The Egg Group Tournament [Sign Ups]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Woah, wait what?? I'm not sure if I understand. So if we're using a Monster egg group and we plan to use T-tar, we can't use Dragon Dance because no pokemon in Monster group can breed DDance to T-tar? BTW, Torterra can breed Curse to T-tar and Charizard can breed DDance to T-tar. As you can see, I'm very confused right now. @_@
You can have Cursetar because Torterra learns Curse via level-up and can breed it onto Tyranitar. Charizard however, learns Dragon Dance via breeding from another group (dragon group). What he's saying is that you can have egg moves, but they have to originate within the group. I.E., somebody in the egg group has to learn it by level up to pass it on.

Well, to get Dragon Dance from Charizard onto Tyranitar, Charizard needs to breed with Dragonite. Dragonite isnt part of the Monster Egg Group, so if Charizard cant get Dragon Dance, neither can TTar from Charizard.

You can have Cursetar because Torterra learns Curse via level-up and can breed it onto Tyranitar. Charizard however, learns Dragon Dance via breeding from another group (dragon group). What he's saying is that you can have egg moves, but they have to originate within the group. I.E., somebody in the egg group has to learn it by level up to pass it on.
Solstice said:
Well, to get Dragon Dance from Charizard onto Tyranitar, Charizard needs to breed with Dragonite. Dragonite isnt part of the Monster Egg Group, so if Charizard cant get Dragon Dance, neither can TTar from Charizard.
Okay thanks. I think I get it now. Time to do some research on my "free choice" pokémon! BTW, when does the tourney start?

This is correct

The concept of this tournament is that you have every single pokemon in your egg group but not a single other one. and then you choose the 6 to use for your battle.

Pairings and very in depth rules will be posted tomarrow. Good Luck to all!

Signups closed

How does Sketch work in this tournament? Can you only sketch moves that other pokemon from your egg group learn?

How does Sketch work in this tournament? Can you only sketch moves that other pokemon from your egg group learn?
Smearlge can use any move. Pokemon in the ground egg group cant use moves that they would get from smearlge unless you have smeargle in your team and smearlge is using that move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)