Gen 4 Technical Machine's replays

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
As I've been testing TM, I've gotten into some decent battles with it. This thread will serve as an archive for TM's battles that I think are especially good.

List of all battles:
david stone vs. Technical Machine -- depth=2, stall team
david stone vs. Technical Machine -- depth=3, stall team
Earthworm vs. Technical Machine -- depth=3, paralysis team
david stone vs. Technical Machine -- depth=2, stall team
david stone vs. Technical Machine -- depth=3, BP team
david stone vs. Technical Machine -- depth=3, BP team

This first battle was played with a near mirror-match of stall teams with TM searching to a depth of 2 (which is almost instantaneous play).

david stone vs. Technical Machine -- depth=2

In particular, look at turns 2, 27, and 31. On turn 27, TM successfully Wish passes from Blissey to Rotom-W, and turn 31 could have theoretically turned the entire battle in the opposite direction. The entire battle lasts 66 turns.

Robots are taking over we're all gonna die! Seriously though this is pretty cool bro I am glad that tm is moving along so well.

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I just had an excellent battle with TM at depth = 3 (with turns taking on average less than 5 seconds), but due to some PO glitch, the battle log was not saved, so I'll just have to kind of explain what happened:

Technical Machine nearly won.

The teams were the same teams as in the above replay (mirror match stall teams). The only reason I pulled ahead at the end was because my Tentacruel got a CH Surf on TM's Rotom-W (fainting Rotom-W instead of having Tentacruel take a Thunderbolt), and then TM's Celebi rolled low damage with Psychic against my Skarmory, allowing it to Roost instead of fainting (by single-digit HP). I really wish this battle log had been saved because it is the best battle I've seen TM do.

that was awsome! You should ask nintendo if you can work on the subway AI for grey, cause TM seems a lot smarter than they are in b/w.

obi

formerly david stone
Technical Machine also requires much more memory and processor power than exists on a DS. It would require some re-working to get it to play on the more underpowered hand-helds.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I play go online, and there are always bots playing 24/7 against players. The bots get challenges a lot more rapidly than actual players do, and the owners of said bots are able to use all the data they get from the matches to make the bots stronger. Originally, bots were extremely weak-- when I started playing go, the strongest were around 6-7 kyu. Now, average bots are around 3kyu (slightly weaker than me), and the stronger bots are 3-4dan (with 8-9 dan being mostly pre-professional and professional players). In other words, they're the level of very, very strong amateur players. I'd imagine making a Pokemon AI would be harder than Go though...

It'd be so awesome to see TM playing on its own at PO eventually-- I'd bet it'd get way too many challenge offers though. Looking forward to seeing this develop~

obi

formerly david stone
All I have to add for that a very simple change, actually. Either have it not reject all challenges from non-trusted users (very easy change) or have it automatically join the ladder after it finishes battling (probably a 10-15 minute change). However, more data would not help me at this point; I can get enough data in a single battle for myself.

But it can still battle anyone online at any time if I log it on, as long as I make one of those two changes.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All I have to add for that a very simple change, actually. Either have it not reject all challenges from non-trusted users (very easy change) or have it automatically join the ladder after it finishes battling (probably a 10-15 minute change). However, more data would not help me at this point; I can get enough data in a single battle for myself.

But it can still battle anyone online at any time if I log it on, as long as I make one of those two changes.
Ooh, please do this-- that would be so cool if it's not a big problem for your computer.

obi

formerly david stone
http://pokemon.aesoft.org/replay-david-stone-vs-Technical-Machine--2012-04-05

depth = 3, TM is using a BP team.

On turn 10, I didn't use Whirlwind because I wanted to see how TM could handle a BP team, but after that, I pretty much played like I would in a real battle. However, I think the only reason that was an issue is because TM has some Baton Pass related bug. Most of the time that it uses Baton Pass, it does not bring out the Pokemon it tries to bring out, which is why at the end, it's stuck BPing between Vaporeon and Gliscor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)