The Cross-Server Tournament II - Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Important Announcement!

Alright, the signup thread died down a bit and I really want the best team that there is. So, I will be cutting the deadline for signups until the end of tomorrow, in which I will select a few confirmed members of the team (you probably know who you are) to help me make the rest of the team. We will try to make this as fair as possible, meaning that we will decide the team based on both activity and skill level. Do not ask me if you can be on this group. You might even be picked to fight a match in order to earn a spot on this team.

If you are unsure about joining, you'd better make your mind up fast! We want the best team possible that accurately portrays the CaP Server.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
You're awesome plus. I thought you were going to let just anyone represent us so t's nice to see some limitations.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
It's not about being good, it's about those faithful to the Create-A-Pokemon Server to duke it out against the players of opposing servers. I'm aware I'm being adamant, but that'd be like Kobe playing for the Lakers, but playing for the East.. It just doesn't belong..

I'd really like to play for the CAP team. I was originally going to play for SM, but CAP is my home server and I can't betray my CAP friends.

I'm talking to Beef right now and I'm telling him that I want to leave.

I'm ready.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd really like to play for the CAP team. I was originally going to play for SM, but CAP is my home server and I can't betray my CAP friends.

I'm talking to Beef right now and I'm telling him that I want to leave.

I'll edit this post once I find out what will happen.
You'd best hurry up. I might close signups early depending on how fast my group comes together.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
Alright, nice to have you on board.

edit: signups have closed. thank you all for supporting cap as a team. Those who don't make it in the final team will still be subs, so be on the lookout!

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
The Current List

The list was decided through two big factors: Server/Forum Activity and Battling Skill. After conversing with a few higherups of CaP, we have weeded out people with little to none connections to CaP as well as people we have never heard about or made an effort to contact us. Congratulations to the people that did make it. To those that did not and are still active in CaP, read tennisace's post.

Without further ado, here is the current team CaP! Four slots remain.

1) Plus
2) SoT
3) Magmortified
4) tennisace
5) ReyScarface
6) Elevator Music
7) darkie
8) Jimbo
9) locopoke
10) cyberzero
11) Umbreon Dan
12) reachzero
13) dragonites
14) billymills
15) Vader
16) tacho
17) Beej
18) Duskie
19) Kevin Garrett
20) JabbaTheGriffin
21) Hybrid99
22) tito
23) Dormin
24) Vashta
25) Erazor
26) adub_banded
27) Fuzznip
28) twash

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hi there! As you can see, the team is mostly filled. However there are four spots left. Those were intentionally left to those who demonstrated interest in CAP, but we wanted to see just a bit more. So, here are the 8 players we want to come on the server/irc ASAP. If you're going to have troubles, PM Plus or myself. If you don't, you run the risk of not being eligible for a spot in the final 4! The list is in no particular order.

-Estranged - check
-Minus (RiceCame)
-Deck Knight
-ferron
-paru (fatalist)
-Sceats
-SEO
-HD

The 8 of you will be battling either myself, tacho, Elevator Music, OR POKEMON MASTER STELAR to determine your skill level.

Sorry to those who didn't make it, but don't despair! Anyone who signed up but is not on the "team" is a substitute, and could be called upon at any time. Thank you all for your enthusiasm guys, and congratulations to the final 8! Good luck all of you!

tennis, i'm interested, but in all honesty i know i'm not good enough. give it to someone more deserving.

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
tennis, i'm interested, but in all honesty i know i'm not good enough. give it to someone more deserving.
To be honest, I believe we gave everybody who deserved a chance a chance. If you are to drop out nobody is going to replace you. I suggest you at least give it a shot, since you were picked.

To be honest, I believe we gave everybody who deserved a chance a chance. If you are to drop out nobody is going to replace you. I suggest you at least give it a shot, since you were picked.
alright then, i'll give it a chance...

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Congratulations to the final four members!

29) HD
30) Estranged
31) Minus (RiceCame)
32) paru (fatalist)

Anyone who didn't make it is a substitute, and once again could be called upon at any time. Good luck team, lets do this!

Plus

中国风暴 trademark
Yep, congrats to those who made it.

Since CaP is technically part of smogon, and SU isn't really in this tournament, Cap also holds part of Smogon's name in this tournament.

Good luck to everyone! I will get further notice from Martin as soon as Round 1 starts. Currently, Snowy Mountains, PKEX, Team Uber, and Qbone have quite a bit of members. Let's whoop them.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Incidentally, do the other servers have the same (roughly) usage stats? Or do they play way differently from SU?

Incidentally, do the other servers have the same (roughly) usage stats? Or do they play way differently from SU?
They'll be playing standard OU, so they *should* have similar usage stats. If there are any discrepancies, it will probably be only because of personal preferences and a smaller userbase. Just as CAP has slight differences to the SU usage stats, I expect there to be minor differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)