Invalid Test Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like there to be a way to test your Pokemon against a specific team! What if there was an actual way to do that?

We can already test teams against other players. But not every player wants to test your team. Let alone with a specific team of theirs. And the only way to test a specific team is to get another device. Which not everyone can afford.

So you know how you can create a team of Pokemon with a specific Moveset? What if you could create an enemy team to test against? And not only that, but you could give them specific items, abilities, movesets, levels, genders, and EVs just like you would your own team!

Let's say for example, you want to see if it's possible to beat a Salazle with a Male Salandit. You have your Salandit all set up, but now you want to test it on a Salazle! Well, you can with a test battle!

And how an actual battle would go, you can choose what move the enemy team makes to test what you think would happen, or have a computer pick the moves to simulate a real battle.

Some people might use this to climb up the ladder. So disable the ladder during a test battle.

I would really like to see Test Battles in the game so you can test your team against a specific threat without bothering other people, or buying another device. And it would even be useful for YouTube videos as well, if you wanted to make a Pokemon Skit. That would be amazing!

Thanks! That's so cool!

But I can see one potential problem. People could lose on the Incognito Tab on Purpose, just to get higher on the ladder. Maybe disable the Ladder in Incognito Mode.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Thanks! That's so cool!

But I can see one potential problem. People could lose on the Incognito Tab on Purpose, just to get higher on the ladder. Maybe disable the Ladder in Incognito Mode.
Thats not how that works at all.
First of all challenge matches don't count for ELO.
Second we cannot detect when your using private browsing or not.
Third we don't allow accounts on the same IP (such as a browser and private window on the same device) to be matched up on the ladder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)