The 1v1 Metagame [Focus Sash is Unbanned]

Focus Sash

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I've been laddering a lot lately and I can attest to badals statement: it isn't that great and has not impacted the meta much.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Suspect Voting details

Suspect Voting
Method

Options:
- Win one of the 1v1 Tournaments held on Pokémon Online in the Beta Server, the winners of tournaments will be posted here. So claim here for the position to vote if you do want to vote.
- Post your highest ladder ranking along with a screenshot for proof, if you're doing this, then along with this post why you should be allowed to vote.

The voting will start on 25th of September, if all goes according to plan

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Kingdra @ Lum Berry | 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe > Kingdra @ Focus Sash | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe, I have won a higher percentage of games without Focus Sash, and in two of three tournaments I have won, I wasn't running it either. As a matter of fact, ever since Sash is allowed, the lower percentage of Porygon-Z's (which are auto-loses to non-Sash Kingdra) has actually helped me. So yeah, I like the metagame with Sash.

Also, since I have won three 1v1 tournaments, do I get three votes, or are they non-cumulative?

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Kingdra @ Lum Berry | 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe > Kingdra @ Focus Sash | 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe, I have won a higher percentage of games without Focus Sash, and in two of three tournaments I have won, I wasn't running it either. As a matter of fact, ever since Sash is allowed, the lower percentage of Porygon-Z's (which are auto-loses to non-Sash Kingdra) has actually helped me. So yeah, I like the metagame with Sash.

Also, since I have won three 1v1 tournaments, do I get three votes, or are they non-cumulative?
non-cumulative. You have only 1

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
The applicants can apply now.

You can post the screenshots here in this thread

All applicants' submission will be reviewed.
The participants in the voting will be announced on the 25th of September (GMT+5.5)

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

I reached over 1100 on the ladder, and I won a tour, it's not on PO forums cause it's 8 men (badal was hosting it). I have laddered a bit, and some pokemon were sashed. I have been battling in other tiers for quite long, too.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Uh, I won three 1v1 tours after Sash was implemented and peaked the ladder with a rating of 1108 (I can provide a screenshot if necessary). Anything else I need to do?

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Uh, I won three 1v1 tours after Sash was implemented and peaked the ladder with a rating of 1108 (I can provide a screenshot if necessary). Anything else I need to do?
If you've won a tournament, you get a vote, so you don't need to post a screenshot.
I'll be putting up a list of people who qualify as voters, soon.

Perhaps it should be becuase it grants an unfair advantage.
It should be? What should be?
And if you're talking about the focus sash, you can't vote because you haven't won a tournament or haven't posted a screenshot. And the voting hasn't started.

*oh manav*

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Voters
-Aquamd[CA]
-Alex Walls
-Irpachuza
-Kizzie
-Alice
-Chatot
-Luck>Skill
-[BooM]chippymunk
-kokoloko
-[Imperial]Vogon
-Ruben
-Shawn Frost [1v1]
-Abacab
-rfranklinz
-Whereabouts Unknown
-Modest Mewtwo
-Biscuits
-SuperScizor
-MagicStars
-DJ Pistachio
-En Fuego
-Karppi
-HSOWA
-XxMewxX
-oneballjay
-[1v1]Badal23
-LinIsKorean
-Ferrouswheel

28 voters. You can claim here in this thread. The poll will be going up soon. make sure to think before voting in the poll.

italics=
claimed
underlined+italics=
claimed and voted
The fate of the 1v1 metagame lies in the hands of these 28 people

I am [1v1] Badal23

Voters
-Aquamd[CA]
-Alex Walls
-Irpachuza
-Kizzie
-Alice
-Chatot
-Luck>Skill
-[BooM]chippymunk
-kokoloko
-[Imperial]Vogon
-Ruben
-Shawn Frost [1v1]
-Abacab
-rfranklinz
-Whereabouts Unknown
-Modest Mewtwo
-Biscuits
-SuperScizor
-MagicStars
-DJ Pistachio
-En Fuego
-Karppi
-HSOWA
-XxMewxX
-[1v1]Badal23
-LinIsKorean
-Ferrouswheel

Posting here to claim spot in voting. I bolded my name on the list.

Voters
-Aquamd[CA]
-Alex Walls
-Irpachuza
-Kizzie
-Alice
-Chatot
-Luck>Skill
-[BooM]chippymunk
-kokoloko
-[Imperial]Vogon
-Ruben
-Shawn Frost [1v1]
-Abacab
-rfranklinz
-Whereabouts Unknown
-Modest Mewtwo
-Biscuits
-SuperScizor
-MagicStars
-DJ Pistachio
-En Fuego
-Karppi
-HSOWA
-XxMewxX
-[1v1]Badal23
-LinIsKorean
-Ferrouswheel

Posting here to claim spot in voting

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Quick Note: Voting without claiming will not help, since I won't know its you, so remember to claim

Voters
-Aquamd[CA]
-Alex Walls
-Irpachuza
-Kizzie
-Alice
-Chatot
-Luck>Skill
-[BooM]chippymunk
-kokoloko
-[Imperial]Vogon
-Ruben
-Shawn Frost [1v1]
-Abacab
-rfranklinz
-Whereabouts Unknown
-Modest Mewtwo
-Biscuits
-SuperScizor
-MagicStars
-DJ Pistachio
-En Fuego
-Karppi
-HSOWA
-XxMewxX
-[1v1]Badal23
-LinIsKorean
-Ferrouswheel

27 voters. You can claim here in this thread. The poll will be going up soon. make sure to think before voting in the poll.

The fate of the 1v1 metagame lies in the hands of these 27 people

I am [1v1] Badal23

Posting here to claim vote. And so far from what I've seen, the sash doesn't make the tier unbalanced

oops.

I think that i should be allowed to vote on this matter because i have been playing 1v1 since it was first implimented on PO. I have seen how minor changes have effected the current metagame. The 1v1 tier is a personal favorite of mine, and I would like my openion herd on what is or isn't allowed in the tier. However, I was so caught up in other projects i forgot to post this here. I understand i did not follow protocall, and if anybody is opposed to me voting so be it. If not please consider what i have to say.
Thanks

Irpachuza

You didn't get this far by giving up, did you?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
Random Battle Lead
Voters
-Aquamd[CA]
-Alex Walls
-Irpachuza
-Kizzie
-Alice
-Chatot
-Luck>Skill
-[BooM]chippymunk
-kokoloko
-[Imperial]Vogon
-Ruben
-Shawn Frost [1v1]
-Abacab
-rfranklinz
-Whereabouts Unknown
-Modest Mewtwo
-Biscuits
-SuperScizor
-MagicStars
-DJ Pistachio
-En Fuego
-Karppi
-HSOWA
-XxMewxX
-oneballjay
-[1v1]Badal23
-LinIsKorean
-Ferrouswheel

Claiming my vote

Voters
-Aquamd[CA]
-Alex Walls
-Irpachuza
-Kizzie
-Alice
-Chatot
-Luck>Skill
-[BooM]chippymunk
-kokoloko
-[Imperial]Vogon
-Ruben
-Shawn Frost [1v1]
-Abacab
-rfranklinz
-Whereabouts Unknown
-Modest Mewtwo
-Biscuits
-SuperScizor
-MagicStars
-DJ Pistachio
-En Fuego
-Karppi
-HSOWA
-XxMewxX
-oneballjay
-[1v1]Badal23
-LinIsKorean
-Ferrouswheel

I am who I am.

I'm not a voter, but as you can see by my signature, I'm a very avid player of 1v1, and I find that focus sash imbalances the metagame to the point where ~50% of the sets and items used are countercoat-protect-sash, which ruins the variety usually seen in the metagame.

BTW please ignore my vote, i voted before I read everything.

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Voted
Guys please do post if you have voted or claim if your names on the list. I'll probably give this a few more days

Voters
-Aquamd[CA]
-Alex Walls
-Irpachuza
-Kizzie
-Alice
-Chatot
-Luck>Skill
-[BooM]chippymunk
-kokoloko
-[Imperial]Vogon
-Ruben
-Shawn Frost [1v1]
-Abacab
-rfranklinz
-Whereabouts Unknown
-Modest Mewtwo
-Biscuits
-SuperScizor
-MagicStars
-DJ Pistachio
-En Fuego
-Karppi
-HSOWA
-XxMewxX
-oneballjay
-[1v1]Badal23
-LinIsKorean
-Ferrouswheel

28 voters. You can claim here in this thread. The poll will be going up soon. make sure to think before voting in the poll.

italics=
claimed
underlined+italics=
claimed and voted
The fate of the 1v1 metagame lies in the hands of these 28 people

I am [1v1] Badal23

I am claiming my vote as EnFuego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)