The Best Attack in Gen IV

What is the best move in Gen IV

• Total voters
Stealth Rock is the best by far. It helps both styles of teams. Although stall isn't getting better because gen 4 revolved around those attackers on steroids. Stuff like Gengar and BP Scizor made stall more unreliable than in Gen 3. In Gen 3, stall didn't need to have all these walls besides SkarmBliss to block attackers. In Gen 4, with Skarmbliss no longer as viable, stall is now forced to carry other walls to be viable.

Um, what exactly does that have to do with the best move?

I think it's pretty obviously Stealth Rock, since every tier has a bunch of it. When you're making a team, you don't really think about "what if they have a U-Turner" since those can't do too much. When you make a team you always have a worry about Stealth Rock.

If we're talking about ya know, attack attacks, then Draco Meteor wins by far. This move opened up mixed sets for many Pokemon, and tore down the metagame with its fiery rage. If Dragons weren't the superior type already, this move sealed the deal.

stealth rock is a rock-type move that deals 12.5% (resistance/weakness modified) percent damage to any pokemon without magic guard that switches in

Out of this list I would say spore. Although stealth rock is a close second. Let's not forget many Pokemon do not have access to Spore where as a large amount of Pokemon use stealth rock.

Yes but for Spore to be the best attack it must be available to a lot of pokemon. Spore is only available on Breloom and Paresect, so to counter Breloom (Parasect....lol). One would prefer to carry a Fire move somewhere. If Spore was available on more pokemon with different types then it would probably be the best move.
Stealth Rock is the only reason why Ho-oh isnt as used as it can be. Its the reason why Charizard isnt in BL/OU. Its the damn freaking reason, why Regice is a failure and Articuno is a no-no

I voted for Stealth Rock along with the other 553+ people because I personally use Stealth Rock for every competitive team I make and can't imagine how pokemon will be like without it.

Stealth is IMO obviously the best attack,we could even say that all Gen 4 revolved around it.
it defined overcentralization without ever being considered for a ban. Every calc was pretty much made with it in mind, it nerfed entire types.

i went with u-turn...i believe it was the most important move to have in 4th generation as it easily allowed you to scout the opponent's team and regain momentum...it also hits key types for super effective damage and alongside bullet punch alloewd scizor to dominate the metagame(in addition to great typing...)...i won't disagree that stealth rock is also really important(i can't remember a single team of mine without that move) but i just can't bypass the usefulness of u-turn...

Spore is an awesome move. This thread appears to be about moves themselves more than the users. So Spore would be awesome but I admit you can see one from a mile away. Second is U-turn, because if you spam it it's just awesome (until the opponent catches on).

I vote for Spore. If more Pokemon could actually learn this move, I think that it would become extremely popular and have a major impact on the metagame. Unfortunately, Spore's usefulness is limited by its lack of many viable users.

I vote for Spore. If more Pokemon could actually learn this move, I think that it would become extremely popular and have a major impact on the metagame. Unfortunately, Spore's usefulness is limited by its lack of many viable users.
It's lack of usefulness is just GameFreak's way of letting us know, "Yeah, Spore is great, but we hate you all so no one gets to use it."

My original thought was stealth rock based on the whole it centralizing the metagame. But then I got to thinking about spore and 100% hit chance sleep is a pretty powerful thing

Stealth Rock is probably the best. However, Close Combat and Draco Meteor are so useful its unbelievable. Look back at 3rd gen, some fighting types and dragon types had pretty awful options and just like that they get the most potent attacks in the game!

I went with Taunt. Stealth Rock shaped the game but Taunt could stop any move but U Turn on that list. So many people used fast and frail pokemon as the lead simply for stopping the other teams set up with Taunt and then quickly using SR.
Not only that, but it could stop lots of sets cold. Blissey was hindered greatly by Taunt, Foretress could be stopped, and a whole bunch of other walls had to carry at least one attack just so they didnt become Taunt bait. It also wrecked baton pass teams.

Taunt really was a pretty powerful move if you think about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)