TeddiursaFolk

PokeKids I would feel bad liking your post without helping you out, so I will speculate even though I'm not an expert on Teddiursa, or Animalfolk, or D&D, or animals, or folk

We know that Teddiursa have Guts, so we can assume that Teddiursafolk do too. This is good because they need those to digest honey, which earl noted they probably eat. I think it's also safe to say they like to Gather Honey, and have Quick Feet, which are good because they need to walk around to find honey, and being quick is probably good for getting away from bees. Or Beefolk I guess, I don't really understand this whole animal thing like I said!!!

Also apparently I lied and Teddiursa doesnt get Guts until it grows up, so I guess they cant eat the honey until they're older. Until then they just hoard it, waiting for their big day. Teddiursafolk are kind of sad, but maybe also a little beautiful?

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
Here is a DnD statblock for Teddiursa and Ursaring by Pirate Gonzalez if that's helpful I guess

View attachment 504872
lazy ass design to throw them under 'monstrosity', theyre beasts even by 5e's half-assed standards

So,are Teddiursafolk anthropomorphic?
there are numerous TTRPGs with playable bearpeople, especially including indie publishers, but the answer I can give that's most inside my area of expertise is that of the Uplifted Bear in Starfinder. This is a sci-fantasy game, sure, but it's both reverse-compatible with Pathfinder First Edition and maintains several of its tropes; this makes it close ebough imo.

they have largely the same physiologies as standard bears, but have been altered by a long-forgotten force of some kind in two ways: to have bipedal capabilities like humanoids including manual dexterity, and to have telapathy (seriously). their size category is Large, perhaps putting the default assumption closer to Ursaringfolk, but it's a very reasonable houserule to play as a smaller Teddiursafolk in space instead.

Hope this helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)