Technical Support v2 [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
To resolve, visit the PS! Website, and instead of clicking on “Play!” At the top, just scroll down to the list of servers, select the main server, and now you can play all formats again. :)

A097497A-D016-4A9F-A4C6-F5CC0F5BD2BE.png

Here is where you click.

And now it works:
49A1943E-DEAC-41CE-B736-1EEF35DB9EEC.png

Now it doesn’t say “Connecting” endlessly.

Last edited:
1: Windows 10
2: Google (I don't know the version but it is the latest)
3: I have tried Oprah GX, FireFox, The standalone version, and microsoft edge.
4: this started 2 days ago
5: KookieSmokie
6: When i open the game, everything just says loading. i cant press anything but teambuilder and ladder, but the ladder wont load anything. I can only make teams and refresh to get a new background.

Attachments

1. Windows 10
2. Google Chrome/Desktop Application
3. Google Chrome for Mobile
4. This started shortly after I moved, about a month ago, and got my Wi-Fi set up
5. M3lting
6. So, right after I finally moved, Showdown no longer worked on any of my devices after the wi-fi got set up. I'm near 100% certain that it was a problem with the internet itself, but I've been very hesitant to call them about just this one thing being broken. Everything is stuck loading, as per the image included with the post. Nothing else I've tried on my computer seems to have this issue, and it only happens while I'm connected to wifi. Again, it seems like a problem with the wifi, but I wanted to check here if anyone knew something about this before I try to broker with my internet company and have to wait weeks potentially for something to happen. Thanks in advance!
1600879854339.png

1: Windows 10
2: Google (I don't know the version but it is the latest)
3: I have tried Oprah GX, FireFox, The standalone version, and microsoft edge.
4: this started 2 days ago
5: KookieSmokie
6: When i open the game, everything just says loading. i cant press anything but teambuilder and ladder, but the ladder wont load anything. I can only make teams and refresh to get a new background.
Mine is actually just like this

1. Windows 10
2. Chrome latest
3. Tried MS Edge as well. Problem persists.
4. After I disconnected during a match and tried to reconnect.
5. drivance
6. I'm relatively sure I know the problem: I forgot to turn off my vpn and played a match. I found it was lagging rather badly, so I wanted to disconnect the vpn and reconnect. I now cannot log back in. My actual IP has probably been flagged as a proxy and I have no way to fix it. I cannot log out, or log into another account, the program (web version and downloaded) just keeps infinitely loading. I hope someone can help.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Issue has fixed itself. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Operating Sys: Windows and Android\
Web Browser:All
Have you tried..: Yes
When did this problem start: Got new internet
Your PS Username: TopOfAllWorlds and TotallyNotT3mmie (My newer one I use)
My problem: PS is stuck on loading screen, when I try to log it it cannot connect to a server or something. It works however when I connect via data, but I really don't want to play from my tiny phone screen. ISP is verizon

Last edited:
Operating system: Windows 10
(Web Browser): Opera
(Other Browsers?): Edge
(When did this problem start?): A few days ago
(PS username): BZH-Aleks
(Problem): When I'm trying to enter the website from my browser or the downloaded app, everything is blocked on loading. The same problem happends when I try to use the Damage Calculator. It works when I connect via mobile data but I don't feel confortable doing all these things on mobile. The method shown earlier on this thread isn't working for me.

Browser: Chrome and Firefox
Problem Started: Three Days Ago
Names: IsThatAFuckingBird, IsThatAFuckingDeer, CalyrexKingofGalar, BirdKeeperMordecai

Problem: I like to battle myself often. Suddenly when I open an incognito tab in Showdown under a different name, I will challenge the name I use in the regular tab, however now the challenge doesn't show up. I don't know what could have changed to make this not happen. I have tried this on both my phone and computer, and I am not talking about misspelling my name, reconnecting doesn't help.

(Edit: I found out what the issue was. Recently, I reinstalled Pokemon Showdown, but I kept using the old start menu shortcut to get it. Since I had uninstalled Pokemon Showdown, it was trying to open something that wasnt there. So it was my fault for being a clown. If anyone else makes the same mistake as me, just remove the shortcut for the old Pokemon Showdown and replace it with the new one.)

Sorry if this has been asked before. As of this morning, every time I open showdown for desktop, I get a browser instead of showdown. I can even use the search bar, although some websites will say that the browser is outdated. How can I fix this?
  1. Operating system: Windows 10
  2. Web Browser: None, I'm using the application
  3. Have you tried other browsers? It works on Firefox. I can even type in play.pokemonshowdown.com into the weird browser that appears when I should see Pokemon Showdown after opening the application, and it will bring me to the website.
  4. When did this problem start? This morning
  5. Your PS username: burc
I tried uninstalling Pokemon Showdown and reinstalling it, and it worked. But the next time I opened PS, it started happening again. I don't want to have to uninstall and reinstall every time I play Pokemon Showdown.

This screenshot shows what appears when I open Pokemon Showdown:
1604957569174.png

Last edited:

Aquarius Ghost ❤

Banned deucer.
I'm on 2 accs at the same time.
https://imgur.com/a/FzHeRRp
Here's a screenshot of the ru room trying to help me
Says I'm in a battle where it clearly shows im not
I was pm'd but i cant see there messages
It says join chat, when im clearly logged in -Also when I join chat it forces me to leave the site
Idk whats wrong, but this has been happening to me for the past few days, I'm only allowed to chat in the Ru room for some reason, and I can't see what people Pm me. If someone can help me out that would be greatly appreciated! Also, when ever I go on my phone this doesn't happen to me, but it happens to my Chromebook and my PC.

1.Mobile,Android
2.Chrome
3.Tried on Brave but not supported
4.Whenever the as came up
5.spaglioli
6. There is an animated ad for "we are greeen" which seriously lags out the entirety of showdown for me. It appears on the lobby page and has no option from Google ads to disable it. I have a fairly new phone, an Huawei p10, and this only happens when the particular as comes up.

I don’t know if this is what was meant by reply but here goes:
1. Chrome
2. Firefox and even edge
3. About an hour ago
4. Jae880305
5. I’m having an issue where I can’t join any battles whatsoever, if I challenge a friend it shows up on the left where your battles are listed but doesn’t open a battle window. If I battle a random online it does the same. I’ve refreshed multiple times as instructed by staff, logged out and back in, and eventually restarted my pc, eventually I opened a global ticket and was directed here, please if anyone has or has had the same issue let me know so i can fix it.

1. Windows 10
  2. Chrome, latest version
  3. Yeah, Mozilla Firefox
  4. About a month ago (I'm not a very frequent player)
  5. ARL9000
  6. Every time I finish a game, win or lose, the ladder never updates. I've been playing for a while and still it always shows me the message "Request timeout"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Screenshot_1.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Screenshot_2.png

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
  1. Windows 10
  2. Chrome, latest version
  3. Yeah, Mozilla Firefox
  4. About a month ago (I'm not a very frequent player)
  5. ARL9000
  6. Every time I finish a game, win or lose, the ladder never updates. I've been playing for a while and still it always shows me the message "Request timeout"
    View attachment 299138
    View attachment 299141
From help's rfaq ladderlag:

"Ladder (probably) updated, but score could not be retrieved (Response not received). This is not a bug. It happens due to the ladder database taking too long to respond after updating. Your rank will still update, and you can see your updated ranks with /rank. If the ladder is actually down, there will be an announcement in the room (use /announcement show [in help room] to see.)"

This should apply to that message.

From help's rfaq ladderlag:

"Ladder (probably) updated, but score could not be retrieved (Response not received). This is not a bug. It happens due to the ladder database taking too long to respond after updating. Your rank will still update, and you can see your updated ranks with /rank. If the ladder is actually down, there will be an announcement in the room (use /announcement show [in help room] to see.)"

This should apply to that message.
I already read that but I'm asking for support because I checked the ladder a few days ago and my name wasn't even showing up, like I haven't played any battles (I play Gen 8 random battles)

Has anyone else been having issues with the server lately, more than in the past? I will get disconnected at least once a day, only now, unlike before, I can't even reconnect in time before I am forced to forfeit the match. Have the servers been really shitty for anyone else? I don't think it's my internet connection because everything else I visit works as it always has. Showdown is the only thing I've noticed behave way more poorly lately.

1. Windows 10
2. Chrome
3. No
4. Just now when I tried
5. Sophie_Username
6. I tried putting my name as Sophie_Username on PS because I picked it up yesterday and played until late. I just tried to put in my username to register and it says my username has already been registered so I looked it up and it was my name and it said I registered yesterday, but I didn't register so I'm a bit confused.

Dawn of Ares

Power of Athena!
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
1. Windows 10
2. Chrome
3. No
4. Just now when I tried
5. Sophie_Username
6. I tried putting my name as Sophie_Username on PS because I picked it up yesterday and played until late. I just tried to put in my username to register and it says my username has already been registered so I looked it up and it was my name and it said I registered yesterday, but I didn't register so I'm a bit confused.
Any unregistered name is able to be taken by anyone, so it could've been someone else taking your name after you stopped playing. There isn't really anything you can do about this; just make sure to register your name so that no one else can.

1. Windows 10
2. Chrome
3. Yes, Microsoft Edge. Same problem occurs.
4. 3 days ago
5. d1ngd1ng2
6. Whenever I go on to the site, or the app I all it says is loading on everything except the teambuilder and ladder. It is stuck like that and doesn't load.

Attachments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)