The Everything NHL Thread

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
do sexual assault allegations count? because you're probably going to win that category
I figure if he plays it's a fantastic pick. I did hear someone reading an article that apparently Kane's DNA was found in her fingernails and on her shoulders but WAS NOT found in her vagina or on her undergarments so if that's corroborated I can't see him getting convicted.

ah here's one link
http://www.secondcityhockey.com/2015/9/21/9365619/patrick-kane-investigation-dna-evidence-blackhawks

Entirely possible there could have been a struggle where he drunkenly tried making out with her or fondling her without her consent but unlikely to be able to prove that in court. With rape off the table and only sexual assault a possibility it seems highly likely he'll be acquitted.

Royalty

Confused, truth is what I choose
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
At this point I think it's more his playing future in Chicago that's in question than if he's going to be charged with rape. Your league has so many categories it's hard to cover them all, but your team looks decent.

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
At this point I think it's more his playing future in Chicago that's in question than if he's going to be charged with rape. Your league has so many categories it's hard to cover them all, but your team looks decent.
The organization came out in support of him by endorsing his statement. The only way they cut him loose is if the sexual assault allegations become actual charges.

Did a fantasy draft with my roommates and friends despite vehemently protesting that I wouldn't do fantasy hockey this year. Honestly have no idea how to think of my draft because I suck at fantasy hockey so I'm hoping y'all can give me some opinions/feedback on it. I picked 4th/10

C (/RW) - Patrick Kane (3) (fell because of concerns over his legal issues)
C - Tyler Johnson (5)
LW (RW) - Alex Ovechkin (1)
LW - James Van Riemsdyk (8)
RW - Vladimir Tarasenko (2)
RW - Mark Stone (12)
D - Victor Hedman (6)
D - Aaron Ekblad (10)
D - Sami Vatanen (11)
D - Nick Leddy (13)
BN (C, LW) - Alex Galchenyuk (14)
BN (C, LW, RW) - Ryan O'Reilly (15)
BN (D) - Morgan Rielly (16)

G - Ben Bishop (4)
G - Cory Schnieder (7)
BN (G) - Jaraslav Halak (9)

Top 3 picks were Crosby, Tavares, Seguin
DAM you scored an absolute gift by getting ovie at 4th. he should singlehandedly win you SOG every week, and will most likely be the reason you win goals, PPP and hits. in any non-enforcer league ovie should really be the 1st overall pick (though you could make a decent argument for crosby) so props to your roommates for messing up XD

in all seriousness your roster looks excellent. if hedman and vatanen stay healthy you'll probably have the most productive overall defence in your pool. goalies look solid too, although i guess your roommates are probably fielding good goalies as well since it's only a 10-person pool

JVR is gonna absolutely kill your +/- and i'm not just saying this cuz i'm a leafs hater (which i am!!) so he could be a good trade candidate or even an option to drop. there are always a few players that blow expectations out of the water (like dubnyk and tarasenko last year) and the peeps that drop players to pick them up early are usually the ones who do the best. i say this as someone who picked up the aforementioned dubnyk and tarasenko (and also foligno) last year and ended up winning my 16-person pool (H) (H)

--------

in non-fantasy news....... i cant wait for hockey to come back!!!!!!!!!!

Royalty

Confused, truth is what I choose
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Sounds like it. Still hoping to see that Kane to Buffalo for reinhart, Ennis, and a draft pick or two.

Texas Cloverleaf

Dude it's October, you ought to know better.
We can lose every single game this year if they play like that. We carried possession, had competent breakouts, held offensive pressure for sustained periods and our power play looked good. Against a good Habs team no less. Our worst players were Bozak and Lupul which tells you about how the rest of them are buying the system. That we can show this kind of improvement already is really exciting for when the budding stars arrive.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I love how this entire page but 1 person is someone who has been on the Canadian wcop roster

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Don't look now, but the Sabres, the team that was the worst possession team in history last year, leads the league in SOG and is 5th in shots SOG against. According to war-on-ice, they're above 50% Corsi for the first time in... ever? But our goaltending is godawful and our SH% is super low, so once our PDO starts to pick up (and assuming we stop playing Chad Johnson), watch the hell out.

Blackhawks are playing like shiiiiiiit. Don't know where to begin, but they're not even scrappy atm either. Seeing Sharp in Dallas is still so trippy to me.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Fuck this league. Only one game to Dubinsky for cross-checking Crosby in the neck, and then that very night TWO MORE PLAYERS DO IT and one ends up denting Colaiacovo's trachea. Jesus christ.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah, it seems the jackets are playing super dirty under tortorella. from what I've seen yesterday compared to earlier seasons at least
Just watched vs. LA last night, I'm going to have to agree with this; it was pretty bad.

In other news, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone who frequents this thread already saw this but I thought I'd post it for those who haven't. Everything is spectacular here, especially the dive and the ref's mic that was accidentally on:

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Just watched vs. LA last night, I'm going to have to agree with this; it was pretty bad.

In other news, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone who frequents this thread already saw this but I thought I'd post it for those who haven't. Everything is spectacular here, especially the dive and the ref's mic that was accidentally on:
I'm so glad the Pens finally got rid of him. Such a talented player and a great sniper but a coward on the ice, it's really a shame because I think he has the chops to be one of the elite players in the league.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)