Team Summer Holidays (An OU Sun Team)

Summer Holdays

Introduction

Welcome to my first RMT on this brilliant site. I thank you for spending your time to read about my team. And as you know by looking at the team name and the Ninetales, this is a Sun Team.

Summer Holidays is a team that is set to revolve around my Pokemon making sure everything that could possibly hinder them is removed so they can have a chance of sweeping. And that isn't so hard, is it? Well, if you've got the right stuff, the task can be a Piece of Poffin (Don't Worry, this will be the last pun you'll be seeing in this post).

The team has 2 Sun Abusers, 1 Sun Summoner, 1 Wall, 1 Spinner and The Glue.

And your job is to sit back, grab a drink and take a look at the six Pokemon that make up the Summer Holiday Team.

In Depth

Mozilla @ Leftovers
Ability: Drought
EVs: 144 HP / 252 SpA / 112 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Sunny Day
- Fire Blast
- Solarbeam
- Will-O-Wisp​

This set has actually changed the metagame in it's own way. For those who don't know, Politoed and Tyranitar will always get the right of way when it comes to weather because they're slower than Mozilla and therefore it will give the Drought message first and the Drizzle/Sand Stream message last. Meaning their weather is the one in effect. But Mozilla won't have this crap, He (Yes he's a Boy) will set Sunny Day and leaving them near useless.​

Fire Blast and Solarbeam are the offensive moves of choice as they can both work brilliantly with Sun. Leaving Will-O-Wisp as a move included to tick the opponent off when they find out that their Super-Strong Physical attacker isn't going well as expected.​

Sunburn @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Solar Power
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power Ice​

The Mascot of Pokemon Red is back from his NU Prison in Gen 4 and he is ready to kick some butt once again. Fire Blast + Solar Power = Some very fatal deaths to the opponent, if you can start this guy up properly, stopping it can be near impossible if the opponent isn't careful. Air Slash is the second STAB and is used to give Chandelure his just desserts. Focus Blast is to teach Tyranitar and Heatran a lesson. While Hidden Power Ice is for those annoying dragons who think Charizard is just a poorman's Moltres.​

Chlorosaurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Growth
- Seed Bomb
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Fire

According to IGN, this guy is open to a lot of types and he isn't as good as Charizard and Blastoise (Yeah, even Blastoise) because he has a flower. In reality, Venusaur is terrifying with Growth and Chlorophyll in the sun. As Chlorophyll makes his speed on-par with Ninjask and Growth is both Swords Dance and Nasty Plot in Sun which I can use to my advanatage. Seed Bomb is a STAB that can help me on Blissey, Tyranitar and Politoed better than Energy Ball can. Earthquake is for Heatran and Chandelure who he can't counter otherwise. Leaving Hidden Power is a Psudeo-STAB move that can give him a mixed movepool and take down Skarmory and other Physically Weak Pokemon easier.

Seriously, What's to be said about Venusaur which hasn't been said earlier?

Ariel @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Wish
- Protect
- Scald
- Heal Bell

This babe is amazing. She can annoy Politoed, Restore her teammate's health with Wish and Cleric at the same time using Heal Bell. The other 2 moves have their purposes as well; Protect is for letting her heal without losing health after using Wish. And Scald is for holding her own in rain and for burning my opponents.

Alice @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

This guy is a Spinner with an attitude. He can Rapid Spin without worrying about water attacks due to Sunlight. He can set up Stealth Rock to help me win the battle by dealing damage to suckers who dare come onto the battlefield. What are you expecting from the move that changed the metagame? This leaves Earthquake and Ice Shard as filler moves to take down threats that lose to Donphan easily.

Red Streak @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician (OF COURSE!)
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SpA)
- U-Turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Pursuit

The guy is the glue. Most competitive battlers known what I mean by Glue. He can cover up all my loose ends easily. U-Turn and Pursuit are for the Latis and Superpower is for the Pink B*tches. Whilst Bullet Punch is a STAB move included to show off his trait and to Revenge Kill. Pretty cool stuff huh?

In Conclusion

This team has done wonders for me. All 6 monsters have proven their worth many times. And they rarely dissapoint. They can dispose of Rain and Sand quickly and they can take care of other threats that attempt to stop these beasts.

Also, making this team was pretty fun. Getting the Pokemon, finding their movesets and teamates and at least, unleashing their full potential in serious battle.

I hope you've enjoyed reading about my potential Sun Team and learning about what they can do.​

Thank you for Reading. And remember to check the MysteriousBattler Youtube Account.​

Your team is really weak to rain teams, so I want to suggest a starmie over forretress:

Starmie
@Leftovers
Natural Cure
Timid
Moveset
~ Psychic
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Rapid Spin
Evs 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

Lord Wallace

Hentai Connoiseur
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Make Venusaur mixed to bypass the "pink blobs" and use Focus Blast on Charizard so Tran doesnt wall you. Also,try using a more defensive spread on Donphan with Ice Shard or Protect over Head Smash. you have enough offense on this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)