The CAP Kitchen: Non-Competitive Discussion Goes Here

The stats have been put on the main post, and do we want to do shinies for every single alolan cap? I just have to know for formatting the main post. Cool Shades the Kid I guess we can do that but then what to do with it's type.

What about Malaconda's Pre-evo Brattler.
It can stay the same typing as its evolution I would think.

also dex entry for snuglow

Snuglow the tide rider pokemon

Sun: Snuglow may be weak but It can still out speed It's pretadors In the sea which makes it not have to worry to much about dying.

Moon: Snuglow can be seen swimming chasing each other as a fun game, but when they get too far off plasmantas out speed them and bring them back to their den.

If you cannot already tell my intentions who ever makes the stats for plasmanta's/snugglow's stats should make it be fast.

Last edited:
Crucibelle can have regenerator and multiescale, and adaptability the hidden ability

after mega-envolve remplace his ability for adaptability

all shinys (and no shinys)
AUROMOH SH.png
frontnormal-maurumoth.png
frontnormal-mfidgit sh.png
frontnormal-mfidgit.png
frontnormal-mkitsunoh sh.png
frontnormal-mkitsunoh.png
frontnormal-mmalaconda shy.png
frontnormal-mmalaconda.png
frontnormal-mnecturine sh.png
frontnormal-mnecturine.png
frontnormal-mnecturna sh.png
frontnormal-mnecturna.png
frontnormal-mplasmanta sh.png
frontnormal-mplasmanta.png
frontnormal-mstratagem sh.png
frontnormal-mstratagem.png
frontnormal-msyclant sh.png
frontnormal-msyclant.png
frontshiny-fmollux sh.png
frontshiny-fmollux.png
Nohface sh.png
Nohface.png
rattler sh.png
rattler.png
snugglow shiny.png
snuglow.png
front-mcrucibelle-mega alola shiny.png
front-mcrucibelle-mega alola.png
frontnormal-mcrucibelle-base alola shiny.png
frontnormal-mcrucibelle-base alola.png

Last edited:
I've been without internet for the last few weeks (outside of phone), and have only just completed Sun.

Of the existing CAPS that we have, what are some of the most notable effects you've seen from the new generation?

Z-Belly Drum on Cawmodore gives it a heal option out of the same slot, Z-Parting Shot makes Kerfluffle even better at the switching (at the expense of its otherwise Life Orb reliant damage), and Naviathan gets Z-Splash for +3 Attack.

snake_rattler

Bold to assume that I won't have the last laugh...
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
I've been without internet for the last few weeks (outside of phone), and have only just completed Sun.

Of the existing CAPS that we have, what are some of the most notable effects you've seen from the new generation?

Z-Belly Drum on Cawmodore gives it a heal option out of the same slot, Z-Parting Shot makes Kerfluffle even better at the switching (at the expense of its otherwise Life Orb reliant damage), and Naviathan gets Z-Splash for +3 Attack.
Hi, since this thread is for non-competitive discussion, this question would be much better suited for this thread:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/sm-cap-metagame-discussion.3587865/

snake_rattler

I have come with the first FlashCAP of Gen 7!

Art by HeaLnDeaL (link: http://imgur.com/AaAaAwu)
upload_2016-12-29_1-52-29.png
Name: Chisphera (by Areidis [PS! name])
TL: snake_rattler
Typing: Fighting / Psychic
Abilities: Contrary / Stamina | HA: Telepathy
Stats (by LucarioOfLegends): 105 HP / 70 Atk / 80 Def / 70 SpA / 80 SpD / 70 Spe | BST 475

Wind-Up Fighter: A Pokemon that starts out sub-average, but while staying on the field, it will get stronger and stronger, either defensively or offensively by use of attacks, items, or ability. (by Ria)

Assessment: Power Trip / Stored Power + Stat Boosts
Chisphera @ Life Orb / Leftovers / Darkium Z / Psychium Z
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower / Close Combat
- Power Trip
- Zen Headbutt / Gunk Shot / Ice Punch
- Recover

Chisphera @ Leftovers / Psychium Z
Ability: Stamina
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Recover
- Stored Power / Extrasensory
- Focus Blast / Moonblast
1: Scratch
5: Confusion
9: Vacuum Wave
13: Taunt
18: Psybeam
22: Slash
26: Aura Sphere
31: Recover
35: Extrasensory
39: Sacred Sword
44: Calm Mind
48: Stored Power
48: Power Trip
52: Psycho Cut
57: Moonblast
61: Zen Headbutt
65: Superpower
65: Close Combat
Egg Group: Field (all can be learned from Exploud or Infernape)
Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Hammer Arm, Mach Punch, Gunk Shot
TM01: Work Up
TM02: Dragon Claw
TM04: Calm Mind
TM05: Roar
TM06: Toxic
TM10: Hidden Power
TM11: Sunny Day
TM12: Taunt
TM15: Hyper Beam
TM17: Protect
TM18: Rain Dance
TM21: Frustration
TM26: Return
TM30: Shadow Ball
TM31: Brick Break
TM32: Double Team
TM40: Aerial Ace
TM41: Torment
TM42: Facade
TM42: Flame Charge
TM44: Rest
TM45: Attract
TM46: Thief
TM47: Low Sweep
TM48: Round
TM49: Echoed Voice
TM52: Focus Blast
TM54: False Swipe
TM57: Charge Beam
TM59: Brutal Swing
TM64: Explosion
TM65: Shadow Claw
TM67: Smart Strike
TM68: Giga Impact
TM71: Bulldoze
TM81: X-Scissor
TM84: Poison Jab
TM94: Surf
TM95: Snarl
TM99: Dazzling Gleam
TM100: Confide
Sun: Chisphera attacks its enemies with unrelenting Fighting-type attacks, which strengthens its Power Trip. It learns to trust its trainer gradually.

Moon: A product of the Type: Full project in the Aether Paradise, Chisphera escaped laboratory using its Stored Power. It trains through the night in meditation.

(by snake_rattler)

While I think its stats are too low to function well in the current CAP Metagame, and while there were a lot of bumps along the way, I think this FlashCAP fulfills this concept pretty well. We could have gone down the Beast Boost/Moxie/Soul Heart/Speed Boost route, but people because enthusiastic about the prospect of Stored Power and Power Trip. By choosing Stored Power, Power Trip, and Contrary early, we were able to have not just one but two viable abilities, the second being Stamina. This allowed us to run an offensive booster utilizing Contrary Superpower or Close Combat, while using Power Trip as a powerful coverage move, or a defensive booster utilizing Calm Mind to boost and Stored Power as a primary Psychic-type STAB (Extrasensory was decided to be the next best STAB move), while also having Stamina to increase Defense as well. Overall, we came out on top with a fine, versatile product that, while not too threatening in the metagame due to its stats (the stat bias is correct, just they're too low imo), it fulfills sufficiently our concept in creative ways.

Last edited:
I would like to continue that. I was not part of it, but i heard about it and it sounded fun.

Does anybody want to continue the alolan cap project, twas fun and I miss it quite a bit.
I wish they add alolan CAPs to PS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay awesome we still have a few more stats and dex entries to work on but the main thing I think we should start on are move pools, we have been procrastinating it quite a bit but we still should pull it together to make them.
(when i think of a move pool I will edit it onto here.)

snake_rattler

Hi guys, I don't mean to be a stick in the mud, but you guys making "Alolan CAPs", talking back and forth bouncing small ideas, really clutters up the thread. It's awesome that you guys want to work on a mini-project like this, but I recommend you find another way of fleshing out your ideas (Skype, discord, etc.) and then making a longer post showing off what you guys have done. It could be similar to how we did the recent flashCAP; we used a medium other than this thread to develop it and then made a final product post.

Good idea, just two questions, can I use conversations to work on the alolan caps? Additionally when things have been created can i add them to the main post with the alolan caps here in the thread?

HeaLnDeaL

Talk to me about your dining tables
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Do not use this thread as a discussion thread for the creation of Pokemon. Do not post personal fakemon creations in this thread, including Alolan CAPs. The only Alolan CAPs that will be allowed to be posted are ones generated by the community in a recognized CAP chat such as PS or IRC or in the future possibly Discord. Having a closed conversation will not be allowed; the chat method must be open to the community and recognized as being CAP official.

The Alolan banter has derailed this thread far enough and it's time for it to stop, sorry.

snake_rattler

FlashCAP2 of Gen7 is here!

Art by Reigaheres (link: http://imgur.com/a/VvhlS)
upload_2017-2-26_0-40-33.png
Name: Elktrolysis (by boxofkangaroos)
TL: snake_rattler
Typing: Ice / Electric
Abilities: Snow Warning / Slush Rush | HA: Snow Cloak
Stats (by Agile Turtle): 75 HP / 75 Atk / 105 Def / 124 SpA / 95 SpD / 106 Spe | 580 BST

HAIL MON. mon tht does a magical SOMETHING with hail (by HeaLnDeaL)

Assessment: (credit to Agile Turtle for the language) A Pokemon that has three sets: "one for where it sets hail for other abusers or teammates, one for where it has a teammate that sets it, and one for where it sets up hail to abuse it itself."

Threatlist + Other Stuff:
Checks: Tyranitar / Mamoswine / Offensive Steel-types
Counters: Defensive Fire-types, Specially Defensive Steel-types, Chansey
Beats: Pokemon hit super-effectively, Weather Setters bar Hail and Tyranitar, Ground-types
Supports: Ninetales-A, Syclant, Krilowatt, Sandslash-A, Kyurem-B, the bear thing
Aurora Veil Support
FlashCAP2 @ Light Clay / Life Orb / Icy Rock
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch / Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ground / Surf / Thunderbolt / Freeze Dry

Hail Setter
FlashCAP2 @ Life Orb / Icy Rock
Ability: Slush Rush
Timid Nature
- Hail
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Surf / Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Fire / Freeze Dry

Hail Abuser
FlashCAP2 @ Life Orb / Choice Specs
Ability: Slush Rush
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ground / Surf / Freeze Dry

THE BLIDDARD
FlashCAP2 @ Choice Specs / Life Orb
Ability: Snow Warning
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Volt Switch
- Surf
- Thunderbolt / Hidden Power Fire / Hidden Power Ground
1: Thunder Shock
1: Growl
1: Powder Snow
5: Powder Snow
9: Headbutt
13: Shock Wave
18: Charge
22: Icy Wind
26: Hail
31: Discharge
35: Freeze Dry
39: Aurora Veil
44: Wild Charge
48: Thunderbolt
52: Blizzard
57: Head Charge
61: Zap Cannon
65: Sheer Cold
TM05: Roar
TM06: Toxic
TM07: Hail
TM10: Hidden Power
TM12: Taunt
TM14: Blizzard
TM15: Hyper Beam
TM16: Light Screen
TM17: Protect
TM20: Safeguard
TM21: Frustration
TM24: Thunderbolt
TM27: Return
TM32: Double Team
TM33: Reflect
TM40: Aerial Ace
TM41: Torment
TM42: Facade
TM44: Rest
TM45: Attract
TM48: Round
TM49: Echoed Voice
TM57: Charge Beam
TM66: Payback
TM67: Smart Strike
TM68: Giga Impact
TM70: Aurora Veil
TM72: Volt Switch
TM73: Thunder Wave
TM77: Psych Up
TM79: Frost Breath
TM81: X-Scissor
TM87: Swagger
TM88: Sleep Talk
TM90: Substitute
TM91: Flash Cannon
TM93: Wild Charge
TM94: Surf
TM95: Snarl
TM96: Nature Power
TM100: Confide
No Egg Group
Sun: Living in the coldest tundras, this Pokemon calls upon massive thunderstorms and blizzards to build up its incredible power.
Moon: One of four legendary Pokemon. Its horns are made entirely of ice, and touching them can freeze a person solid.

As my second round of FlashCAP TL, I think this one turned out a lot better than the first (even though Chisphera turned out pretty good too)! In the beginning we wanted to have a non-Ice-type to have better type synergy with Ninetales-A, but in the end the allure of accurate Blizzards and lack of hazard damage netted us an Ice-type, and Electric typing serves as a powerful Secondary STAB. Abilities were mostly straight forward; the only other one that had any merit was Storm Drain but Snow Warning / Slush Rush won. Much like Chisphera, each of its two abilities allows different sets to work. For example, Snow Warning act as a Hail setter and allows it to use Aurora Veil, or it can run an AOA set as a standalone team member. On the other hand, Slush Rush allows it to act as a Hail abuser, taking advantage of its own Hail through the move or with Ninetales-A support. Again, similar to Chisphera, to allow the concept to flourish best, I found it for the best to disallow Ice Beam so that it has to capitalize on Blizzard. Overall, this would be a powerful addition to the CAP Metagame if this were a full fledged CAP with decent bulk, high special attack, good speed tier, unpredictability of sets, unique team support through Aurora Veil, nice offensive coverage, and pivoting using Volt Switch. Well done to everyone who participated!

Last edited:
snake_rattler Damn, I missed another one. I really enjoy the concept behind this Flash CAP. It's nice to see that it's a sub-Legendary, and it's an Ice/Electric-type to boot.

I'm also looking forward to the canon CAP 23.

Reiga

im dying squirtle
is a Top Artist
Its not one of my favorite designs per se, but doing an Ice/Electric mon was quite the challenge, so I'm glad the moose was well received. I didn't think of it as a Legendary while designing it, but it fits quite well with other 580 BST legendaries like the Legendary Dogcathamsterbeasts and the Swords of Justice!

Overall very fun Flash CAP, and the first one where I was actually not almost asleep when it came up, so cheers.

LucarioOfLegends

Real Life Schrodinger's Cat
is a CAP Contributor
Note how it is stated to have three other legendaries with it. Someday... the others will be formed. The other weather mooses.

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
Fire/Electric, Water/Electric, and Rock/Electric... honestly it would be cool to see mons that could act as setters or abusers for each weather type. I could see them as a legendary quartet, like the swords of justice. Maybe not all meese, but all mammals with those cool lightning bolt patterns.

EDIT: They can be the deities of different biomes or ecosystems. That's something I don't think we've seen yet, and that would be an interesting concept. Sun for the prairie, Water for the jungle, and Rock for the desert.

Last edited:

Agile Turtle

formerly aqueous tortoise
Fire/Electric, Water/Electric, and Rock/Electric... honestly it would be cool to see mons that could act as setters or abusers for each weather type. I could see them as a legendary quartet, like the swords of justice. Maybe not all meese, but all mammals with those cool lightning bolt patterns.

EDIT: They can be the deities of different biomes or ecosystems. That's something I don't think we've seen yet, and that would be an interesting concept. Sun for the prairie, Water for the jungle, and Rock for the desert.
Nah man gotta be a Fire/Grass moose with Drought and Chlorophyll, a Water/Flying moost with Drizzle and Swift Swim, and a Rock/Ground moose with Sand Stream and Sand Rush. At that's what a few of us decided last night.

We just gotta rig the next 3 flashCAPs ;)

Also I'm firelights btw

LucarioOfLegends

Real Life Schrodinger's Cat
is a CAP Contributor
That's what I like about CAP. It takes itself seriously, but not too seriously.

Also a cool signature move for the weather mooses would be a move called Storm Horn, which changes type based on weather, so its a better Weather Ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)