Project Teambuilding Workshop v2 (Closed) [READ OP and Post #553]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- Will-O-Wisp

Klefki @ Heat Rock
Ability: Prankster
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sunny Day
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon

Venusaur @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 32 Def / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 8 SpD / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Latios (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

What up BlazeLatias this core caught my eye, Mega Houndoom is not a great choice of mega but isn't than bad at all and paired with sunny day support klefki sound strong, next i've noticed that Sludge bomb hit absolutly nothing bar mega altaria, so i replaced for Will-o-Wisp this allow you to cripple Azu, Alt, Ttar all of them on switch and this help a lot your other team members. I know you dont wanna a full sun team but having Sunny day and the core is weak to fairies + waters i added a second abuser in Venusaur which really fit well in the team, at this point i discuss a lot with AM because the core can take different ways because I found this core very restrictive having spikes and a weak mon to SR doesn't make sense have a defogger on the hazard stack team, so i add as next member bulky starmie which is one of the best rapid spinner in the current metagame and can check to extend a Mega Metagross you know Scald always burn also is my dedicated Keldeo switch. I already got spikes so i need rock + a bird check so Lando-t was my choice also fuction as a Pivot and got free switch ins and last wanna something that can lure Steel because tbh now on days nobody switch his steel type into Venusaur fearing HP Fire which our Venusaur doesn't carry because wanna lure Heatran with EQ, so with that being said HP fire latios get rid of steel for Venusaur and Venusaur get rid of Heatran for Latios, called a double lure. The team is kinda weak to Bisharp so you gotta played carefully around that, Diancie is an isshue so i put Flash cannon over Play rough of klefki and Ev'd to take 1 earth power, flash cannon hit weavile as well, also chansey could be very annoying so you gotta pressure stall with NP hound + hazards, i think that's it hope you liked the team and enjoy !

Victini @ Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Trick Room
- U-turn

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Crabhammer
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Hello builders {: the basic idea
of this core is to be the offensive core on a trick room team. victini is to take advantage of its speed drop from v-create to in turn speed it up when in trick room . i was unaware if i wanted it to life orb or just banded, i guess you guys can be the better judges of that , but i also need help to have a good defensive/trick room setter up to help with this core. I dont mind if you change any of the cores sets to help make the team stronger.

Thank you builders even if you arent able to do my core just for taking your time to help others out [:

Im not a really good team builder .-., but ill like someone to make a Hyper/Bulky Offense team around Mega Diancie+Manaphy+Magnezone

Mega-Diancie+Manaphy both break playstyles for each other. Mega-Diancie weakens offense while manaphy weakens stall, leaving holes for each other to clean.
Magnezone was added to patch some of the poke's they cant beat/weaken, such as ferrothorn and mega scizor(it doesnt like scald burns tho)

The core breaks holes for each other while maintaining offensive pressure, so each pokemon and clean each others holes

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Polish
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Manaphy @ Lum Berry
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Psychic
- Energy Ball

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Feel free to ajust the sets to the team's liking

EDIT: changed ice beam to psychic on manaphy

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Dr Ciel

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 12 HP / 244 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Substitute

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 244 Atk / 12 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Hammer Arm
- Pursuit

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tailwind
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Raikou @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Volt Switch
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Latias @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Psychic

To be perfectly honest, this core is quite restricting. Using Mega Metagross requires that a certain type of offensive build be used, and it's really hard to get creative with it. Regardless, I went over this team with everyone and they approved so here it is. Aerodactyl is the chosen lead as it's faster than every other lead which ensures that I will always get SR down on the field. Garchomp and Metagross do their thing, and I made Metagross Pursuit so that Garchomp doesn't have to worry about the Lati twins getting in the way when attempting a sweep, while it also helps out keldeo, the next member. Keldeo was added to deal damage to fat grounds and handle Bisharp and Weavile better, while also spreading burns when possible. Raikou was added to ensure that Mega Mane can't decimate the team, and it also lures stuff like Excadrill and Ferrothorn with CM HP Fire. Finally, I added Latias for Healing Wish support should Garchomp or another teammate be too weak to do its job correctly. HP Fighting Colbur Berry is there because fuck Weavile. Seriously. Being able to kill that thing (as well as Bisharp) as it tries to revenge kill helps Garchomp out so much its not even funny. It also helps Latias escape Pursuits if its not time to use Healing Wish yet.

To be perfectly honest, I feel as though SubSalac Garchomp would benefit much more from a partner such as Bisharp, because I'm sure that another Mega could help out a lot more. For example, Adamant SD Bisharp does a really good job of screwing over Fairies on top of being a really good secondary sweeper in and of itself. I'd suggest trying out some different options and seeing how you fare with that.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 200 HP / 252 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Coil
- Earthquake
- Extremespeed/Dragon Tail

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Zygarde is a 'mon I've had a lot of difficulty building around so I'd love to see what one of the builders in this thread does with this core. Basically, it's centred around Zygarde with Scizor removing fairy types that are annoying for Zygarde and bringing it in with a slow U-turn. SubCoil Zygarde, I think, has a lot of untapped potential, being amazingly difficult to take down, incredibly easy to set-up with and quite effective if it has the right support. Honestly, I'm not fussed if you change the Scizor set to Mega or LO as long as you build an awesome team around Zygarde.

Thanks in Advance.

This core came to my interest, and I'd like to see what team you can come up with it:

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Encore / Knock Off / Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 156 HP / 100 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- U-turn

EVs: 104 HP / 216 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake / Dragon Claw
- Roost

I would like a BALANCED team based off of these 3 pokemon. You can choose the moves the best way they fit for the team you are creating.

Hi :) I'd like a balanced team around volcarona+terrakion. Volc beats chestnaught,sciz,slowbro,skarmory,mew,quagsire and mega sableye which terrak struggles with. terrak beats chansey,tran,dragonite and both zard forms which volc struggles with.
Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Terrakion @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Hi :) I'd like a balanced team around volcarona+terrakion. Volc beats chestnaught,sciz,slowbro,skarmory,mew,quagsire and mega sableye which terrak struggles with. terrak beats chansey,tran,dragonite and both zard forms which volc struggles with.
Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
While this core would theoretically benefit from being paired with Pokemon commonly seen on balance, such as Hippowdon, Ferrothorn, and Clefable, this core is really offensive in nature and would appreciate being paired with offensive Pokemon that can break down their checks, such as Thundurus, LO + Thunderbolt Starmie, and Special Mega Altaria more than a defensive backbone. However, certain balance mons, such as Calm Mind + Focus Blast Clefable and Spikes Ferrothorn, would pair very well with this core.

Hey guys, i like a team balanced with this core, Staraptor + Mega-Metagross if possible please :}

Staraptor @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Double-Edge
- Close Combat
- U-turn

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch
- Hammer Arm

Croven
Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Protect
- Toxic Spikes

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 21 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Thunder Wave
i guess this team doesn't have the greatest win percentage out there, but it can be really good at times if you play mega bee correctly. protect is really vital for it so instead of running 3 attacks + toxic spikes, i went with 2 attacks + protect + toxic spikes albeit leaving it annoyed by heatran and grounds. dugtrio is a cool 'mon to pair with mega beedrill, because it can trap things like volcarona and a weakened garchomp. it also sets up rocks. once dugtrio does its work on trapping steels+those m-gardevoir, thundurus and latios can just nuke everything meaning balance teams will find themselves losing. bisharp abuses defog, switches onto latis easier with the bulkier spread,...user -clone- suggested lum berry on it which is pretty cool because it takes advantage of scald users and also lets you beat mew since the team is rather weak to it. keldeo takes advantage of grounds coming in on mega beedrill's u-turn and you can abuse a double switch with it for mega beedrill to get more damage because almost all of keldeo's checks are momentum bait for bee. latios uses defog and checks keldeo obviously. i usually use it to nuke things tho. np twave thundurus is a cool utility check and breaks balance really easily when paired with dugtrio. other than that, just try to get tspikes up as a early as possible and start u-turning. hope you like it ^.^

Goodra
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Healing Wish

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
- Spore
- Clear Smog

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Slack Off

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
this took me a bit longer, but cheers! no legendaries! your core was already really solid, and i paired it with gyarados to take advantage of grounds and its useful ability in intimidate was a nice buffer to the team. healing wish lopunny keeps gyarados a threat throughout the match. trick gothitelle pairs excellently with gyarados, allowing gyarados to pp stall ferrothorn meaning it is a non-threat. amoonguss was a nice glue 'mon i added. it checks keldeo, m-diancie, m-altaria and spores a lot of things for gyarados to set up on. hippowdon is a great blanket check and forms a great core with amoonguss. since sand is up, i might as well use excadrill to revenge kill and clean. air balloon is run on excadrill because i only have one ground resist which is kind of pathetic. just remember to bait lopunny's counters and double switch to gothitelle to secure wins, because gyarados and lopunny share common checks. this team struggles with tornadus-t, so make sure you give it few switch-in opportunities.

if you guys have any questions, then feel free to pm me. my descriptions were rather short because i am limited on pc access today.

Hey builders! I've got a 3 mon core i'd love to see your opinions on if at all possible, sets and items can be changed of course but would prefer leaning towards balance / bulky offence if possible.

Basically the premise is that you have a really really really hard hitting duck and then a couple of friends to give it some support:

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Trick
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake

Modest nature + specs on 'Z means everyone literally gets 2hko even some steel/rock types. You also have trick for messing with special walls and hp fire/icebeam for the keen predicts. Decided to pair 'Z with hazard support and 2 mons that can either a) let him outspeed things via prankster T-wave courtesy of Klefki b) provide a free switch-in via U-turn courtesy of Gliscor. Between the three of them they also have fairly useful resistance coverage too.

Let me know what you think guys!

Croven
Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Protect
- Toxic Spikes

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 21 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpD
- Earthquake
- Reversal
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Swords Dance

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Keldeo-Resolute @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 30 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Thunder Wave
i guess this team doesn't have the greatest win percentage out there, but it can be really good at times if you play mega bee correctly. protect is really vital for it so instead of running 3 attacks + toxic spikes, i went with 2 attacks + protect + toxic spikes albeit leaving it annoyed by heatran and grounds. dugtrio is a cool 'mon to pair with mega beedrill, because it can trap things like volcarona and a weakened garchomp. it also sets up rocks. once dugtrio does its work on trapping steels+those m-gardevoir, thundurus and latios can just nuke everything meaning balance teams will find themselves losing. bisharp abuses defog, switches onto latis easier with the bulkier spread,...user -clone- suggested lum berry on it which is pretty cool because it takes advantage of scald users and also lets you beat mew since the team is rather weak to it. keldeo takes advantage of grounds coming in on mega beedrill's u-turn and you can abuse a double switch with it for mega beedrill to get more damage because almost all of keldeo's checks are momentum bait for bee. latios uses defog and checks keldeo obviously. i usually use it to nuke things tho. np twave thundurus is a cool utility check and breaks balance really easily when paired with dugtrio. other than that, just try to get tspikes up as a early as possible and start u-turning. hope you like it ^.^

Goodra
Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Fake Out
- Healing Wish

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Gyarados @ Leftovers
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 SpD
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Foul Play
- Spore
- Clear Smog

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Slack Off

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
this took me a bit longer, but cheers! no legendaries! your core was already really solid, and i paired it with gyarados to take advantage of grounds and its useful ability in intimidate was a nice buffer to the team. healing wish lopunny keeps gyarados a threat throughout the match. trick gothitelle pairs excellently with gyarados, allowing gyarados to pp stall ferrothorn meaning it is a non-threat. amoonguss was a nice glue 'mon i added. it checks keldeo, m-diancie, m-altaria and spores a lot of things for gyarados to set up on. hippowdon is a great blanket check and forms a great core with amoonguss. since sand is up, i might as well use excadrill to revenge kill and clean. air balloon is run on excadrill because i only have one ground resist which is kind of pathetic. just remember to bait lopunny's counters and double switch to gothitelle to secure wins, because gyarados and lopunny share common checks. this team struggles with tornadus-t, so make sure you give it few switch-in opportunities.

if you guys have any questions, then feel free to pm me. my descriptions were rather short because i am limited on pc access today.
Thank you so much for the team! I'll give it some runs tonight~

I had actually made up a second dual core that I was messing with this week while waiting for the team to be built but I don't know if it'd be allowed to request another team be built around this core after just having a request done lol. I'll show my core anyways though I'll edit it out if I can't make anymore requests.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly
- Substitute
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Baton Pass

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Taunt / Knock Off

I've been having fun with these two together with Mega Lopunny punching wholes in some of the threats to Serperior while also BPing Substitutes over to Serperior when forcing a switch while giving it a safe setup. Few times this Sub BP alone has let my Serperior wipe teams that would have otherwise stopped it do to getting a hit in on it while setting up. Having a hard time deciding between Taunt or Knock Off as both have been helpful during certain situations. I've had in issue though filling in the rest of the blanks for this team as that's always been a bit of an issue for me. If anyone could help me with this that'd be great and this will be the last time in a while I'll be asking for any help!

ShadowGuy1 Not 100% sure, but i think there already was a team posted with your requested core on here. I do have the import, tough i can't give credits to the builder, since i forgot where exactly i did get it from (if it was this thread or another one on the OU forum) :/
Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 96 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite X
EVs: 96 HP / 220 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Slowking (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 32 SpA / 56 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Skarmory (F) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Whirlwind
- Counter
- Defog
- Roost
The team itself seems to be a bit outdate, since i think it was build during the Landorus-I era.

On another note: Does anyone mind shooting me a PM explaining how to implement those tiny sprites into my post? That would be very much appreciated :]

Have a nice day

edit: It actually was bludz who posted the team here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-ou-sample-team-thread.3521695/ Just scroll down the archive. Sorry for causing any confusion, hope your request still get's picked!

Last edited:
ShadowGuy1 Not 100% sure, but i think there already was a team posted with your requested core on here. I do have the import, tough i can't give credits to the builder, since i forgot where exactly i did get it from (if it was this thread or another one on the OU forum) :/
Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 96 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled

EVs: 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite X
EVs: 96 HP / 220 Atk / 192 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Slowking (F) @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 32 SpA / 56 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Psyshock
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Tail

Hippowdon (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off

Skarmory (F) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Whirlwind
- Counter
- Defog
- Roost
The team itself seems to be a bit outdate, since i think it was build during the Landorus-I era.

On another note: Does anyone mind shooting me a PM explaining how to implement those tiny sprites into my post? That would be very much appreciated :]

Have a nice day

edit: It actually was bludz who posted the team here: http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-ou-sample-team-thread.3521695/ Just scroll down the archive. Sorry for causing any confusion, hope your request still get's picked!
Yeah I saw that one, but noticed it was outdated so I wanted an updated newer one. Thats why i requested that one!!!

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
LightYamani

assassin (Weavile) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

grandmaster (Medicham) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

tsunami (Azumarill) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Power-Up Punch

divine judgment (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

vulcan furnace (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

retribution (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

This is a really cool offensive core because Medicham just breaks all tons of fat things and Weavile can clean up the mess that's left over. Also just targets the fat psychics that can actually wall Cham. I kept your original sets because even though I'm the type of guy to mess around with that kinda stuff, they fit best on the final build. Anyway I added Azumarill because it covered up weaknesses to Excadrill, Zard X, Mega Gyarados, Keldeo, and is just very difficult for other offense to deal with. I was originally Assault Vest because of Mega fairy types and you can switch back to that if you want but I'll explain my reasoning for running Lum Berry. First of all it's the team's only true switch-in to Keldeo so it's not going to enjoy getting burned by Scald but the other thing is so that it makes a good lead against Mega Sableye. Power-Up Punch is in the last slot to get back the power of Choice Band and help wallbreak or clean shit up late game, and the team already has Knock Off support from Weavile. Anyway at this point I'm still pretty weak to Scizor, Metagross, Lopunny, and some fat water types and whatnot. I decided to add Thundurus since that Prankster T-Wave helps against basically everything bar other electrics and scarfed Ground types (which Azu can deal with fairly well). Went with your standard LO 3 atks but Grass Knot > HP Ice because Weavile dishes out that ice type damage already and this bops unsuspecting Hippos, Quagsires and Mega Swamperts (srsly rain shits on offense). It's pretty cool that Weavile pursuit traps a lot of Thundurus' best checks as well since they are things like Celebi and Latias. Anyway at this point the team's still greatly annoyed by fairy types and lacking a switch in to them plus it also doesn't really enjoy dealing with a Serperior that comes in after Azu gets a kill. I went with Choice Scarf on Heatran as it's a needed revenge killer against things like Mega Manectric which give the team hell, while also checking the things it needs to and being an emergency Zard Y check as well as my first Talonflame check and my best check to Scizor. Last up still weak to Metagross, Lopunny, and Bisharp mostly as well as some electric types so it was time for a Stealth Rock setter and it could be none other than Garchomp. I initially wanted Lando-T for the slow U-turns, Intimidate and checking Excadrill better but the team was just far too weak to Bisharp at that point. Toxic is for stuff like Mega Slowbro and whatnot with the rest being standard, I ran the SpDef TankChomp set instead of the speedier one because the team is still weak to electric types so any buffer against them at all is nice. Shoutouts to m00ns and AM for giving me some great tips on this build, and of course all the other builders since they let me test against them :). Enjoy.

Edit: forgot that you requested nicknames so I'm working on some now. Ok I've added them. Hopefully you enjoy them, if not, at least I tried.

Last edited:

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Giga Drain
- Bug Buzz

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
also i'm taking this

LightYamani

assassin (Weavile) @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Knock Off
- Pursuit

grandmaster (Medicham) @ Medichamite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Zen Headbutt
- Bullet Punch

tsunami (Azumarill) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Power-Up Punch

divine judgment (Thundurus) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Focus Blast

vulcan furnace (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

retribution (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Toxic

This is a really cool offensive core because Medicham just breaks all tons of fat things and Weavile can clean up the mess that's left over. Also just targets the fat psychics that can actually wall Cham. I kept your original sets because even though I'm the type of guy to mess around with that kinda stuff, they fit best on the final build. Anyway I added Azumarill because it covered up weaknesses to Excadrill, Zard X, Mega Gyarados, Keldeo, and is just very difficult for other offense to deal with. I was originally Assault Vest because of Mega fairy types and you can switch back to that if you want but I'll explain my reasoning for running Lum Berry. First of all it's the team's only true switch-in to Keldeo so it's not going to enjoy getting burned by Scald but the other thing is so that it makes a good lead against Mega Sableye. Power-Up Punch is in the last slot to get back the power of Choice Band and help wallbreak or clean shit up late game, and the team already has Knock Off support from Weavile. Anyway at this point I'm still pretty weak to Scizor, Metagross, Lopunny, and some fat water types and whatnot. I decided to add Thundurus since that Prankster T-Wave helps against basically everything bar other electrics and scarfed Ground types (which Azu can deal with fairly well). Went with your standard LO 3 atks but Grass Knot > HP Ice because Weavile dishes out that ice type damage already and this bops unsuspecting Hippos, Quagsires and Mega Swamperts (srsly rain shits on offense). It's pretty cool that Weavile pursuit traps a lot of Thundurus' best checks as well since they are things like Celebi and Latias. Anyway at this point the team's still greatly annoyed by fairy types and lacking a switch in to them plus it also doesn't really enjoy dealing with a Serperior that comes in after Azu gets a kill. I went with Choice Scarf on Heatran as it's a needed revenge killer against things like Mega Manectric which give the team hell, while also checking the things it needs to and being an emergency Zard Y check as well as my first Talonflame check and my best check to Scizor. Last up still weak to Metagross, Lopunny, and Bisharp mostly as well as some electric types so it was time for a Stealth Rock setter and it could be none other than Garchomp. I initially wanted Lando-T for the slow U-turns, Intimidate and checking Excadrill better but the team was just far too weak to Bisharp at that point. Toxic is for stuff like Mega Slowbro and whatnot with the rest being standard, I ran the SpDef TankChomp set instead of the speedier one because the team is still weak to electric types so any buffer against them at all is nice. Shoutouts to m00ns and AM for giving me some great tips on this build, and of course all the other builders since they let me test against them :). Enjoy.

Edit: forgot that you requested nicknames so I'm working on some now. Ok I've added them. Hopefully you enjoy them, if not, at least I tried.
Bludz u awesome! Never thought about lum azu+pup punch, cant wait to try this! Thanks for the nicks too they fit so well:]

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Hello. Ever since Landorus got banned, I have been wanting to try out Nidoking due its ability to completely break balance, and its extremely diverse movepool. However I am having trouble building around it, and would love if someone better than me could build a team around this core. I chose to pair Nido with Ttar because it can pursuit trap two of the most common checks to nidoking: Lati@s and AV Torn-T. I felt band tar would be an ideal set becasue 1) its fun. And 2) It traps Torn-T a lot easier, easily killing with pursuit after rocks and immediately removing it for nido. Anyways, here are the sets and thanks in advance if anyone decides to pick this up :)

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast/Focus Blast
- Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Stealth Rock/Sucker Punch/Filler

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
es mio

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Encore / Knock Off / Flamethrower
- Soft-Boiled

EVs: 156 HP / 100 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- U-turn

EVs: 104 HP / 216 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake / Dragon Claw
- Roost

I would like a BALANCED team based off of these 3 pokemon. You can choose the moves the best way they fit for the team you are creating.
This core came to my interest, and I'd like to see what team you can come up with it:

EVs: 104 HP / 220 Atk / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Jolly Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Pain Split
Tomare estos !

Last edited:
Iconic1 sorry this took me a little while to post. It's been done for a while now, but I just haven't had a chance to post it. Also, I tried contacting you about changing the Lando-T set, but I never got a response soooo I just changed it. If this is an issue, just tell me... I have a version of this team with Scarf Landorus.

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Frustration
- Healing Wish

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Atk / 212 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Raikou @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Extrasensory

Entei @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Stone Edge
- Bulldoze

Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Wobbuffet @ Custap Berry
EVs: 52 HP / 232 Def / 224 SpD
Bold Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Encore
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
It's always fun to build around a Wobbuffet core, and this team is super fun to use :] Before I get into the team, one thing to keep in mind when playing with this team is that keeping momentum is key! This is an HO team after all :p Anyways, I changed Landorus-T to an offensive Stealth Rock set because running a suicide lead AND Wobbuffet on the same time limits building a little bit. Lando is EV'd to outspeed 252 neutral nature (NOT Jolly/Timid/etc.) base 100's like Modest Zard-Y. When building with this core, I didn't really build around it. Instead I kinda built with it; I looked for stuff that the core helps. Wobbuffet is definitely a support Pokemon, and Lando-T's role here isn't to abuse Wob but to help it. First thing that came to mind was Azumarill because it's just plain amazing right now, it appreciates Wob making it easier to set up a BD, and it helps with lots of offensive Ice / Water types that Lando hates like Keldeo and Weavile. Next I added Lopunny because it just works really good with those 3 (Wob / Azu / Lando). Wob + Lopunny demolishes opposing offense teams, the double bunny core (Lop + Azu) has great offensive synergy, and Lando-T (and Azu to an extent) help with birdspam which Lop definitely doesn't like. Also, offense just really appreciates a Fighting type offensively for Steels and shit & for annoying Dark types like Bisharp. Healing Wish to make up for lack of hazard removal & to especially help Azumarill have a second chance if you fuck up with the Belly Drum. Next I added Raikou to further help with birdspam and to help take down fat Waters. CM Raikou adds another win-con to this team, and of course one of Wob's main features is it makes it easier for shit to set up. On top of this, seeing Lando-T + Raikou (+ Lopunny), people might expect VoltTurn which is always nice. Entei was added to switch into & handle some Fairies, to take down bulky Steels (mainly Mega Scizor), and to add another breaker to the team. Entei's definitely underprepared for nowadays, and it's kinda difficult to switch into in general. Nothing much to say on this one considering the set is super standard; Espeed Entei + Wob + Mega Lopunny makes opposing offense a pretty easy matchup lol.

This team struggles with a couple of common Pokemon, but it has the tools to handle them for sure... mainly Wobbuffet lol. In particular, Mega Metagross, Mega Altaria, and Clefable stand out. Mega Metagross has a tough time switching in to lots of stuff like a Mega Lopunny HJK, a BD boosted attack from Azumarill, a CM boosted Thunderbolt from Raikou, etc., but it still puts a lot of pressure on the team. If it doesn't have Ice Punch, Lando-T can handle it, and if it doesn't have EQ, Entei can revenge kill. DDance Mega Altaria is definitely annoying; you can play around it with Lando-T and Entei, and Azumarill can help a bit on revenge, but you're really gonna have to play around this one honestly. My advice is if you see a Mega Altaria and you know it's Dragon Dance (DDD or offensive or whatever it doesn't matter), SAVE YOUR WOBBUFFET! Clefable's kinda a bitch, but Entei helps with it, and Azumarill can handle the non-Unaware set. Entei getting para'd is annoying, but Lop has healing wish for a reason I guess :p Some other things that are kinda annoying to this team are SpDef Talon because of it's ability to fucking Wisp your Azu, and super powerful wallbreakers like Hoopa because you just plain can't switch into them rofl. If you just don't play stupid around those things, you'll be fine tho.

If you want your Landorus to have more longevity, you can run Leftovers > Soft Sand, but this isn't really all that necessary & Landorus really appreciates the EQ boost Soft Sand provides. Also on Landorus-T, if you don't care about outspeeding those 252 speed neutral speed nature base 100s (like Modest Zard-Y), you can run 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe; this still outspeeds shit like Jolly Bisharp, Breloom, Diggersby, etc.. If you don't care about Mega Venusaur, you can get away with running Volt Switch > Extrasensory on Raikou. This helps you with bluffing a non-CM set a bit, and it forms a nice Volt Turn core with Raikou and Landorus-T of course. The only issue is Venusaur becomes quite annoying for the team as a whole. If you don't like Life Orb on Raikou, you can run Leftovers OR you can even try out Zap Plate. Leftovers helps with longevity and all that, and Zap Plate helps you bluff Specs a bit more (no recoil / recovery), and you get a boost to your Thunderbolt with no recoil. Thing is HP Ice REALLY appreciates the Life Orb boost. Zap Plate can be fun with Volt Switch + Thunderbolt, but overall I'd only run this if you absolutely despise LO recoil rofl. If you don't care about HW on Lopunny, you can run Baton Pass for some simple dry passes. This helps with momentum and can give you the upper hand when predicting a switch from your opponent, but considering the lack of hazard removal & statuses like paralysis and burn being annoying, Healing Wish is really nice.

Sorry if I forgot any details about the team; built this a few days ago and I forget some of those things :P Nonetheless, I hope you have fun playing with this team dude! If you need any help with it, feel free to HMU here or on PS! (I'm usually in OU room or Competitive Tutoring). Special thanks to bludz and AM for helping me check this one over n_n

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
If your core hasnt been reserved by anybody on team reply to this exact post with your original post. Gauging what has and what hasnt been done. Please and thanks preferably within the next 5 or so hours.

If your core hasnt been reserved by anybody on team reply to this exact post with your original post. Gauging what has and what hasnt been done. Please and thanks preferably within the next 5 or so hours.
Well, Halcyon. said he would try to do this like 4 pages ago, but it seems he wasn't able to get anything good around it, so I hope it's okay that I repost it since it hasn't been done and doesn't seem like it will be done. Ofcourse if Halcyon. is still working on this just ignore me

So, back with another core, hope this one will be accepted as good enough to build around

Rhyperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Solid Rock
Jolly Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

So, the idea around this core is that Magnezone can beat Pokemon that Rhyperior struggles with, namely Water-, Steel, and Grass-types (although it struggles to beat M-Venu). Rock Polish Rhyperior is not the best set for not excactly the best Pokemon in OU, but I do believe it has potential if played correctly. It peaks a Speed of 392 at +2 I do believe, which outspeeds nearly everything except M-Lopunny, M-Manectric, M-Aerodactyl, M-Alakazam, and some Scarfers. To further help Rhyperior I guess that something that beats EQ users such as Lando-T and Garchomp, as they are a problem to Rhyperior (good lures for these are a plus, but not required). If whoever builds around this feels like Specs Magnezone is not the best set together with Rhyperior, it's okay for me if you swap to Scarf or Air Balloon or whatever, Specs was just the first set that crossed my mind. I guess that this team would end up as maybe offense/bulky offense, but idk, go for whatever team type you feel fits best.

Hey builders! I've got a 3 mon core i'd love to see your opinions on if at all possible, sets and items can be changed of course but would prefer leaning towards balance / bulky offence if possible.

Basically the premise is that you have a really really really hard hitting duck and then a couple of friends to give it some support:

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Tri Attack
- Trick
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Klefki @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Play Rough

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake

Modest nature + specs on 'Z means everyone literally gets 2hko even some steel/rock types. You also have trick for messing with special walls and hp fire/icebeam for the keen predicts. Decided to pair 'Z with hazard support and 2 mons that can either a) let him outspeed things via prankster T-wave courtesy of Klefki b) provide a free switch-in via U-turn courtesy of Gliscor. Between the three of them they also have fairly useful resistance coverage too.

Let me know what you think guys!
Thanks AM. Builders can feel free to change the gliscor/klefki for various Hazard setters as preference they were just two that came to mind first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)