things like Blastoise and the like. Rest is here as Pain Split is meh and Rest helps pp stall more against Moltres, Walrein and Articuno and also heals status. This is really the only reason id like to squeeze Heal Bell on my team, but really i haven't needed it yet and i can usually not want it if i play smart. 248 hp to round down SR damage, kinda like Scizor.

Changes im considering ? Nothing on Tomb, i really like this set.
---

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Will-o-wisp

Rotom is my fail safe of the team and secondary anti-spin. It acts as insurance incase Spiritomb goes down or <insert sweeper> actually breaks through my defenses or a piece of my puzzle is missing. Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball are here for that fantastic dual stab combo that hits so much for neutral and hard too. Will-o-Wisp is here as a filler and to give Pursuiters not named Houndoom a little something something and makes Sp.Def Donphan think twice about staying in. Trick is here to cripple last Poke stat uppers with Rest which i cannot phaze. I sometimes Trick it earlier after scouting as Rotom sometimes sweeps with hazards up and to cripple random threats. Rotom is pretty vital even though he is imo the weakest member of the team, he casts a safety net over my entire team and just gives it that little extra insurance against some very strong threats and gives my team a little more "ooomph" i you will.

Changes im considering ? More bulk perhaps ? I doubt ill use that though. Less power for a revenge killer is meh.
---

Hariyama (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP/252 Def/114 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Whirlwind
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Low Kick / Revenge

Hariyama (along with Leafeon) are definitely this teams mvp's and are rather unexpected on stall. This thing literally just doesn't die and is a fantastic Pokemon this metagame with its ability to check several ridiculous threats, namely Aggron (who still causes some issues, god this needs to die in a fire, screw Head Smash i swear), Blaziken, Arcanine and Houndoom. Hariyama is overlooked in the status absorbing department and it does a fine job due to its immense bulk, Thick Fat, lack of weaknesses, good attack stat and most importantly its built in PHazing ability. It also takes a nice juicy dump all over Clefable, Chansey, Walrein and Sub Roost Moltres/Articuno. :] I honestly haven't used a more solid or reliable Pokemon than this guy in uu, he seriously great. I decided Rest Talk Hariyama really doesnt need attack evs so spread them between defenses and HP and haven't looked back. Besides they help more anyway honestly.

Changes im considering ? Absolutely nothing.
---

Leafeon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Leaf Guard
EVs: 252 HP/196 Def/62 SDef
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- X-Scissor
- Roar
- Synthesis
- Leaf Blade

My own Leafeon oddball set who definitely hasn't disappointed, infact its done the opposite being vital to this team by destroying annoying overpowerful physical grass types and things like Azumarril and Feraligatr. When i created this set i wanted Leaf Blade for STAB and to accompany it for coverage is X-Scissor which hits grass types like Sceptile, other Leafeon and various other Pokemon. Leafeon is also my secondary phazer which helps rack up yet more entry hazard damge and helps with physical rain threats. Synthesis is here because again i cant have Wish as im packed with vital support and coverage moves basically. Leafeon takes physical hits phenomenally well. I really wish (pun!) i had 5 slots though so i could squeeze in Wish and retain what i already have. Hariyama and Leafeon have awesome synergy Phazing wise as Hari covers Leafeons main weaknesses well (Fire and Ice) so they can usually PHaze what the other cant.

Changes im considering ? Squeezing in Wish or something, doubt i can though.
---

Issues

Well nothing much really. SubPerior..infact all non RP Perior are an issue but nothing thats too hard to handle.Id love it though if that could be handled a lil more easier though. :]

Thanks for reading and please rate away. ^^

Thanks also to Pokemon Amethyst sprite resource for the amazing sprites.

Threat List

Key:

Black : "lol this is a threat?"
Green: Yeah its a pain., but i can beat it near all of the time. Just more caution is needed.
Red: Wow i cant handle this and it 6-0's me when played well.

UU Threats

Absol
- Hariyama is the best possible counter to it; a +1 SuperPower fails to OHKO, and Hari KOes with LK/Revenge.
Tomb walls all Psycho Cut versions full stop.

Arcanine
- Hariyama and Rotom also revenge kills.

Aggron
- Hariyama can take a Head Smash and OHKO with LK/Revenge.

Alakazam
- Destroyed by Spiritomb. Chansey too and Rotom.

Altaria
- Dragon Dancers are mauled down by Cloyster, and Rotom can Trick it if it somehoe breaks through. Leafeon can Roar to rack up Hazards.

Azumarill
- Leafeon is an amazing counter to most of them. Rotom revenge kills. Cloyster sets up Spikes on it.

Blaziken
- Hariyama handles all variants except Swords Dance. Rotom revenge kills.

Chansey
- Hariyama handles it, and Cloyster can set up on it.

Claydol
- Spiritomb/Rotom blocks its spin and status it and kill it with S-Ball.

Clefable
- Hariyama beats all variants. Rotom can Trick.

Cloyster
- Cloyster spins his stuff away. Rotom/Spiritomb blocks spin
and hit it with special moves.

Donphan
- My ghosts once again. Leafeon also hits hit hard.

Drapion
- Hariyama counters it via resistance to Crunch. Rotom can T-Bolt, Tomb can burn it, and Leafeon can PHaze.

Dugtrio
- Does practically nothing to my team.

Feraligatr
- Leafeon destroys it. Rotom revenge kills it. Also doesn't do much to Cloyster whom can Payback.

Hariyama
- Spiritomb can switch in on Close Combat and force it out; so can Rotom. Leafeon in a pinch.

Hitmonlee
- Spiritomb, Leafeon and Rotom wall it.

Hitmontop
- "Oh this guy is using dual ghosts, wow im useless"

Houndoom
- Hariyama counters it, and so does Chansey and Rotom can revenge kill it depending on if it has Sucker Punch.

Kabutops
- Leafeon walls this extremely well. Sucker Punch hits it at low health from Spiritomb too.

Lanturn
- Sub Charge is an ass lol. Hariama and Leafeon can both take a hit though and Rotom can Trick if i break its sub.

Leafeon
- My own Leafeon has X-Scissor and Roar to PHaze passers. Rotom can also hit its lower Sp.Def.

Ludicolo
-
Leafeon and Chansey depending on the set.

Mesprit
- Spiritomb dismantles it.
Chansey also owns it.

Milotic
- Rotom, Leafeon and Cloyster can set up on it. Chansey too.

Miltank
- Cursers are Phazer weak. Trick stops it as last poke.
Cloyster sets up on wall sets.

Mismagius
- Spiritomb handles any Mismagius.
Rotom revenges.

Moltres
- Chansey walls it handily, Sub Roost is pressure stalled by Tomb and PHazed by Hariyama thanks to Thick Fat. Rotom revenges if does break through.

Nidoking
- Depends on the set. Leafeon is a full stop to Physical. Special is
lured into using Superpower and pivots. Rotom revenge kills.

Omastar
- Cloyster (Spin), Rotom and Leafeon. Sweeper is stopped by Chansey.

Poliwrath
- Leafeon. Rotom revenge kills.

Regirock
- Hariyama mauls it. Leafeon too.

Registeel
- Cloyster sets up on it, Hariyama/Leafeon PHazes away Curses.
Trick also from Rotom.

Rhyperior
- Leafeon can switch in on it, but Megahorn hurts like hell. Hariyama sort of checks it and Rotom can hit its lol sp.def. I can handle it but it just hurts in doing so.

Rotom
- Spiritomb and Chansey handle most variants.
My own Rotom can revenge.

Sceptile
- Leafeon/Hariyama walls all its sets. Rotom can revenge.

Scyther
- Cloyster, Hariyama and Rotom.

Slowbro
- Cloyster sets up on non CM. Spititomb too. Leafeon can PHaze it. Rotom can Trick. Chansey can sort of deal with it. This is probably the only time i miss Toxic on Chansey.

Slowking
- Chansey and Rotom do rather well. Spiritomb too.
"This is probably the only time i miss Toxic on Chansey."

Spiritomb
- CroTomb is laughed at by Hariyama. All other variants are set up fodder lol.

Steelix
- Cloyster spins away Stealth Rock and sets up on it. Tomb can burn and so can Rotom. Hariyama also mauls it with Low Kick or Revenge.

Swellow
- Walled by Cloyster and Rotom.

Tangrowth
- Leafeon walls it.
Chansey does special versions.

Torterra
- Leafeon walls it.
Rotom can burn. Cloyster can Shard.

Toxicroak
- Spiritomb walls most variants and KOes with Shadow Ball.
Rotom can beat it too. Trick can stop Sucker Punch and lock it in too.

Uxie
- Cloyster and Chansey set up on it. Tomb beats it.

Venusaur
- Haiyama is my initial switch-in for taking the sleep. Then Chansey. If it SD's i go to Leafeon and know its walled for the rest of the game. Special and Mix are checked by Chansey. Cloyster can revenge at below half and so can Rotom.

Weezing
- Rotom beats it. Hariyama can PHaze it. Chansey beats it with Parahax.

NU Threats

Articuno
- Hariyama bait. Tomb outstalls it too.

Cradily
- Hariyama. Rotom can also Trick.

Exeggutor
- Hariyama takes Sleep and then Chansey is fine. Tomb can check.

Jynx
- Hariyama. Chansey. Cloyster. Tomb. Rotom revenges.

Kangaskhan
-
Leafeon can switch in on it. Cloyster too. Hariyama sort of checks it and Rotom can revenge. Hurts a little though dont get me wrong.

Lapras
- Hariyama. Rotom revenge kills. Chansey poops on Special variants.

Manectric
- Chansey. Hariyama and Tomb can both take a hit too. Rotom revenges.

Magmortar
- Hariyama. Rotom revenges. Chansey checks.

Ninetales
- Hariyama and Chansey.

Pinsir
- Hariyama walls it rather well Rotom can revenge.

Qwilfish
- Cloyster beats it as a lead, Payback on the Taunt then keep repeatedly Spinning so it gets 0 Spikes up.
Tomb can Sucker Punch.

Ursaring
- Tomb i guess? Leafeon can check it and Rotom can revenge.

Danmire

its okay.
is an Artist Alumnus
You really did your research!
It looks like a pretty solid team.

Kangaskhan may be a problem. Revenge is the better choice over Low Kick, as it does an in-sane amount of damage. Return from Banded Kangaskhan only does 44.1% - 52.1%.
You can heal it off later with Rest.

Anyway, that's my rate and advice, hope it benefits you!

....i don't see the purpose of a RMT if there's nothing to rate.
Seriously though, it's a solid team, only a half-threat (rhyperior).

nice team, you did well :D !

I think yours is an excellent team, congrats on #1 :) I was quite surprised to see no Water type, but the Thick Fat Hariyama is a nice solution to that.

The biggest weakness I can see is Toxic Spikes. It's uncommon, but if it shows up it's also deadly. I think you might want to try a Venusaur. Physically defensive Venusaur can keep Roar and Synthesis with Sludge Bomb replacing X-Scissor and Grass Knot / Energy Ball replacing Leaf Blade. It also helps against Rhyperior while still being effective on Regirock. Azumarill and Feraligatr can be problematic, but Venusaur still survives a boosted hit (+1 LO Adamant Feraligatr Ice Punch vs. 252/252+ Venusaur: 67% - 79.1%) and can hit back. If no Venusaur I can see cleric support being very useful because of the two Pokemon with Rest, but I can't see who to put it on (if Leafeon could learn 6 moves, I guess you could give it Wish AND Heal Bell!).

Another problem I can see is Charizard, who unlike Moltres can be physical, but nobody uses that so who cares.

Congratulations on #1 again.

Jeez i thought this was dead given how no one replied after so long. XDD

Thanks for the feedback guys.

@ Danmire; Ill try Revenge, Low Kick was letting me down on some situations so i think Revenge will definitely help power wise.

@ Banedon; Ive never really had trouble with Toxic Spikes tbh. Tomb and Hari has Rest, Rotom has levitate and Chansey has Natural Cure and Cloyster really does well vs ghosts. I'll definitely try Venu though, but its lack of ability to check Rhyperior is kinda off putting (mainly not being able to come in on SE + EQ safely) and also its inferior Def.

Also i faced a physical Zard, it couldn't touch Hariyama and i Whirlwinded it to rack up SR damage lol. :x Cloyster can also take a hit from it and i have Rotom who outruns Adamant DD ones but yeah no one uses it lol.

Thanks so much for the feedback though. Appreciate it lots. ^^

WhiteQueen

the queen bee
is a Tiering Contributorwon the 11th Official Smogon Tournamentis a Past SPL Champion
I like this team--pretty unique for a stall team. I recommend Force Palm on Hariyama instead of the other two moves. The 30% chance of paralysis is quite handy and benefits a team such as this. Plus Hariyama isn't meant to be an attacking force anyway, right?

Impo: When was RMT ever meant to get your team rated? LOL...

is the very rare swords dance rhyperior a thorn in your side? jw cuz u pointed it out yourself non polishperior are annoying i imagine SD being the worst to stall

is the very rare swords dance rhyperior a thorn in your side? jw cuz u pointed it out yourself non polishperior are annoying i imagine SD being the worst to stall
It shouldn't be, because either ghost could switch in on the SD and will-o-wisp before it can attack. This is a solid team, and I give you huge props for using mostly underrated pokes, although cloyster and chansey got huge boosts this gen (shell break and evo stone) so they won't be underrated for long.

Wow, this is a GREAT team. Definitely not Pokes someone would expect to see in a #1 UU Team...

But just wondering, how would you have dealt with the addition of Heracross?

It shouldn't be, because either ghost could switch in on the SD and will-o-wisp before it can attack. This is a solid team, and I give you huge props for using mostly underrated pokes, although cloyster and chansey got huge boosts this gen (shell break and evo stone) so they won't be underrated for long.
Haha thanks. ^^

Not really, Leafeon outspeeds and does a crap load with Leaf Blade. If its still alive Rotom can nail it with Shadow Ball.

Wow, this is a GREAT team. Definitely not Pokes someone would expect to see in a #1 UU Team...

But just wondering, how would you have dealt with the addition of Heracross?
I had a way but ive forgot, i think it was something involving Fire Punch Dusclops lol. :x

Either way i doubt Hera would of been voted UU anyway.

@ Whitequeen/Poppycock: Ok ill try Force Palm, but i have a feeling ill be missing the power lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)