The Bulky Offense Mega-Venusaur Team!

Well, for one, azumarill laughs at mega special lucario, and mega special lucario typically can't run priority, so it's easy to work around with scarf genesect and band azumarill.

first of all, most special lucarios carry vacuum wave, which is a STAB priority special move. Secondly, azumarill can't switch in on a lucario, as it gets 2HKO'd by a flash cannon, and only does 50% back with aqua jet

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Lucario: 133-157 (47.3 - 55.8%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO

after a +2 boost, it's GG for azumarill, with even aura sphere doing 60%

+2 252 SpA Adaptability Mega Lucario Aura Sphere vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Azumarill: 221-260 (54.7 - 64.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Sadly enough, Scarfrachi hasn't been doing well. It gets walled very easily and I can't seem to benefit from the huge flinch chance. Are there any other suggestions to replace Genesect?

Sadly enough, Scarfrachi hasn't been doing well. It gets walled very easily and I can't seem to benefit from the huge flinch chance. Are there any other suggestions to replace Genesect?
Nothing can replace genesect. It just does a job so specifically, and so well, that no other pokemon would ever fathom to take its place. Sorry, but that's' the facts of pokemon.

Nothing can replace genesect. It just does a job so specifically, and so well, that no other pokemon would ever fathom to take its place. Sorry, but that's' the facts of pokemon.
I'll just wait until the verdict on Genesect has been reached. I could try to use a CB Scizor and see how that turns out. Thanks for relying.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Hey there. Don't have long so this will be short:

What is Blaze Kick doing on Genesect, ESPECIALLY when Roost LO KyuB is the hugest threat to this team ever, especially if it's partnered with something like M-Pinsir. You need to use IRON HEAD. Also, iirc, Landorus-T doesn't hit 264 speed with what you have (but I may be mistaken) but you need to hit 264 to outrun like Scarf Latios iirc so you'll need to adjust that.

Solid team otherwise. GL.

I recommend 28 spA ev's on rotom-w to guarantee 0HKO on gliscor so it doesn't toxic stall if you want to save chesto berry, and the absence of 28 def ev's is unnoticed. Blaze kick on genesect for a guaranteed 2HKO on the bulky spinner excadrill set, while flamethrower isn't a guaranteed 2HKO because blaze kick gets the download boost from most excadrill, specially defensive jirachi likewise is guaranteed 2HKO'd. Metagross is never seen, but +1 tbolt is guaranteed 2HKO. If you don't want ferrothorn to live a fire type move however, use flamethrower as it almost always gets the download boost. Additional attack ev's can be used as well.

Because of Game Freak 28 EVs will no longer cut it.

Personally, I like Ancient Power over HP Ice on Heatran. Ancient Power catches a lot of things off guard and enables him to OHKO Talonflame and Charizard-Y. HP Ice really isn't needed as long as you keep your Genesect alive.

Calm_Mind_Latias Just curious, what do you mean the 28 SpA EVs on Rotom won't cut it anymore? Did something change?

Personally, I like Ancient Power over HP Ice on Heatran. Ancient Power catches a lot of things off guard and enables him to OHKO Talonflame and Charizard-Y. HP Ice really isn't needed as long as you keep your Genesect alive.

Calm_Mind_Latias Just curious, what do you mean the 28 SpA EVs on Rotom won't cut it anymore? Did something change?
Hydro Pump nerf. I remember 28 EVs were enough to KO a Gliscor uninvested in Special Def.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)