the best 15-min UU team you ever did see

so, up until a few days ago i had never played a UU battle, but due to a tourny coming up i was forced to have to create teams, watch, and practice UU battles. after seeing a good number of UU battle i decided it was time to make my own team. heres how it went down...

My Team At A Glance:

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Purugly (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Fake Out
- Hypnosis
- U-turn
- Return

fantastic lead. i weaken my enemy with fake out and then either u-turn or hypnosis depending on what I'm up against. return is there for STAB but can deal a pretty hard blow to those slower then purugly.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Primeape (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch

my speedy power house. i dont know if CC is strong enough to OHKO a steelix but with spikes up i think it is.

Grumpig (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Own Tempo
EVs: 252 HP/236 Spd/20 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

standard SubCM Grumpig. can come in off of purugly's hypnosis and set up. hp [bug] allows me to hit things like hypno, meganium, and other special walls hard. steelix wont mind coming in on either of my attacks but after a few CMs then he might get a little worried.

Poliwrath (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
- Substitute
- Ice Punch
- Brick Break
- Bulk Up

another possible reciever of u-turn. subs on the switch and bulks up.

Kangaskhan (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Early Bird
EVs: 252 HP/128 Def/128 SDef
- Wish
- Protect
- Return
- Earthquake

once toxic spikes are up kangaskhan will stall the opponate to death. wish protect allows me to weaken them until i can pick them off with a STAB return or an EQ. wish also provide support for others switching in.

Cloyster (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP/56 Def/200 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Surf
- Rapid Spin

my defensive wall. its primary goal is to get two layers of toxic spikes and three layers of spikes out, but thats not always possible. if i can get one or the other then it will significantly help the team as a hole. surf can take out steelix before it does serious damage and rapid spin it there just in case.

thanks for reading! just a reminder, I'm pretty new to UU so if there's any glaring weaknesses i skipped over then please point them out.

Wait, so you're running a Toxic Spiker, an additional Toxic user, AND two Hypnosis users? Do you get where I'm going with this? I'd probably say, ditch the Hypno and use like a bulky Wish Kangaskhan, who can help the whole team out while still doing a good amount of damage.

I also wouldn't mind a Poliwrath over Quagsire, as Crawdaunt and Sharpedo seems to be a bitch so at least Poli will resist its STAB moves. Poli is quite bulky as well and regains that Water Absorb so its not a big loss.

Wait, so you're running a Toxic Spiker, an additional Toxic user, AND two Hypnosis users? Do you get where I'm going with this? I'd probably say, ditch the Hypno and use like a bulky Wish Kangaskhan, who can help the whole team out while still doing a good amount of damage.

I also wouldn't mind a Poliwrath over Quagsire, as Crawdaunt and Sharpedo seems to be a bitch so at least Poli will resist its STAB moves. Poli is quite bulky as well and regains that Water Absorb so its not a big loss.

i see what you saying. i guess i had a bit of a stall team in mind with quag and cloyster. i guess wish, protect, return, earthquake on kangas? i picked the bulk up version of poliwrath.

One thing about UU a lot of people don't realize is that toxic spikes are BAD. There are a ton of poison pokemon going around compared to OU and most of them are damn common (nidoking, toxicroak, qwilfish, muk to name a few). It sucks to spend 2 turns setting up the toxic spikes and then all it takes is for your opponent to switch in a pokemon to remove them.

I would consider ice beam on cloyster or even ice shard for a good priority attack. Alternatively, you could just replace cloyster with another defensive pokemon that uses stealth rocks which is by far more effective in UU than spikes or toxic spikes. It limits the amount of switch ins from some key threats like swellow and scyther which your team can't really wall.

Give Kanghaskhan Scrappy over Early Bird since you don't use Rest, so you hit Ghost types.

Give Purugly and Grumpig Thick Fat so it can switch in more often.

Try a Claydol with: @ Leftovers

Relaxed

252 HP/ 136 Def/ 120 SpA

Ice Beam
SRocks
Earthquake
Rapid Spin

Use him because he is immune to Spikes, Toxic Spikes, gets Rapid Spin and has access to Ice Beam. He also resists SRock, which is a plus, so he doesn't mind switching in, while he sets up his own SRock which is good to kill Bug/Flying types.

Also, having Levtitate provides another useful Immunity to your team.

And although he has many weaknesses all you have to do is switch:

Primeape / Poliwrath resist Bug/Dark moves.

Kanghaskhan /Purugly is immune to Shadow Ball/Claw.

Poliwrath / (Thick Fat) Grumpig / (Thick Fat) Purugly all resist Ice Beam.

Poliwrath is immune to Water because it has Water Absorb.

So you have Claydol's Weaknesses covered.

Claydol also helps provide a Fighting, Rock, Psychic, Electric resist.

Use Thick Fat for Purugly and Grumpig.

Scrappy on Kangaskhan.

Explosion > Toxic Spikes on Cloyster or Ice Shard to deal with some fast Grass/Flying types (Hint: Swellow and Jumpluff), Toxic Spikes are absolutely worthless in UU due to how many things are immune to them.

Oh I forgot, I guess he could keep Wish+Protect then.

He could also replace Grumpig with a Hypno (whom gets Wish) as the special tank, give Kanghaskhan Scrappy, scrap Wish+Protect (pun intended), and make it a sweeper. But that might be changing the team too much.

For now, just replace Cloyster with Claydol with the set I gave you in my previous post above.

And give Grumpig/Purugly Thick Fat.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)