The Expert Belt Dojo (Q&A) (CHALLENGES CLOSED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mme and Temp need ref. Any takers?

And, well, about the question, since it would be an event/gift move...yeah.

Edit- Data audit answered it on first post. Thank you, data& Temp!

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
I need to ask a question so it can be answered by someone else, because I have a fairly vested interest in the outcome:

Data Audit Thread said:
Bounce: The Pokemon leaps above an incoming attack and crashes down on the opponent with immense force. The strength of the impact on pinned limbs can cause paralysis.

Attack Power: 9 | Accuracy: 85% | Energy Cost: 7 | Effect Chance: 30% | Typing: Flying
'Leaps above an incoming attack' can only mean dodges it, but this seems quite broken if you are faster. There is also the question of staying up in the air: while it says that it just has -1 priority, this means it essentially can dodge every attack, and the question of whether it can volountarily stay up in the air like Fly and in-game is also unsure.

I would suggest that whether it is hit depends on the nature of the attack: Rock Throw would hit as a projectile, Psychic would hit as a mental attack, but a Pokemon using Fire Punch which can't fly would not hit. Thus it is reasonably true to both the anime and in-game. You also don't have the problem of invulnerability, because with the movepools in ASB, everything can can hit it.
[/SPIEL]

Athenodoros

Taking DW vs. El Dino.

Ms. Ardy(Mismagius)(Female)

Typing:
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks. Can move through walls for a brief period of time but must remain in motion. Superior senses in low light and inside dark buildings. Have no vision reduction in hazes.

Modest Nature(+SpA, -Def)
HP: 100
Atk: *(-)
Def: **
SpA: *****(+)
SpD: ****
Spe: 105

EC: 6/6
MC: 1

Ability:

Levitate: This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit.

Attacks:-
Lucky Chant
Magical Leaf
Growl
Psywave
Spite
Astonish
Confuse Ray
Mean Look
Hex
Psybeam
Shadow Ball

Will-O-Wisp
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power 7 Fighting

Nasty Plot
Spite
Shadow Sneak

Lucario* Destruction (Male)
Nature: Naughty (Adds * to Attack; Subtracts * From Special Defense)

Typing:
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves, Meditate and Cheer Up have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Steel: Steel STAB; Immune to Sandstorm, highly insusceptible to toxic attacks, but can be corroded specifically by Acid and Acid Spray, can be magnetized. Superior senses in high-metal environments like construction sites or factories.

Abilities:
Steadfast: If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference.
Inner Focus: When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.
Prankster: (DW)The Pokemon is always prepared for engaging in sneaky tactics and trickery, giving its non-damaging attacks an increase in priority level. (DW)

Stats:

HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5 (+)
Def: Rank 2 (-)
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 90

EC 6/6
MC 0
DW 3/5

Moves:

Dark Pulse
Quick Attack*
Foresight*
Detect
Metal Claw
Endure*
Counter*
Force Palm*
Feint*
Bone Rush
Metal Sound
Reversal*
Screech*
Aura Sphere
Extremespeed

Hi Jump Kick*
Crunch*
Agility*

Swords Dance*
Shadow Claw*
Dig*
Nasty Plot

Go, starting with DW.[/QUOTE]

HP: 64
Energy: 81%
+2 Special Attack

HP: 76
Energy: 77%
Burned - 2nd Degree burns
+1 Special Attack

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It's next round, but nothing much has changed and both contestants start by hatching Nasty Plots to boost their attacks (7 Energy). Then, they both just spam attacks at each other: Mismagius lets off two Hidden Powers, and each hits Destruction hard, and does a great deal of damage (5 + 9 Energy, 21 * 2 Damage). Lucario uses two Dark Pulses, and hits just as hard back (6 + 10 Energy, 19 + 19 Damage). This leaves the bout over, and we'll have to wait to see how it will end...

----------------------------------------------------------------------

HP: 26
Energy: 60%
+4 Special Attack
Score: 20 + 30 + 5 + 10 = 65

HP: 28
Energy: 54%
Burned - 2nd Degree burns
+3 Special Attack
Score: 28 + 27 + 10 = 65

So this means it is the Dojo's first tie! This hasn't happened before, so just because I'm a nice guy and #capasb tells me to, Alch wins but gets no DC, and Destiny Warrior and elDino both lose but get 2 each. Funny, eh?

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
With my winnings, I'd like to buy prize number 1 please, and keep the other in reserve for later. Thank you!

Athenodoros

So it turns out that I can't actually work out that if a number is 26, then it is not 20. Turns out DW wins and I hereby revoke Alch's winning and elDino's second counter. Sorry.

Goddammit, why have like 4 people's battles been reffed whereas mine has been waiting for like a page and a half. It's me vs. smash.

I want a two turn brawl, since Venser has decided to back out of ours due to lack of reffage.

... If it wouldn't be too much hassle.

(If I were being impertinent, I might suggest hiring another ref for these.)

I want a two turn brawl, since Venser has decided to back out of ours due to lack of reffage.

... If it wouldn't be too much hassle.

(If I were being impertinent, I might suggest hiring another ref for these.)
I'd like one too, seing as the one I was supposed to be having seems to not be happening!

DarkSlay

Guess who's back? Na na na! *breakdances*
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
From this point on, Two Turn Brawls are CLOSED. If you signed up for one, we will be getting to you. We are just not accepting new requests. Please be patient, as for many ASB players, this is finals week, so time will be needed. Thank you.

I have a few questions regarding move effects and combos (sorry if any have been asked before, but Search isn't working for me right now):

Does U-Turn retain its normal switching effect in ASB? This is the most important question I have. I'm not sure if there's a database of move effects anywhere (if there is, I would really appreciate a link to it), but my strategy in one of my ASB matches hinges around this.
EDIT: Temperantia just helped me out immensely. Thanks!

SolarBeam + Flamethrower: Since both are energy attacks, could they merge and create an absurdly powerful fire move?

Bug Bite/Bite + SolarBeam/Flamethrower/Hydro Pump, etc.: I assume this would improve accuracy, but would any other effects occur, such as increased CH rate?

Pursuit + U-Turn: Could you hunt a Pokemon down, hit them with a combined attack, and switch out immediately? (Ignore this if U-Turn's effect is different in ASB.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)