The "don't belong" poke threads

Status
Not open for further replies.
After being told my thread involving type creation got rejected from two different boards, I started to wonder if smogon had a place for such a thread. I realize how wide and general such a topic could be, but if doesn't feel right that a pokemon related idea has no place on Smogon of all places. So I want to make a petition for a board that can incorporate these sorts of things. It would contain topics such as these two.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81096
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81998

We can divide it further into Competitive Speculation and Non-Competitive Speculation. Now the word "speculation" might set off a few warning bells, which is understandable, as knowing what is and isn't proper for speculation on a community driven board can sometimes be up in the air. Maybe discussing the biology of pokemon could be neat, but graphically depicting pokemon reproducing has no place here.

Where it would be placed also is an issue. Ideally, I would put it right under the ruins of alph, but thats not up to me. Maybe they feel it should be a project or somewhere else, or not at all :(

And also, who? Well, if no more experienced psychopath wants to take this task, I would happily do it. I may not have many posts or much experience, but I've been around the internet a long time. I know how this things should be taken care of and how discipline should be carried out when you involve many anonymous people posting whatever they feel is worthy of discussion that cant be discussed in other boards. I have time to devote, and I have a willingness to take it under my wing. If it at anytime becomes a cess-pool of innocuous ideas, I will personally ask for it to be removed and never see the light of day in that form ever again.

I have a pretty good idea of what the "whats" will be of the sub-board. Please take this into consideration, I am not asking for mod powers or anything more then a place for these threads.

Thanks.

Ah, I just noticed that the "CAM Metagame" had a social group. At first I was a little discouraged, but looking at other social groups, it seems remarkably out of place. Thoughtful ideas such as that would be the bread and butter of what I'm talking about, as the people involved aren't idly and uninterestedly talking about moves. It would be a place that would ascend to something like CAP, if it generated enough thought provoking ideas. Especially with B/W here, people brains will be racking for things that 'could' have been. There seem to be a good amount of hard working individuals there and it would be ashame to not give them an opportunity with at least a bridge to something bigger and more noticeable.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not really interested in CAM myself but what seems like the right path is to go into the CAM social group and start a thread about type creation. It will for sure spark some interest, especially because new types offers more incentive to create moves.

The problem with social group is nobody sees them. I think this is s great idea and we should support it.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Smogon is a website dedicated to competitive Pokemon. If you want to discuss various aspects of Pokemon that are irrelevant to competitive Pokemon, you should do so in a social group.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)