Project Teambuilding Workshop v2 (Closed) [READ OP and Post #553]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this topic, I would like a Kyurem - B, and M - Diancie core to use on a sand team.

Sets:
Kyurem-B@ leftovers
Lonely:Travolta
56 HP 80 Atk 136 Sp.atk 236 speed
Substitute
Fusion Bolt
Outrage
Ice beam

Diancie@diancite
Naive:clear body
36 Atk 236 sp.atk 252 Speed
Protect
Earth Power
Diamond Storm
Moonblast
Just a nitpick, but you have too many EVs for Diancie. It should be 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe or something similar. Also, Kyurem-B's ability shoud be John Travolta Teravolt (but I'm sure it was just a typo or whatever).

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Claudehylkton Queiroz

Serperior @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 56 HP / 252 Atk / 200 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- U-turn

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Power-Up Punch
- Waterfall

Latias @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Hi. I changed up the sets a bit but here's a HO squad I built that fits the core so Imma post that. The premise of the team is pretty simple: set up a DD with Zard X and win. Common stops to Zard X include Lando T, Hippowdon, and Slowbro. Serperior breaks these down, and HP Ground lets it lure in and kill Heatran, which is a bitch for both Serperior and Zard X to handle. Landorus-T is the Stealth Rocker of choice because it's a Ground immunity and it checks Excadrill, which is a massive threat to an HO squad.Smack Down is for catching Skarmory, Rotom-W, and opposing Lando-Ts on the switch so they can be nuked with EQ. Next, I added Bisharp to deal with bulky Psychic types, Clefable, and other Fairy-types. It also gave me a very strong form of priority in Sucker Punch. Lum Berry was chosen so bisharp can either set up on SLowbro and not care about Scald, or eat a Wisp from Talon or Mew or something. Azumarill was Added because Keldeo was looking like a threat. I chose AV PuP because I saw Rumor use it once and I really liked the concept of it, as you can PuP the switch in then nuke something with a +1 Play Rough / Waterfall. Anyways, Azu gives me a Lati switch in and checks Dragons in general, while also being a good check to fat grounds and Fire-types such as Heatran or Talonflame. Lum Berry > AV is an option as well. Finally, I needed hazard removal of some sort and Latias fit the bill perfectly. She is a secondary check to Keldeo and also helps stop Electric-types from mauling me in tandem with Zard X, which is a huge plus. Specifically, Latias removes hazards so Zard X can actually switch in and not die to Stealth Rock. Healing Wish gives a second life to a mon which can be crucial late-game.

There's the team. Hope you enjoy it.

Choice Bowtie: Im really sorry for the wait but the team I was gonna post got deleted. I promise that I will post it either tomorrow or Friday. I'm really sorry about the wait.

Just a nitpick, but you have too many EVs for Diancie. It should be 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe or something similar. Also, Kyurem-B's ability shoud be John Travolta Teravolt (but I'm sure it was just a typo or whatever).
Thx for the EV correction. Kyube however was a typo but I'm keeping it now because of lolz

Can I request something else because my core I posted was (probably unintentionally) ignored and it looks like it won't be done (judging by the most recently posted cores that are being built)?

Claudehylkton Queiroz

Serperior @ Miracle Seed
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Dragon Pulse
- Glare

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- U-turn

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Azumarill @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Power-Up Punch
- Waterfall

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Hi. I changed up the sets a bit but here's a HO squad I built that fits the core so Imma post that. The premise of the team is pretty simple: set up a DD with Zard X and win. Common stops to Zard X include Lando T, Hippowdon, and Slowbro. Serperior breaks these down, and HP Ground lets it lure in and kill Heatran, which is a bitch for both Serperior and Zard X to handle. Landorus-T is the Stealth Rocker of choice because it's a Ground immunity and it checks Excadrill, which is a massive threat to an HO squad.Smack Down is for catching Skarmory, Rotom-W, and opposing Lando-Ts on the switch so they can be nuked with EQ. Next, I added Bisharp to deal with bulky Psychic types, Clefable, and other Fairy-types. It also gave me a very strong form of priority in Sucker Punch. Lum Berry was chosen so bisharp can either set up on SLowbro and not care about Scald, or eat a Wisp from Talon or Mew or something. Azumarill was Added because Keldeo was looking like a threat. I chose AV PuP because I saw Rumor use it once and I really liked the concept of it, as you can PuP the switch in then nuke something with a +1 Play Rough / Waterfall. Anyways, Azu gives me a Lati switch in and checks Dragons in general, while also being a good check to fat grounds and Fire-types such as Heatran or Talonflame. Lum Berry > AV is an option as well. Finally, I needed hazard removal of some sort and Latias fit the bill perfectly. She is a secondary check to Keldeo and also helps stop Electric-types from mauling me in tandem with Zard X, which is a huge plus. Specifically, Latias removes hazards so Zard X can actually switch in and not die to Stealth Rock. Healing Wish gives a second life to a mon which can be crucial late-game.

There's the team. Hope you enjoy it.

Choice Bowtie: Im really sorry for the wait but the team I was gonna post got deleted. I promise that I will post it either tomorrow or Friday. I'm really sorry about the wait.
Rly nice team, great job. :)) Gonna you it right now Thx!

Rly nice team, great job. :)) Gonna you it right now Thx!
Just a tip: I used the team last night quite a bit and it works super well. My only problem was I had to play a little carefully around mega lopunny... But that's probably just cause I'm really bad vs mega lopunny like all the time haha :P

EDIT: hey guys could I request a core built? I thought of this core in the middle of a pretty boring Spanish class yesterday:

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Thanks:) so basically most of talonflame's checks get scared out by starmie - heatran, diancie, etc, letting starmie fire off a free LO analytic hydro pump, which is gonna hit anything hard. Also, starmie spins away rocks which is (obviously) a necessity for talonflame. The team can be offensive or balance, or even hyper offense I don't have a preference:) but if it's not too much to ask, could whoever build it give an explanation of why they added each team member, what they thought the team needed, and basically just giving me and insight into how you guys teambuild. I'm trying to improve my team building skills and it's super helpful to see the pros build and how they do. Thanks so much!!

Last edited:

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch / Sustitute / Whatever you think fits best

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

I looked through all the teams and saw that there was no team with Mega Lopunny and Raikou, so I figured I may as well ask for one. If there is one that I overlooked, I apologize. Mega Lopunny destroys offensive builds and Raikou can beat some of the things Lop has trouble with such as Slowbro, Talonflame, and Celebi (because of Calm Mind). These two dislike Hippowdon and sand offense in general. Mega Venusaur is a problem as well. I chose SubCM Raikou because it's an unexpected set and it's a good wincon vs certain matchups. However, change the set if necessary. Thanks in advance; I really appreciate you guys ^_^

I really wanna see a team based around Coil Zygarde + Mega Scizor, as Mega Scizor is sacred of Fire types and Zygarde switches into Fire moves happily, and Mega Scizor can beat fairies and ice types comfortably. I want to see Coil Zygarde because it seems like a rather fun idea, even though it might not be the WORLDS best pokemon, I would love to see a team built with it.

Sets:

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Coil
(Speed is for standard TankChomp btw, feel free to change these sets as you wish.)

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey guys,

I was thinking about Mega Metagross a lot lately and how to build a team with him. Then I thought that Keldeo might actually be a really good partner.

Mega Metagross is weak to Fire, Ground, Ghost and Dark and Keldeo resists Fire and Dark and can pretty easily get rid of Ground types with STAB Scald or Hydro Pump.

On the other side, Keldeo is weak to Flying, Grass, Electric, Psychic and Fairy and Metagross resists a lot of types including Flying, Grass, Fairy and Psychic, which only does a quarter damage to him. Also, Keldeo is quite good at taking care of Mega Metagross' counters, such as Mega Scizor, Skarmory, Dark types and bulky Ground types, like Hippowdon, Garchomp, Lando-T and other stuff.

Here are the sets:

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Ice Punch / Grass Knot

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

For Mega Metagross, I went simply for 4 attack moves set. Meteor Mash and Zen Headbutt are STAB moves with Tough Claws buff, so they deal tons of damage. Hammer Arm to deal with some other Steel types and stuff. I could not decide though whether should I take Ice Punch or Grass Knot. Ice Punch is great to deal with Ground types, Hippowdon, Garchomp, Lando-T and Gliscor, but Grass Knot can deal with bulky Ground types and bulky Water types, which can check Keldeo. Jolly Nature to outspeed things and full EVs in Attack and Speed simply to be a better sweeper. Clear Body before mega evolving, so that you don't get intimidated and so.

For Keldeo, I went full offensive set as well. Choice Specs for amazing wallbreaking capabilities. Scald is the STAB move, which you can be confident with spamming, because it does good amount of damage and has chance to burn. Secret Sword is the Fighting type STAB move, which helps you deal with Chansey very easily. Hydro Pump is another Water type STAB, which you can use to break through bulky walls. Icy Wind can 2HKO Latios and Dragonite and it also lowers enemy Speed stats, which is great.
Also, I would prefer a balance team rather than a HO team.

That's all from me atm and I really hope you will notice this one and make a viable team around these two mons.

btw thanks scald for correcting me
Hey man, there is already teams with this core, you should look at page 1 !

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I really wanna see a team based around Coil Zygarde + Mega Scizor, as Mega Scizor is sacred of Fire types and Zygarde switches into Fire moves happily, and Mega Scizor can beat fairies and ice types comfortably. I want to see Coil Zygarde because it seems like a rather fun idea, even though it might not be the WORLDS best pokemon, I would love to see a team built with it.

Sets:

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 104 HP / 252 SpD / 152 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Coil
(Speed is for standard TankChomp btw, feel free to change these sets as you wish.)

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
Mio

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Choice Bowtie

Alakazam @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Signal Beam

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 196 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Foul Play
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Tail Glow
- Psychic

I'm reeeally sorry for the long wait. College + the team being deleted really set me back quite a bit. Anyways, here's the team. Alakazam is a good wallbreaker, and it pairs up with Mega Scizor quite well since the latter handles things like Weavile and Bisharp. The sets are pretty standard, but I put signal beam on zam to handle Hoopa and Celebi, though Knock Off or HP Ice / Fire works fine as well. Next, I added SD Lando T to set up Stealth Rocks, check ground types, check Talonflame, and do damage. An alternative is U-Turn > SD, but then you lose out on weakening Hippo for Scizor. Next, Raikou was added to further check Talonflame, while also handling things like Manaphy, Torn t, and opposing Electric-types thanks to its great special bulk. The set is standard with Shadow Ball to hit Psychic types. Next, I was looking for a way to abuse hazards, so I went with Klefki. Klefki also gives me speed control which is great for when things like DD [insert threatening mon here] sets up. Foul Play is used over a Fairy STAB because having a way to deal with SD or DD sweepers after they get T waved can be a big bonus. Finally, Manaphy was added to help stallbreak while also dealing with fatter balance really well. I went with RD 2 attacks over 3 attacks because unaware Clefable can be a bitch and RD also helps with Zard Y, an otherwise massive threat to the team.

Hopefully this was worth the wait. I fit wasn't then please let me know and I will rework the team.

This is a core posted in the OU Good Cores thread featuring Hex Gengar and Calm Mind Clefable.

+

Gengar @ Black Sludge
EVs: 108 HP / 148 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Thunder Wave
- Soft-Boiled

Apparently, this core is centred on having the pair spread status with Wisp / Thunder Wave and then have Gengar wallbreak with Hex or have Clefable Calm Minding to victory. Hex is a move which allows Gengar to lure Gliscor, which is beneficial for Clefable to sweep. 196 Def allows Clefable to avoid the 2HKO from a burned Bisharp's Iron Head.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I'm hoping somebody can build a team around this since my own attempts resulted in spectacular failure.

Last edited:
(Please ignore this post if I am not allowed to request for another team to be made)
Just saw this amazing core by Analytic
I'd love if someone could make a team with it

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Superpower / Crunch
Here is an amazing post by him that explains the core
The basic idea of this core is relatively simple. Feraligatr breaks stuff like Hippowdon, Slowbro and Heatran which trouble Zard-X, while Zard weakens stuff like Skarmory and Ferrothorn in return. They compliment each other pretty well but struggle a lot against offensive Fairy-types like Azumarill, M-Diancie, M-Altaria, and M-Gardevoir, while Keldeo, Lati@s, Sand Rush Excadrill, are all huge threats that need to be covered. Ferrothorn fits in nicely for Balanced teams while Klefki fits in nicely for HO, both check Fairy-types and Lati@s rather well and provide Spikes to weaken checks. It breaks a lot of the common Hippowdon balance teams that you see nowadays and is surely effective in the current metagame.
Thank you to whoever makes this and thank you, Analytic, for the Core

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
This goes without saying after I deleted this guys comment but will say it anyways. If you're trying to hit the level of sarcasm equal to mine when going for a low key insult to the team 1. It's not happening 2. I'm deleting your comment. 3. It's not happening, get a grip.

If someone sees comments like these just ignore them. I don't understand the necessity for people around here to reply to everything (see OU VR thread) when anyone with half a brain knows it's going to be deleted. Thanks.

First time posting here, hope I do it right :]

Here's a core I've seen in the ORAS Core Analysis thread and I think it has a lot of potential.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Baton Pass

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball / Hex
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Taunt / Will-O-Wisp

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psychic
- Tail Glow
- Rain Dance

The idea of the core is to basically take on as many playstyles as possible. Gengar can take on Balance incredibly well, Mega Lopunny shits on most forms of offence and Manaphy takes on stall with ease, especially with RD + Hydration. Mega Lop is the star of the show, with Sub + BP being the set I went for. The reason for this is that Baton Passing into either of these two monsters is a force to be reckoned with, but an AoA version can be used. Chansey is a massive pain to Manaphy and Gengar (Manaphy less so thanks to RD + TG + Hydration) so Mega Lopunny is here to deal with that Blob. Assault Vest users are a pain for Manaphy and Gengar so Mega Lop can deal with them too. Tornadus-T is a bit of a pain so you can switch out BP + Sub for Ice Punch + Coverage if needed. Feel free to change any of the sets if need be and sorry if I did anything wrong :]

Hi, I am too lazy to build right now.

Here's a core that I like and with which I never build:

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
EVs: 84 HP / 252 Atk / 172 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Waterfall
- Earthquake / Crunch

I find them very complementary. With an impressive potential sweep.
Thank you !

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ZANBAKUResh

Ok I wanted to take on a core like this to challenge myself since I usually would end up building something completely stall-ish with this core but I wanted to aim for a more balanced team if possible. Still turned out sorta stally but I managed to fit some stallbreakers in the team so I'm happy.

Sableye (M) @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Protect

Slowbro (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 204 Def / 56 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
- Calm Mind

Talonflame @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Defog
- Roost
- Iron Head

Serperior @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Ok so I'll give a brief rundown of how I built the team and what possible changes you can try out.

First off I figured although Snatch Sableye is cool, I really wanted to be able to get the mega evo off safely. Fake Out is a popular option, but I decided to go for Protect. TheEnder has a great post here on the benefits of Protect over Fake Out. Anyway I kept CM Bro but gave it T-Wave just so it can still check Charizard X and speed control is nice for teams like these. Next up I knew I wanted something to deal with Zard Y and Serperior. Talonflame fit the bill and I went with a bread and butter stallbreaker set to mess up Clefables as well and it's also a great check to Mega Altaria with priority as a nice bonus on a slow team. At this point Rocks were needed and electrics were looking like a pain in the ass so I added Hippowdon. The spread is specially defensive to better check electrics and Mega Diancie which sort of ransacks the team right now. The EVs hit a jump point in spdef and this is still enough defense to properly check Bisharp and is a secondary check to Excadrill, Talonflame and Zard X as well. Added Skarmory so that I'd have something for Mega Gardevoir x_x. Spikes + Defog may seem dumb but in a lot of matches you won't need Defog it's more as security for when you do, while Spikes are really nice for this kind of team. Last mon I really badly needed something to check Manaphy and ideally wanted some speed since the team was slow so I added Serperior. Taunt Synth Serp (credit to AM for suggesting Taunt) screws up opposing stall builds that have ways to deal with stallbreaker Talon while it applies a good amount of offensive pressure otherwise as well. Also gives another water resist so Slowbro isn't so heavily pressured by Scald (unlike the original build with Kyurem-Black)

Anyway potential changes include running only 1 of Spikes and Defog on Skarm (opening the door for Whirlwind) or you can run a Scizor there (had this in the original build) with U-turn for momentum and either Defog or Pursuit to get rid of some annoying things like Gardevoir and Latis. Can go Bulk Up on Talon since Serp provides a stallbreaker though I like having double Taunt on a team like this. For Slowbro you can opt for the full CM set and then I'd recommend changing Hippo back to a little more defensive so that it can be the primary Zard X check and just pray the other team's Mega Diancie isn't HP Fire for skarm x_x. Foul Play is an option on Sableye for Zards and Talons that try to set up on it but I had success with Protect. Anyway it's not perfect but I tested it out a bit on the ladder and went about .500 while losing some to hax (Serp missing a Leaf Storm on Manaphy lol) and making some bad plays but I think overall the build is pretty decent. Azumarill and Mega Gyarados along with Manaphy are probably the biggest threats. Hope you enjoy.

(Please ignore this post if I am not allowed to request for another team to be made)
Just saw this amazing core by Analytic
I'd love if someone could make a team with it

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 36 HP / 252 Atk / 220 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Superpower / Crunch
Here is an amazing post by him that explains the core

Thank you to whoever makes this and thank you, Analytic, for the Core
taking this!

I'm making this its own post, cause I edited it onto a previous post I made so I doubt anyone even saw it haha

hey guys could I request a core built? I thought of this core in the middle of a pretty boring Spanish class yesterday:

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Rapid Spin

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Thanks:) so basically most of talonflame's checks get scared out by starmie - heatran, diancie, etc, letting starmie fire off a free LO analytic hydro pump, which is gonna hit anything hard. Also, starmie spins away rocks which is (obviously) a necessity for talonflame. The team can be offensive or balance, or even hyper offense I don't have a preference:) but if it's not too much to ask, could whoever build it give an explanation of why they added each team member, what they thought the team needed, and basically just giving me and insight into how you guys teambuild. I'm trying to improve my team building skills and it's super helpful to see the pros build and how they do. Thanks so much!!

Hello! I wanna request a team around two swordsmen:

Gallade @ Galladite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Bisharp @ Life Orb/ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Pretty standard core. Gallade hits stuff, Bisharp hits Clefable, and they both get screwed over by Mega Sableye.

thanks for the last team. you guys are awesome

Clone

Free Gliscor
Hello! I wanna request a team around two swordsmen:

Gallade @ Galladite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Bisharp @ Life Orb/ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Pretty standard core. Gallade hits stuff, Bisharp hits Clefable, and they both get screwed over by Mega Sableye.

thanks for the last team. you guys are awesome
K

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm back again requesting another team, let's see how this works out:

Talonflame
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Taunt

Blastoise-Mega @ Blastoisinite
Ability: Rain Dish
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere / Ice Beam

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed

This is an interesting FWG core, and as I started with Talon I knew I wanted hazard removal, but also wanted something a little special, so I went with Mega Blastoise to partner up with it. Aura Sphere vs Ice Beam will get chosen based on what the final team needs, so I won't make a call on that since I don't know the entire team yet. I also have Ferro to complete the FWG core, and also get a switch-in for T-Wave and Toxic. You may do slight alterations to the sets, but I want to keep Talon to be an Acro set, and I obv need Spin on Blastoise. This would probably end up being bulky offense or maybe balance, which I both like playing with so go with whichever one fits best.
Doesnt look like this has been taken, ill build this too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)