The Everything NHL Thread

I don't know why you don't like that logo. The jersey itself is retarded, but the logo is actually pretty awesome. How many possible logos can you make for a hurricane? They used a hockey stick as a flagpole and put the hurricane warning flag on it. Pretty cool.

The new Jets logo looks like a 3rd graders first art project using MS Paint.

My logo rankings (excluding alternate logos)

1) Avalanche
2) Coyotes
3) Blues
4) Ducks
5) Sabres
6) Hurricanes
7) Capitals
8) Lightning
9) Kings
10) Devils
11) Penguins
12) Flames
13) Sharks
14) Oilers

The rest of them are actually lame. I don't care about "tradition."

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I disagree with those rankings. Most those logos suck (Coyotes?? Avs?? Ducks??! Ducks logo is just their name..) The only thing we agree on is the terribleness of the new Jets logo.

Detroit still has the most beautiful sweater in the game. /end fan bias

The D in the Ducks logo looks like a duck foot and/or a bird flying. I think it's pretty cool. The Avalanche logo actually represents an avalanche coming down the letter A. I think you have to take into consideration the actual name of the team. What possibilities are there for a Duck/Avalanache/Coyote logo? I think they did a pretty great job considering how boring their names are.

Actually I hate beer, and I'm Newfie, Dutch and English :3 lmao.

If no more free agents were signed, aapart from those teams who need players to fill cap space/ roster spots, which teams do you think would be competitors right now?

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Sabres are $2.5mil over the cap and still have to sign Gragnani. Regier said he'll be looking at the trade market. Who's the first to go? Pominville? Roy? God, I hope it's Gaustad.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Yeah, I am starting to worry for Marc-André.... he seems to be more than a scrub and I really want the Sabres to give him a full season chance.

Still harbouring hope he's the final piece of the puzzle when it comes to my fantasy D squad.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Kinda sad that for two seasons in a row, our best playoff performers have been rookies.

We need to keep him in the fold, maybe send Morrisonn down. I'd rather not though, because when he's not injured he's solid on the third pairing. We have too many left-handed D-men and I really miss Montador. :pirate:

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
Faceoffs are all Gaustad is good at. He can't skate, he can't score, he can't pass, he can't even fight anymore since he broke his hand a couple times. We put him in front of the goalie on the PP and he manages one or two goals there a year and has no discernible affect on the rest of the unit. He's overpaid and needs to go.

Well, no longer you can call the Wings "old". As if it mattered... Gonna miss Draper; did a crapton more than Who?dler did all season long in half a season.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
Islanders trade Trent Hunter and a conditional 2012 draft pick to the Devils for Brian Rolston.

I liked Hunter, he was a hard working player and he kind of looks like that guy from Anthrax, but I can't deny this is an upgrade.

paintseagull

pink wingull
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
St John's new team name and logo officially revealed (though the name was a poorly kept secret)

St John's Ice Caps (farm team for the Jets)

Nice enough logo but this name (which is supposed to be reminiscent of the old Caps team) is just... well, there were so many better ones. And don't forget about the obligatory joke

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
New Jersey Devils general manager Lou Lamoriello and New York Rangers counterpart Glen Sather last week urged county voters to approve the measure.
That's sweet, seriously.

Disappointed the referendum didn't pass however. The Islanders are not amongst the teams I'd want to see move.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
This is pretty bullshit. Mark my words, that young team was beginning to turn it around last season, this year they're going to start winning more and those voters are going to be sorry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)